An encouraging experience

squirrelheels

A few days ago last week, my church youth leader popped round to drop off a hard drive. I was wearing my 4in knee boots, under jeans (as normal), and as my dad had already opened the door, my youth leader could see the heels as I was walking down the stairs. He asked if I was wearing heels, and I said I was... he didn't seem to have any problems with it! He was quite jokey with my dad about it, threatening to take an axe or angle grinder to them... (I don't mind it when they joke around like that). This evening the youth group had a meeting at the minister's house, and he brought up the topic of my heels in conversation. Obviously I think it was a shock to most people, but what was most encouraging was that the girls were really interested, and they wanna see photos of when I did drag, and they want me to wear the heels to church on Sunday, and also to our meeting next Monday :( I thought this was really encouraging, and I'll definitely be wearing heels next Sunday and Monday! :) It's nice to have a bit of backing! And the guys didn't seem to object either, which is good :o This gives me even more confidence. I'm gonna try wearing my 3.5in bladey-type ankle boots to college tomorrow, wearing tights underneath! Hopefully that'll go well! I'm really looking forward to the weekend now! :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hey Squirrel! You know what? I'm a "professing" Christian , albeit lacking on the practicing side of the equation (especially with church attendance). Anyhow, its nice to see someone else of possible similar religious interest with similar womens footwear interests as well.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Squirrel Hi, I love reading your threads you are so positive and forward thinking in your strive to be yourself. I am a believer in self confidence brings a positive response from others and you are certainly in that category. Keep it up and continue in being happy being you. Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Thanks Julietta :lol: I can't be too long posting now as I have to get off to college in my noisy heels (eek!)... I'll let you all know how it goes today, and also at the weekend! :( Kneehighs: I wondered the same thing a while back, if it was a Christian thing to be doing. As long as you don't make the footwear number 1 in your life, and you still keep God at that spot, then I don't see a problem with it! I know how difficult it can be to be a Christian who practices what they preach, but I think it's harder to wear noisy heels out in public personally! (Mind you, that view may well change soon!) It isn't easy, I know, but it can be done, as with anything! SH

Squirrel, I've checked out your shoes on your website and they are fab. They all look pretty good. Take care Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

SH wrote:

I wondered the same thing a while back, if it was a Christian thing to be doing.

Interesting question. I'm a Christian, attend church regularly and haven't worn a pair of men's shoes in several years. And, I've never given it any thought.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That's probably a good thing Bubba I'd say, you're not doing anything wrong, so why should you think about it?! I don't see that the Bible has a problem with what I wear, I'm just conscious of other people's thoughts, and impression that it gives them. I don't want people getting the wrong impression of me just because of what I wear on my feet. Julietta, thanks :lol: I like em too! I'll post about my experiences today in noisy heels under my "Out and about in noisy heels" thread. SH

I know in the Koran it says you aren't supposed to wear the clothes of the opposite sex. But then again who is to say heels are for the opposite sex, that would be my argument. In the bible it says men aren't supposed to have long hair, but then Jesus had long hair. It all comes down to fashion, and fashion has nothing to do with religion. I If you are a Christian, have God and Jesus first in your heart and that's all that matters. I'm not a Christian so I don't have any problems from that angle, but then if you follow my above logic neither should Christians.

Well, we don't know that Jesus had long hair, that's just a stereotypical image of Jesus - no one really knows what he looked like. Also, the law about men having long hair was part of the old covenant, which has been "superceeded" by the new covenant that Jesus made by dying on the cross. Therefore it's no longer a valid law, and (don't quote me on this), I think it can be safely ignored.

SH

Jesus was a Nazarite and Nazarite men had long hair at certain times. We don't know for certain he had long hair but it's very likely. I've never heard about the new covenant thing though. The long hair thing is hidden away in the OT somewhere and if Jesus did anything, he superseded the sillier parts of OT teahing

There's a difference between long hair and loooong hair--like my grandmother's hair was, or for a more recent version, Crystal Gale. I don't think there was a proscription against long hair on men per se, Paul just mentioned that a woman's hair was her crown or something similar.

Christ was particularly vehement when he talked about hypocrites. Wouldn't hiding your heel wearing from everybody be considered hypocritical? From that point of view, wearing heels in public would seem to be more in keeping with God's laws, not less so.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Wouldn't hiding your heel wearing from everybody be considered hypocritical? From that point of view, wearing heels in public would seem to be more in keeping with God's laws, not less so.

Well said, Azraelle! Why hide it? The more you hide it the more suspicious you look and draw attention to yourself. If you walk bravely, nobody will make a fuss of it.

HH forever!

I hide my heels not because I'm ashamed or anything like that, but because I fear people's reactions... I guess from recent experiences that I really have nothing much to hide, and that 90% of people are ok with it. Bah @ my stupidity! SH

You're making great strides. I wouldn't be confident wearing 6" stilettos to a business meeting, but then again women wouldn't either. Such fetish wear will never be considered appropriate in such a setting. But I am pretty confident of wearing 4-5" street fashion heels of varying styles for business or any social event. That's the thing to aim for.

