Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

Very nice coat & boots, Mr. X! I like the style of the coat, and I adore black, as it's one of my favorite colors. You certainly rocked your style. Glad you had fun with it!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Mr. X:-) Dare I say it? That coat really looks great with the jeans and boots. That is the type of heel and height that I look for when looking to buy heeled knee boots for streetheeling. I still haven't worn my jeans inside of my boots yet as they are all boot-cut and aren't sleek enough to look right that way. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

I had some errands to run today on my day off from work. I did not get out in heels unfortunately. But I did manage to get in some shoe shopping.

Aldo is quickly becoming one of my favorite stores for shoes. There is not a lot of decent options in our town. I use to think it was really high class and pricey. And to some extent it still is. But with all the sales they have going on lately it is quite the opposite. You can find some decent shoes at a decent price if you know what you are doing in there. Plus the sales staff know me in there now and they treat me like any other customer. Today was no exception.

Usually there is just one or at most two staff members when I have gone in there. But today there was 3. They were rearranging the store for some higher ups or something like that. So the store was kinda in disarray. Plus it was a lot busier than usually. But that makes sense as it was mid afternoon. I usually go there not long after opening when I know it will be less busy.

I found 2 pairs I liked on the sales table almost right away and they had been marked down nearly 50%. I asked for one and or the other in my size. Now normally when they have sale stuff it is very rare that they have any left in my size.

While they were fetching my shoes a decent looking younger blond women walked in. I over heard her talking to some of the other sales staff. They were talking about getting some shoes for a red dress that she had bought. Definitely a womens conversation for sure.

To my surprise my sales women returned with both pairs I wanted in my size. I tried on the first pair. As long as they fit I knew I was buying both pair even before I tried them on. Pair number one fit great. Even though the store was a little busy I was strutting around and using the mirrors without a care in the world. I was strutting and posing a little longer than usual as I was on a high.

As I sat back down to take of the first pair the young blond comes strutting by me in her pair to use one of the mirrors. I definitely lost my focus for a while....lol. As she was using the mirror she said she felt like she was going to fall over and that she wasn't very good in heels. Inside I was chuckling to myself and thinking "rookie". After she mentioned that she probably would not take them I had to speak up. I said "that's too bad they are nice though'. She thanked me as she went back to her seat. That was my "ticket in".

I put on my second pair and they fit great as well. I knew I was taking them but I headed to the mirror again. As I was standing there posing the blond said "I think I am trying on the same shoes as you only in a different color. Then when her shoes arrived she said to the girl "these are the same ones he is trying on only his are black. I may not have typed the conversation word for word but it is pretty close.

I was basically ready to go but the blond was still in the store. And I was having so much fun I didn't wanna leave. So I asked for the size up in the second pair "just in case". Not long after that the blond left. That was the only downer. I really wanted to talk to her some more and maybe even carry on our conversation "outside the store" If you know what I mean.

But I did manage to leave the store with two nice pairs of shoes costing me less than $80 for both pairs. It was definitely one of my more enjoyable outings eve though I wasn't out in heels at all.

Here are some links to the shoes. I also posted these in the new shoes thread.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/pumps/platform/78306798-rhiane/96

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/sandals/evening/78217613-debellis/96

Nice shoes! It sounds like you had a grand time buying them. What kind of outfit will you wear with your new shoes?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Nice shoes!

It sounds like you had a grand time buying them. What kind of outfit will you wear with your new shoes?

I did have a grand time. I haven't had a chance to put together outfits yet.

I like the Debellis. Not a big platform fan so the others are not my personal cup of tea, but those d'orsy pumps are sweet!

I am not usually a platform fan either. But sometimes the platform is barely noticeable and doesn't detract from the rest of the shoe. Such as in this case. plus for $30 I wasn't going to complain...lol

I loved Mr. X's shoe store story (say that real fast) and it hammers home an important point. Mr. X had a great time trying on heels in the store, was treated with equal attention by the store's saleslady, and the woman trying the same shoe in a different color next to him did NOT freak out but noted his same choice of shoe. Walk with confidence into the store if you are thinking of heeling while shopping and assert yourself as a consumer of high heels as you deal with different shoe stores and you'll be amazed at the results. That's the fundamental reason this site is here: TO PROMOTE THE ENJOYMENT OF WEARING HIGH HEELS BY MEN AND WOMEN ALIKE THROUGH MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING AND COMMUNICATION ALL OVER THE WORLD. HappyinHeels:nervous::):wave:

Congratulations on your two new pairs of high heels. It sounds like you had a fun shopping trip. It is so much fun trying on pairs of high heels in stores and watching everyone's reactions. And it is really cool when you get positive reactions and comments from on-lookers. Have fun with your new high heels and keep the posts coming.

