Negative reactions

CRabbit

Following on from my earlier venture this week, I went out and did a little shopping wearing a nice cream cardie over a red v-neck shirt, boot cut jeans and a pair of 4 inch ankle boots with a thick-ish (not block) heel. Minutes after getting out of my car i walked past a cash machine with two lads withdrawing cash. One of which wolf whistled (which made me laugh). Hardly anything but it was the first vocal reaction to my heels so I was happy in a way. After doing my shopping I stopped in dune and bought a new pair of stiletto boots (i must stop buying so much! Lol), I switched to the new boots and walked right across town back to my car. Along the way two guys in their 30s driving a subaru slowed down to match my pace and shouted "are you for f***ing real?", then sped off laughing. It didn't knock my confidence at all, in fact I intend to take my new boots out again tomorrow, but how do you guys deal with folks like that? I'm not sure how I'd have dealt with it had the two guys been on foot and in my face. I'm more the flight type, rather than fight. Chris.

While one is bound to have a few negative experiences, the positive ones seem to be much more common. In dealing with the negative ones there are many different approaches. There are the ones that are best ignored. You will know when those occur. They just leave you with a real bad vibe. Others are handled better by actually confronting the person and engage them in conversation. Believe it or not this has worked well for me. It does however take a great deal of self confidence. Another interesting thing one can do is to take the negative reaction with a "Thank you for your honest opinion." It sometimes pays just to have fun with them. In any case I'm sure there are many other ways to deal with them that I haven't even thought of.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I agree with much that Shafted says. I guess I would have to say that it depends on the situation, the idvidual(s) you're having to deal with, and just using common sense as far as defusing a situation or having fun with your response. I have received more positive comments or reactions that negative ones. I, myself, have mainly either ignored the negative comments or reactions, or if the individual was "egging-me-on" for a response, I was seriously honest and straight forward with them. I hope this helps.

They're so brave from a speeding car. I once had a bloke scream "tranny" at me from a car. The funny thing is he'd been held at the lights and had watched me cross the road but he didn't do anything until the lights changed green. I just flipped him the bird.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

They're so brave from a speeding car.

I once had a bloke scream "tranny" at me from a car. The funny thing is he'd been held at the lights and had watched me cross the road but he didn't do anything until the lights changed green. I just flipped him the bird.

Funny you should mention this as something similar happened to me a few years ago. I my case however the car had to stop for a red light at the intersection I was at. All of a sudden their name calling turned to fear as now I stared them down from just a dozen feet away. Teenagers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

well shafted, what do you expect from kids whose brains havent yet "ripened":roll:

Actually I have had some great compliments from teenagers over the years.

See I am beginning to think no one says anything here because, well... its Texas. Now don't get me wrong if you haven't been here you only have assumption to go on. Most people in Texas are really of the mindset of "Whatever just don't get in my way". It's a lot more live and let live than you might think. Outside of the city probably not as much. However we do have Concealed Handgun Laws here so you can almost assume most people are carrying. I do, so I encourage a group of young idiotic teenagers to come and harass me. It will do nothing more than allow me to indulge in my other favorite hobby, euthanizing the stupid.

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

it is pretty pathetic that it takes them to be in a car and able to speed off for them to have the balls to shout something. I can almost certainly guarantee you that if they were on foot or if they weren't together, then nothing would have been said! Obviously if something like that happens it's always abit disheartening and puts you off abit, but who cares what these imbosiles think or say, do what makes you happy! I once was walking through a shopping center in my heels when a tall stereotypically dressed tradesman was stood staring at me, he literally couldn't take his eyes off of me and what i was wearing, but when i stared right back at him blatently, he was the one who cowared away and stopped looking, because i was doing absolutely nothing wrong or illegal, he was the one being rude by staring :)

I've always stuck with my practice of ignoring knuckledraggers who have nothing better to do with their time than hurl insults. Not worth my time engaging with such morons which does nothing more than bring me down to their level.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You know, there are always idiots around. Just this week I had some teenagers scream obscenities at me because they didn't like the car I drive (A Prius). Actually, when I think of it rationally, I have been insulted more on the street for random crab than for my heels. I just think that when people make some negative comment about our heels we tend to feel it more, as it is a sensitive issue

You know, there are always idiots around. Just this week I had some teenagers scream obscenities at me because they didn't like the car I drive (A Prius). Actually, when I think of it rationally, I have been insulted more on the street for random crab than for my heels. I just think that when people make some negative comment about our heels we tend to feel it more, as it is a sensitive issue

