Anyone Been to Payless Lately?

RonC

Wow. I was out shopping yesterday and stopped in at two Payless stores. The selection of shoes in sizes 11 and 12 just keeps on shrinking. 12's are alomost becoming non-existent, especially if you are looking for a heel. Really too bad, as they have many nice styles available on the web, but I won't buy unless I try! They are losing sales!

It depends on the area and location. 2 of the 3 stores here don't usually carry any 13's, but the one on the west end of town will sometimes get in both 13 and 13W, so it's been my favorite store here.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I've haunted the local Payless stores in my neck of the woods, and the selection of shoes in size 13, with or without heels is borderline nonexistent these days. Hell, it's almost not worth going in the stores because there's practically nothing there for me. And that's a shame since shoes in 13 used to be a lot more plentiful.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi all.... You can still order on line and have the shoes shipped to the store of your choice for free. I did just that recently. I bought a pair of Lisette braided thong slides in size 11 at a local payless store. When I tried them on at the store, they seemed fine (I have always worn size 11 in Payless sandals) but when I got home and really was able to check the fit, they seemed a bit to small. I ordered a pair in size 12 and had them shipped to the store, it takes a bit of time - about - 10 days, but that's OK. Each visit the clerks were very nice and friendly, did not seem to mind me trying on the shoes at the store - I wrote an earlier post about that experience. I just wonder if Payless has changed their sizing of shoes. Bye... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

The few times I have browsed Payless recently, I saw few sizes larger than a 10, period, and what I did see were, well ugly. I don't think this phenomena is limited to Payless however. Many stores that I have shopped recently tell me that larger sizes are available online and can be shipped free of charge. This has always disturbed me with shoes in particular since it is so important to try them on.

Style is built from the ground up!

Payless ? No, I think Shoeless should be the name ! A few weeks back I visited two Payless stores in the area and they seemed to be "thinning" sizes 11,12 and 13 off the rack. The sales lady said she would be happy to order what I wanted. With Payless prices going up , the value is not what it used to be. For me a short trip to Zappo's outlet and few bucks more I can get brand names like Nine West, RSVP, Fitzwell and so on. The best part I do not have to order and wait. I can enjoy shopping and trying on shoes before The purchase. :wave:

Payless ? No, I think Shoeless should be the name ! A few weeks back I visited two Payless stores in the area and they seemed to be "thinning" sizes 11,12 and 13 off the rack. The sales lady said she would be happy to order what I wanted. With Payless prices going up , the value is not what it used to be. For me a short trip to Zappo's outlet and few bucks more I can get brand names like Nine West, RSVP, Fitzwell and so on. The best part I do not have to order and wait. I can enjoy shopping and trying on shoes before The purchase. :wave:

Wow, there is a Zappos outlet store? What part of the world is that located in? I'm jealous!

RonC , It is south of Louisville KY on I-65 take the first Bardstown exit . I think it's around mile marker 116. I just look for the big LOVE'S truck-stop sign. The sales staff are second to none . They have no problem with men trying on high heels. A sales lady once told me "Zappo's sells shoes to feet not men's or women's". I think she made a big statement with that one line.

Thanks for theinfo maninpumps. If I ever get down that way, I will need to look them up! Seeing as how Zappos carries so many styles in large sizes, I would say you are fortunate to be near that store!

It appears they're filling their stores with the most commonly sold styles and sizes and leaving everything else to online. A few years ago, the typical store had more styles than the web site, because they always had a few left-overs from prior seasons, often at great discounts. Now online has lots of styles, but very little true variety. I just got an email encouraging me to buy flip-flops; there were dozens of styles, 90% flat and no heels or platforms over an inch or two.

I'm sorry to hear that about Payless Shoes. Over the past, many, many years I have bought some nice high heels, 4" and 5" (it's been a few years since there were 5" high heels at the Payless in my town) heels in larger sizes. I have to be honest, I haven't been to a Payless lately, but the last time I was there, it echos what all of you are saying.

Hey, Kris! I got a pair of those Kline sandals on Ebay, and you are right - they ARE comfortable and easy to wear all day! I love them. Even my wife complimented me and she seldom does that! You inspired me to write a review also. I just submitted it and Payless says it takes up to 72 hours to get it reviewed and published. Let's see if it gets posted! Way to go, Kris! Steve

I have written several reviews at Payless using my name and they have always published my comments... A nice touch... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I agree that they have been a good source of inexpensive heels in large sizes for many years. I also appreciate the fact that I can go try stuff on there without any hassel. But if they're not going to carry any stock in the stores, they're losing my business, as I'm not going to do the ship back and forth if things don't fit. And fit is one area that has been inconsistent at Payless, which is not surprising given the level of qaulity and price point they work at.