• 1 month later...

Well seeing as how I am Mr. X, and I traveled last night, I figured it was time for a post. I enjoy music. So Saturday nights I can usually be found at one of the local bar/clubs enjoying some live music. I noticed that there was a band playing that had played there before. They must have been passing through town again on there way back home. I enjoyed them the first time so I was ready for round 2. Now for the big question, What to wear? Most of the time when I go out I wear some kind of boots under pants. But tonight I really wanted to try boots over my pants. I spent a good couple of hours trying things on and researching pics on the internet for inspiration and advice. I also did not want to go too far out of my comfort zone. I finally settled on an outfit and tweaked it just a bit before I left. Now usually when I wear my boots under pants I can go out now without even thinking about it. And I have no reservations what so ever. But as soon as you "step it up" or change something in your appearance it is almost like you go back to day 1 again. I was definitely more nervous than usual. I sat in my car just a bit longer before going in. And once inside I sat at a table. It definitely took me a little while longer before I had the courage to get up and "mingle" so to speak. But once I got over the initial hurdles things were A-okay. I must say I had a good time as I always do. And the night went off without a hitch. I was actually hoping for some interaction or comments on my outfit tonight but I got nothing. The night was so dry conversation wise that the only only comment I got was from the lead singer of the band who remembered me from there last gig there. He asked how there performance was going and I gave him a thumbs up. Well that's about it lets get to some pics. Pic number 1 is the outfit as I intended to wear it. -dark skinny jeans -brown over the knee boots -grey t-shirt -brown wide belt Pic number 2 is the outfit as I actually wore it. It is the same minus the belt. I figured I was already pushing it with boots and the belt might "put it over the top" But now I am kinda regretting not wearing the belt. Oh well. There is always next time. So enjoy. And comments and suggestions are always welcome.

post-3002-133522922222_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522922228_thumb.jpg

Yo, Mr. X! Bravo on that outfit you wore! It was really sharp! Loved the wide belt, it really added some pizazz to your outfit! Great job!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hope you are joining us sept 10/11 in Toronto for the Heel/Boot Meet?

David

I would like to do something like that in the future. But that is a definite no. But thanks for asking.

Yo, Mr. X! Bravo on that outfit you wore! It was really sharp! Loved the wide belt, it really added some pizazz to your outfit! Great job!

As I mentioned in my post Jeff, I did not end up wearing the belt.

Very nice boots and outfit. I like your outfit better without the belt, but that's just me. Which do you prefer?

I like the outfit both ways. It is definitely more plain without the belt. But maybe that is why I blend in so much when I go out. And that is probably why I don't get the reactions or comments that we sometimes want. I prefer to dress a little more "average" and not so 'outrageous."

But I think next time I would definitely wear the belt. It seems to me from my travels that people can handle 1 item of dress that is "outside the norm." But it gets "dicey" when you have 2 or 3 in the same outfit. Plus going to clubs, like many of my outings are, definitely helps. Not only is it a little darker inside. But people are dressed up as well so you tend to see some things that are "different." Or in other words the dress code is a lot more free and relaxed and people tend to dress how they want. Also, I get to see many gorgeous women dressed in some spectacular heels that we all love.

It kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George tries to combine sex, food, and tv. Only for me it music, high heels, and women....lol

• 1 month later...

Time for another travel story. I had a day off today so i decided it was time for some Mr. X time. My outfit of choice today was a pair of blue jeans, dark brown t-shirt, beige jacket and lighter brown over the jeans boots with a chunky heel(pics later).

My first stop was Aldo which is fast becoming my favorite place to shop for heels. Most of the staff know me there now and I always get great service. I use to think Aldo was upscale and expensive. And it still can be. But if you only shop the sales there you will get some nice shoes at low prices. Today was no exception.

