Long term projects

I have several, longest at the moment, I started building a trailer in 1972, it now has wheels but nowhere near finished. My kitchen extension on the back of our garage took 19 years to construct, very nearly finished, anybody else as quick as me?.

life is not a rehearsal

It usually takes me a year to put my interior of my car back together after putting a stereo system or some other kind of work under the plastics. :winkiss:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Skirting boards in my house... 2+ years and we still dont have any skirting boards, anywhere. Just the oak flooring underlay sticking out of the edges. I think it will stay like that until about a week before we want to sell the place!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I think everyone has their idea of how they want things to be, but some how life gets in the way. For instance, finding something we may have used just the other day. Searching high and low, we can't see it any where. Then a while later, our eyes just happen to glance in a direction and lo and behold, we forgot why we had been looking for it, but we now can see it. Being organized to complete projects is a life time process of constant vigilance, especially if it requires a daily patronage, like diaries or journals and/or honey-do's.

took me a weekend to do an engine swap in my car :winkiss: took a week to get it running properly tho. hoverfly* i can do a full sterio in a couple hours. ive done heaps i do them in the back yard wen im not working for extra money.

wild for plats :silly:

I have several, longest at the moment, I started building a trailer in 1972, it now has wheels but nowhere near finished. My kitchen extension on the back of our garage took 19 years to construct, very nearly finished, anybody else as quick as me?.

19 years in the same house? Damn, I've never lived longer than 6 years in any house we've ever lived in. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

19 years in the same house? Damn, I've never lived longer than 6 years in any house we've ever lived in. :winkiss:

Me either...easier to move than to clean it....:silly:

I have been writing my doctoral dissertation for six years. The most progress I have made is writing to ask for yet another extension.

Style is built from the ground up!

Helping our kids to grow up -- that's the most important long-term project i have, together with my wife :winkiss:. Also, she is doing her Ph.D. thesis, and i (myself being just a B.S. dropout :silly:) help her with some technical stuff there. Developing our house and garden is another one. Happy Heeling k6ps

I moved into my present house 1n 1983, that's 26 years ago, time goes by so fast, my daughter was 6 when I bought my Land Rover in 1991, she now drives it, and if I have my way my grandaughter will drive it as well, If there's any diesel left in the world. That is another long term project, keeping it on the road, still as good as the day I bought it, only its a bit modified now. Can't wait for the 6.2 GMC V8 to be fitted, then it will fly.

life is not a rehearsal

Took me three years to write mine... taking even longer to get it published!

It took me three and a half years to write my first novel after fifteen years of dwelling on it. It's been done for a year and a half and still no agent. You can't get an agent unless you are published but you can't get published without an agent.

Round and round we go where we stop I don't know.

Now I have just completed my second novel except for crossing the I's and dotting the T's. (a little attempt at humor there.) Hopefully I will have better luck selling this one.

To the good Dr. I wish you all the luck in the world my friend.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

• 3 weeks later...

Have a few long term projects, mainly cars....the longest is over fifteen years and it still does not have any doors or wheels on it....but the engine runs as sweet as a nut.....should get it on the road really as it is road tax exempt.

It must be a "Mini" thing as that is the car that I am trying to restore, although is just a regular Mini which has had alot of tweeks to make it special, its de-seamed, dry suspension and tuned engine....the best part of the car...maybe one day I will get around to finishing it:smile:

Whats the subframe like? Have spent hours playing with mini's in the past, my favorite was a mini van ex AA, MG1100 head, fully ported and polished, went like a bird till one day it caught fire, only thing I kept was the head, ready for the next one. Last proper mini I had was a 2.2 litre (one of the last to be made had the same engine as a lotus elise) bought it for my daughter, wish I kept it as not many were made, can't stand them BMW things. Give me a Land Rover and I am happy.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 weeks later...

Long term to means something that I could do in 1-2 weeks if I put in solid days on it however, with my scedule it usualy ends up being 6-8 weeks because I have to work and do other things so, I only do a little bit every day.

Whats the subframe like? Have spent hours playing with mini's in the past, my favorite was a mini van ex AA, MG1100 head, fully ported and polished, went like a bird till one day it caught fire, only thing I kept was the head, ready for the next one. Last proper mini I had was a 2.2 litre (one of the last to be made had the same engine as a lotus elise) bought it for my daughter, wish I kept it as not many were made, can't stand them BMW things.

Give me a Land Rover and I am happy.

The sub-frames are both fine as the car is dry stored. It does have a few engine mods as follows. Larger inlet and outlet valves, double valve springs, heated inlet manifold, Janspeed 3-2-1 exhaust into a Cooper S rear silencer, lightened and balanced flywheel, Powermax pistons, lightened and balanced con rods, 1 3/4 SU carburettor and finally dry suspension. I think that is all of them but it is a very long time since I have had to recall the details. Also have a Series 2a Land Rover only light mods on that like overdrive, freewheel hubs and Discovery wheels running 235/75/R16 BFG M/T radial tyres for better road holding and ride comfort also better for braking

• 1 year later...

I now have full central heating, not bad brought the first radiator 25 years ago, girlfriend now moaning it's to hot upstairs, can't win.

life is not a rehearsal