Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

JeffB

Congratulations on the great look. I didn't know you wore glasses and that threw me. Now I can say (with tong in cheek) that you have made quite a spectacle of yourself. :irked:

A while back Donnawana posted one of those of me, and luxxyheels found this one.

I have to admit it took a little while to get comfortable with the reality of our technologically advanced world where cell phones have a digital camera, and social networking is hungry for any posts; which further enables and exhorts some people's desire to brag that they have found someone that is "different" (which makes them feel that they are part of the "normal" group). But this is the world we find ourselves in. The good thing is that our society is more tolerant (or numbed by the deluge of information) than it used to be, so seeing a guy wearing thigh boots isn’t that big a deal (as all of us that wear them in public have experienced). On the other hand one of the reasons for wearing thigh boots in public is to be noticed so the public notoriety can be nice, but we have to accept that we can't control it, and that’s the tough part.

JimC – Thanks for the post.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jeff: I suspected, but that pic didnt shpw enough of your face to be sure. I do like the look :irked: Edit: just read the comments. Amazing how some people assume everything on the net is photoshopped.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Well, damn! That's ME! Holy Cow! Looks like the downtown Philly Apple Store which I occasionally frequent, though not always in thigh boots! Guess I had been captured on someone's cellphone camera, and I didn't even know it! Whoa!

P.S.

Swung by the website and found the page featuring yours truly:

http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=7493

Gee! It's nice to be famous! :smile:

Caught red handed as my mom would say haha.

Very good look Jeff,especially with the jacket.And the comments are good on that site.Just hope I dont show up on a site like that :irked:

Puffer: To be in the same exalted air as Obama, Colin and Eddie was a hoot! HA! But, yeah, a few of the comments displayed the usual ignorance regarding gender and clothing, and the title was wrong too, I mean, my boots are NOT uncomfy! :irked: Thighbootguy: Well, I wear glasses when I drive as I'm nearsighted, so I just leave 'em on while walking about. "Spectacle of myself", heh! I like that! Your comments about today's technologically advanced era does present a challenge or two for the dedicated freestyler, especially when you purposely go about dressing in a way that demands notice, like when wearing a skirt and/or thigh boots, if you feel you can't handle the notoriety, especially when seemingly every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane has a camera in their cellphone and the gumption to use it whenever something out of the so-called "norm" crosses their path, like me for instance, then you shouldn't be seen in such items. By the by, that outfit I wore was from back in early January, so who knows how long the person who took that picture sat on it before posting it to that website. Kinda makes me wonder if that picture is on other similar sites. JimC: I guess people are paranoid that way. StormClaw: Be careful, my friend! For all you know, you might be next! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

OMG! Did you guys check out the blond in the video at the above link. It's a real hoot!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB: Ok, turns out you were on Break also. You get around :irked:

http://www.break.com/pictures/just-comparing-prices-at-the-computer-store-2082896

Well now! Isn't this interesting! I'd grouse and complain about the original picture taker not having gotten my good side, but, upon further review, I'm probably better off remaining semi-mysterious to the masses! Heh! MAkes me wonder where I'll turn up at next!

OK folks, here's one for you- check out MY "mystery" (youtube video only) back in 2007- look under Laguna Niguel Christmas parade-2007 under (get THIS idiot title if you will):-?"creepy guy in leather" (yes, that's ME wearing leather pants & jacket on a cold winter watching the local Christmas parade like everyone else) wearing my nice leather outfit cause it WAS kind of chilly, being in Dec. talk about being filmed/photographed unbeknown to one self, you just never do know WHO is going to take videos/pics of you these days, its amazing!!, cheers all:smile:

Overall, those pics of me on THOSE particular websites illustrate how society still haven't progressed far enough if certain segments of the populace consider what I wear to be grist for humor. But hey! Whatever floats their boats!

Jeff: Society has progressed quite a bit if people are polite enough to wait untill later to laugh at someone they feel is dressed in an amusing way. I'm suspecting you'd rather they not stand there pointing and laughing at you while you were trying to shop? Every group has a segment of the population that will take photos and chuckle with their buddies, even if the person they are laughing at falls into their own social group. Happens quite a bit in the kink world I'm part of, even though we all know we should be tolerant and accepting we often still act like school kids when we think it's safe to. As said, I think it's great that we are having to worry less about someone reacting violently towards us for being different, now we just need to get out there enough that we don't seem different at all.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Guys, the Polish society is mentally still in 20th century or even earlier. There are couple of guys who try to change it by wearing high heels. But even though, the comments are somehow ironic, saying that wearing flat shoes is now "passe" and showing these who wear something else.