I arrived early in the morning maybe 1 hour after opening. I like going then as it is usually less busy and I can get more personal service with the staff. I walked in and one of the regular ladies was there as well as one I didn't recognize. I later found out it was here second day. She was a somewhat taller blonde girl. She was quite a looker. I was happy to be getting service from here today. Plus I wanted to "break in the new girl" so to speak. The whole time she wasn't fazed at all and treated me as well as any staff member in there.

They have a rack in there with reduced shoes at 30% off reduced prices but to my luck they were now 50% off. I found a pair of sandals that I had though about in the past but the price was still up there for me. Not anymore! They were marked down to $60 with 50%c off of that. Luckily the display shoe was my size. I tried it on and it fit so I asked for the other one to try on together. They fit well. I admired them in the mirror even though I new I was taking them. I was the only one in the store almost the entire time so I paraded in them a little longer than normal. I finally decided to take them. As the new girl was ringing me up This is when I found out it was only her second day. I told her that she would be seeing alot of me as I paid and left. In hindsight I wish I would have told her my name and then she would have told me hers. Oh well, next time. I was still happy to be leaving with a new pair of shoes for $30. Sweet!

The rest of the day was spent window shopping various stores including Future Shop. The Canadian equivalent of Best Buy. I like looking at the latest tech and gadgets. Plus I'm always on the hunt for music and movies for my ever expanding music/movie collection.

All in all I had a great time. And the world did not come to an end just because of what I was wearing. Although sometimes I wish it would. I would love to chat up someone about what I am wearing or what they are wearing. Or have them chat up me. But beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Anyhow, Here is a pic of what I wore, as well as a link to the shoes I bought. Comments as always are welcome.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/clearance/womens-sandals/heels/78174772-vadenais/34

post-3002-133522924598_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522924604_thumb.jpg

Exciting, productive and uneventful. Just like all of our outings should be. Very tastefully dressed and I'm not surprised that you didn't get any reaction. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 9 months later...

Well today the weather was nice, and I had a day off from work, so I decided to travel. For my outfit I chose a somewhat edgier or rocker inspired look. Blue jeans, a grey t-shirt with rocker inspired designs on it, A bracelet/cuff on each arm, and my new sandals. Here is a weblink to a picture of the sandals. As well as a thread I started regarding them.

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20300897_20296661_20655118,00.html

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/19971-want_input_info_my_latest_purchase.html

Most of my travel was day to day errands that needed to get done. But of course I also had to make a stop at Aldo. It is now one of my favorite shoe stores. I think I am vast becoming one of their best customers. And my favorite sales lady was working. She always gives me great customer service. And makes me feel right at home when I shop there. And she is usually very eager to sell me something....lol

Many of their reduced sandals were an extra 30% off today. But unfortunately there wasn't much I liked. The one pair I did try on looked better on the shelf than they did on my feet. They also had some other reduced shoes that I assume were end of the lines or remaining stock kinda deal. Plus they were an additional 50% off. That is were I spotted my purchase(pics to follow). I tried them on and they fit great. They felt and were really high.(just the way I like em) And they looked sexy as hell on my feet. They were reduced to $50. And with the 50% off I scored them for $25!

One of my other for me time stops was a local thrift shop. That is where I spotted my second purchase of the day. I spotted this pair right off. They were like brand new. And the price was right at $15.

I am at home still smiling as I write this. Not only was my day uneventful. I got 2 new pairs of shoes for only $40. The only thing that would have made the day better was If someone had said something to me while I was out. I would love to chat up someone regarding my outfit or there's. But I guess I can't complain.

Anyhow! Feel free to comment. And here is a link to pics of the shoes that I purchased which I posted in the new shoes thread. Enjoy!

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/9231-who_has_bought_some_new_shoes-355.html#post281194

And here is a pic of the outfit I wore.

post-3002-133522946592_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The weather was nice today and I had a day off from work. I had some errands to run, banking and such, so I decided to combine it into a Mr. X day. First I made sure all of my planned errands were taken care of. Once those were out of the way it was all about Mr. X.

My outfit was actually very basic at first other than the heels. But on my travels I picked up some items and basically added to my outfit on the fly.

First stop was Aldo. Always a stop on a Mr. X day. Of course my favorite sales associate was working which is always nice. I wasn't in there very long. I didn't see much I liked. Plus she was busy with some shipment or something.

