Is Heelsformen.net Dead?

Rockbass19

I signed up for an account there a couple weeks ago - I validated my e-mail address twice, but I'm still not active. Is the site dead?

I rather suspect that the site administrator is quite short on spare time for vetting membership applications ...

Stick to this site - you'll see more action here!

I'm not straying from this site. Best on the net! Everybody respects and cares for each other. We need to see more of that in everyday life!

Ashley

I'm not straying from this site. Best on the net! Everybody respects and cares for each other. We need to see more of that in everyday life!

Ashley

I guess that's what a real community does! And yes the world needs a whole lot more of it. Remove lust, ego, and avarice and you rid the world of most of its problems. HappyinHeels

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Its pretty much dead there. There are maybe a few people posting on that site, and really there is only one person that appears to post fairly regularly. In fact, in some of the threads I see, it looks like this guy is having a long winded conversation with himself. :)

I wouldn't give up on this forum just yet. It's summer (in the northern hemisphere) and lots of people are on holiday or spending time outside and can't be bothered with keeping up with forums. It should get busier as the weather cools off, I expect. We're always seeing new people join us. Steve

The HHP forum has more promise of surviving. As society sees more men wearing heels, the emphasis should adapt to the attitudes and activities of its involved members. Take a stroll with me through the last five to ten years and we can see the increasing awareness of men wearing heels in the fashion industry, in some music videos, on You Tube entries, by sporadic happenings over the media, and etc. Not all male heelers are members of this forum. In fact, it is my belief or contention that the number of men that secretly and/or publicly wear heels would be quite an astonishing percentage of the world's male population, in spite of the socially noted out cries against men in heels of all the comparatively few people recorded. As it has been said earlier, there are more people showing their interest for or even against men in heels almost daily as they seek membership into this forum. As for their reasons or purpose to join, only they can say. There have been and are movements to forbid the wearing of heels, but due to the desire of the consumers who enjoy wearing them the market keeps heels in stock. What's to say that most of these consumers aren't only women? As a male, I know I have certainly purchased an annual portion of the heels available. Some while back, I got some information that led me to understand that there are males of the Arabian lineage who wear heels as part of their formal attire. As to the truth of this, it hasn't been confirmed, but it does give a mind something to ponder. These type of accounts, accusations, or innuendos come from everywhere, including history, concerning men wearing heels. With such evidence before us, it is hard to reason why more men don't jump on board and wear their heels openly. The established attitude of the last few centuries has deceivingly tried to take away the choice men use to apply concerning the selection of what they chose to wear. By placing upon them misinformed stereotyping and playing on their socially perceived roles to be practical in their dealings over trying to satisfy the aesthetical side of their personality men are greatly limiting their choices for appareling. For some men this choice limiting existence finds approval, but the men who desires to be free and live full lives according their personality choices, this type of existence has got the markings and the identity of a social prison, which keeps people from reaching their conception of a total life experience. Really! How is it so detrimental for men to wear heels as women do? Agreed, some men can't wear them for some reasons, but there are women that can't wear heels for the same reasons. Some women refuse to wear them and there will be men with the same attitude. For those who choose to and can wear heels and other socially controlled appareling, the call of living a full life beckons for their participation. Aren't we all here to live our life to its fullest?

• 2 weeks later...

heels4men.net is quiet site, that's for sure. But I'd say there is still room for the site to go along with HHP.

Heels4men.net is advertised as "A website for Guys who love heels, as guys..." and that fits my bill. I'm one of the few guys posting there. Would love to see more people joining the site and jump in to the discussions, but if admin is not vetting new user applications then I'm not surprised that there is not more peoples on the site.

I wouldn't give up on this forum just yet. It's summer (in the northern hemisphere) and lots of people are on holiday or spending time outside and can't be bothered with keeping up with forums. It should get busier as the weather cools off, I expect. We're always seeing new people join us.[

Steve

Nah, it was quiet before the summer too. Sometimes I only checked in once a week and found nothing interesting had cropped up. Sometimes I think there are only two threads still seeing signs of life, Word association game and the endless 'Adventures of X in heels' threads, which is basically one big thread anyway. Hell, if I were a mod I'd merge them all to get rid of the clutter.

I post there occasionally. It IS very quiet over there.

It's quiet over here too. Maybe not as much, but if you ignore the 'Adventures of X in heels' threads you have basically nothing left in 'For the Guys'.

The biggest question though is where have all the women gone too? For every female post there seems to be like 20 guy posts. 'For Everybody' might as well be a sub forum of 'For the Guys' and their own sub forum doesn't seem to get much use either.

It's quiet over here too. Maybe not as much, but if you ignore the 'Adventures of X in heels' threads you have basically nothing left in 'For the Guys'.

I had an accident as well as becoming a ' farmer ' of sorts this past year. I also moved where I lived. Its been very busy for myself.

As someone stated, its slow over the summer. I have noticed this on the 3 other forums that I belong to ( sports/car/informational forums that is ).

The biggest question though is where have all the women gone too? For every female post there seems to be like 20 guy posts. 'For Everybody' might as well be a sub forum of 'For the Guys' and their own sub forum doesn't seem to get much use either.

Some of the ' ladies ' were men.

If its one thing I know about ' women ' is they stick in ' packs '. They make a bond, trust.. When it was exposed that one of them was really a guy.. after all their conversations.. I might be inclined to be a bit bent myself.. resentful..

Some of the other ' women ' kind of split/left as they knew their days were limited.

My ' adventures in heels ' isnt an ' adventure ' anymore. Its just another simple daily facet in life. I put on pants, a shirt and a pair of shoes.. no big deal to me.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I still tune in here, but I agree it doesn't seem as lively as before. It was nice to see Happyfeat back again, but others like Johnieheel haven't been as active. I've been busy doing other things as well, and just haven't had much to post. I didn't even know heels4men was still around.