Oh ya? I had what looked like a 90 year old woman in her car laughing at me in my Smart car with what looked like could have been her last dying breath as she was also on oxygen. lol

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I'm betting she was driving an enormous pontiac or something? I hope you left her standing at the lights, I know what those smart cars can do.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's funny you say that, because just this week I was standing outside my university, nothing remotly "wierd" about me at all. Im all male clothes, normal hair, normal everything! Anyway I was just talking to my friend I happened to bump into, and a guy from a truck started SCREAMING at me from his window as he drove by. I have NO idea what he was saying as I had one headphone in, and the other ear focusing on my friend. Nevertheless I was totally confused by the whole situation, however this is not the first time and won't be the last.

Though I have yet to wear my heels in public, I do wear make up, be it light or heavy and I can be very flamboyant, it depends on my mood. Im constantly getting looking or stares or whatever the case is, I guess I simply learned to ignore it.

Besides, I usually put in some Beyonce song with a beat and pretend im at NYFW hahaha.

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

I'm betting she was driving an enormous pontiac or something? I hope you left her standing at the lights, I know what those smart cars can do.

How did you know? lol

Yup... the majority of Americans are still desperately clinging onto a dying car culture. lol

Charlie

I've got to admit, after about 4 years of this, I still do what I can to blend the heels in with my over all appearance to avoid undue attention. About 80% of the time, I wear my heels under long boot cut type jeans, but there are those occasions when I feel bolder and I put them out there on full display, even a few times this past summer actually wearing shorts, heeled gladiator sandals (similar to these but wedges), and having painted toe nails... which was extreme for me.

It still is hard for me when I get any reaction, even the good reactions. I think its the inherent shyness in me that still overwhelms me on occasion. When I a reaction, I often wish I could handle it better, and say something witty or such, but it rarely comes out. So I often just resort to smiling and then ignoring them and doing the best I can to carry on with what I was doing. They will almost always go away just as quickly as they came.

I've always stuck with my practice of ignoring knuckledraggers ...

THAT is a term I havent heard in a long time. Dammit Jeff! Your making me feel old! :)

For the most part, there are those ' knuckledraggers ' that are very brave when they say derogatory or inflammatory things to others as they are ' protected ' by some means.

I once saw a babe with a really nice pair of those metal heeled 80's type stilettos.. They looked brand new! I wasnt in heels at the time and decided to ask her where she bought them.

Her ' boyfriend ' at that time didnt like me approaching her and asking where she shopped. ' Are you some kind of faggit or something? '.

" No, I just grew up in the 80's and miss seeing hot babes in hot kicks like that. You should be proud you have a babe with such an appreciation, its very rare in modern times. ".

The Bonehead didnt know what to say. I dont think he was bright enough to fully comprehend the compliment being paid. He just stood there while she told me where she bought them.

I told her ' thanks ' and to both of them ' have a great evening! '. She smiled, he was just.. a brick.

EDIT: Smartcar.. OMG! Everytime a see a ' smart car ' all I can think of is a pair of baby-shoes ( Think about it folks.. It looks liek a pair of baby shoes.. ). Funny seeing that on a shoe-site!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Had only one so far... "snicker-snicker.. he's soo gay"... Group of late teens.. 2 boys and 2 girls.. Slobs... All were wearing t-shirts, cargo shorts & flip flops.. I considered the source, and went about my business... Had another reaction.. I wouldn't call it negative, just a strange look from a salesman in a shoe store... Maybe it was due to the fact that I was wearing heels while shopping in the mens section...dunno..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Had a positive reaction that kind of erupted into a negative reaction as soon as I caught on to what was Reeeally going on... Went into a store in the Mall and saw some cute booties I wanted to try on. As I was trying on (well, as the girl was putting the shoes on for me, how helpful!), I believe some passerby's gave me weird looks behind my back. Now, first, I didn't actually see them; I just assumed from what the girl was saying they were doing. And second, I'm guessing it was either the sight of a guy in heels or a female salesperson putting the shoes on for me that got them to *supposedly* staring in. As soon as I hear it from her, she starts to yell outbursts at them! "What are y'all looking at?!" she yelled at them as they retreated elsewhere. I was surprised, to say the least. But minutes later, it turned out she was bi-curious, as was her friend, who seemed a little more shyer about it than her, the 'yeller'. By far, the best day of my life~ Sadly, she parted from the job after a month absence on MY part...*sigh* Pretty much 'the one that got away'... Unfortunate. On to a better future!~

Formally "HHDude"

THAT is a term I havent heard in a long time. Dammit Jeff! Your making me feel old! :)

Glad to have been of service! :)

I once saw a babe with a really nice pair of those metal heeled 80's type stilettos.. They looked brand new! I wasnt in heels at the time and decided to ask her where she bought them.

Her ' boyfriend ' at that time didnt like me approaching her and asking where she shopped. ' Are you some kind of faggit or something? '.

" No, I just grew up in the 80's and miss seeing hot babes in hot kicks like that. You should be proud you have a babe with such an appreciation, its very rare in modern times. ".

The Bonehead didnt know what to say. I dont think he was bright enough to fully comprehend the compliment being paid. He just stood there while she told me where she bought them.

I told her ' thanks ' and to both of them ' have a great evening! '. She smiled, he was just.. a brick.

Well played, sir! You handled that bonehead perfectly, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I guess for me I have never had anyone say anything negative that I have heard. I have seen people do the point and look thing a few times. I guess my mode of thinking is just this. People are always going to find something about you that they do not like. What I am getting at is this. I don't like seeing some guys boxers or some women's panty's (for the most part:silly:) in a normal setting. I have found most people are only brave in two situations 1. when they are drunk or 2 when they are with there buddies! Most people do not have the sack to confront you one on one:penitent:. If they do confront you one on one it's because they are curious. I am of the oppinion that if someone does ask me about wearing heels I tell them the truth and I do so with confidence. If you present your self in a manor other than such that makes it even worse. I would just suggest just ignoring them and go about your biz because in the end you will not see them again.

EDIT: Smartcar.. OMG! Everytime a see a ' smart car ' all I can think of is a pair of baby-shoes ( Think about it folks.. It looks liek a pair of baby shoes.. ). Funny seeing that on a shoe-site!

Okay..... I suppose I had this coming after my little 'chord' comment on your halloween thread..... lol

Charlie

Here is my story for today. I just went to this burrito restaurant called Moe's now for a while I had been trying to go to this restaurant in any kind of heels but I always chickened out. Just recently I just got my black distressed Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots and (the picture I will post shortly). So I wore this brownish orange shirt with some dark blue jeans with the boots and i'm sitting in the car thinking maybe I should not do this. So I get ready to turn the key but then I got to thinking about the article someone had posted about breaking out of your shyness. So I just thought to myself screw it none of these people know my situation and don't know a thing about me so I walked a good distance from my car to the restaurant. Before me was this family with two kids and I was standing there behind them and one of the kids looked down at my feet and I could see all this with my sunglasses on (baby steps) so the child turned away and whispered to his sister about what I had on. Then they went on and said something to their father he looked down at me and tended to his business. There was a lot of people around but I didn't look in their direction and I was still a little nervous but I had went and ordered my food. As the family had passed the father had said excuse me. Now it wasn't necessarily a positive or negative reaction but the fact of the matter was he still had the decency to use manners and not pass me by like Eww get away from me. But the moment was invigorating the photo I will post shortly so you can see what I had on and you all can be the judge!!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Here is my story for today. I just went to this burrito restaurant called Moe's now for a while I had been trying to go to this restaurant in any kind of heels but I always chickened out. Just recently I just got my black distressed Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots and (the picture I will post shortly). So I wore this brownish orange shirt with some dark blue jeans with the boots and i'm sitting in the car thinking maybe I should not do this. So I get ready to turn the key but then I got to thinking about the article someone had posted about breaking out of your shyness. So I just thought to myself screw it none of these people know my situation and don't know a thing about me so I walked a good distance from my car to the restaurant. Before me was this family with two kids and I was standing there behind them and one of the kids looked down at my feet and I could see all this with my sunglasses on (baby steps) so the child turned away and whispered to his sister about what I had on. Then they went on and said something to their father he looked down at me and tended to his business. There was a lot of people around but I didn't look in their direction and I was still a little nervous but I had went and ordered my food. As the family had passed the father had said excuse me. Now it wasn't necessarily a positive or negative reaction but the fact of the matter was he still had the decency to use manners and not pass me by like Eww get away from me. But the moment was invigorating the photo I will post shortly so you can see what I had on and you all can be the judge!!!

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=136&pictureid=7005

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!