My morning in high heels-many smiles

roniheels

I spent the morning doing some Christmas shopping and just running some errands and enjoying the morning. I wore a black suit, charcoal gray sweater vest, black silk shirt, and my ellie black patent leather pumps with ankle straps and 5" stiletto high heels. I got nothing but smiles and compliments today! I went to a small coffee shop and had a coffee and bagel. As I sat with legs crossed one could clearly see my high heels. Nothing but smiles and some compliments toward my shoes. I next went to out largest mall in town and visited several stores for some Christmas shopping. You could see and hear my high heels click across the tile floors and everyone in the stores viewed me. There were some stares, but again mostly smiles and a few compliments toward my shoes and how nice they matched my suit. I did visit a few show stores in the mall, but they did not have my size in the shoes and boots that I wanted. I next went to my favorite used book store to check on some novels I was looking for. There were two men apporximately my age who watched me walk across the room in my high heels. Both men smiled at me and were very codial, but neither mentioned my high heels. As I paid for my book, the lady that owns the store asked me how many pairs of high heels did I own and were they uncomfortable to wear. I told her that because of the shape of my foot and arch, they were very comfortable to wear and I told her how many pairs I owned. She said she no longer wore high heels on a daily basis, but still wore them for special occasions. She said you just don't see that many men wearing high heels and she gigled. I said I hope I am going to change that trend. I next went to The Spice Rack to buy some coffees and jellies. The young woman in front of me had on a beautiful pair of open-toed high heeled pums with her pant suit. I told her I really admired her high heels. She said thank you and looked down at my feet. She seemed a little stunned to see my high heels, but she said, "and I love your high heels, too" as she gigled and walked away. The people who own the store have seen me in there before wearing high heels so it was no surprise to them. They just smiled as they looked at my high heels and said have a nice day, and be careful walking in the snow in those shoes (it snowed 4" last night). I went to the library next where I checked out some CD's and DVD's. The floor was carpeted and no one paid much attention to my high heels. I did go to the public restroom before I left the library. As I was leaving, an older man stood in front of me and the exit. He was a tall, large man dressed very, very casually. He looked at me stearnly. I'm glad I had used the restroom because I thought I was going to wet my pants. He looked at my high heels and then at me and said, "I wish I could wear shoes like those." He gave me a big smile and walked on to the stall. I was so relieved. I stopped at the grocery store before I went home and again everyone smiled and was nice to me. I proceeded to go home and wrap presents. This was the absolute most positive outing in different places that I have had while out on the town wearing high heels. I was a little surprised at all of the positive and no negative reactions I received. I'm anxious to hear feedback from all that read this as to this great morning out-and-about in high heels.

They just... said... be careful walking in the snow in those shoes (it snowed 4" last night).

This is a concern of mine, too, actually. With Winter now here, I keep wondering how safe it is to wear heels on snow and ice-covered pavement, and how foolish I might feel daring the inclement weather. As it is now, I don't even wear heels when it rains. Too great a risk of slipping, especially since I only wear stilettos.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Great outing Roniheels! Your outfit sounded smashing from your description. How much of your five inch heels do your trousers cover? One of the tings I love about reading your adventures is that you seem so comfortable and approachable. That's a true credit. It is great that you have so many positive interactions. I do learn a lot from you... Not to get off topic here, but I think its high time you start and adventures thread of your own. It would be wonderful to consolidate your experiences in one place. I know it would be a great reference to me but also inspiring to others. I appeal to peer pressure to have you consider it.

Style is built from the ground up!

Great outing Roniheels! Your outfit sounded smashing from your description. How much of your five inch heels do your trousers cover?

One of the tings I love about reading your adventures is that you seem so comfortable and approachable. That's a true credit. It is great that you have so many positive interactions. I do learn a lot from you...

Not to get off topic here, but I think its high time you start and adventures thread of your own. It would be wonderful to consolidate your experiences in one place. I know it would be a great reference to me but also inspiring to others. I appeal to peer pressure to have you consider it.

Time permitting, I will definitely consider it. Thank you ansd all for the nice comments and feedback. I can't express enough how much fun it is to wear high heels in public and savour all of the reactions and comments.

What a Christmas present! Being able to walk about in your 5" stilettos and get such great reactions from those you came into contact with are very incouraging activities. The smiles may be for the unfamiliarity of men in heels, which has to be expected for now, but the cordial greetings and public acceptance are milestones for male heeling. Sounds as though this is only going to be a part of your many experiences. Hopefully, we will soon join in these same type of outings and make them common place.

I can't express enough how much fun it is to wear high heels in public and savour all of the reactions and comments.

I don't want to spoil your thunder, so no details, but you and I have alot in common. I really have a hard time putting my 5" heeled outings to paper, but find your outings run a real close parallel with mine.

You keep write'n and I'll keep smile'n, knowing exactly what you're experiencing every CLICK of the way.

Take care.

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Great outing Roniheels! Your outfit sounded smashing from your description. How much of your five inch heels do your trousers cover?

My trousers cover not quite half of my high heels. They are visible. At the mall, I walked by a window where I saw my reflection and my high heels were clearly visible.

Roni, THAT was an AWESOME outing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where in the WORLD do YOU LIVE!! I WANT TO MOVE THERE!!! To have SO many POSITIVE and FUN reactions to - 5" STILETTOS - is INCREDIBLE!!! WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jealous!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t2::thumbsup::lmao::thumbsup:;-):thumbsup:

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Not to get off topic here, but I think its high time you start and adventures thread of your own. It would be wonderful to consolidate your experiences in one place. I know it would be a great reference to me but also inspiring to others. I appeal to peer pressure to have you consider it.

That makes two of us! Roni: the more guys like you relate their adventures, the more outreach we can to for the timid heelers among us looking for the just that right push, that right amount of inspiration to help them out of the closet and into public. Give it a thought!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sandalfan:-) It has been years since I wore stiletto pumps and closed-toe slingbacks out in a deep snow. I found that the shape of the shoe made it easier to walk in the snow as the heel made its own hole and the sole made its own hole in the snow on each step made, but you still have to be careful. It is a lot of fun, but I kept the pumps highly polished and the snow didn't cause them any harm as I cleaned and dried them as soon as I got home. The sling-backs were a deep red patent and the snow seemed to run off of them as they warmed it and were even easier to clean and dry them. You still have to walk carefully on ice, but in deep snow it was easier to maintain a good step. I guess people were wondering why that lady wasn't wearing boots over her heels. Clear plastic booties or a knee-high heeled rubber zippered boots were made then to fit over the high heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!