Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

Mr. X-thanks for taking the time not only to take the photo, but the effort to also upload them to the server here. Your pictures spark healthy constructive conversation about fashion and appearance, so thank you.

Fashion as we know it, is site specific. An outfit that kicks butt on the Lower East Side might not be so well received on the Upper East Side. And an outfit that is received well for a board meeting might not be so appropriate for running errands. I don't know where you live, but I'm in agreement with the above posters that your outfit definitely classifies as a solid casual, which seems appropriate for the context of running errands.

More specific than casual however, I'd say your look has a Seattle "Kurt Cobain" grunge reference to it. Now with regards to Seattle grunge and high fashion, at the SS13 shows this last September and October, grunge as a look was widely circulated. As you wore your shirt untucked and casual, so is the tied waist plaid in the Lim photo below equally casual and "sloppy". As your plaid (is it flannel?) print resurged with Kurt Cobain, so Kurt Cobain wigs were used on models at Theysken's Theory. Similarly, plaid as a PRINT was used on many looks at Dries's Paris Fashion Week show.

You did a good job color coordinating. My only issue is the color palette you decided to coordinate with. This is really just a matter of personal preference though.

Again, thanks for your pictures.

post-287-0-33473100-1357249400_thumb.jpe

post-287-0-56928200-1357249407_thumb.jpe

post-287-0-52321700-1357249416_thumb.jpe

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

May be just me but the green plaid shirt is my biggest issue.

With my coat done up you couldn't see the shirt anyhow. I could have worn anything under my coat really. The only eyes that saw my shirt was everyone here....lol

Mr. X-thanks for taking the time not only to take the photo, but the effort to also upload them to the server here. Your pictures spark healthy constructive conversation about fashion and appearance, so thank you.

Fashion as we know it, is site specific. An outfit that kicks butt on the Lower East Side might not be so well received on the Upper East Side. And an outfit that is received well for a board meeting might not be so appropriate for running errands. I don't know where you live, but I'm in agreement with the above posters that your outfit definitely classifies as a solid casual, which seems appropriate for the context of running errands.

More specific than casual however, I'd say your look has a Seattle "Kurt Cobain" grunge reference to it. Now with regards to Seattle grunge and high fashion, at the SS13 shows this last September and October, grunge as a look was widely circulated. As you wore your shirt untucked and casual, so is the tied waist plaid in the Lim photo below equally casual and "sloppy". As your plaid (is it flannel?) print resurged with Kurt Cobain, so Kurt Cobain wigs were used on models at Theysken's Theory. Similarly, plaid as a PRINT was used on many looks at Dries's Paris Fashion Week show.

You did a good job color coordinating. My only issue is the color palette you decided to coordinate with. This is really just a matter of personal preference though.

Again, thanks for your pictures.

Thanks and well said kneehighs. Your opinion is always valued. Interesting pics too!

I agree it's a very casual look. The jeans tucked inside your boots is ok. I see that same bunching at the top of the boot on lots of women too. You can't always wear skinny jeans or leggings. Make the best of what you're wearing, because you are wearing heels and that's what it's all about anyway!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

:sing:"He cuts down trees, he wears high heels" :)

I love it! I could see them making a show, or super hero out of this. Lumberjack by day, high heels at night....lol Or better yet an episode of Coffee Talk with Linda Richman from Saturday Night Live. I'm a little farklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic. The high heeled lumberjack was neither a lumberjack nor did he were high heels. Discuss!

You can't always wear skinny jeans

Believe it or not these are skinny jeans! Not sure why they bunch though.

I see a lot of slim fit jeans being passed off as skinny jeans. There is a big difference. Skinny jeans will fit close top to bottom. Slim fit wont.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Mr. X I particularly like the boot over jeans look and the matching carry bag is a nice touch. I was not impressed with the cost. My eye prefers a little trimmer fit. I glad you able to enjoy presenting a non-traditional image of a guy. TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The high heeled lumberjack was neither a lumberjack nor did he were high heels. Discuss!

Maybe he made little holes in the ground with his heels and planted trees instead!

Maybe it's just the cut? I was trying on skinny jeans this weekend and they did the same, bunching high up and I wasn't even wearing tall boots.

I tried a couple of other pairs in the same store (one was labelled skinny, the other super skinny) and those styles both fit great so I bought them. They bunch a little near the ankle because they're a bit too long, but I sometimes like that look (with court heels).

