Perfect Jeans Length For Heels (Bell-Bottom)

freestyle75

Hi,

I've just received a really nice pair of Escada bell-bottom jeans in the mail:

Posted Image

When I am wearing them with my favorite heels, the hem nearly touches the ground; if I lean back, it does, if I lean forward, you can see some of the heel. The shoes themselves are covered completely by the jeans.

I wonder what the "right" length for bell-bottom jeans and heels are. Some say that it should be just as it is right now... nearly touching the ground:

Posted Image

Then again, I am seeing pictures like these:

Posted Image

... where much more of the heel is visible (in the latter example a little too much). While I understand that the leg (visually) gets longer if none of the shoe is visible, I have never worn jeans that were so long that they touched the ground (I am not very fond of collecting dirt).

How do you wear your bell-bottom or boot-cut jeans? How much of a heel do you keep visible?

I have never been a fan of bell bottoms and I don't really like boot cut either. As far as length, on woman, I hate to see pants dragging the ground or shoes covered Up. Why wear shoes if you are going to hide them. As far as making the leg look longer, Why do they wear crop pants? Nothing like a short woman, which I love including my wife, Wear pants that cut them off above the ankle making them look like they have half a leg. This girl at work wore these looong baggy pants with heels one day that made here look Like a clown. She has short legs anyway but the long pants, in this case, made her look Worse. For men in heels. If you don't care that people see, and you like the bell bottoms, go for it. But if you want to Be a little more inconspicuous, wear some like what I have on in the pic. The bell bottoms will Attrack attention plus they hide the toe of your shoes. I try to show more toe but hide my heel. Mens shoes should not be covered by pants so itry to keep it that way. The shoes I have on, todays shoe, is not really a good public shoe. I have to be very Careful where I go. You can my pants are starting to get that clown look like the girl at work.

post-2198-0-99135300-1356963610_thumb.jp

Bells are better for chunky stacked heel boots. Skinny flares are better for pumps. I like the look of the pants scraping the ground. I love to be really skinny and with long legs. Sort of like a supermodel look. With my chunky heels, I wear an inseam of a 32", and with skinny heel pumps, I have an inseam of 34'. My skinny heels are all 4.5" heels. With these heels I'm 6'2". I don't want to be any taller than that. I think bellbottoms hide way too much of the shoe. If I buy pants with too much flare, ill take them in myself. My hardest problem is finding pants that are long enough! Its really hard to find pants with an inseam of 34 or 35.

Im not a sailor or hippy so.. bellbottoms arent part of my fashion sense/wardrobe. My wife would absolutely DDT/pile-drive/sueplex me if I brought a pair home.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I am of the opinion that If you are comfortable with showing your heels it doesn't matter how long the pants are. I am ok with my heels on full display for everyone to see and I wear my pants in such a way that you can see them. If you don't want people to notice them, then I would suggest pants that come within one quarter to one half inch from the ground while in heels. The problem starts to come in if you have different height heels that you want to match with your pants. -Nikki

freestyle75, The length of the jeans you wear are a function of what type of fit you are getting. Buying, for example, a size 12 low-rise jeans will give you about the same amount of ground clearance as a size 14 (or size 16 short) in a mid-rise jean but this is where you need to consider what height of a heel you'll wear. I have mostly size 16-short mid-rise jenas for wear with 4-5 inch heels but also have some size 18 mid-rise jeans for wear with 6" (or higher) heels. On the other hand, if you have REALLY NICE LEGS, and want to show those heels then why not wear capri pants?? That would take nice legs, and some serious balls, to do it, but there are those here who do.....because they can. Your fashion quotient is the sum total of your comfort, style, and inner determination to express yourself. HappyinHeels

I wanted a pair before, but the more I see pictures of them, the more I'm thinking, I think my pants are perfectly fine for now. That way, I can cuff them over when in heels if the need comes to be. I don't like for my pants to hit the ground when in heels anyway (although my pants tell a different story), but I do have my 'shy' days..

Formally "HHDude"

The nice thing about women's jeans us you can choose what length you want. When I buy jeans, I telll the salesperson I want to wear then with 4"+ heels. And about any cut you want. Guys jeans don't look right with heels! I've always liked the flare look that covers most of the shoe and makes your legs look super long

Oh, wow. This is a subject I've considered at length. While I would never wear bell-bottoms, I have about six pairs of jeans cut at various lengths (thanks to Mom) for various heel heights. I would like tighter, more close-fitting jeans, however, and I may have to take pumpcat's advice and try girls' jeans to see if they fit me better. Oh, and I can't stand my pants dragging the ground. In fact, that's one of my lines. "Well, the reason I wear heels is because I can't find pants that fit me right, because my legs are so short. These were the only shoes I could find to fix this problem." One of my Vietnamese friends took me seriously. She is a seamstress. She told me, with a quite serious face, "anh James, I can help you fix your pants so you don't have to wear the high heel anymore." HA!

