The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

TBG: Thanks for the kind words. I keep saying I'm going to invest in more jewelry but haven't gotten around to that yet, but I will. Ditto on the glasses, that's also a good idea. Meanwhile, it's one thing to get rained on which I don't like, but quite another to get rained on when it's muggy as sin. YUCK! I'm glad you enjoyed your restaurant outing, sounds like you had fun.

heelsrus2000: No reason to feel self-conscious unless you have a reason to feel that way. Always dress appropriately for your surroundings and have fun.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

13 hours ago, JeffB said:

TBG: Thanks for the kind words. I keep saying I'm going to invest in more jewelry but haven't gotten around to that yet, but I will. Ditto on the glasses, that's also a good idea. Meanwhile, it's one thing to get rained on which I don't like, but quite another to get rained on when it's muggy as sin. YUCK! I'm glad you enjoyed your restaurant outing, sounds like you had fun.

heelsrus2000: No reason to feel self-conscious unless you have a reason to feel that way. Always dress appropriately for your surroundings and have fun.

I didn't mind the stocking tops being seen, it was just the slit in my skirt was high and the skirt is one of those you have to keep pulling down when you've walked a few metres... but asidd from that, it was okay :) 

20 hours ago, JeffB said:

Nice looking ensemble, JeffB. It looks great on you!

Tonight I went our wearing my white mini skirt, with a raspberry colored polo shirt, my new Michael Kors, "Damita" wedge heel, front zip sandals, 4-1/2" heels and a 1" platform, in a raspberry color. I also carried a Vera Bradley, matching cross body bag, in the raspberry color, that matched my shoes and shirt perfectly. Got a few compliments on my outing, tonight.

I like to wear lots of jewelry. Necklace, matching bracelet and matching anklet, with several finger rings. Adds a lot of pizsass to an ensemble, IMO. I don't have to wear glasses yet, but I do have women's sun glasses that, I wear out in the bright sunlight.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

On 8/2/2016 at 6:45 PM, heelsrus2000 said:

I didn't mind the stocking tops being seen, it was just the slit in my skirt was high and the skirt is one of those you have to keep pulling down when you've walked a few metres... but asidd from that, it was okay :) 

Hmm! Perhaps you might want to double check your appearance before going out so you don't encounter any....complications.

On 8/3/2016 at 1:30 AM, bluejay said:

Nice looking ensemble, JeffB. It looks great on you!

Tonight I went our wearing my white mini skirt, with a raspberry colored polo shirt, my new Michael Kors, "Damita" wedge heel, front zip sandals, 4-1/2" heels and a 1" platform, in a raspberry color. I also carried a Vera Bradley, matching cross body bag, in the raspberry color, that matched my shoes and shirt perfectly. Got a few compliments on my outing, tonight.

I like to wear lots of jewelry. Necklace, matching bracelet and matching anklet, with several finger rings. Adds a lot of pizsass to an ensemble, IMO. I don't have to wear glasses yet, but I do have women's sun glasses that, I wear out in the bright sunlight.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words. Sounds like you struck quite the colorful appearance. Even better that you got compliments as well. Good for you! As for jewelry, I need to invest in more than I currently have, however, I do have women's sunglasses that I enjoy wearing.

Jaunt #325, 8/6/2016: Seeing that I hadn't worn a proper pair of heels since early June, and since I'm still on my current sandal fetish, I satisfied both urges by wearing my newest acquisitions, the Payless "Summer" sandals in white with a four inch, espadrille styled wedge heel. Cute, stylish and comfortable, I paired them with a brown, v-neck t-shirt, a tan pencil skirt and a white handbag to match with the shoes. Once again, the advantage of wearing a light, airy skirt on a sunny and hot day couldn't have been more plain as it kept me nice and cool during my outing, my first stop was to the man branch of the Post Office to buy a money order, after a ten minute wait in line, I made my purchase, filled it out and mailed it off, then I headed off into South Jersey for the first time in a few weeks, as it was close to lunch, I headed to Boston Market where I enjoyed their pulled BBQ chicken carver sandwich with a bottle of water. Mighty tasty if I do say so myself.