After that I went to a couple of the local thrift shops. I needed some shirts for my outfits. Most of my shirts I have now don't really complete my outfits and they don't go with many of my heels. I can dress my bottom half ok but I don't really have much in my closet to make a good top half. I managed to find a couple of tops.

After leaving I changed in my car into one of the shirts I bought. my outfit instantly looked better. So off to my next stop. Another clothing store, "Winners", for those that live in Canada. The store is for men and women, but it is definitely geared more to the women. I was in there just long enough to purchase a ladies belt. It was the final piece of my outfit puzzle. My outfit was totally good to go now. Last stop was Future Shop. It is the Canadian version of Best Buy. Gadgets and Audio/Video are my thing. So even if I don't buy anything there I am happy when I leave. But I usually end up walking out with something. Not today unfortunately.

Finally I headed home to document and take pics of the journey. Enjoy!

Here is a link to the shoes I wore today.

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/9231-who_has_bought_some_new_shoes-329.html#post271666

And here are a few pics. The first one is the shirt itself because it doesn't show to well in the other shots. It is almost military inspired. And the other pics are the entire outfit as it was when I arrived home after changing into some of my purchases. Heels, ladies jeans, brown belt, ladies top, and some bangles/wrist cuffs Enjoy!

post-3002-133522947703_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522947708_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522947715_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522947723_thumb.jpg

Nice casual outfit, those pretty sandals make all the difference, and look so cool and fresh to wear on a warm sunny day. I also find it difficult to coordinate my top half with my heels, but I try to find looks that accentuate my hips and waist while slimming down my broad shoulders so they don't look so top-heavy in relation to my heels. I like the way your shirt nips in at the waist, that makes for a really nice silhouette with the heels. It sounds like you had a great day shopping. Thanks for sharing.

If you like it, wear it.

• 1 month later...

The weather was suppose to get warm today but it was a little cooler in the morning. Perfect opportunity to go on a travel. I had a day off, and I had a few errands to run, banking and such. I decided to wear the shirt seen here. [urlhttp://www.hhplace.org/guys/12167-mr_x_s_travels-8.html#post282518 As for the bottoms. I was originally going to wear my white stretch jeans, but I decided to wear regular blue jeans instead. I am sitting here wishing I had stuck with the white ones. Oh well! There is always next time. And for the shoes I choose my "fioni" 4 inch flat black stillettos. I managed to get all my errands done. And the whole day went off without a hitch. I also managed to stop in at Aldo for a little Mr. X time. My favorite sales girl was working but she was busy with stock or something. Plus I didn't see much I liked, so I wasn't in there very long. A nice uneventful travel for me. I just wish I could have chatted someone up about my outfit or there's. Now on to the pics! First one is the outfit as I intended to wear it. With the white pants. The other pics are the outfit as I wore it with the blue jeans, both front and back. Enjoy! Comments and suggestions welcome.

post-3002-133522951442_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522951445_thumb.jpg

post-3002-13352295145_thumb.jpg

Mr. X: Two thumbs up on your most recent outings. You certain do have quite a fine sense of style that shows in the outfits you've worn. Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sure the blue jeans look good but the black and white effect with the white jeans looks very sharp and stylish. I think there's nothing like a really nice sunny day to give that white jeans feeling (here it was a rainy 13°C a couple of days ago and everyone seemed to be wearing their dark autumn/winter wear).

If you like it, wear it.

Mr. X,

Congratulations on your outing. I really like the black & white combo with your stiletto high heels. It looks very stylish and I'm sure is very comfortable. The jeans combo is nice, too. The black shirt, white pants, and black high heels just seemed to stand out for me.

Mr. X,

I really like the black & white combo with your stiletto high heels. It looks very stylish and I'm sure is very comfortable. The jeans combo is nice, too. The black shirt, white pants, and black high heels just seemed to stand out for me.

I like it too! I definitely plan to give that outfit a travel in the future.

I also like the black and white combo. I wear black and white often in the summer. I also reverse the colors with black jeans and white polo shirt with my Naturalizer white open toe mules with a 3" block heel for that combo, I recently wore this combo and was showing off my red polished toes. Had a couple of compliments from cashiers at Walgreen's and a supermarket. Keep on posting those pictures. bluejay