So you probably won't get the pants fixed! Just kidding! For me, heels are more of a necessity, it just feels good to be elevated and has greatly improved my posture! Back to the topic, I like flare pants for making my legs longer(as if they have to be longer!), and my feet to appear smaller.

Well, length of pants also depend on your size and stature. I'm about 201cm (79.1") tall and more the slim type. I couldn't even think about trousers reaching the floor except they are tailor-made and by this expensive (for me). And that's in flat men shoes. So in heels I always look like in the 3rd image from freestyle75 or like in my avatar...

Well, length of pants also depend on your size and stature. I'm about 201cm (79.1") tall and more the slim type. I couldn't even think about trousers reaching the floor except they are tailor-made and by this expensive (for me). And that's in flat men shoes. So in heels I always look like in the 3rd image from freestyle75 or like in my avatar...

Haha, Stiletto69, you and I have the opposite problem. I'm only 167cm and have short legs. I don't envy you. Neither my mother nor em Bình can help you with pant length. I bet you can about reach the sky in heels, though! Happy New Year!

As others have suggested, it is the amount of your footwear being on display that you can be comfortable with that determines the length. Please note that any length of the jeans that isn't touching or hugging the ground will display part of your footwear, whether it's some of the heel or an area of the toe box and your walking gait can also be another give-a-way of heeling. So your efforts to hide the fact you are wearing high heels is more of an activity in futility, especially if the heels are stilettos or narrow wedges and the material isn't a drab texture and color. Others just won't know the extent of the heel height, the brand, or whether the pair of shoes are pumps, boots, or etc., unless they are familiar with or wearing the same heels you have on. This is just a suggestion to consider: By exposing just enough of the footwear to let others know you are proud to wear heels will be seen more in a positive light than trying to hide them which appears deceitful and cowardice. Having written this, I will also need to shorten some of my jeans length in order to more fully comply with this positive light.

My preferred length for bootcut jeans (or any smart trousers too) is about half way down the height of the heel. When I'm standing that's high enough to stay clean and unfrayed and low enough for the leg-lengthening effect without totally hiding the shoes. That keeps enough heel visible to show that they're high but keeps a bit of mystery as to exactly how high. When sitting down the hems will rise enough to show off the whole heel, but not so high that the trousers look too short. If I want to show off the shoes more than that, rather than shorter bootcuts I'd prefer to wear skinny style jeans.

If you like it, wear it.

Quite frankly this style of jean draws attention to the legs below the knees. It is better that you forget hiding heels under such legwear and show them off with pride, otherwise people will only think you have something to hide under there.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

As soon as you sit down, though, the game is up, because your pants/jeans ride up enough to expose your entire foot. So if you are in a restaurant, at a bar, or on a park bench, there's no hiding.

Steve

Right! A few days ago I went with my wife to a restaurant and I was wearing 4 inch heels with pants long enough to hide them during walking (with shorter heels they would have dragged over the ground).

My wife told me that in the restaurant some people behind me were looking rather amazed at my feet.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

My preferred length for bootcut jeans (or any smart trousers too) is about half way down the height of the heel. When I'm standing that's high enough to stay clean and unfrayed and low enough for the leg-lengthening effect without totally hiding the shoes. That keeps enough heel visible to show that they're high but keeps a bit of mystery as to exactly how high. When sitting down the hems will rise enough to show off the whole heel, but not so high that the trousers look too short. If I want to show off the shoes more than that, rather than shorter bootcuts I'd prefer to wear skinny style jeans.

Right, if your going to wear a great looking pair of heels why not show them off! I agree with you and this is the lenght i shoot for.

When I see bell bottoms I think of robert plant from led zeplin. On woman, I like to see pants that just hit the top of the toe, and a kinda snug fit around the shoe. Skinny jeans, I like to see them at the top of the shoe, like with a pump.

I have not seen bellbottom jeans since the 1970's nor anybody wearing them today. My normal jean size is 29 inch inside leg, but I have a couple of pairs with a 27 inch inside leg length which are kept for when I am wearing my heels. Would not be seen dead in bellbottoms these days, but I did wear them with platform shoes in the 70's and my then wife bought them for me.

life is not a rehearsal