Natural nail length for Men..???

Jarl Ayari

Hi, I have finaly stopped biting my nails after 39 years of doing so. 8 out of 10 of them are finally at a length I am proud of but what length is too long to get away with for men? I do paint them occasionally... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Hi,

I have finaly stopped biting my nails after 39 years of doing so. 8 out of 10 of them are finally at a length I am proud of but what length is too long to get away with for men?

I do paint them occasionally...

Andi

Speaking purely in your context of "For men", anything past the end of your finger really, but painting them is already past the point of "getting away with it for men" and would be blatently obvious from quite a distance.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Funny that this thread appears. I have some of the strongest long fingernails around. The girls would die for these nails. They don't break, (well maybe once in awhile) and they take a lot of abuse from my work. Most of the guys know they are longer than most, but they think it's weird, but they just ignore it. I type with my fingernails - never considered nail polish.

There is no reason that you need to limit the length. Women don't worry about the length, why should you impose a restriction on yourself? Also painting your fingernails is really fun. I got a manicure and pedicure last week and got my finger and toenails polished in a bright red. It is really nice to have matching red fingers and toes, and I got a lot of compliments from women, but it is important to remember that when you are wearing bright red polish on your fingernails, you will not be able to hide them like you can hide you toes under closed toe heels. Your feminine red fingernails will be on display for everyone to see and everyone will know that you have a very strong feminine side and that you are not afraid to let her express herself. :-) At my next mani-pedi I will get Hot Pink on my toes and fingers.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Speaking purely in your context of "For men", anything past the end of your finger really, but painting them is already past the point of "getting away with it for men" and would be blatently obvious from quite a distance.

I agree with Tech here. Once you paint them anything other than clear, you're already making a statement, so it just depends on how far out your comfort level is.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Won't have to worry about that ever - - With all the different work things I do, there is no way I'll ever get a manicure. They would look at my hands and refuse to waste the time. Getting the grease and grime out of my hands takes long enough, and then the calluses - - I have a heck of a time dealing with stockings. I'll snag them right out of the package before even getting them near me. Fishnets help. I'm even considering gloves.

Well, of course, nails break, so mine are never all the same length:mecry:At the moment, my little finger nails are both 9mm free from the nail bed and my thumbs are about 7mm free, others are variable between 9mm and about 3mm ( the most recent to break!). I always wear clear nail varnish and for the office I just take the high gloss off by rubbing over with a fibreglass brush on Monday mornings. Friday nights I clean it all off and redo them for the weekend.:wave: A tip for when they get long enough to paint properly...use one of the Sally Hansen nail hardening products and paint the INSIDE of the nail with several coats. Its doesn't notice and makes them much more rigid and resistant to splitting.

Heelster. Go to Walter Drake.com. They have cotton stretch gloves for only (Pennies). I put mine on any time I go near my hose. The gloves are cheaper than a new pair of hose. They will be white and three (3) pair to a pack. Luck. Mike

Thanks for all of the replies. I have been reading these a lot and so far its just clear glossy nail hardner, I am leaving the gloss finish on. I have worn bright red to one pub and dark gothic blue metallic to a bikers bar... Neither got even commented on... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Hi Jarl Ayari, With your question of "natural nail length for men?" That would be no length at all. Well natural is a different term, I would like to read it as "common nail length". Common is 1-2mm past the nail bed. I have been wearing longer nails this fall, a french manicure in Bio-Gel with a length of up to a centimeter, but at the moment I am at 4mm squarish ends. That is my preferred length which lasts for a week, before I finally down size them after 2 weeks they are 6-9mm. I really love a french Manicure, and with the Bio-gel they are stronger than any nails I have worn before. Funny enough I had friends visit this week and no comments, which I would have expected from him. I intend to wear them as long as I can before switching out. Problem is timing to get them redone every 2-3 weeks. Love the nails. Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

My nails grow really quickly and sometimes I don't cut them for a while and they quickly get up to 10mm long. This is not done on purpose I just often forget, last time I did let them grow I got a couple of comments from the ladies at work. They commented how long they were and it was said in an envious manner, no negativity at all and more interest when I told them how quick they grow.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Hi,

I have finaly stopped biting my nails after 39 years of doing so. 8 out of 10 of them are finally at a length I am proud of but what length is too long to get away with for men?

I do paint them occasionally...

Andi

andi......the answer to your question is.......there is no such length......as long as you want.

see my other posts here and my youtube channel: scottfnails

you will find your answer there

• 1 month later...

I have no interest in having long or short nails, I also do not bite them, shape them or anything like that. I only cut them when they get in way or if I snap one when it gets caught on something, this is mainly due to laziness. So I would say they are normal and right now each one is just past my fingertips, I do make sure there are no funk-tastic shapes but no two are identical, still they are fairly long as I tend not to consume them. I have only had 1 person ever ask me why my nails are that long and response consisted of something like this "huh? Because I can't be bothered to cut them, got a problem with that mate? Or are you offering me a manicure?", that got him to STFU pretty fast. I do a lot of cooking as well and I find it makes chopping up fruit and veg faster and easier if I slide the blade down my fingernails. Plus when I lose control of the knife (it does not happen that often but when it does happen, fun it is not) having a nail between it and my not so knife proof flesh comes in bloody handy. I don't know if you could use that as an excuse.

• 5 months later...

I do have longer than average nails for a guy, but not real long. About the most I'll let them go is a 1/4 inch. Beyond this they start breaking on me. I do shape and buff my nails and sometimes a clear gloss hardener.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 months later...