I had an accident as well as becoming a ' farmer ' of sorts this past year. I also moved where I lived. Its been very busy for myself.

As someone stated, its slow over the summer. I have noticed this on the 3 other forums that I belong to ( sports/car/informational forums that is ).

And I know plenty of other forums that have business as usual regardless of the weather. And I have seen forums that had as few postings a day as this one die, the start of a death spiral.

Some of the ' ladies ' were men.

If its one thing I know about ' women ' is they stick in ' packs '. They make a bond, trust.. When it was exposed that one of them was really a guy.. after all their conversations.. I might be inclined to be a bit bent myself.. resentful..

Conversations as in private? Cause I can read the 'For the girls' subforum just as easy as this one. It's not exactly a hidden subforum if you're a male. But generally I can see your point.

Some of the other ' women ' kind of split/left as they knew their days were limited.

This I don't get. Limited as in having moved on or limited as in there being too many guys?

My ' adventures in heels ' isnt an ' adventure ' anymore. Its just another simple daily facet in life. I put on pants, a shirt and a pair of shoes.. no big deal to me.

It's not meant derisive if that's what you think. Consider it more a genre name. And I applaud every guy who does what you do and goes out there. Maybe one day I hope to join you. But I also come here hoping to find some lively discussion regarding our favorite footwear. And I don't get that discussion when most threads are of the 'adventures in heels' variety instead.

Conversations as in private? Cause I can read the 'For the girls' subforum just as easy as this one. It's not exactly a hidden subforum if you're a male. But generally I can see your point.

... "Some of the other ' women ' kind of split/left as they knew their days were limited."

This I don't get. Limited as in having moved on or limited as in there being too many guys?

Basically, what he is saying is that several of the supposed 'women' participating in that forum, were found out to be guys, and were banned. Additionally, there probably are more still that were not found out, but they most likely decided they should just stop posting before they are found as well.

Any real women remaining after all the fake 'women' were banned, probably feel a lack of trust and comfort being at this site anymore, so they too have stopped posting here. I only see a few women left being active any more, which is a real shame.

I don't post about my regular days in heels, but I do tend to post an "adventure" when I've tried a new outfit with heels, simply because this is a fashion site and it's nice to see how we're all choosing to wear our heels and exchange ideas. Hopefully it also inspires newbies as to the possibilities of getting out there in heels if they're feeling more than a little apprehensive.

A big change on the forum for me was when the "Hellos, Goodbyes & Introductions" section went all robotic with the auto-generated "High Heel Place welcomes..." entries. It was a lot more interesting when new members introduced themselves personally - I think it also gave new members a comfortable start that encouraged them to subsequently participate more, but that feeling seems to have gone now.

If you like it, wear it.

And I know plenty of other forums that have business as usual regardless of the weather. And I have seen forums that had as few postings a day as this one die, the start of a death spiral.

By ' limited ' I meant their days of getting away with playing ' female impersonator ' were limited. Im here for ideas about shoes and to see what men are wearing. Not to look at ' trannies ' or ' impersonators '. Nothing wrong with either, but I dont believe that is what this site was about.

Some of the Galleries had ' guys ' with their pics of outfits sporting some Double D sized Knockers. Is that fashion or some fantasy? If its acceptable, so be it, if not, so be it.

I believe when the galleries were cleaned out of those pics, some people were agitated and left.

It's not meant derisive if that's what you think. Consider it more a genre name. And I applaud every guy who does what you do and goes out there. Maybe one day I hope to join you. But I also come here hoping to find some lively discussion regarding our favorite footwear. And I don't get that discussion when most threads are of the 'adventures in heels' variety instead.

Join me? Sure! Come on over! New home with 3 guest rooms and nobody ' out here ' gives a shit if you wear heels and a skirt of overalls.

HHBoots answered what I meant about ' time being limited ' better then I stated it. Sorry for the confusion and THANK YOU HHBoots!

Basically, what he is saying is that several of the supposed 'women' participating in that forum, were found out to be guys, and were banned. Additionally, there probably are more still that were not found out, but they most likely decided they should just stop posting before they are found as well.

Any real women remaining after all the fake 'women' were banned, probably feel a lack of trust and comfort being at this site anymore, so they too have stopped posting here. I only see a few women left being active any more, which is a real shame.

Theres 3 women whom are somewhat ' regulars '. Amanda, Megan and Dr. Shoe/Tara. There are a few others whom jostle around and post once in a while but for the most part, most of the women arent really around.

I don't post about my regular days in heels, but I do tend to post an "adventure" when I've tried a new outfit with heels, simply because this is a fashion site and it's nice to see how we're all choosing to wear our heels and exchange ideas. Hopefully it also inspires newbies as to the possibilities of getting out there in heels if they're feeling more than a little apprehensive.

It really is ' All in our heads '. All one needs to do is put on what they wish to wear and go out and about. Ive never been ' apprehensive ' about a lot of things but its just some clothes. At any given time one can take them off and change if they wish. Its not a permanent body modification or an ' alternate reality '. Everyone in modern countries wears some form of clothing. It really is ' no big deal '.

A big change on the forum for me was when the "Hellos, Goodbyes & Introductions" section went all robotic with the auto-generated "High Heel Place welcomes..." entries. It was a lot more interesting when new members introduced themselves personally - I think it also gave new members a comfortable start that encouraged them to subsequently participate more, but that feeling seems to have gone now.

You might be onto something. Usually letting people join and ' lurk ' for a while lets them get the feel of the place before they are put into some kind of spotlight. or on a stage of sorts.

Well wishes to all!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.