If you like it, wear it.

• 1 month later...

It's been a long while since I had a chance to get out and travel. But the opportunity presented itself today! I am actually writing about this while I travel. So there isn't much to report. The outfit 1) black aldo ankle boots 2) black ladies dress pants 3) white ladies dress shirt 4) grey ladies blazer/coat 5) black camera/sholder bag And now for some pics!

post-1352-0-90261500-1361726433_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-22453400-1361726448_thumb.jp

I think Mr. X has an amazing sense of his own casual fashion and I see it being something of a transition style before getting into more obvious "feminine" styling. The colors and fabrics seem fitting for his northern climate and will no doubt keep him warm which is important in Canada. Hundreds of members here, thousands of combinations! HappyinHeels

It's been a long while since I had a chance to get out and travel. But the opportunity presented itself today! I am actually writing about this while I travel. So there isn't much to report.

The outfit

1) black aldo ankle boots

2) black ladies dress pants

3) white ladies dress shirt

4) grey ladies blazer/coat

5) black camera/sholder bag

And now for some pics!

Not a bad attempt - keep developing your style.

I really like the cut of the trousers, and the jacket is the perfect shade of grey. As well as the contrasting styles of the casual jacket with the smart trousers I'd also be tempted to try bootcut jeans with that jacket or a more formal grey jacket with those trousers. The short-jacket look can be tricky, and you wear it better than me, but a longer smart grey coat (mini-skirt length) would look great also. These aren't criticisms, just the things I'd think of trying if it was me looking in the mirror. Keep up the great freestyling!

If you like it, wear it.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I have done a significant outing. I have been out though. But those were just for a quick drive to the corner store in heels and such. I don't fell the need to post aboput those.

Today I had several errands to run. So I figured I would put on some heels and get out there! As usual, my day went off without a hitch. My travels are becoming kinda "boring". By that I mean no one seems to give me, or my outfit, the time of day. Sometimes I wish someone would notice or say something. I would love to spend some time discussing my outfit or their's! I would love to enlighten a few people about "what we do". But enough rambling.

For my outfit I chose the following.

1) brown Aldo knee boots with chunky heel

2) Guess jeans

3) red t-shirt

4) black jacket

5) black shoulder bag

Here is a pic of the outfit. Colmments and suggestions always welcome!

post-1352-0-97386200-1365203851_thumb.jp

Looking cool Mr. X, a shoulder bag or t-shirt the same colour as the boots would work really well too (though I do like the flash of red). Or a matching brown scarf or even a hat if you like that sort of thing?

If you like it, wear it.

Here we go again! With the weather warming up here I figured I would get another travel in. Not sure how many boot wearing opportunities I will have left before they are put away for spring and summer. I don't have much to report as I am writing this on my travels. This cafe is my first stop of the day before I run my few errands. So lets just get to the meat and potatoes of this thing.........The outfit and pics! The outfit 1) black knee boots with stiletto heel 2) dark wash blue jeans 3) green t-shirt 4) black jacket 5) black shoulder bag And here is a couple of pics. One with bag and one without. Enjoy! Comments and suggestions always welcome.

post-1352-0-95951200-1365348942_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-60162600-1365349429_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mr. X: That outfit is fabulous, especially those boots which are drool inducing! Please, tell us more about them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Mr. X: That outfit is fabulous, especially those boots which are drool inducing! Please, tell us more about them!

Pretty sure I talked about them here before. But here's what I got. The brand is "diba" and the heel measures 4 1/2 ". I believe I purchased them at "Winners" here in canada for around $50 or so.

Pretty sure I talked about them here before. But here's what I got. The brand is "diba" and the heel measures 4 1/2 ". I believe I purchased them at "Winners" here in canada for around $50 or so.

Well, those are certainly some of the best boots I've seen in quite some time. Bravo for you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Mr. X: That outfit is fabulous, especially those boots which are drool inducing!

Well, those are certainly some of the best boots I've seen in quite some time. Bravo for you!

I could not agree with JeffB any more. Great look (but then I'm a sucker for stiletto boots over jeans).

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hello Mr. X. This are nice boots. I have the same boots. I gotten them from DSW about a year ago. I have them in black and white. Please see pics. Sorry but I can't find a pic with the white boots.

Carlypost-2852-0-88626300-1365461203_thumb.jppost-2852-0-48924100-1365461246_thumb.jppost-2852-0-36495700-1365461275_thumb.jp