Below some examples from X-Factor talents and Poland's Next Top Model.

http://e1.pudelek.pl/p524/154e6210000e2daa4e204270

http://e2.pudelek.pl/p2882/ee2e2d5e002157724e10fd31

By the way,IMHO their shoes are just ugly. I'd prefer to walk there in Leatherworks;)

Oh boy, maybe I should have started a new thread to keep track of how many times JeffB's photo shows up online.

http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/2011/07/18/fashion-fail-walking-tall/

I do like the outfit, not sure why it's on poorlydressed :smile:

Poorly dressed? Moi? HMPH! I'm insulted! :irked:

Jeff, If you read the comments to that posted pic of you I found it interesting that there were no real negative comments. Some seem downright positive.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to go to WallMart to get a gas can. I wore a gray T-shirt, a denim miniskirt, black leggings, and black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos. When I walked in the greeter recognized me bad gave me a big smile and a wave (which is not a typical WallMart welcome). I asked her where to find gas cans and she directed me to the automotive section. On the way I stopped in the pharmacy where a couple of folks took a second glance at my boots, then headed on to the gas cans. I found one that would fit my need then headed for the food section which was on the other side of the store. A lady had her shopping cart right in front of the item I wanted and as I was reaching for it she apologized for leaving her cart there and moved it out of my way (and didn't say a word or even raise an eyebrow). I headed to the checkout then out to my car without incident. Thinking it was kind of silly to take an empty gas can home, I stopped at a busy gas station to fill it up. I pulled up to a pump and got out of the car at the same time an attendant (middle aged white) came out of the store. She looked me up and down, then, just to be sure, she did it again. She didn't say a word but I'll bet I'll be a topic of conversation. The denim miniskirt is the shortest thing I own. It is an Ambercrombie & Fitch size 6 designed to be a low waisted (hip hugger) style. I normally wear a 10-14 but this 6 fits my waist, but since it is designed to be worn lower, when I wore it waist high it was very short (hence the leggings). I found it at the Goodwill last week and asked the clerk (who knows me), "How do you wear something that short?" She said, "With a pair of leggings." There was no doubt about who would be wearing the skirt or leggings. It really is nice not to have to worry about that. :irked:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I stopped in the Goodwill at lunch tome and they had knit tops on sale for 99¢. I bought three tops and a black camisole. After work I stopped in Sam’s for a quick run through wearing a denim mini skirt, one of the new black short sleeved knit tops, and black leather thigh boots with 4” stilettos. The temperature was close to 95F (35C) and the humidity was close to that too so I was running the A/C in the car. The only time I was out in the heat, other than pumping a tank full of gas, was going to and from the car to the store. In the store I gathered my items with dispatch and really didn’t notice any undue attention. I did pick the longest checkout line because there was no sense in hurrying too much to get back out in the heat. I chatted with the lady in line behind me that for once, a long line wasn’t a bad thing. The only comment I got was from the exit checker (who knows me), and she commented that it was too hot to be wearing black. She was referring to my top… the boots and skirt didn’t merit comment because I wear them quite often in the store. When I got into the car it was quite warm and I cuffed my boots down to ankle high. When I got home I found that the hot water heater needed a new pilot sensor. I changed the mini skirt for tight shorts with a 1” inseam and headed for the hardware store. I have been in this store several times wearing my boots but it is still a surprise for the clerks. The didn’t bat an eye and got the part I needed.. When I got home I took the heater apart and replaced the sensor only to find that the original one had a left hand thread and the replacement had a right hang thread. Getting it installed was “interesting” but has nothing to do with wearing heels so I’ll leave it out. All in all a fine day… bargain tops, air conditioning, hot water, and heels, what more could I want? :irked:

Jeff, If you read the comments to that posted pic of you I found it interesting that there were no real negative comments. Some seem downright positive.

Oh, yes, I've seen the compliments! Well, that's pretty cool if I do say so myself!

Hey, TBG! Pretty cool outing, even if the weather wasn't cool! It'd be suicide to wear boots as temps here have been in the upper 90's, and triple digits is on the way for Friday. UGH! Nevertheless, I might have to consider on outing in a mini and thigh boots once the weather cools down, say around September or October!

I might have to consider on outing in a mini and thigh boots once the weather cools down, say around September or October!

Hey JeffB,

Don't wait too long to try the mini. Without leggings, it is a cool (temperature) garment to wear. The thigh boots look great with the mini and wearing them helps me get my head around wearing that short a skirt. :irked:

In this weather, design your jaunts around air conditioning.