From there, I headed to the nearby multiplex at Moorestown Mall, arriving just in time to catch a showing of the latest superhero movie, or rather, in this case, super villain movie, Suicide Squad. I had to wait in line over five minutes and I did get a few stares here and there from both passerby and people waiting in line for tickets, but, nothing more than stares, as for the movie itself, I went in with low expectations, still, it was pretty decent, Jared Leto's performance as the Joker was spot on I thought. The lobby of the multiplex was crowded to the max when I left the theater, so I got some more stares, still, that sort of this was to be expected and, for the most part, I'm used to the looks, to some, the sight of a man in women's clothing is considered odd, I get that. My last stop of the day was to the nearby Best Buy, but I didn't buy any movies, rather, I purchased a battery charger and rechargeable AA batteries for my remotes. After nearly two months, it certainly felt good to be wearing true heels again, and my passion for sandals remains strong as summer continues. More to come....

summer.jpg

Jaunt #325, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #325, outfit-2.jpg

It seem that I have to keep repeating myself but... Great outfit JeffB!  You really do have a great eye for putting an outfit together.  The brown belt really makes the combination work.

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

I got some more stares, still, that sort of this was to be expected and, for the most part, I'm used to the looks, to some, the sight of a man in women's clothing is considered odd, I get that.

Could it have been that you were the best dressed person in the the area that got the attention?  Being a guy dressed as a gal probably had something to do with the attention, but I'll bet that wasn't the only factor.

I don't remember if you wear your glasses out and about but a different style frame would complement the image you present.  It looks like the prices at Zenni Optical have increases by $10 across the board but they are still inexpensive.  Here is my suggestion: Glasses.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Corrected link to glasses
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

49 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

I don't remember if you wear your glasses out and about but a different style frame would complement the image you present.  It looks like the prices at Zenni Optical have increases by $10 across the board but they are still inexpensive.  Here is my suggestion: Glasses.

I sure hope that this style is coming back into style! The "Buddy Holly" style that has been popular for a number of years just isn't for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Perhaps I was the best dressed person in the area! Far be it for me to deny the all to obvious! HA! And since that was my 325th outing, it's time for....NUMBERS!!!

2008: 10
2009: 42
2010: 28
2011: 61
2012: 34
2013: 33
2014: 45
2015: 46
2016: 26 (as of 8/6/2016)

SKIRTS: 241 (above knee-165, below knee-55, at knee-21)
JEANS: 63 (tucked-39, untucked-24)
SKORTS: 9
DRESSES: 6
CAPRIS: 4
PANTS: 1
LONG SWEATERS: 1

PAYLESS SHOES 195
OTHER SHOES: 130
BOOTS: 111 (knee-64, thigh-45, ankle-2)
PUMPS (including wedges): 99
LOAFERS: 37
SANDALS (including wedges): 32
FLATS (including wedges): 24
SLIDES (including wedges): 22

PERCENTAGES
SKIRTS: 74.4
JEANS: 19.3
SKORTS: 2.7
DRESSES: 1.8
CAPRIS: 1.2
PANTS: 0.3
LONG SWEATERS: 0.3

BOOTS: 34.2
PUMPS: 30.5
LOAFERS: 11.3
SANDALS: 9.9
FLATS: 7.3
SLIDES: 6.8

• Like 1

JeffB,

That's a lot of figures to keep track of. I wouldn't have time to put that all together. I don't keep any type of records on what I wear out. I just know that I like to wear heels, and other women's things, much better than wearing dull and boring men's clothing and footwear. That's why we are here at HHP. BTW, I like your latest ensemble that you wore this weekend.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

bluejay: What can I say? I'm a nut for numbers, that came from my years in the Navy where my job required me to inventory stuff and do lots of counting, so numbers were important to me, and remain so today. Besides, this is fun for me!  :-P

Well, if I can chime in here, I appreciate what BOTH of you have done to serve our country. Freedom isn't free, so I am grateful for what you've done to protect my freedom, including my freedom to wear heels. Not that I planned it this way, but I do happen, by coincidence, to be wearing NAVY sandals - White Mountain Shoes' "Terrace" sandals with 3.5" dark cherry faux wood grain heels!

