Hypermarket = Where You Can Wear Anything

Gudulitooo

Yesterday it happened an unbelivable situation on the car park in front of the supermarket. As every week I go to the weekly shopping after work. I park the car far from the entrance for walking purposes. I swap into my Nine West black loafers (see picture) in the car. I look around before to go out, and guess what ? A beautiful girl parks her car right in front of me, get out of it wearing amazing high heeled beige and brown 4 inch stiletto pumps. What a sight, by the way :-). Now it didn't last : as soon as she got out, she swept into a pair of the most common flip flops, and then left to her shopping chores. !!!

Edited by Gudulitooo

I would have thought it would have been better to drive in the flip flops (wash my mouth out with soap for saying flip flops) and put the nice heels on after getting out of the car. I hate flip flops (spit spit) would never ever think about trying a pair on, never have never will.

life is not a rehearsal

Anymore, it's the most common footwear I see when people are out shopping. I rarely see anyone in anything other than flip flops or some kind of sneaker variant. Anything with a heel is a rare sight.

Edited by Heelster

I'm wearing flipflops right now because an enormous horse stood on my foot the other day and broke a toe!

Wow, hope the horse is okay. lol

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

They are appropriate only for the pool, shower or beach. Flip Flops anywhere else is inappropriate. It's like wearing a t-shirt and shorts to the Prom.

I wore the top half of a tux with a Shirt, Vest, Bow-tie, Ocean Pacific Shorts and Chuck Taylor Converse to my prom. :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 1 month later...

I hate flip-flops with a passion. So many people these days go out in public looking like they just rolled out of bed. Agreed - flip flops are only for the beach, pool, shower, etc. - they are not proper footwear. On top of that, I simply hate seeing people's ugly feet & toes. Men should never wear flip flops as shoes. Some women shouldn't either...

On that flip flop business that sort of depends. With respect to the total on way people I will say that certain body types and certain foot types are much less suited to the style. Only back in the late seventies I made a pair with real leather insole and straps and totally ran them into the ground. They were both comfortable and a good fit. Now the rubber cheepies I will not use as they do not fit and they tend to get my heel to go off the inner edge. However as there was a good supply of the rubber flip flops at a certain dumpster I did find a use for them that being I removed the straps and stuffed a pair into some men's work boots and then the boots fit me and were comfortable.

I used to wear heels shopping but as I live on the 3 storey of a flat of same, I can't carry the shopping up with heels on cos it's too tiring. I also have asthma so I don't like to make several trips up the stairs with the shopping. Anyway, I can't wear heels to the sops in the summer holidays cos there are too many kids to dodge and it's hard enough to stop a shopping trolley with flats on. With heels I might end up either: 1 breaking my ankles stopping 2 hitting the kid 3 tripping and falling under the trolley on my tailbone But I do see lots of women in 4/5 inches shopping in supermarkets here.

Flip flops, like everything else, are just another example of people wanting to do things easier. Guys were t-shirts instead of ties, etc. But it doesn't seem like the modern style can get any more comfortable... maybe it will start to reverse itself? I know a lot of people who like dressing up, but obviously it's not the norm so nobody does it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, hope the horse is okay. lol

Yikes, Dr. Shoe! Lol, shafted... :)

When I read the title of this thread, I thought there was a place or type of supermarket called a "Hypermarket" where we heelers were going on a regular basis. I was looking forward to it!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.