TBG, Wow an A&F mini... now that's short. I also picked up a denim mini at the thrift store a bit ago - heck we have to see what works or not, right? It is a hip hugger (very low rise) fit version as well and only 12 inches long(?). As with you I feel leggings or "jeggings" would be a must. Though, for me, I enjoy the look of a women in a short skirt with bare legs and pumps. Whether I ever venture out in the mini is doubtful, though I have the Pleaser Domina thigh boots to complement the look makes just the prospect interesting. Intil I wore heels, the look of a low rise jean (or skirt) did not flatter my long torso, short legs (relative) proportions, but with a 5 inch or higher heel all the proportions have shifted. Now my trouser inseams are 36 or 37 inches, and long lower rise skirt look fine. Though in the long skirt I also like the high "Natural" waist look - really accentuates the long legged look! Keep up pressing the envelope!

Hey JeffB,

Don't wait too long to try the mini. Without leggings, it is a cool (temperature) garment to wear. The thigh boots look great with the mini and wearing them helps me get my head around wearing that short a skirt. :irked:

In this weather, design your jaunts around air conditioning.

Thanks for the suggestions! But I'm still gonna wait a while before breaking out the thigh boots! :smile:

I had a great time going to a concert Saturday but I'm ahead of myself. Saturday afternoon I stopped in the Guitar center wearing jeans, a black short sleeved knit top and black leather thigh boots with 4" stiletto heels. I had fun playing my way through the guitar display rooms and they had a new crop of Martin instruments that were amazing. A couple of kids gave my boots a second glance but that was the extent of the notice. I seem to fit in with the crowd in the music store.

Next I went to Sam's to pick up something for the pot luck dinner that is before the concert. As I was going through the produce section a tall black guy with two kids commented, "Hey, I like your boots." I thanked him and kept going (as he had his hands full with the kids).

At the concert's dinner, the performers were there and two of the gals were wearing western boots and I overheard the comment, "… and we wore boots tonight and his are taller than ours. Hey, nice boots." I gave them a big smile (which was returned), and a thanks. One of the regular at the concert asked me if I even had a fall because of the heels? I told him I hadn't and that they didn’t give me any trouble at all.

When we went into the living room (which seats 50 people) I noticed that the hardwood floor had been recently waxed because footing was immediately precarious. I carefully walked in and took my seat (front row center). A couple of the regulars sat beside me without any notice of my footwear.

The group Wild Carrot was great. There are three classically trained musicians with a banjo player that did a variety of folk, blues, country, opera, … . They did one blues piece that included a nice banjo part and the audience went nuts with applause and I commented to the guy next to me "and that was in F" which is a horrible key for a banjo. One of the performers overheard me and got a real look of surprise on her face and said, "It was in F". After the concert I chatted with the performers. I think they figured if I knew what key something was in, I was worth talking to even with my odd boots. :irked:

I had a great time

:smile:

Chalk up another one for thighbootguy! Not just a compliment but a compliment from another guy. Kudos.

Bravo on your latest outing, TBG! Reading your exploits always have been and remain highly entertaining!

Friday was a slow day at work and I left a couple hours early. I was wearing jeans and a blue long sleeved dress shirt and I had plans for the afternoon. It was in the low 90sF (33C) so wearing thigh boots required being in air conditioning. I drove to the nail salon and pulled on my black leather thigh boots with 4" stilettos while I was in the car. It was a nice walk from the parking lot to the salon. I signed in and took a seat. A few minutes later I heard a car alarm go off in the parking lot and It was my car so I walked back out, reset the alarm and walked back in again. (The alarm is a little flakey.) There were three ladies in the salon having their toe nails done and they noticed my boots but didn’t say a word. I sat in the waiting area with my legs crossed (left boot on right knee) and read a magazine (looked at the pictures) until they were ready for me. I had my 4 four nails done that I use to play guitar. The salon is used to seeing me in boots and only doing those four nails. Neither of which causes comment. I then headed back out to the car and on to Sam's where I walked in from the parking lot, picked up a few stock items, and walked back out to the car. This was a non event. The last stop was the Guitar Center. I walked in and was greeted, by name, by the sales folks and I told them I wanted my Martin. It has been in lay-away for several months while I came in and made payments. We (two sales clerks and I) had a small celebration while they got my instrument and rang up the sale. Aside from making a sale, they seemed as glad that I had a good guitar as I was. This was the first time I've been in the store that I didn't go back to the better instrument room and play my way through. I headed directly home and played for six hours, the instrument is that playable. The only reason I quit is that I was falling asleep, and unlike any other instrument I have ever played, my fingers didn't hurt after playing that much. Whee Hah… kid with a new toy. :irked:

Congrats on the new instrument. I hope you enjoy it as much as you expect to! You should get ALL your nails done, not just the four. And while you're at it, get a pedicure. Yeah, it can be pricey, but treat yourself for a special occasion (like getting a new guitar for instance). It's an incredible pampering experience. I did it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and have no regrets. My finger and toe nails have never looked better. My wife has never had a professional pedicure and I even talked her into signing up for one next month! Good luck with the new toy! Steve