Thanks again!

Steve

White Mountain Terrace Navy.jpg

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 1

JeffB;

The numbers are great but they give a misleading picture.  Try running the numbers for just 2016 and I think it will give a completely different picture of what your wearing and point out that your thigh boot wearing has been woefully neglected. :penitent:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 8/15/2016 at 0:40 PM, Thighbootguy said:

JeffB;

The numbers are great but they give a misleading picture.  Try running the numbers for just 2016 and I think it will give a completely different picture of what your wearing and point out that your thigh boot wearing has been woefully neglected. :penitent:

Hmm! You may have a point there. I'll see about correcting that oversight come fall.  :-P

Jaunt #326, 8/22/2016: The one thing about summer that I don't particularly like is how the extreme heat that visits every so often makes me so lazy, I don't want to go on any jaunts, with seemingly every day over the last two plus weeks in the 90's with gagging humidity, I just couldn't muster the energy for an outing until today as a cold front that blew through yesterday with rain and a thunderstorm in spots knocked down the temps to something more manageable for an outing today as I headed out in a blue tank top, a 19 inch white denim pencil skirt from Old Navy, the Payless "Stacey" low wedge sandals in white and a bag to match.

Now, in the sake of full disclosure, I must admit that I felt a wee bit of anxiety going out in a white skirt, something I had only done once before, and that was something like three or four years ago, there's two reasons for that, one, it stands out (like I should worry about that), two, I worried about getting it dirty, still, like practically every skirt I've worn over the past several years, it looked good on me, so I was eager to take it on a spin. Meanwhile, my summer passion for shoes I once swore I'd never wear continued unabated, last summer it was my fling for those "O'Malley" platform slides which I fell in love with, this year, it's my craze for sandals, especially flat (or relatively flat) sandals, and the Stacey shoes with their cute styling and 1 1/2 inch wedge heels that attracted my attention and have been at the head of the queue. As for the outing, I headed west into Springfield, my first stop being to Home Depot to buy some weed killer to keep my small front yard from being choked with that crap which is always a pain in my neck at this time of year, from there, I went to the nearby Acme next door to buy a couple of odds and ends, then to Arby's not too far away for lunch. The longer I was out and about, the more relaxed and at ease I felt, particularly after I left I left that fast food joint with my skirt unsoiled.

After I ate, it was off to center city where I haven't been on a jaunt for awhile. It took nearly half an hour to find a parking spot, after I did, I headed to Rittenhouse Square Park to chill out for a time with my nook e-reader. While at a corner waiting on the light, a twentysomething young lady looked me up and down, grinned, then said, "I'm sorry to stare, but you've got great legs. Heck, you look better in that skirt than some women I know. And I love your sandals!" I grinned back and thanked her before we went our separate ways. It had been some time since I had been complimented on my attire, and today, I got perhaps THE ultimate compliment, that I looked better in a skirt than a woman. Wow! That was something! Once again, I guess that meant I did something right, that presentation was good enough to warrant that sort of compliment. It makes everything I do, all the time and trouble I put into looking my best for my outings worthwhile. What that young lady said stuck with me the whole time I was in the park, let me state that everyone reading my words should do the same, work as hard as you can to look top notch, it'll be worth it in the end. More to come....

Jaunt #326, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #326, outfit-2.jpg

JeffB;

The white skirt looks great and the white bag adds balance to the whole look.  I will admit when I read you description of your outfit (without scrolling down to the pictures) I thought a white skirt would be too much contrast to your skin tone but I was wrong and it looks great.  I'd even suggest a white light weight blazer with the blue top to enhance to look.

