Saint Laurent Heels

MrPump

Wow , the new collection for fal 2015 from Saint Laurent looks fierce !

First thing that caught my eye were the high heeled boots , LOVE them :cool:

I'm saving up for these rock 'n roll babies

What do you think about them ?

post-26164-0-39360000-1422292068_thumb.j

• Like 1

Some interesting stuff in the 'Details' section but I won't have to worry about price as I will probably never see any of this in a story in the sticks of the Midwest.

(Boy was that a run-on sentence)

• 6 months later...

Thank you for making me aware of these Mr Pump. I've been keeping my eye out for them ever since, putting away £100 (=$140) a month, and finally purchased a pair on Saturday.

I'm told they are part of this seasons Saint Laurent androgynous look "blurring the lines between menswear and womenswear" and therefore the same boot is available in both women's and men's ranges.

I tried on both the men's and women's. Directly comparing both, I found the women's heel to be around 10mm higher and 2mm narrower than the men's in the same size, but from 5-6 feet away they look identical.

My wife, who tolerates (but dislikes) many of my heels, actually likes these.

So you can get an idea of the whole look, here's a picture I took whist trying them on in-store:

post-548-0-70537900-1439316952_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@Rob:

Very nice look. Even though I don't like these type of boots with a pointed tip, I actually think that they look great on you.

Now if you ditch the Apple watch and get something more classic, and you will have an outstanding look :cheeky:

I love the new YSL boots. I've bought several pairs of their boots over the past few seasons, especially as the heels inched upwards. This season I am determined to get a pair of the boots that Rob is wearing. Several on-line retailers now have them and the YSL site is offering them also.

I love them too. Haven't seen them in the stores yet. I would love to own a pair although they are a bit expensive. I own a pair of johnny boots so would be time to buy a second pair of Ysl boots.

Thanks for sharing the photo Rob!

Looking at the YSL web site, the men's boots are like $1,300.  Yikes!  Won't be buying those any time soon!  However, I am blown away by the fact that he is selling heels for men.  I would love to know just how well they sell. 

Thanks for your comments guys.

@Rob:

Very nice look. Even though I don't like these type of boots with a pointed tip, I actually think that they look great on you.

Now if you ditch the Apple watch and get something more classic, and you will have an outstanding look :cheeky:

Thank you Freestyle!

Collecting watches used to be a thing of mine, but once I started carrying a phone (about 20yrs ago) I stopped wearing them regularly and used the phone for the time, But the Apple watch was a gift from my wife for my 50th, so I wear it most of the time now.

I own a pair of johnny boots so would be time to buy a second pair of Ysl boots.
Thanks for sharing the photo Rob!

You're welcome!

I have a couple of pairs of Jonny boots as well, and was wearing one of the pairs that day. You can see one of mine on the floor in front of me in the last picture below.

I would love to know just how well they sell. 

The store has already sold out in a few sizes, as have the web sites. However they may have only produced a low quantity. I don't know if they will make more as they are this season.

RonC: YSL had the Jonny boot A bit ago, quite a lot like these but a slightly rounder toe.

In one of the foot shots below (2nd picture) I am wearing one of the new boots on my left foot and one of my Jonny boots on my right foot for comparison.

The first picture shoes my other Jonny boot alongside one of the new boots, between two different finishes of the new boots on my feet.

Obviously the higher heel makes ones foot look shorter than in the Jonny boots. Personally I prefer the toe shape of the Jonny boots, but like the higher heel of the new boots.

post-548-0-87959000-1439926333_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-60264400-1439926370_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-68006200-1439926386_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The heels on the new season's boots look considerably taller than the Jonny boots' heels. Here is my Jonny collection. Last season I bought a pair of the YSL Hedi 30 jodhpur boots, which I also love.

Rob, I have to agree that the toe shape on the Jonny boot is preferable.

post-114-0-57106700-1440128026_thumb.jpg

post-114-0-49826100-1440128075_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The heels on the new season's boots look considerably taller than the Jonny boots' heels. Here is my Jonny collection.

Nice collection Tex!

Yes, the heel on these new boots is almost an inch taller that the Jonny boots. I've taken a picture for comparison.

image.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Rob:

Thanks for the comparison photo. Those new heels are awesome.  I've got to get some.  I have a lot of custom cowboy boots with heels that high, but the shape of these is perfect.  I'm impressed that you bought the snake skin version...well done.  I was tending towards the double strap version for myself. 

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd take a look at the YSL site and see if they still had the men's boots with the 3+ inch heels.  First go though, I click on shoes and all that is there are those with the 2" heel.  Just for the heck of it, I clicked on the Sale tab, and lo and behold, there were the 3" heel boots - all on sale.  Not sure if that's good of bad - good, because if you look at the stock, they are down to the last pair or two in most styles, with limited sizes left.  Maybe that means they sold very well.  Bad - does that mean they will not continue the 3" heel versions if they are selling out the last few and apparently not making more?  Would be interesting to know the direction they are heading.

11 hours ago, RonC said:

Just thought I'd take a look at the YSL site and see if they still had the men's boots with the 3+ inch heels.  First go though, I click on shoes and all that is there are those with the 2" heel.  Just for the heck of it, I clicked on the Sale tab, and lo and behold, there were the 3" heel boots - all on sale.  Not sure if that's good of bad - good, because if you look at the stock, they are down to the last pair or two in most styles, with limited sizes left.  Maybe that means they sold very well.  Bad - does that mean they will not continue the 3" heel versions if they are selling out the last few and apparently not making more?  Would be interesting to know the direction they are heading.

Hi Ron,

I hope this isn't the end of them, but if there is no demand, they won't want to keep making them.  And with that, less chance of men's heels like this filtering down to the mainstream. :(

This is one of the reasons that I brought mine as soon as I could. - You never know when they might be discontinued.

Unfortunately they are not on sale in the UK/Europe yet. If they were I would buy another pair. Hopefully they will go in to the Boxing Day / January sales here.

PS: The heel is 3.5" (in the smaller sizes & higher in the larger sizes).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If anyone is interested, I have a pair of these for sale. Mint condition, never worn (not even tried on), with dust bag, in the original box.

(As I loved the ones I posted about above so much, I brought some more, but have never worn them.)

Size 41 (UK Men’s 8, which I think is either an 8 or 8.5 in US Men’s). However, I do want what I paid for them. Otherwise I’ll just keep them and wear them one day.

PM me if you are interested.