My 014 Outings

w6ish

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the look, w6ish. I don't have the hair or the tan, but I have been wearing a slightly more conservative version of your look recently--my shorts are just as short, but not as tight as yours. I've enjoyed finally wearing what I like, and I hope you have a lot of fun wearing your hot pants this summer!

i've definitely had my fair share of wild adventures thus far.  i am enjoying my summer!  but here is a curve ball!!!  one of my gal pals wants me to join her at a weekend festival and we both agreed that maybe it wasn't the place to wear 6 inch heels-lots of green space, park and open hillsides, etc.  we also both agreed that men's sandals look stupid.  what we might do is go into a place like Town Shoes and hopefully find a pair of women's flat sandals in black, that will, as she put it, look as elegant as the rest of you!  we'll see how that goes.   

some women love the look and some women completely disagree with it!  thank goodness i'm in the company of a bunch of gals that love the look.  

well i am tanned up by now, so i am getting confident about wearing my super short shorts!

A most intriguing look, my friend. I'm not a fan of shorts myself, so I'd prefer a miniskirt myself. Still, more power to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

some women love the look and some women completely disagree with it!

I think that would be true even if you weren't a guy. In any case you seem to have a realistic perspective on things, no look will ever have universal approval and it's important to appreciate the friends who are cool with your fashion choices. My legs aren't nearly as well toned or tanned as yours, but I do like hotpant denim shorts. You wear yours very well and your confidence is justified.

If you like it, wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys!  a little positive feedback goes a long way.  

so i am out the door today on another high heeled adventure!  i look forward to my road trip and i'll be back on Thursday with all the fun and grungy details!  i'm taking my black Sherberts with the 6 inch heel, and i'm taking my new VIP brand 6 inch heels with an animal print over the vamp.  the animal print did not work on an untanned foot but now, this far into the summer, the feet are tanned wonderfully and the animal print looks quite good.  at least it does to me.  and of course i'm taking a couple of pairs of my fun skinny jeans!  it should be fun!

i totally and completely caved in last week, July 30th.  i had changed into some fun jeans, the weather was sunny and hot, and i was in the mood for some sexy 6 inch heels on my feet.  but i got to the parking lot and a construction crew was there pouring new sidewalks!  there were about 15 guys on the crew, working the cement.  well that was enough to unhinge me.  so i put my shoes in a bag and walked down to the next corner where the diner was located.  turns out the patios were jam packed with women, professional gals, all sitting out there enjoying their lunch breaks.  that was it for me.  i just could not muster the courage to wear my heels.  instead i went to the diner in my black socks!  the waiter didn't notice and i sat down waiting for my lunch date.  a young couple next to me saw my socks and smiled at me.  i wonder what they were thinking!

after awhile though it kind of dawned on me that i'd made a big mistake not wearing my shoes.  it would have been a lot of fun sitting there alone, on the patio, waiting for my friend, wearing those sexy 6 inch heels.  

sometimes i just don't know what comes over me.

"""sometimes i just don't know what comes over me."""

I do - - It's like walking into a resturant thinking it's casual, and seeing nothing but 3 piece suits and black ties - - and your in jeans and a Pink Floyd T-shirt. You then realize the waiter is avoiding you - - that is until you put a $50.00 bill on the table and tell the waiter "I'm here for dinner"

Had this happen once. All of the sudden, the waiter is interested, and the boss now see's what was going on. Needless to say, dinner came with a complimentary bottle of wine, and the owner would not allow a tip.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe today will be: the next time.  after my cave in at the end of July i pretty much kept to myself.  but i have the entire upcoming week alone and there should be room for adventures.  i have some new shoes coming soon as well, so i look forward to those.  maybe a new pair of shoes will give me that boost i need to get back out there.  and hopefully a phone call and an invite from a friend.

had a decent outing last evening and i'm very happy about it.  a friend did give me a call and we went out for dinner.  she had a very specific dress code for me and i was happy to oblige.  i got to her place, parked, met her out front and asked:  where is the diner?  she said it wasn't far down the street and we could walk to it.  at first i had the butterflies but in the company of a cute gal i soon settled down.  i was a little nervous from the start so i thought i would wear my conservative 6 inch heel Sherberts in black and its a good thing as the short walk turned out to be around ten blocks!  not sure if i would have made that walk alone but with a gal pal it went alright.  dinner was wonderful (a few freaky looks from folks already seated) and the walk back was a lot of fun.  she had me come into her place for some visiting and sent me on my way around 2 a.m.  

the drive back was a lot of fun as well:  i was refreshed and in very good spirits about my outing and felt confident so along the way i stopped at an all night coffee shop and instead of using the drive through i thought i would stretch my legs and go in.  the gal working the counter took one look at me and said:  i love your shoes!  of course at that hour the place was empty and i thought i would have a little fun with it.  i wandered around the empty shop and my shoes made an incredible noise on those big tile floors.  i was pretending to look out the windows but what i was really looking at was my reflection: my wild outfit indeed was an attention getter.  i stayed in the shop for several minutes chatting it up with the gal at the counter and i liked the way she looked me up and down.  soon the butterflies returned and i took that as sign to get out of there and none to soon!  i got to my car and in pulls a police cruiser!  they gave me a quick glance but that was it.  they couldn't see my shoes as my car was between us, blocking the view.

once in the country side i pulled over a few times as it was a hot and misty night, after a day of rain, got out and walked the barren highway, i didn't want the adventure to end!  i got home and went straight to bed and slept in this morning.  i woke up to find a package in the mail box!!!  my new shoes arrived!!!  what a great way to start the day after a fun night out.    

• 2 weeks later...

fun outing continue!  i went to the club on Thursday night with a gal pal and wore my brand new 6 inch heels with my ultra tight Bluenote skinny jeans.  i love the look and it seems some gals in the club liked it too!  we didn't stay long though and it was just after midnight when i was back on the road to home.

i snapped this photo on the way into the city.  its at one of those road side rest areas.  this is the pair in black, but of course i had to have them in white, and i'll get some pictures of those soon.  let me know what you think!

Looks good.

I was contemplating skinnies and a pair I picked up on my last trip out of town, but they just didn't look right. May have been those butterflies as you say.

What make/style are those new shoes. Look kinda interesting. Never thought I would step out in a stilleto platform, but I did recently. Wasn't too bad an experience. May do it again, and those look like something I would try.

Fun heels and a very confident look with the skinny jeans, you wear them really well. If I was being picky it looks like those shoes have lovely ankle straps and it seems a shame to hide them under the jeans, they'd look amazing with a pair of 3/4-length skinny jeans :)

Of course the white version of the heels would look great too!

If you like it, wear it.

yes i was thinking the same thing about the ankle straps:  they are pretty sexy and they should be seen.  personally i think they're a bit thin, i'd like to have them x 2 that width, like my white double buckle beauties.  still, there is nothing like a brand new pair of shoes and wearing them on the street and to the club.  they also have a fun tread pattern on the bottoms of the platforms which makes for some amusing adventures along the way.  i crushed out a cigarette on the street and it got squished into the grooves and was stuck for a few minutes before eventually falling off, some folks along the way notice that sort of thing and its fun to see them staring.  i did see one gal staring at my shoes while she was outside smoking a cigarette-would have loved to know what she was thinking!

Got a costco card yesterday, was thinking of wearing my heels there today after work, it's would be a good place to wear heels I think.

How did it go?

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

had an interesting conversation with a lady friend yesterday.  she said:  i notice you only wear one style of heel (as seen in entry number 43) and she asked me why that is.  truth is i do have 7 pairs of heels with the same 6 inch heel and 2 inch platform but with different ankle straps and vamps plus one pair of black boots on the same heel/plat.  she's only seen me in my 6 inch heels, not the wild 7.5 inch spike heels.  

i told her i'd have to work on answer for that one.  anyone care to help with that answer?  

why the same heel/platform? 

i told her i'd have to work on answer for that one.  anyone care to help with that answer?  

why the same heel/platform? 

You know what my recommendation is. :penitent:   The make thigh boots with the big platform and they look great with skinny jeans.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You know what my recommendation is. :penitent:   The make thigh boots with the big platform and they look great with skinny jeans.

TBG

Hmm! Why am I not surprised you made THAT particular recommendation? :silly:

But, seriously, w6ish, that is a good idea TBG presented. It might well be worth it to give that outfit a try.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i'd LOVE to have some thigh high boots on those 6 inch heels with the 2 inch plats.  in black leather.  with laces all the way!  i'd wear those with my super skinny jeans.  if you see anything like that:  Please let me know!  

W6ISH,

I suspect a lot of us, if not most of us, have favorite styles. Mine is a sandal or clog with 3" block heels. Some people favor stiletto pumps, boots, or sandals. Others like wedge sneakers or loafer pumps. While I do have other types of shoes in my collection, my favorite styles predominate. So no surprise that your collection is mostly what you like best. Sounds good to me!

Steve

i'd LOVE to have some thigh high boots on those 6 inch heels with the 2 inch plats.  in black leather.  with laces all the way!  i'd wear those with my super skinny jeans.  if you see anything like that:  Please let me know!  

The leather part of the description may narrow the selection (and raise the cost).

Consider Pleasers Delight series

or  Ellie's 609 series (search thigh boots / 609)

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

i looked those over, very wild boots!  i'd like to try those over my skinny jeans with a black high cut leather jacket.  what a look that would be!

This is an old, but a favorite, image from the long defunked website thighboots.com.

post-928-133522871505_thumb.jpg

Plain thigh boots over jeans with a leather jacket.  I have always loved that look.

TBG