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

The one thing about summer that I don't particularly like is how the extreme heat that visits every so often makes me so lazy, I don't want to go on any jaunts

It is amazing how well couch potatoes thrive in conditions of high temperature and humidity. :penitent:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JeffB said:

I headed west into Springfield, my first stop being to Home Depot to buy some weed killer to keep my small front yard...

Jeff,

You're going about it the wrong way. Don't use poisons. Get a pair of these and stomp the weeds to death. Much more fun!

PG.NWMASTIC.JJC78LE.RZ.jpg

That's why they call them "killer heels!"

LOL

Steve

• Like 2

On Tuesday, August 02, 2016 at 9:50 AM, JeffB said:
18 hours ago, JeffB said:

Jaunt #326, 8/22/2016: ...

After I ate, it was off to center city where I haven't been on a jaunt for awhile. It took nearly half an hour to find a parking spot, after I did, I headed to Rittenhouse Square Park to chill out for a time with my nook e-reader. While at a corner waiting on the light, a twentysomething young lady looked me up and down, grinned, then said, "I'm sorry to stare, but you've got great legs. Heck, you look better in that skirt than some women I know. And I love your sandals!" I grinned back and thanked her before we went our separate ways. It had been some time since I had been complimented on my attire, and today, I got perhaps THE ultimate compliment, that I looked better in a skirt than a woman. Wow! 

Jaunt #326, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #326, outfit-2.jpg

Looks fantastic, Jeff! I have been avoiding white skirts for the same reason :P  I do have a khaki pencil skirt but that's as daring as I'm going to go :silly: 

For some reason the reply function is not working so excuse the re post or quote. 

You do look great in your ensembles, a look I am working towards as well.

Lookingforward to your next jaunt :) 

• Like 1

Great look JeffB!!!!!!!!!!!.

I like wearing white skirts and white shorts which I've been wearing a lot this summer. Yes, you have to watch yourself while wearing white, but I love the combo with brightly colored tops in royal blue, red, fuchsia and several other colors that I have. I get lots of compliments from the ladies, especially wearing white heels or white sandals. Sometimes I like to match my shoe color with the color of my top, I'm wearing. And yes, I always carry my cross body bag in a color to match my shoes.

Keep up the great looks.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

TBG: Thanks for the kind words. I've probably said this before, but I do a great deal of experimenting with tops, skirts and shoes and take notes on outfits I put together. As for a blazer to match the skirt, I'll see if I can find one, but, with Labor Day getting closer, I might have to save that for next year. Lastly, being a couch potato can be fun! HA!

Steve63130: A co-worker would call such shoes "Roach Killers" because the pointed toes are effective in skewering the little buggers, especially in corners. Heh!

heelsrus2000: Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated. Wearing white can be rather adventurous. I strongly recommend it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.

bluejay: Thanks for the kind words. The key to wearing a white skirt is a brightly colored top. I don't have one in fuchsia, but I'll see about finding one.

Thanks for the kind words, Mr. X. Much appreciated.

Jaunt #327, 8/26/2016: I really don't know why it is, but every time I've visited the Philadelphia Art Museum on a jaunt, I've dressed up for the outing. I guess I feel the need to need to look classy for when I immerse myself in culture, and today's trip there was no different as I wore a satiny black top with embellishment on the sleeves, a knee length, black printed skirt, a black handbag, my strand of pearls and the Payless "Karen" peep-toe pumps. Beyond the fact this was the first time I've worn pumps in goodness knows when (and I'll admit it felt a tad strange after weeks of slides and sandals), this was the very first time I've worn peep-toe shoes, but the combination of that, the ornament on top and the four inch heels made those shoes a delight to wear because of their snazzy styling. All together, it made for a dynamic ensemble I enjoyed wearing. As I've stated in another thread, I look great in women's clothes, and today's outfit was further verification of that claim.

