Justin Beiber on womans jeans..

ilikekicks

What is so massively shocking about that article - is the number of people posting 'gay' comments - and MEANING it.

It is ignorance at its' highest level.....and the frightening thing, is that it is silently infecting society more and more. Far from becoming more enlightened as we get older - it seems that the human race is actually filling itself up with hatred and bigotry.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

As said before, I agree with him on this one - womens jeans can be better than mens in many ways (providing the right style is purchased to match ones physique) - but I also detest the lad so now I'm just confused.

I rolled through the comments and the responses to the comments and I couldn't help myself laughing at this one:

J Wick "Why does he wear women's pants........because he's GAY."

3rd response "Yeah, let's stop calling him gay, the gay community don't want him either. :P"

:)

Chris

What is so massively shocking about that article - is the number of people posting 'gay' comments - and MEANING it.

It is ignorance at its' highest level.....and the frightening thing, is that it is silently infecting society more and more. Far from becoming more enlightened as we get older - it seems that the human race is actually filling itself up with hatred and bigotry.

I normally just sit around and read the occasional thread here, but I have a hypothesis for this general societal behavior.

1. The internet/social media has made bigotry both easier to view, thereby skewing both the size and vitriol of certain groups, but it has also enabled people to remain in their own bubble of a group leading to self reinforcing behavior and eventually a radicalization of that group itself. I've seen this happen here with some comments, admittedly by men, that amount to the true scotsman fallacy, that is that ONLY 5-6-ballet-pony-whatever shoes count as high heels. That may be the view of that person, but we need to all be aware that while knowing lots of like minded individuals is a good thing, we need to make sure we don't radicalize our beliefs thinking that this group is the normative view. *

2. Humans seem to love to put damn near everything into a group or category, and to denounce anything not in their own preferred group or category as being wrong. The "us vs them" attitude. The only way out of this view only seems to be the realization that one of your good friends or family happens to be in your most hated group or category.

I think the general fix is for everyone to chill out and to actively seek out opposing viewpoints to their own. If only to keep you centered on your own views, but it would also help to empathize and hopefully realize that those people with other views are just as human as yourself. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but something I've noticed with these "gay" comments in general reminds me of college.

I noticed that seemingly ALL of the guys that were still closet homosexuals in college, seemed to want to demonize anything that reminded them of their own inability to tackle their own demons with their orientation. (I'll apologize to my English teacher for that sentence in an email later) My first roommate was gay, and completely awesome as a person, and we distilled it down to: The people that are the most publicly against something are trying their hardest not to face that thing in their own life. They hate themselves for not having the guts to admit to themselves who they are, so they lash out at those that do, hoping to stop their behavior so they no longer have to face it in themselves. They hope that by ignoring the problem it will eventually go away.

I'd cite a list of politicians that seem to be publicly against oh say cheating that ended up having multiple women on the side. Given how common it is I don't think I need to name any names.

I don't think there is a fix sadly, outside of for the rest of us to call them out and roll our eyes.

* Don't get me wrong, I think guys wearing heels shouldn't be stigmatized or anything, just that we need to be aware of overall societal views. I typed this up super mad fast so sorry for the wall of mostly unfiltered consciousness. I'll go back to forum ninja mode. :)

The simple way to face down such ignorance is to slap it head on in the face. These "trailer trash mentality" buffoons only thrive where there is an audience of sheep willing to put up with that crap. Speak up and be counted and these clowns will crawl back into their hovels. How many of these same people who freely launch their insults upon others from the safe anonymity of their computer would do the same thing one-on-one with any one of us?? Maybe one in a thousand because people are basically sheep and really don;t have the fortitude to insult someone without an audience.

The real ' ignorant ' gem of it all.. hes KNOWN to being with that young girl Selena Gomez.

If Beiber is with Gomez.. how is that ' gay '? Honestly.. Hmm.. Boy/Girl.. Man/Woman.. Gay they say?

ROFLMAO!

The joke is on the ' haters ' :)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

The simple way to face down such ignorance is to slap it head on in the face. These "trailer trash mentality" buffoons only thrive where there is an audience of sheep willing to put up with that crap. Speak up and be counted and these clowns will crawl back into their hovels. How many of these same people who freely launch their insults upon others from the safe anonymity of their computer would do the same thing one-on-one with any one of us?? Maybe one in a thousand because people are basically sheep and really don;t have the fortitude to insult someone without an audience.

I think you have it right on the money there.

Something I have noticed on a couple forums I visit that are on a ' global ' setting. Attitudes are different all over. Every area has these ' groups '. Its like how you can find a bunch of what would be called the derogative use of the term ' Redneck ' here in the States.. you can find the same example in Australia.. New Zeland.. Elsewhere. You could also find the ' Flaming Queen ' Homosexuals, the complete opposite of those ' rednecks ' in the same area.. in their groups..

