The Law

mickeyunc

Can someone help me? is it considered Public indecency for a man to dress like a lady in publiv/ ex, wearing skirt and hose and heels/ or short shorts hose and heels \. all this is done along road side or parking lots

give me more heels

Not sure what country you're in, but unless you're exposing your privates or leaving your breast exposed, then you're not in any trouble in the U.S.A.. If you're trying to pass as a female and using the ladies' room that's a bit more complicated.

Not sure what country you're in, but unless you're exposing your privates or leaving your breast exposed, then you're not in any trouble in the U.S.A.. If you're trying to pass as a female and using the ladies' room that's a bit more complicated.

Same here in the Netherlands

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I think it would be IMPOSSIBLE to allow people to wear their jeans around their knees with their undies showing ( ghetto! Thug life dawgs! ) and then turn and say a skirt/hose/heels is indecent.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

mickeyunc, The answer to your question is rather straightforward. There is no state or jurisdiction that penalizes a man from wearing clothing commonly associated with women or vice versa. Quite the contrary there are places like the entire state of New Jersey, the city of San Francisco, and the city of Dallas which protect one's right to dress the way they want by actual legislation. A "man" presenting as a "woman" is allowed, by law, to use the restroom that more closely represents the gender they are presenting themselves as. If, however, one were exposing oneself indecently,the laws relating to indecency and possibly disorderly conduct would apply. I am an LEO so I have a good working knowledge of these things. A lawyer could also shed a lot of light on these topics. I hope this answers your question adequately. HappyinHeels

If you are in a country run by radical religious fanatics, regardless of faith, you could be locked up at least, or get far worse for wearing the wrong gender's clothing.

so true and unfortunately there is plenty of them

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

If you are in a country run by radical religious fanatics, regardless of faith, you could be locked up at least, or get far worse for wearing the wrong gender's clothing.

Which makes it a valid question for someone living in the US. :online2long:

I remember seeing an old Barney Miller once, where a guy was being arested for dressing up as a woman, so it's not THAT long ago.

I am not a lawyer and have no training in that area but the question peaked my curiosity. I found

Can someone help me? is it considered Public indecency for a man to dress like a lady in publiv/ ex, wearing skirt and hose and heels/ or short shorts hose and heels . all this is done along road side or parking lots

I am not a lawyer and have no training in that area but the question peaked my curiosity. I found this web site with a list of location with laws preserving the right of gender identity. Please remember to not believe everything you read on the web.

I was plesantly surprised to find the three cities where I spend most of my time (in thigh boots) on the list.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I am not a lawyer and have no training in that area but the question peaked my curiosity. I found

I am not a lawyer and have no training in that area but the question peaked my curiosity. I found this web site with a list of location with laws preserving the right of gender identity. Please remember to not believe everything you read on the web.

I was plesantly surprised to find the three cities where I spend most of my time (in thigh boots) on the list.

Holy cow, both the cities I live/work in and state are pretty low on that list, one being the first one on it.

U.S. jurisdictions with laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of gender identity or expression. so if my city and state is listed in this category then there is nothing the law SHOULD be able to do. As i said i dont show any private parts. the worst outfit is pantyhose bikini bottom and top and high heels. Most of the time cars driving by dont even notice.

give me more heels

OK.

Here in the UK one's right to dress in clothing associated with the opposite sex is preserved by law. Moreover, a transexual has rights under both the Gender Recognition Act 2010 and under the Equalities Act 2011. In most countries of the world it is not illegal for a man to dress as a woman or vice versa, even in Islamic fundamentalist countries. The only thing is that in many of the less progressive countries the law will not protect you if you were victimised because of it and often the police may arrest you on other charges such as prostitution. Saudi Arabia is notorious for this and Turkey used to have a major problem in this direction. Until about 3 years ago, it was illegal to cross-dress in India but now it has been legalised and they have moved quickly to bring their laws concerning transgenderism up to that of Europe and the US.

