What If?

johnieheel

I know there are a lot of us here who enjoy wearing other articles of women's clothing at times besides heels and would love soooooooo much for our wife's or GF to except it. So what if she did and then asked if it would be ok for her to put on a mustache, grow hair on her legs, go out and buy some men's shoes and other articles of men's masculine clothing and then ask you to take her to dinner, bed, shopping or all the things we dream of doing when in heels, skirts or what ever? Now be honest, how would you respond? Just how open minded are we?

real men wear heels

Ok honnestly. I would hate that. But heres my reasoning. A guy should still look like a guy and a women should look like a woman. A guy wearing heels or a skirt can still look like a man, the same way a woman wearing trouses or a mans shirt can still look like a woman (to me clothing swapping should work both ways). When I wear heels I'm not trying to look like a woman, I just like the fashion. Now I would except if it my girlfreind wanted to wear mans shoes (though why the hell would anyone choose that lol) But if she shaved her hair and grew body hear I woul'dnt except that. Hope that all made sense lol

Number one is that she stays the same person. It is that reasoning that made her accept me. Then there are a few things that she doesn't like, if I were to do them, and I would need some time for adjustment if she would take up the opposite equivalent. But we respect each other and hence we make sure we don't go beyond each others endurance limits. For one: I don't shave my chest. If she were to grow I lot of body hair, I would like to see the result first before giving an opinion. And a week or so, to make sure that my opinion is well formed. Maybe it would be cute. Who knows. As to the mustache. I think it is in the same category as a male putting some silicone breasts. But again, if it were in good taste, maybe I wouldn't object. Cannot say that. The important thing is her character and that she accepts me as I am and hence I am willing to put up with quite a lot from her side. Y. PS. It would be fun to see it once, like at Haloween

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Wow, what a though provoking topic. I hope that I would support it. I have to say that I would trouble with the mustache. If it looked anything like mine I would have trouble kissing her. Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Absolutely, I am that open minded. I once dated a woman who wore men's shoes - very nice, high quality, expensive men's shoes. SHe would wear them with men's trousers as well as with skirts and bobby socks. Also, I have never found women who let themselves get a bit hairy to be unattractive either, but none of them had mustaches...LOL However, I am always intrigued with women who can successfully weave a masculine aura into their appearance. I wouldn't say it works for all women, but I like it! So, yes...I may be in an extreme minority, but it wouldn't bother me at all...to each their own and I walk that talk. Excellent idea for a thread John!

Style is built from the ground up!

We have grown up in a sanitized world when it comes to what is acceptable for public appearance. There are some women who have to make an extra effort to hide their hair growth, just like there are some men that have body hair with less density than peach fuss. The bearded lady is not that uncommon. Of course, most women normally don't grow beards, mustashes, and other areas of hair as thick as the stereotypical male, but they are still expected to remove the visible areas to be socially accepted. I have to go along with Crazyewok's posting when he said something to the fact that you can't change who a person is by their wearing the social adornments deemed for the other gender. Maybe the apparel will enhance whatever their features are to appear differently, but they will still have the same abilities and desires. A grown man can dress up like a baby, but he'll still be perceived as a man. OK, I know with the advancement in plastic and cosmetic surgery or even theactrical costuming, you can disprove what I just stated, but given the usual life procedures, it's usually true (physical, anyway). When two people have a committed relationship, I sure hope they know enough about who their mate is when wanting to be with them, that they have accepted them for who they are. Now, we know who actually wears the pants in most families and today it's both the husband and the wife. Both of them can also wear the heels, tattoos, mustaches, and etc., if they think it will help them to live more completely. We only get this turn at life now, make the best of it. OH! OH! I got another one. Now is the first of the rest of your life! (Kine a gets-cha right here doan it?)

Johnnieheel,

I think that your example is a true example of extremes; as in black and white, there are many shades of grey. There was a woman who I used to work with who wore "man-tailored" shirts, pants, didn't apparently shave and her hair was "boyishly" shirt. Although she was gay you wouldn't have known it as it wasn't in your face. Regardless, she still looked feminine without doing any work at it.

The point of the digression is that in my household, both my wife and I shave the hairy parts as we don't care for it, both wear pants, knit tops, etc. that could be considered unisex although they aren't. Her forays into dresses and heels are infrequent although she has a large heel / boot collection (surprise right).

So to sum up, my wanting to wear heels with appropriate "women's pants" is not really that far to the left or right when you look at the whole picture.

It's all about the heel!

A thought provoking subject. My wife is so feminine that it's scary. Any thought of her wearing any item of my clothing except occasionally sleeping in one of my t-shirts or wearing one of my dress shirts, has never crossed my mind. What's even more scarey is that both of my girls are even more feminine than she is.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I once shared a train compartment (remember them?) with two girls one of which seemed to be foriegn and could have been Italian. She was smartly dressed in a short yellow skirt and matching pumps with at least 4.5" heels but the thing that caught my eye were her extremely hairy legs. Now, had she been overweight and ugly then they wouold have been a complete turn-off but as she was slim, stunningly pretty and sexy they were actually a turn-on! I think the fact that she didn't have anything of an issue about it contributed too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This is a very good food-for-thought post. I wear high heels in public on a regular basis. I get some strange looks, but as I have said before I enjoy all of the reactions. I can't remember how long ago it was but I confronted a woman in a store who asked me a question about an item in the store. When I turned to answer her, here was a conservatively dressed middle-aged woman in a rather plain pant suit wearing a full beard and mustache. She was a very nice person and I tried to answer her question, but I found myself stunned by her appearence. She was so cordial, but I had a hard time talking to her, at first. But I became used to and comfortable with her appaerence and everything was fine. So that makes me think about some of the people who see me wearing stiletto high heels and the looks I get.

i think it's an excellent question, i guess that i should have to be fair, so if she wants to do it, and as have gotten support so far, i think i should have to go the same way, though it would really creep me up, i guess the lesson to be learned is that you have to be honestly open about what you like to wear before you get into a serious comitment. i mean on both sides.

I like to think that if the shoe were on the other foot (pun intended) that I would be open, at least enough to wrap my brain around the idea and not make a knee-jerk decision or reaction..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

No one has mentioned yet that women do now wear plenty of what was - at one time - exclusively men's clothing. They take it over and make it a feminine thing. I dare say the more conservative of the population were aghast when women started wearing trousers. I don't think I'd mind what my wife wore really. But I would mind if she started doing things that changed her basic sexuality (is that the right word? sex, gender?) EG growing a 'tache or taking male hormones.

I would be totally opened to a woman wearing anything and having any masculine features she wanted to show/wear. Where I am in rural countryside, many women are not all that feminine for their wears and some are even more masculine with their looks. Wearing nice heels and or boots is often seen as very sexy and negative. I think many women have similar difficulties wearing heels as men do in the rural small town areas or as they think they might due to the conservative ideals. So for me I can accept a woman any way she wants to be. Mtnsofheels