Something I dont understand.. why the catalogue system for everyone?

I'm the first to say I'm not a Bieber fan... I readily admit that. With that being said, I must say that the kid is smart in the department of JUST BEING JUSTIN BEIBER! Be yourself, be comfortable... simple yet effective message. Now, as far as all the comments on the bottom of that page, I was appalled at how stupid, careless, and rude the general population was. Half of the comments were ridiculously misspelled (I'm not perfect, but come on!), and he's gay for wearing clothes that fit? I'm no homosexual expert, but I thought you had to have a sexual preference of intercourse/sexual actions with the same sex in order to be gay? Gay for wearing "women's" jeans? Now, again, I'm not all into cross-dressing either, but am I gay for wearing patterned socks from the women's section? I guess so now! People are so stupid... We've got to break the cycle of ignorance! Clothes for men, Clothes for women, Guy Shoes, Girl Shoes... The next time someone says to me "Are you wearing girl shoes?" I will reply "I didn't know they had a _u$$y"

The next time someone says to me "Are you wearing girl shoes?" I will reply "I didn't know they had a _u$$y"

One of mine and my husband's oldest friends from before we got married is a cross-dresser.....and whenever he is asked this question, he simply says "No, they're not girls' shoes......they're mine..!"

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

What's scary for me is that the comments made pretty much reflect the general attitude of the community where I live. Tolerance of anything outside of their norms is directly related to the punishment received in a court of law if they act on their feelings.

What's scary for me is that the comments made pretty much reflect the general attitude of the community where I live. Tolerance of anything outside of their norms is directly related to the punishment received in a court of law if they act on their feelings.

Unfortunately Heelster, those comments pretty much reflect the general attitude of the community as a whole, not just where you live. No matter where you go in "modern" society, guys in heels are deemed as "weird" and seeing a guy in heels will raise what I've started calling the trifecta - "What a weirdo / He wants to be a woman / He must be gay." Maybe in cosmopolitan cities like New York, LA, or San Francisco (SF in particular, I suppose, seems to be really tolerant) it's less so, but even there the socially brainwashed masses will look on a guy heeling as completely abnormal behaviour.

(Although I'll bet that a guy going out in heels in San Francisco will be on the receiving end a LOT less than a guy going out in heels in a small town in Kentucky, for example.)

(Although I'll bet that a guy going out in heels in San Francisco will be on the receiving end a LOT less than a guy going out in heels in a small town in Kentucky, for example.)

Actually.. They would probably not be seen as what they really are. ' Just a guy in heels ' is all that person might want to be ( as most on this site are ) but a bunch of people will wonder ' Wheres the dress to match the shoes? '

One of mine and my husband's oldest friends from before we got married is a cross-dresser.....and whenever he is asked this question, he simply says "No, they're not girls' shoes......they're mine..!"

I used the same line with a youngster, she was about 9 or 10. Young logic did struggle but she did eventually at least half believe but went of to tell her mum.

A relation asked if I picked up the wrong shoes in the dark?

Seriously I think the " their mine " line is the best and gets a positive reaction in many ways.

Al

Readig through the comments its the same old hateful negative comment from the internet community that we normally expect to see. Unfortunately these type of comments are always going to be here due to most people not really thinking about what they say or type.

If, say, Megan Fox publicly admitted she wore sloppy men's jeans because they feel awesome, would lowbrow, knuckledragging homophobes call her "butch" or "dyke"? I'd say no. And therein lies the problem with the great unwashed who, for reasons known only to them, insist on associating sexual preference to clothing but never chastise women for wearing men's clothing while ridiculing men for doing the opposite. Sadly, those neanderthals will never change their mindsets because they're perfectly content and comfortable in their raging ignorance. I'm no Beiber fan either, but I admire the kid for saying what he did. And yes, if he hadn't said anything, no one would know he wears women's jeans.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Returning to subject Since the girls have got passed the negativity of the trousersuit in the upper office during the early seventies it's been open doors on the male wardrobe yet all these neanderthal critics haven't or more likely don't want to see it, as for the female contingent of that population, it just proves how hypocritical they are trying to protect their own territories yet using all. I've heard criticism from veteran military levied at the youth of the sixties onward, to quote "Didn't fight a war for the likes of you" mainly at the "Hippy" community at that time, yet they forget that they fought for freedom, freedom for us all to diversify and be included across all walks of society. The changes in youth society (UK) though those years, the Mods and Rockers, Hippies, New Romantics and Punk to name a few with their clothing styles to identify themselves with the music they follow. It seems that us heelers are crossing two or even three generations proving that it is not a quick fad or fashion season. When we get that season I'm sure many more will be with us out on the streets after the season "finishes". Whether we like someone like master Beiber, WE certainly should acknowledge he is deciding what he likes/prefers and man enough to say so! Is that not much like us. Al