In all the European countries (AFAIK), the US, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and India, your right to dress as the opposite sex is enshrined by law.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think in most of the countries it's not the law you really need to be afraid of when you are wearing clothes of the opposite sex, even if there is law against it. Mostly family, friends, strangers, hecklers, nationalists or whatever they are called, people with phobias. We don't have a law against it in hungary yet...And most likely such law will never come out, however, never say never. I can't believe such law exist, i mean do they define whatever piece of clothing belongs to one gender and the rest to the other?

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Thanks Dr Shoe, Nicely put. In some places it oftens goes awry with the one is enforcing the law, as to what their mood and tolerance is. But this should be motivating to be who we want to be....just do go for it!

Which makes it a valid question for someone living in the US. :online2long:

I remember seeing an old Barney Miller once, where a guy was being arested for dressing up as a woman, so it's not THAT long ago.

That was a fictional TV show based in a hick town. Not much to do with modern day US gender ID legal issues.

(formerly known as "JimC")

New York City a hick town?

Agreed. I used to watch that show. It was NYC.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think a couple of decades ago I seem to remember reading that in the UK a guy wearing heels in public (or rather more generally crossdressing) could potentially be classified as "disturbing the peace" which could really be a catch-all for almost anything. That seemed to be stacked in favour of the perpetrator of prejudicial abuse rather than the victim but, as Dr Shoe has already pointed out, thankfully we have things like the Equalities Act to provide more legal protection against discrimination these days.

If you like it, wear it.

To add a little more, it would also depend on where, I'm sure we aren't stupid but even waiting for your mate/buddies to come out of the toilets could cause notice and the authorities duly alerted. Other areas would be close to schools, many parents would take a dim view and I for one would be challenging the intelligence of the timing. Just loitering however is just asking for trouble! Al

Why would it be asking for trouble? What have schools got to do with it?

As I noted earlier I heel in areas that are on the list of cities having ordinances protecting my right to do that. I think the concept is they don’t care how you dress as you go about your business. However, I think most places have ordinances against loitering ( just hanging around for no apparent reason for a long period of time ) no matter what your wearing.

Schools in this instance probably refer to Kindergarten through 12th grade where there are a lot of kids without their parents. Most police forces are very protective of these areas (reduced speed limits, special cross walks with crossing guards,…). Anyone loitering in these areas or doing anything out of the ordinary just invites police scrutiny. It might not get you into trouble but I’m sure you would be encouraged to move along.

True story - I had a friend in an apartment that had a drug dealer in the next apartment. She called the police three times and got no action. There was an elementary school across the street from the apartment. My friend went over and spoke to the school principal and the police had the drug dealers gone that afternoon.

I am in no way equating heeling with dealing; just pointing how sensitive folks are to school areas.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

mickeyunc, The replies have strayed a bit from the premise of your original question but I think by now you get the sense that, at least in the whole of the United States, Canada, UK, and indeed the vast majority of the world simply wearing heels as a man will not land you in handcuffs or jail in of itself because no crime has been committed. A man dressed as a woman, even if found in a a school zone, could not be arrested for such if say he were just passing through or was transporting a child to/from school. Thighbootguy does have a point though about certian things being higher profile around school zones. Penalties for many crimes carry enhancers when committed within close proimity, usually defined by statute as within 1000 feet (328m) of a school , daycare facility, or public park playground. The world has changed, and along with a global trend toward more casual dress, electronics everywhere, and greater awareness of what's happening overseas has also come a wave of tolerance and a lot more underatnding of other lifestyles and cultures which has been reflected in changed attitudes and new legislation protecting gender identity and expression. Bottom line mickey---strap yourself in and step out--chances are the law has got your back. I now we do. HappyinHeels :pirate:

OK, an adult loitering outside a school might attract attention but it could be a parent waiting to collect their child or an estranged parent hoping to catch a glimpse of their kid. Most people I see loitering outside our local school are smokers. In fact I speak to some and one guy in particular is the school bursar! There was a case though of a late middle aged guy who used to dress as a school girl in a very short skirt and no underwear who used to hang around outside a school. He was quickly arrested and charged for indecency rather for dressing as a female. After several warnings he ended up in jail.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.