I'm also a committed Christian and have never had any qualms about wearing heels or, for that matter other supposedly female clothing. From a Christian point of view I think that being judgmental about others, especially jumping to conclusions about what someone MIGHT be like from their appearance, are the things we are expected to refrain from. Mind you, I half killed myself slipping on the church steps in a pair of 3" stilettoes a year or so back, so perhaps God was having a laugh at my expense :lol:

Mind you, I half killed myself slipping on the church steps in a pair of 3" stilettoes a year or so back, so perhaps God was having a laugh at my expense :lol:

Hehe :( I've worn my heels to my Vineyard Church before, but never my Baptist Church... which I plan to do this Sunday, following the encouragement received from my youth group and youth leaders! I would never have expected them to react like that...

I've never slipped in heels, thankfully, as all but my noisy ones are rubber, and I haven't worn my noisy heels much, for obvious reasons.

SH

Squirrel, the only way to gain confidence is to just go and do it! I know that must sounds screamingly simplistic, but it's also quite true. I've been wearing heels, standard pumps in fact in public for almost two years, and, after some initial nervousness, I found it's not such a big deal. I don't hide them because I hae no fear of the reactions of others. Once you overcome any nervousness you may have, the confidence will come, and you'll feel so much better about yourself. :_D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The only trouble with me is, to go out and just do it requires a starting amount of confidence... and this requires a lot of brain power to convince myself into "just doing it". I chose my "Just do it" Nike t-shirt to wear on Tuesday when I wore my noisy heels to college for the first time. I shall be doing this again this Tuesday, because I enjoyed it so much last time! :lol: SH

I too am a Christian and go to church regularly. I have worn flat womens sandals in church since I can remember with absolutely no problems. I haven't tried my heels in church yet, but some of my churchgoing friends know I do wear heels. Maybe will attend in heels someday!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thank God I'm grown up as an atheist (*grin*)! But despite of possible differences in our believe we have the same problem: How to stand upright for our common passion?

In agreement to my last promise I stumbled today on stilettos through the world. No representative of any church dared to disturb my sinful enjoyable circles on high heels on holy sunday. I'm really glad to be absolutely free of any harassment of any church!

micha (the satanic incarnation of the evil Posted Image)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Like they say, so each his (or her) own. Personally I get a huge amount out of my faith, starting with my life. And I believe God condones heel wearing in the sense that he still loves me no matter what I wear, as long as my heart is in the right place. SH

Well, I went to youth group tonight wearing my 5in loafers... I was a head above most other people... First reactions weren't too bad, could have been much worse (i.e. histerical giggling), but it was nothing I couldn't handle, with perhaps a bit of unease and blushing. After that, things went fine... no comments at all. Nobody made a fuss. I got a few stares of curiosity, but nothing else :lol: So it's all good... more people who know, that I can happily wear heels around, knowing they know, which ultimately makes me a lot more comfortable wearing them (mentally)! :( SH

• 8 months later...

In the old testiment Deuterotmy 22. something, a man shal not wear that wich pertainith to women. I belive that was put in when the Bible was translated into the King James version because of the sumptory laws at that time. Yes Im a born again Christian too. I feel that any christian should treat anybody with respect and not be hipocritical about anybody who dresses differently. I am a heel-wearing Christian and I do not expect the chirch to be a fashion critic. There is too much dissing going on in this world to go around. Thanks for the good news SH.

77r90dL lf

Crotchhiboots wrote:

I am a heel-wearing Christian and I do not expect the chirch to be a fashion critic.

So am I. However, I don't wear hi heels to church. I usually wear a less conspicious pair of women's slip-on style shoes with low heels in deference to my wife's wishes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wear heeled boots to church every sunday and have for maybe 20 years. Now I don't mean block heels, I mean 3 1/2" and higher spikes for the most part. I even did this as a youth group leader, I have no choice, I have to wear heels. Have I ever been called on it? Yes I have, but as I said I have no choice. The problem comes if some one has a shoe fetish, your heels can drive them up a tree (which aparently happened when I was called on it). In this case wiser heads told me to ignore it, so I did. Another problem comes if your heel wearing leads you to the dark side. All togther its better to get it out into the open, don't let it lead to denial, hideing deception etc. It's very easy for the evil one to get a hold on you this way.

Thanks Bubba, Hay Slim are you talking about the force or satin. The other day I was waiting for the bus an a lady whom I have seen before congratulated me on my whole look. She was refressed by theway I wore my heels, nails and my earrings. She was glad that I was not into the same boring fashions that other men were doing. altho I am a Christian I feel that the chirch shoul stay the f**k out of the bedroom.

77r90dL lf

Well said! I'm sure all Christ was really saying was - put other people before yourself and let's all be kind to each other. All the silly confusion and trappings associated with Christianity have arisen because those who subsequently wrote the hotchpotch of the New Testament over-embroidered it with spurious details, further compound with modern-day people determined to interpret every little phrase to suit their own particular narrow views. Heels do no harm to anybody and in fact bring pleasure, unlike smoking, child terrorists, drug abuse, child abuse etc. etc. If Christ were to return today, I think I know which items would sadden him on that little list, and it wouldn't be the first one! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I knew we shared wearing heels, its good to know so many of us share a Christian faith - and a tolerant and loving rather than narrow-minded form. I missed this thread when it started and just read the lot and found it good to read so many positive posts. And yes, I found acceptance here too. People can wonder at first, not surprisingly, but when its consistent and not an attention seeker, it becomes easier for people to see you for who you are. Its good how people have learned to accept people who are different but still caring and loving.