How is it possible...

As a relative newbie (less than 2 months on the board), I'd give at least three reasons: 1. always a supply of new members 2. always new shoes to talk about 3. always new experiences Take these away, and the board wouldn't be nearly as interesting...

I think it's the welcoming factor, also. I stumbled onto this site beginning of June, having no real idea that there were "others like me" around. Going to local clubs the only guys you see with heels are TV's, who've always made me feel welcome at the clubs, too. But. I thought I was "weird" not wanting to cross dress fully, yet loved hees with such a passion. I was welcomed here immediately (even from Benno...LOL). Met new friends. Have been encouraged to broaded my heeling experiences and style. Simply, HH Place has helped my heeling experiences!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Finding this forum has helped me to better understand that I am not as isolated and alone in my feelings to wear stiletto heels. I know that there are many in the forum who have never worn stilettos, nor do they want to. However, the greater majority that have and will participate in this forum know the desire to wear some kind of high heeled shoe, sandal, and/or boot. Many of the subjects discussed here are not new to the forum, but they are fresh experiences for many of the more recent registerer. It is always a pleasure to hear a heeler's newest experience or concern and then reading their post about it and then seeing other responses. Ideally, I wish there was no need for forums like the High Heel Place, because heeling had become so common in our society, people expected to see heels worn by any one that chose to attire with them.

I definitely share these sentiments. My love of admiring and wearing high heels always made me feel like I was alone in my desires. You can'rt imagine how happy I was to find this site and see how many people, especially men, who loved viewing and wearing high heeels. Viewing the many experiences of other members here have inspired me to wear high heels in public and in many different places and then share the experiences with the friendly members here. And the fact that the love of wearing high heels by men is world wide makes it even more overwhelming in a positive sense. Keep those posts coming, gang!

After so many years, so many threads, so many sujects for one little thing...wearing heels.

And HHplace is going on and going on and going on...reminds me of the rabbit and duracel battery commercial.. :-)

Apparently some rabbits run on mains power!!!

:w00t2:

Apparently some rabbits run on mains power!!!

:w00t2:

Amanda!

Excuse the ignorance of one who is across the pond, but I don't understand what "mains power" is. Please enlighten!

StilettoScot,

I believe those posting on this forum are great people that choose to wear heels for whatever reason. The comradery we share in this endeavor lets us know our feelings are more than just fetish activities, but part of what make humanity tick. Sharing these things with each other, in a sense, is therapeutic and brings a calming joy.

Soapboxing again:

Society needs to up-date its programming concerning what constitutes a person and what they can do. The gender definition has too many inconsistencies, when it comes to how and what each individual feels and is capable of. Women have proven they can succeed in a man's world, because they can have or achieve the same abilities and feelings. Likewise, men can have or achieve the same abilities and feelings as women which presents them with the same needs to be filled. This gap that has been thrown in our faces is only because of the ignorance or the level of knowledge we have about other people, due to each of our individualities. It has been convenient for society to draw the line between men and women, but there really isn't one, except for not knowing all about the other person. We often hear of two people knowing what the other is thinking about in certain situations, be they women, men, or both. They have found oneness in those certain areas. They still have their own perspectives that they may not be able to quite coincide or even greatly differ. This is human nature to be different, but capable of having some of the same incites and interest as another person. The existence of this forum is further proof of the oneness of humanity. Both men and women are capable of the desire to wear high heels. We may not have the same taste in styles, height, or category, but we love the experience we feel while in them.

This side of the pond we say "mains powered". Over there you say "line powered". We say "earthed", you say "grounded" etc etc. Many years ago, I saw a cartoon of a chicken farm. Outside the shed was a big switch marked "Battery" and "Mains". I went down to Battery Park in Manhattan and was disappointed not to see even a single AA cell:smile: We may be two nations divided by a common language (Shaw?) but at least some of our words for footwear are the same so we can discuss our main interest without too much trouble. Trainers = Sneakers Court shoes = Pumps Mules = Slides Any more? A final thought. Over here, "Boots" is a well known chain of pharmacies. Gives rise to all sorts of jokes which are totally incomprehensible to our friends across the sea.

So, in the UK, you can put your "boots" in the "boot", and drive to "Boots"??

I suppose that beats putting your boots in the trunk and driving to Walgreens. Whether thay have high heels or not.

Old joke (should have been pensioned off years ago.)

Man goes into pharmacy and asks: "Do you have any rat poison?"

Pharmacist says: "Sorry, no. Have you tried Boots?"

Man: "I want to poison them, not kick them to death!"

So, in the UK, you can put your "boots" in the "boot", and drive to "Boots"??

Yep, you sure can.

Yes, Amanda. I am not sure what "mains" are either.

To plug your toaster into "The mains" so to speak. The national grid (The mains electricity supply)

Plug socket on the wall = Mains outlet

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

After so many years, so many threads, so many subjects for one little thing...wearing heels.

I suppose if men had the public acceptance to wear high heels, this forum may still exist as an informational and conversational source because of the comradery we have attained here.

And HHplace is going on and going on and going on...reminds me of the rabbit and duracel battery commercial.. :-)

This is a moot point at this intervene, but that's an Energizer Battery Rabbit verses the duracel battery commercials. Unless they are rechargeable cells, the use of the mains powered (electrical wall outlet) circuitry won't be of any necessity. :w00t2:

Nope, Roniheels likes the Ballet. Back on track. Why is the site going strong, because the members are awesome. It is a nice feeling that there is a group of people who both have a common interest and also enjoy sharing that interest without being uppity or self centered. That is in short is why I am here. Hey, I didn't mean short like short, short. Jen

Amanda!

Excuse the ignorance of one who is across the pond, but I don't understand what "mains power" is. Please enlighten... StilettoScot,

I forget who said that the British and Americans are a kindred people who are separated by a common language. Perhaps Geo. Bernard Shaw.

In any case, I really don't see why we should have so much controversy over it; here in the States we often talk about a "water main" or a "gas main" that has burst and needs repair. Well apparently the Lim- Unh, our British friends have carried the notion over to the electric service and so the wiring coming into the house is refered to as the "Mains". Now I could be mistaken, but it seems to me that the Brits use 240 Volts as their standard service, while here in America that would qualify as industrial grade service while our standard house service is about 110 - 120 Volts.

Now that we've got all that straightened-out, what-say we put the kettle on while we all slip on some heels and then fix a cup of tea, what?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

United States - Residential is 240 volt single Phase. - split into 3 lines consisting of (2) 120 volt lines and a neutral line. This provides both 120 volt for standard wall outlets and combined 240 volts for appliances such as A/C, ranges, dryers and such. There will be review on Thur and exam on Friday so, Pay Attention. Jen

That's nice, because a properly balanced line is less prone to radio frequency interference. That's quite important for measurement equipment, audio etc., even though these devices are often equipped with mains filters. Here in Europe we've got three-phase 3x400/230V for most houses [apart from flats in blocks] and commercial / public buildings. The power is transmitted through the urban / rural areas by 3x15kV grid, and stepped down with local transformers. Malls, factories and other large objects have their own substations with transformers; for a group of houses / blocks, there's one nearby substation.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!