I arrived in the museum parking garage at eleven a.m. sharp, and once inside the building, I saw right away there was a considerable crowd, especially kids what with their being on vacation, yet no one gave me the time of day as I waited in line to buy my ticket. Even though I've been in the museum several times now, I never failed to be amazed with the incredible works of art I see there, American, European (going back to the 1100's), Asian, contemporary, and my favorite area, the hall of armor and weapons, I find that to be particularly cool. Going from area to area, passing by young and old, getting not even a glance, I enjoyed all the sights at a casual pace, I even chatted for a couple of minutes with an older couple about a large piece of art from the 1700's where the artist himself was part of the scenery. The only problem with being at the museum is that it's practically impossible to see everything in just one visit, even after a four hour stay, but, I find that to be a good thing as that gives me an excuse to go back to see more, and to dress up for the trip like I had today. More to come....

karen.jpg

Jaunt #327, outfit-1.jpg

Jaunt #327, outfit-2.jpg

• Like 1

Again well done JeffB! Even though I have been following your adventures for years and I have some idea what to expect when I scroll down the page to see your pictures, my first impression today was not a guy dressed as a woman, rather, I saw a middle aged woman.  I recognized you face as JeffB, but when you presented yourself to a stranger it might take them a while to recognize that they weren't seeing a female.  I repeat, well done JeffB, the outfit looks great..

I really am glad you are enjoying the museum.  I haven't been over to the Cincinnati museum for a long tome and I will have to remedy that situation.

• Like 2

It's a nice skirt but with the top and necklace I too saw a woman with short natural hair. I think the pencil skirts in denim / khaki give off a better look as a guy.

Still, looking forward to your next jaunt :cheeky:

Edited by heelsrus2000
  • Like 1

TBG: Well, that was an interesting observation, seeing me as a middle aged woman in that outfit I wore. Anyhoo, thanks for the kind words.

heelsrus2000: Denim is okay, but I like to wear dressy skirts from time to time as I don't worry about what looks good or not on guys.

Jaunt #328, 8/27/2016: I feel that every outing I undertake is a new chance to practice my version of self-expression as a fashion freestyler, not to mention experimenting with different sort of looks to see what works and what doesn't. Even though it was a wee bit sticky and humid, I still went out, garbed in a black tank top, a printed crinkle skirt, my latest footwear acquisition, the Payless "Tawny" crossband slides and a black handbag. The new shoes with their three inch wedge heels were stylish, comfortable and, like the O'Malley slides, were easy to wear and comfortable to stand and walk in. Hard to believe that just a few short years ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing slides, now they're a big part of my summer footwear routine. Meanwhile, the top and skirt made for a good combination that was enjoyable to wear.

My first stop of the day was to convenience store for a newspaper and a Powerball ticket, the person who waited on me, an Asian woman in her late twenties who said she liked my necklace, I smiled and thanked her. From there, I headed to my favorite downtown hangout, Rittenhouse Square Park, as usual, the place was packed on a sunny late Saturday morning and I wandered through until I found a bench under a shady tree where I sat and read my paper while people came and went, as usual, it felt good to be treated like every other person who was enjoying the nice weather in the park, proof of acceptance for my presentation, and that's certainly a good thing as far as I was concerned. After an hour spent reading and enjoying the surroundings, I returned to my car and drove over into South Jersey, stopping at a multiplex across from the Cherry Hill Mall where I took in the latest Jason Statham actioner, Mechanic: Resurrection which wasn't too terribly bad. Other than getting a couple of stares from young kids, it was an uneventful trip to the movies.

From there, I went to Moorestown as I had a hankering for a Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sammich, even though the lines were long at the store, it was worth waiting for, and more as that's tasty stuff indeed. Other that a couple more looks here and there, I wasn't bothered while I ate. My last stop of the day was to Barnes & Noble for a little quiet time, as I approached the store, a black lady a little older than me coming out the store smiled and said, "That's a pretty skirt, young man. You wear it well." Being called a young man was an even nicer compliment than the kind words on my skirt, I broke out in a big grin and thanked her. I would spend an hour in the store reading several football magazines while nomming on an oversized cookie which was majorly delicious. All in all, it was yet another enjoyable outing, but then, that's par for the course, though I never take anything for granted, every chance I get to wear women's clothes in public is always fun and pleasurable. More to come....

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg