The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Shafted: I couldn't agree more! Those compliments did indeed validate the appropriateness of my outfit last night.

skirtedvik: Good idea! I'll see if I can find one.

Jaunt #151, 5/20/2012

After dining out last night in a dress, I thought I head out into the sunshine for a new jaunt today. Even better, I pushed the envelope yet again buy wearing---get ready for it---FLATS!! Yes, boys and girls, no heels today, and that was very much intentional as I had been eager to get my hands on a pair of flat shoes for jaunting and I found a nice pair on the Payless website:

http://www.payless.c...0_4_490x490.jpg

Those are the "Cori" flats with a 1 1/2" wedge heel, when I saw those shoes last week, I just HAD to have them, so I ordered a pair and was lucky that they came in 13 wide, and they were stylish and comfortable, so I paired them up for today's outing with a denim campshirt, my Old Navy 17 inch denim skirt and my Buxton Bag. Showing off my legs has become somewhat commonplace for me of late, and with temps reaching into the high 70's, it was a good day to wear a short skirt which made me feel quite cool. I headed back out to the western 'burbs where I stopped first at Best Buy, hopped out and went right in, earning a couple of stares from shoppers who entered with me. I spent the next thirty plus minutes goofing off and wandering the aisles before going to the check out line with the Blu-Ray version of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Just like last week, I felt airy in that skirt which was fun to wear, especially with my new shoes.

From there, it was off to Subway for lunch, unlike last week, I had the place all to myself for the most part, and here's where some delicious irony comes in. While I ate, a woman who looked to be a tad older than me walked in, and damned if she wasn't wearing the very same shoes I was, only she had pants on. I don't think she noticed me, or the fact I had on the same shoes, and that made me chuckle. After I finished, I left and headed down the road to the strip mall where Borders bookstore used to be and went to Hallmark to buy a birthday card for a co-worker, there were several people in the store, but no one paid me any attention, a nice thing, and I can't emphasize this enough: as long as you dress appropriately for whatever surroundings you happen to be in, chances are excellent you will manage to blend in. And that's why I longed to wear flats because, as I've observed, not even women wear heels ALL the time.

I see this as yet another sign of my continuing evolution as a freestyler as I went out of my way NOT to wear heels on an outing, and I still had fun!

post-154-0-17004900-1337547658_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-26757800-1337547659_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-36437100-1337547660_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-46708300-1337547661_thumb.jpg

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB- #150 was well done indeed! I was going to comment that I led the look with the blazer better than without bit I think skirtedvik has the right idea of a short jacket.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB, Great jaunts you had. You looked very stunning in your dress and heels. I also liked your flats you wore with your skirt. Flats do have a place in a wardrobe, as I have several pair of "Georgio Butini" men's designer shoes that look more like women's flats then men's shoes. Again Great looks! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 1

TBG: Yes, I do plan to search for a short blazer this weekend. I'm sure I can make that sort of look work. On the subject of blazers, I've worn gray and now black, since I wouldn't want to repeat myself on a future jaunt in my dress, I wonder what color would work best with a black dress? Hmm! Bluejay: Thanks for your kind words. I certainly felt great inside the whole time I had the dress on, and it was wondrous. Something tells me I won't wait for my 200th jaunt before I go out again in a dress! By the by, I had fun wearing those flats on Sunday. I'll be getting lots of mileage out of them this coming summer! rxrenesis: Thanks! I try as best I can to inspire others.

Edited by JeffB

Jeff,

New dress for your 200th Jaunt? :) Love the skirt in your most recent jaunt, I might get some flats soon :) Looking forward to your next instalment :)

Many thanks for the kind words! Most appreciated!

Look especially sharp and stylish Jeff, a great way to celebrate your 150th jaunt. I really like the length of the blazer falling on the hip which is very flattering. For sure give a shorter jacket a try too (they never seem to work for me but my legs are probably half the length of yours!). As for colours I tend to find a darker jacket over a lighter coloured dress (or skirt and top) tends to rebalance the proportions of relatively narrow hips to wider shoulders. It's not that I wouldn't wear a lighter jacket over a darker dress, just that the cut of the outfit becomes a lot more important to making it work. I really admire that you seem to grow in confidence with summer outfits, that's very inspiring as I tend to feel more comfortable in winter.

If you like it, wear it.

SleekHeels: Thanks for the suggestions. I found them useful and I'll try to utilize them. Wearing dresses and skirts is clearly a sign to me that it's no longer about just the shoes, rather, the entire outfit, and, at the risk of sounding vain, I love showing off my legs, something I can't do properly in jeans. Heh! As for confidence, as long as you have it, and flaunt it, it doesn't matter what the season might be, just go out there and do it!

Jaunt #152, 5/26/2012

Even though the forecast called for steamy, summer like temperatures, it would also be sunny, good enough conditions for a Saturday jaunt as I took my new Payless "Cori" flats for a second trip while wearing a blue campshirt, a new skirt I bought from Sears and a handbag. Given how most women dress down on weekends, I decided to follow their example, for the most part. Heh! I was especially eager to wear the new flats again as they were very comfortable, stylish and, yes, cute! And what self-respecting freestyler wouldn't want to wear cute shoes? As for the new skirt, it's a gauzy, black, 30 inch A-line with a matching half-slip like attachment beneath, and, like the shoes, it proved to be a lot of fun to wear. My first stop was to Starbucks to read a magazine, buy a cool beverage, and be seen. Even though there was quite a crowd in the place, no one paid me any attention as I got my order, sat in a chair and spent over thirty minutes there.

After that, it was off to center city and my favorite comic shop, as usual, finding a place to park proved time consuming and I wound up in a spot over a block away, no prob, again, it offered me a chance to be seen in my outfit, and, other than a trio of young black males who broke out laughing as they drove past, no one paid me any mind as I strolled to the shop, enjoying the soft swish of the skirt about my legs and the comfort of the shoes. I spent nearly half an hour in the comic shop, half that time yakking with the staff about The Avengers which I had seen last weekend and loved, as usual, they ignored what I wore. Then I left the store, walked up the block to a convenience store to play the lottery and buy a newspaper, then it was off to South Jersey. When I entered the Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall, I did get some glances from a few people here and there, but nothing more than that, I bought my order, ate while gazing through the sports section and left, simple as that.

My last stop of the day was the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent another half-hour plus in the dining area with a couple of magazines and a tall iced tea. Yes, I drank a lot, but it was hot, and it's important to stay hydrated. There wasn't much of a crowd in the store, and what people there were in attendance ignored me. Funny how a guy in a skirt didn't raise so much as one eyebrow. Nevertheless, I had another fun time freestyling, it felt great to wear that breezy, gauzy skirt, and those "Cori" flats were an absolute delight to wear because they were so comfortable! Who needs heels when I've got great flats like those! I can see I'll be getting a lot of use out of those shoes in the weeks to come!

post-154-0-92409900-1338067173_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-01071600-1338067175_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-06036000-1338067176_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-83695100-1338067177_thumb.jpg

Edited by JeffB

Hi Jeff, Really well done on the 150th Jaunt! Its astounding how what you have evolved into wearing is so so similar to what I'm up to here in NZ. I am wearing dresses now - as well as skirts, and I too have a shift-dress or sheath-dress as you refer to it. That outfit works really well for you, the pearls look sharp, and compliment it really well. Perfect shoes. Congratulations! A short blazer was suggested which would work, can I suggest a bolero? I would have 10 or so now - because they are so practical. I've picked most of my boleros from thrift stores, and they comein a vast array of cuts and colours and fabrics. I could find and post a photo if it would help. Cheers Heel-Lover

Heel-Lover: Thanks much for the kind words! Wearing a dress was quite an enjoyable experience, one I definitely plan to enjoy again in the future because it just plain felt good to me. Like you, wearing just the shoes is no longer enough for me as I now focus on a total head to toe look. As for a shorter jacket, a bolero is a good idea, I'll see if I can find something like that. Thanks for the suggestion!

SleekHeels: Thanks for the suggestions. I found them useful and I'll try to utilize them. Wearing dresses and skirts is clearly a sign to me that it's no longer about just the shoes, rather, the entire outfit, and, at the risk of sounding vain, I love showing off my legs, something I can't do properly in jeans. Heh! As for confidence, as long as you have it, and flaunt it, it doesn't matter what the season might be, just go out there and do it!

Jaunt #152, 5/26/2012

Even though the forecast called for steamy, summer like temperatures, it would also be sunny, good enough conditions for a Saturday jaunt as I took my new Payless "Cori" flats for a second trip while wearing a blue campshirt, a new skirt I bought from Sears and a handbag. Given how most women dress down on weekends, I decided to follow their example, for the most part. Heh! I was especially eager to wear the new flats again as they were very comfortable, stylish and, yes, cute! And what self-respecting freestyler wouldn't want to wear cute shoes? As for the new skirt, it's a gauzy, black, 30 inch A-line with a matching half-slip like attachment beneath, and, like the shoes, it proved to be a lot of fun to wear. My first stop was to Starbucks to read a magazine, buy a cool beverage, and be seen. Even though there was quite a crowd in the place, no one paid me any attention as I got my order, sat in a chair and spent over thirty minutes there.

After that, it was off to center city and my favorite comic shop, as usual, finding a place to park proved time consuming and I wound up in a spot over a block away, no prob, again, it offered me a chance to be seen in my outfit, and, other than a trio of young black males who broke out laughing as they drove past, no one paid me any mind as I strolled to the shop, enjoying the soft swish of the skirt about my legs and the comfort of the shoes. I spent nearly half an hour in the comic shop, half that time yakking with the staff about The Avengers which I had seen last weekend and loved, as usual, they ignored what I wore. Then I left the store, walked up the block to a convenience store to play the lottery and buy a newspaper, then it was off to South Jersey. When I entered the Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall, I did get some glances from a few people here and there, but nothing more than that, I bought my order, ate while gazing through the sports section and left, simple as that.

My last stop of the day was the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent another half-hour plus in the dining area with a couple of magazines and a tall iced tea. Yes, I drank a lot, but it was hot, and it's important to stay hydrated. There wasn't much of a crowd in the store, and what people there were in attendance ignored me. Funny how a guy in a skirt didn't raise so much as one eyebrow. Nevertheless, I had another fun time freestyling, it felt great to wear that breezy, gauzy skirt, and those "Cori" flats were an absolute delight to wear because they were so comfortable! Who needs heels when I've got great flats like those! I can see I'll be getting a lot of use out of those shoes in the weeks to come!

Nice skirt!

skirtedvik & Pumps: Thanks for the kind words! Kilty: C'mon, now! I'm sure grandma must be plenty stylish! Heh! As for pencil skirts, not a bad idea.

The denim looks great, but it's the flowing ones that are on the longer side aren't that good looking in my view. Pencil skirts are sexy, a nice split at the back will help show your toned calves :yummy: They're so cheap as well on ebay :cool1: Pardon my silly post, but Jeff, try a Pencil skirt - I kno you're looking for ways to push the envelope :wink:

Jaunt #153, 6/2/2012

Following a dreadful Friday night filled with thunderstorms and heavy rain, the sun came out today, accompanied by blue skies and milder temperatures, perfect conditions for a new jaunt, so, I hit the streets in a baby blue campshirt, my 19 inch black button down denim skirt, the Payless "Kylie" wedge pumps which I'm really coming to love and my short strap handbag. There was an air of, well, euphoria as I headed out, partly from the nice weather, but mostly from wearing a skirt and those cute shoes, it was times like these where I really enjoyed being a freestyler. My first stop was to University City and a branch of my bank to withdraw some cash, after parking in a spot some five feet away from where an Asian lady looked to be waiting for someone, I hopped out and said lady gave me a long, puzzled stare, clearly she had never seen anything like me before.

