Heels and nylons

love heels

After finding the right variety I been wearing pantyhose nearly constantly for about the past four years. We may have heard about the corporate office challenge where the office girls were complaining about the dress-code that required pantyhose. This may have happened in more than one place and time but this particular time the girls persuaded the guys to all wear pantyhose on that day of the event. It was the plan that the guys would agree with them and give support to the idea that the girls should not be required. Only as the story goes half the guys decided that they would continue to wear the PH. Now one of my personal experience back in 1999 while shooting video for a local promotional channel I heard one of the girls complaining about the pantyhose requirement during the hot summer season so when the manager left I did ask her so why is this and her reply was didn't you ever wear pantyhose on a hot day. Well something strange here I been wearing compression hose to control swelling and I have had very bad experience with sheer compression hose. Somehow after seeing a girl with sheer compression hose I did ask how do you like them she replied I don't like them I wear them because I need them. Anyway I went for the 30-40 sheer compression and those totally outlasted the drugstore sheer compression. The 30-40 sheer even serve me much longer than the rated life of the product. Now to get back to the hot weather thing those 30-40 sheer actually feel cool in the hot weather and the down side is really cold in the cold. Maybe if the girl at the restaurant were to try 30-40 sheer then they may have been cooler. Now I am too lazy in the morning to put on compression hose so if I just skip putting them on after the shower then I go most or all of the day without. Then if the swelling is still there I put them on before bedtime. Now the other side is that much of the time I just put on a clean compression PH after the shower weather I need them of not. That is right I wear compression PH for fun also. Some time I hope to give the PH a rest long enough to show off my tats and toe rings. Also when I went for a picknic in the hills I switched to knee-high compression to go with my ladies hiking boots and cargo skirt and back to the 30-40 sheer the next day. While I am thinking about the corporate office there was another guy that was being briefed for a company event and at the end he did ask the boss how about if I wear a skirt. The executive being a sensible mature person sort like Sally Jessie R just froze for a few seconds than replied if you plan to wear a skirt I suggest that you check the dress-code for the appropriate foot and leg-wear to go with it. This of course meant PH and office sale shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wearing high heels and snug bikini panties, under pantyhose, for several years now and the only problem I've had with that is pantyhose can become quite uncomfortable during hot weather. Men, for obvious reasons cannot wear pantyhose alone and it's best to have the support of snug panties on first. Until the time comes when it's fully accepted for men to wear pantyhose, it still is best to wear pants over them, unless, of course, one is already comfortable wearing it with shorts or skirts. A big advantage of wearing pantyhose though , other than the wonderful way it feels on our legs and butts, is that it makes ours legs look good. But let's face it guys, fishnet pantyhose and hairy legs are not all that's it's "cracked" up to be.

Men, for obvious reasons cannot wear pantyhose alone and it's best to have the support of snug panties on first. Until the time comes when it's fully accepted for men to wear pantyhose, it still is best to wear pants over them, unless, of course, one is already comfortable wearing it with shorts or skirts.

Legwear (tights, pantyhose, stockings, trouser socks, and foot covers) made for and marketed to men is becoming more and more popular and I'd say that as a fashion it is way ahead of men wearing high heels. Men's styles of legwear don't require additional underwear because they are designed with room for "male equipment" and they're supportive and comfortable. And it's fully accepted for men to wear them. Now. Today. In public. Even with shorts (not in sub-freezing weather, but in cool weather and of course in warm weather as well). Legwear under trousers goes all but unnoticed, unlike high heels that are more obvious if the pants aren't long enough or if the wearer is seated.

There is a group very much like this forum called Legwear as Unisex Fashion. Men who want to wear legwear have the same insecurities, challenges, goals, and achievements as guys in high heels. Check it out, on Delphi Forums at http://forums.delphiforums.com/legwearuf

Another source of information on men's legwear is www.activskin.com.

Steve

About that hot weather thing I have no problem with that particular brand that I wear the Ultimate Sheer Support 30/40 somehow they are cool in the warm weather and as much as painfully cold in the cold. But I can always put on long pants in the cold weather and sometimes an ankle length skirt over that.

Men, for obvious reasons cannot wear pantyhose alone...

It's not that you cannot, it's just that you feel strongly inclined not to. I usually wear trousers with my heels but occasionally if a pair of shoes/boots looks really good with a skirt and pantyhose then I'll go with that. Sure I feel more self-conscious, but then so do many women too and sometimes they get glaring disapproval for dressing overtly feminine, not just a few harmless giggles like we get. That shouldn't override the positive feelings of fun and confidence that it can bring too.

If you like it, wear it.

Men, for obvious reasons cannot wear pantyhose alone and it's best to have the support of snug panties on first. Until the time comes when it's fully accepted for men to wear pantyhose, it still is best to wear pants over them, unless, of course, one is already comfortable wearing it with shorts or skirts.

I wear pantyhose, and tights, but for a different reason than many here, I wear them for warmth in the winter instead of thermals. I work indoors mostly and like the little extra in warmth I get from pantyhose without the bulk, and the extra bulk of the thermals and sock at the ankle. As for not being able to wear them alone, I often wear just the pantyhose with my jeans, it is not much different then wearing loose boxers. You just have to deal with the "dangle".

There is a few companies that make pantyhose for men with the extra opening so we can do our restroom break with out getting half undressed. They also have a bit more room in front in the appropriate place.

Another use for pantyhose: if you like to ride motorcycles in the winter a pair of hose will keep your legs warm. I've ridden in temps in the 30's with nice toasty legs!

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

I agree the look and feel of nylons is so wonderful on my legs and of course they go perfect with heels. I often wear nylons under my jeans when its colder as they help keep my legs warm and they just make my legs feel really nice. I've also worn them in warmer weather under shorts without too much attention, but I am not as comfortable doing this all that often, both mentally (the social aspect) and physically (just too much coverage for a hot day). Sadly, there are so many women that now refuse to wear pantyhose daily and they compain about them being so uncomfortable, which I don't understand. Anyway, many hosiery retailers are now specifically marketing to men to make up for a large decline in sales to women. I guess thats fine by me.

Sadly, there are so many women that now refuse to wear pantyhose daily and they compain about them being so uncomfortable, which I don't understand. Anyway, many hosiery retailers are now specifically marketing to men to make up for a large decline in sales to women...

Most of the women who complain wear cheap hosiery that doesn't fit them right; they probably opted for a size that was too small. If a woman would take the time to try higher quality hosiery from an upscale retailer, and with patience and an open mind, she would almost certainly find something that was comfortable, stylish, showed off her legs nicely, and it would be something she would enjoy wearing. I know of women who tell me they no longer wear sheer hosiery because they don't want to bother to shave their legs. That's just lazy.

I question your second sentence. Please tell me what retailers are marketing to men? The only one in the US that I'm aware of was one hosiery company, Berkshire, who has tried selling a brand they called Lexwear since the early 2000s, and it was only on the internet, but they had a very limited offering and never expanded it after finding out that the market was too small. Oddly, their web site is still up at lexwear.com but you can't order anything. And in Europe there are a few suppliers, notably Wolford, Gerbe, and Levee, who have dabbled in the men's market and withdrew for lack of sales. There is one distributor in the UK that markets exclusively to men:

www.Legwear4men.com

The company stocks several European and one Chinese brand that are marketed to men. there are also distributors in Europe (Sweden, Greece, Romania and Moscow) who sell some men's hosiery brands.

Steve

I question your second sentence. Please tell me what retailers are marketing to men? The only one in the US that I'm aware of was one hosiery company, Berkshire...

Well, I don't have personal experience with these online retailers, but a few I have heard about are Comfilon.com, Luxelegwear.com, activskin / glieberman.com, and as you mentioned legwear4men.com, and there are sites like e-mancipate.net that give a bunch of resources to find good tights/hose for men (http://www.e-mancipate.net/where-to-buy-pantyhose-for-men-mantyhose). Additionally, there are many korean and chinese brands that sell on ebay as well that are aimed at men.

To your question, I am not really sure that larger mainstream US brands have openly started to market their brands to men, especially in stores, so perhaps I was a bit optimistic / ambitious in my statement there.

However, I honestly don't give a darn about what marketing tells me is ok for men to wear (obviously). I have bought many many different brands of tights and hose designed 'for women', and guess what, they work just fine for me. :wavey:

Why is wearing high heels and nylons so addicting?

It just is. The look, the feel, it's highly sensual and stimulating. Nothing more complicated than that.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

For me, it's all about the fastenings, ribbon ties, etc. I love to wear stockings and I think I actually enjoy the gartered part more than the actual nylon. I have toyed with the idea of an ultra-feminine look coupled with suspenders, ribbon-tied panties underneath, and either ribbon heels or heels with a functional buckle. Suspenders are hard to come by around here, much more so in something dressy enough to go with my clothes. Anyways, does anyone else like putting together lots of details and that's why you enjoy nylons?

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Nylons with pumps for me. Although since dropping a 1-1/2 shoe sizes most of my pumps now are too large for me and keep slipping off my feet (a real pain in the butt). I can manage them though if I wear them barefoot although I'm not a big fan of this. At a US womens 9.5 I have so much to choose from now. Gawd I got such little feet for a guy in this day an age even though I'm average height. I'm wondering if my physical foot size has anything to do with the image I present.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Off topic question:

Although since dropping a 1-1/2 shoe sizes ...

Shafted I knew you lost weight but shoe size too? How did you do that?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Off topic question:

Shafted I knew you lost weight but shoe size too? How did you do that?

I wasn't trying to but I think what's going on is my feet are adapting to carrying around much less weight now. I'm thinking there may be a relation to foot size and BMI. And if there is, there is hope for guys, or gals for that matter with larger feet. I may research this at a later time. The shoe size drop was like a bonus for a job well done.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.