From there, I headed into town and to my local comic book shop, now that shop was on a small street that often got very little traffic, but that wasn't the case today as a detour not far away had funneled traffic onto that street, suddenly it was cars everywhere as motorists and passengers got a good look at me as I strolled past. I heard some giggles and chuckles and got more than a few bulging eyes, slack jaws and turned heads, moreso than usual, I'd be lying if I said that didn't surprise me, and left me just a wee bit perturbed, but that was all. Once in the store, I spent a good twenty minutes, there were a goodly many other patrons there, but none of them gave me the time of day. After I left, traffic still on the street, I walked up the block to a store to buy a paper and cash a couple of instant scratch-off lottery games I had played and won $30 bucks. Whoo! Nothing like winning some cash!

From there, it was off to South Jersey and Chick-Fil-A for lunch, there was a good crowd in there, and I got a few looks here and there, nothing like on that small street though, however, I did attract the attention of a little girl who stared at me while I waited in line in what appeared to be rapt fascination. I found that humorous. After my lunch, I headed off for the peace and quiet and serenity of Barnes & Noble where I relaxed with a few sports magazines before heading to the check-out line with season 2 of BBC's Sherlock (a clever and entertaining reimagining of the great detective plying his trade in 21st century London, well worth watching). Another day, another satisfying adventure, I'm sure I've said this one too many times before, but it's so much fun, and exciting to wear skirts in public, I'm enjoying myself on my trips more than ever because of that.

post-154-0-67325200-1338673620_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-74570400-1338673621_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-81677800-1338673622_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-88807400-1338673623_thumb.jpg

Dreadful? Thunderstorms? I love thunderstorms!

Well, to each their own. I've never been a fan.

After my lunch, I headed off for the peace and quiet and serenity of Barnes & Noble where I relaxed with a few sports magazines before heading to the check-out line with season 2 of BBC's Sherlock (a clever and entertaining reimagining of the great detective plying his trade in 21st century London, well worth watching).

Jeff, that is excellent taste in TV programs. I thoroughly enjoyed them myself and hadn’t realized they were available on DVD.

I really liked the outfit you put together for this outing. I do offer the following suggestions:

post-530-0-83976100-1338727130_thumb.jpg

The consistency of your images made that irresistable.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Sherlock is a great series Jeff, good choice! I was only walking down Baker street on Saturday too, and saw a women's shoe shop that only sold shoes in sizes 7 to 11 (UK) close by on (I think) Chiltern street.

TBG: Fun with Photoshop, eh? HA! That's funny! Actually, I thought about wearing that combo, but, to be truthful, that skirt is just too long for my thigh boots as I prefer my hemline to be above the tops of the boots. Dbert: Well, I'm a longtime fan of the 1980's Sherlock Holmes series starring Jeremy Brett, so I was curious about this new incarnation. Bottom line, I found it highly enjoyable.

Greetings JeffB :-)

It has been a while since I followed your thread. (The server unsubscribed me )

I must say I was very impressed with your latest jaunts.

Specially # 150, wearing a dress. You are pushing the envelope indeed !

I like your flat shoes. I also have a few flats shoes and I enjoy wearing them.

Quite different from high heels but still fun to wear.

Now I cannot imagine what you will wear for your 200 th jaunt !

Well done !

Daniel: Thanks for your kind words on my latest little adventures. Wearing a dress and heels was certainly fun, let me get in touch with my feminine side, and I felt feminine too! As for my 200th jaunt, well, I'll definitely be wearing a dress again, count on that. On the topic of wearing flats, that too was enjoyable, mores than I thought.

Jeff, no jaunts recently? :?: I enjoy reading about your Jaunts, You've inspired others, even today I read of one guy in South London who's Jaunt came to an abrupt end... :cry: this guy was arrested, though I like his ensemble (sorry, no heel pics :(

Edited by Kilty

It's in South London as mentioned above... I think this happened yesterday, though I don't think it's related to his clothes so much... the police keep their cards under their chest, I was reading it in a local paper. :cry: I'm more of a kilt man myself, or I'd get a more decent length denim number, but not stonewashed :roll: I don't want to hijack Jeff's thread so I'll leave it here :wink:

Edited by Kilty

Oh, dear! What a positively godawful ensemble that guy sported, especially the shoes which were perfectly hideous! If you ask me, he deserved to have been pinched for looking like that! URGH!

He would not have been arrested for what he was wearing, it would have been some other reason.

Well, he should've been. ICK! :silly: