Awesome heel buying experience!!!

Saturn

I was recently browsing my local Craigslist listings to see if there were any size 11 heels. There usually aren't, and if there are, they're lower heels.

So, somehow I skipped past THIS listing!

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/clo/814668370.html

Needless to say, I was excited and e-mailed the seller right away.

She replied very quickly, and said that of the 16 pairs she had, only 5 pairs were left! I was already smacking myself in the forehead for not noticing this listing.

So she e-mails me and sends me this picture of the shoes she has left:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/IMGP0249.jpg

She tells me that the lacy ones in the front row, second from the right are already sold as well as the 6" pair in the center of the back row. I was mildly upset that the 6" were already sold, but I decided to go over there anyway considering she has my size.

I arrive at her house, and let me just say - this young woman was AWESOME. She was not getting rid of all her shoes, just the ones she didn't wear very much (or at all!) I figured it might be a man who listed this because of the size, but sure enough, it was a woman with size 11 feet!

In the picture, the shoes on top of the pink box were already gone, as well as the heels to the far left. She brings out a bag with all the heels in it, and she informs me that the 6" heels in the picture were NOT sold, the guy who was there that morning decided not to buy them (but bought the two pairs that were missing). She then informed me that every buyer who showed up to purchase the shoes was a man! Awesome!

So I'm sitting there trying on the shoes, right there on her deck. She says to me: "So what got you into dressing up? Or the shoes? I mean, if you don't mind me asking?" So, I sat there and told her my whole story (a familiar one around HHP) of wearing my mother shoes as a little 2nd grader, and it just continued from there until I could buy my own.

Then she tells me about her story - apparently her husband is the one who buys all the shoes for her, and even HE has a couple pairs of his own - and they have the SAME SIZE! She tells me that they used to go to fetish clubs, he would sometimes dress up in drag, all in good fun... then she had her kid, a little boy, and she is working at home now.

I'm deciding on what shoes to get - the 6" oxfords will just not go on my feet without a lot of trouble, probably because they are such a closed shoe. All others fit. The Pleaser shoes, as usual, are a little tight in my right foot in size 11, but they're leather, so I think they'll stretch some. I only brought $100 with me, but I wasn't thinking that I would want so many pairs!

It gets better. She says "You know, I have some other heels in the house. They're really expensive though, we paid a lot, and I'm looking to get $100 for them." So I tell her, "Sure, bring them out." A few moments later, and she brings out a pair of flat black leather 6 In Forever heels, with an ankle strap! I practically hit the floor!

She says "Here, you can try them on. They were a little loose on me, so I decided to sell them. My husband ordered them for me, and he was pretty upset when they didn't fit right, but you can't return them."

I let her know that I was familar with 6 In Heels Forever, and I know that they're great craftsmenship. I tried on the first shoe, and my foot went right in, NO STRUGGLING! It was like the difference between night and day when comparing the 6inForever heels to the Ellie 6". The Ellies seemed like foot torture chambers compared to these heels. They really are amazing shoes, as many of you already know. I had no idea that 6" heels had the ability to be comfortable, but I could actually walk a few steps in these!

As I'm wearing the 6inForever heels, she tells me a random story that she's mildly embarssed to tell (it was about her previous job). I'm like... "Uh, under the current circumstances, I don't think we should be embarassed about anything." So I thought that was pretty funny, and she did too, because she knew I was talking about the shoes and she had a nice laugh.

So it comes to the money transaction portion of our little meeting, and I want the 6inForever shoes for sure, and also a few of the other pairs. Unfortunately I only brought $105 - not enough! So I went to the bank, took out another $60 and bought a few more pairs.

This young woman was absolutely amazing - fun, open minded, and her husband wore heels and he loved her to wear them as well... and she loved wearing them! Before I left, I made sure to ask her an important question. "Can I ask you, what got you into these shoes? I mean, I know you're a woman, and they're women's shoes, so.... anyway, you know what I mean." Her response: "Well, I just love them because they're beautiful! And my husband buys them for me, he loves them, and I'll actually wear them. Some women won't wear them."

I shook her hand, and I walked away with 4 pairs of shoes for $165, including a pair of $150+ 6inHeelsForever shoes. She gave me a REDICULOUS deal on them, I could tell she was taking a big hit on the price, but she just wanted them gone. She knew they would make me happy so she said "Just take 'em, dude." I left the Oxfords, but I wish I could have taken those too - they were from "The Highest Heel."

So here are the pictures of my new shoes! (What, did you think I was going to leave out the best part? Sorry, they're from my phone, but it'll have to do for now.)

Here are the 6inHF heels, my favorite! These shoes are absolutely rock solid, and AMAZING!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/6inHF01.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/6inHF02.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/6inHF03.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/6inHF04.jpg

Here are the 5.5" Pleaser heels, leather upper. As I mentioned before, the right shoe is a little tight (my right foot is bigger) and I usually go with size 12 in Pleaser shoes, but that's okay. The toe box is a lot smaller looking than it came out in these pictures, so they look kind of funny.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Pleaser01.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Pleaser02.jpg

These are the open sided stilettos - very comfortable, but the sole bends when I take each step, so no chance of street heeling these. I still like 'em though!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Jante02.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Jante01.jpg

And finally, here are those outrageous 6" Ellies. They were patent, so I had to have them! I'm actually surprised that I got my feet in these. I thought they weren't going to fit, but once I set the shoe on the floor, my foot went RIGHT in. As I was trying them on (before I bought them), the lady commented "those just look so awesome on you."

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Ellie6in01.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Ellie6in02.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/Ellie6in03.jpg

And here is a picture of some gold platforms that were size 10, and were way too tight for my feet. She commented on how comfortable they were to walk in, but unfortunately I would have had to JAM my right foot in. The left one was enough of a struggle, so I passed. Still, really cool shoes. She bought them at "The Mission" store in Cleveland, where I tried on the 7" Scream heels.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/HHPSaturn/IMGP0254.jpg

And that's all! You know, re-reading this post, it really sounds like I made it up as some sort of fantasy post, but this REALLY happened today. It was an incredible experience that I don't think I'll ever forget, and now I don't have to buy a new pair for a LONG time. As some of you may know, I was looking for some nice 6" heels that would fit me, and it couldn't have turned out better. I'm so incredibly happy, I still can't believe this!

I know this was a long post, so thanks for reading!

What a truly awesome "outing" ! :smile: Sounds you you both had a blast - if there was only more happening at my end.... or I was in the right state of mind to try go out and then have something to talk about, hehe.

Yeah, your post was long, but wonderful to read. Congratulations! And since you live in the US, and she in Parma, you surely had a long way to get to her - but I think it was well worth it, and it looks like you have made a new friend. Have you mentioned hhplace to her? I think we'd gain several new users :smile:.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Well, she lived in Parma, Ohio - not Parma, Italy. Hehe, sometimes I forget that most everyone here is from Europe... So I only had to drive like 45 mins to get to her house, not too long! And I have her e-mail address, I'll make sure to pass the website along to her! Darn, why didn't I think of that when I was there?

Man, great experience. And to think, US Woman's size 10-11 is exactly my size, too. :thumbsup: If I were you, I would make it a priority that I never lost track of this woman.....who knows what treasures remain to be "mine(d)" in her closet?:smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Great story and very nice score on those heels and especially the 6inHF. Oh and I notice the heels you asked about before in another thread, are Ellie's. Well, we were close on thinking they were Pleaser's as those two brands are often clones of each other.

There was a song written about you, "Some Guys Have All The Luck". Looks like you had a great day, got a great deal, and made a new acquaintance in one go, excellent work.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Thanks everyone! t-strap, I certainly do feel like I hit the jackpot, it just made my whole month (if not year!) And to be honest, the story almost sounds like it belongs in the "fiction stories" section, but it's 100% true. I'm still thrilled! She's had that ad in Craigslist since August, I feel really stupid for not noticing it. She even had a nice pair of leather thigh-high boots, as you can see in the Craigslist link picture. She told me that a gentleman came back THREE different times to buy shoes. Incredible that anything was left, let alone the 6inForever heels. I don't think she actually brought out the 6inF heels for anyone else to see - if she did, they most certainly would be gone, there's no doubt in my mind. To be honest, I wasn't going to buy the Ellies because I had the 6inF heels to compare them to... but to be honest, they're just so darn cool looking, they're really a whole different style than the 6inF. I like them both, but I love the 6inF. I was able to grab onto the wall and walk all the way down the hallway in these.. NO WAY I'd be able to do that in the Ellies. But the Ellies are patent, and I had to have 'em, or I would have been kicking myself today! As t-strap knows, I injured my right toe about 6 months ago. Well, I pretty much spent 2 hours in 6" heels last night... and when I woke up this morning, my right toe felt FANTASTIC. Like all it needed was to be fully stretched or something. It literally has not felt this good since before the accident. I am still going to be careful, and I'm not going to press my luck, but for some reason I feel like the stretch did me more good than bad.

I have searched Craigslist in the past and it's amazing the great collection of heels that are for sale out there. If you go to Google and type in "Craigslist high heels", it links you to all of the shoes posted around the country. Unfortunately, they are always in cities too far away check out. There was a woman in Tulsa, Oklahoma about 4 months ago that I exchanged a few e-mails with that had an awesome assortment of very high heels. When I asked her why she was getting rid of them, she said she'd had knee surgery and was giving up on wearing them......how sad.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

Yeah, I've been sporadically searching Craigslist for some time now, looking for deals on shoes. I used to search other cities, but it was kind of discouraging because I find something I was sort of interested in, and there was no way for me to go and try them on, pick them up, etc. So I stuck to searching my area and a little around my area. Of the things I've found were a very high pair of platforms, that looked like stripper shoes - labeled "drag" shoes, size 11. I don't like high platforms so those were out. Then I found someone who seemed to be purging their entire collection of drag clothing, size 14 heels included, for $100. I felt kinda bad there too, because I was hoping this guy wasn't abandoning something he liked because he feels that it's "wrong" or something. I've come close to purging my collection more than a few times, but that was several years ago - I'm past all that. I also found a woman who has recently become disabled, and she is selling any and all shoes with a heel in her collection, including boots and pumps. Very similar to Spikes story, just about tore my heart out. Even though there are these sad stories on Craigslist, the thing I really like about it is that even though it's an Internet classifieds, it brings the humanity back to the Internet. Look at eBay... we've got people trying to sell us things with a stock photo, and they're slow to ship. Craigslist could have jumped on the fee stacking bandwagon long ago - but they DIDN'T. And it's all about dealing locally, which is always something that I like. Sure, it is potentially dangerous, but I wouldn't go if something fishy was up. With eBay, you can get anything you want - except you pay a high price, a bunch of other premiums (including shipping) and you can get screwed over. That's not THAT great of a trade-off unless it's something ultra rare, in my opinion.

Yeah, I was a little bummed. When she told me she only had 5 (6) pairs left, I knew that all the boots would be gone - and they were. But to be honest with you, I probably wouldn't have been able to get them up my thighs anyway. I used to weigh quite a lot, and then I lost like 80 lbs. But my calves and thighs are absolute monsters, and they're even bigger because I'm into weightlifting. I have trouble fitting into most every type of boot out there. Ankle boots are fine, but boots that don't stretch around the calf, well, they just ain't gettin' zipped up.

roni - it really was a dream come true. Thanks for the congratulations! I know it sounds like I'm bragging a little, and I guess I am - but this is the place where I know people would appreciate this kind of experience. I only hope that something this cool happens to the other members here, I know I've read some stories that I was extremely jealous of. One time, I knew a girl who I saw daily, and we used to sit and talk in the college dorms (in the lobby). She had size 10/11 feet, and she had some pretty chunky-heeled black boots, almost goth-like. She let me try them on, and she was thrilled that I wanted to, but I never told her about my true passion. That was fun, but this recent experience certainly topped that one.

I just measured the heels on the Ellies and 6inf because I was curious. The Ellies? Well, turns out they're one of those that the heel gets much taller with the bigger sizes - it's just under 6 3/4 inches! Good lord, that explains why they're so much more painful than the 6inf heels. The 6inf are just barely over the claimed 6 1/4 inches. Much more comfortable... that extra 1/2 inch is MURDER. The Pleasers are pretty easy to walk in considering the 5.5" heel height.

Hi Saturn, Wow, some guys have all the luck!!! Sounds like you found something really special there, and the heels from 6inF were a special bonus. Regarding the 6inF heel, is there any marking on them that would indicate what their Chinese Standard size is? There are undoubtedly others in this forum who are trying to get a handle on how their sizing compares to the methods we're familiar with. So specificially, my questions would be: 1.) What Chinsese Standard size are they? 2.) How does the fit in that size compare with the other shoes? (Compare with a Pleaser 11 or The Highest Heel 11?) Thanks for a most interesting posting! raincat

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Hey raincat. I just pulled them out and looked them all over - there is no size indication. I'm guessing this is because they're custom made, the person who owns them would know what size they were. I've since sent an e-mail to the woman I bought them from, a couple weeks ago - and she never replied (not sure why). I can try sending her another e-mail and I'll ask her what Chinese size, maybe she'll have an answer. Anyway, I only tried on a "Highest Heel" oxford 6"+ shoe, and I got my left foot in, but the right was really stubborn. So I can't really use that to compare it with. The Pleaser size 11 shoes vs. the 6inhf shoes - the Pleasers are decidedly a lot tighter overall. I found with Pleaser shoes I have to wear a 12, because my right foot is 1/2 size bigger, and the right shoe on Pleasers is too tight in size 11 (I can still wear them though). The 6inhf shoes seem to be WIDER than the Pleasers. I have a little trouble getting the 6inhf shoes on without hose, but that's becuase they're 6" heels and I need to slide around in there with hose to position my toes correctly. When they're on, they definately wider than the Pleasers. The website mentions that they've recently been adjusting the width of their shoes to be more proportionate as the sizes go up, so that all checks out with these shoes. I know I don't have Chinese size, but I'll try and find out for you. The lady I bought them from decided to sell them because they were a little too loose - my guess? They were too wide for her. Good for me, bad for her. Anyway, hopefully she'll return my next e-mail.

Thank you, Saturn, for checking the 6inF heels for indications of sizing. If you can wrangle a reply from the woman you bought them from, that would be just great. By now you've had some time to become a bit more familiar with your new 6inF shoes. What are your impressions of them? Comfortable? Enjoying your time in them? raincat

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

How about quality and workmanship. Saturn? Are they well made of good material? Earlier reports of 6inF shoes indicated that the workmanship was amateurish and the material not really up to standards for the price charged.

Yeah, I'll try and e-mail her about the sizing within the next few days (I'm pretty busy, and want to make it a good e-mail). First of all, these 6" heels are comfortable..... for 6" heels. I mean, I weigh 220 lbs (mostly muscle weight, if you're wondering) and my toes are certainly not happy with me when I stand in them. HOWEVER - I did walk down the hallway in them, while clutching the walls, and I was able to straighten my knees while wearing them. The heels, unless you're deliberately trying to bend them, don't have that "cheap heel bend" that you get with some brands. I have a 4" stiletto boot that looks fantastic, but the heel bends like it was made out of cheap plastic. This heel does NOT do that, and again - I'm not a small guy. For what they are, unless you're a woman (or man) with incredibly flexible ankles and toes, and pretty light weight on top of that, they're still comfortable for me to wear without standing. The bend in the toe is right on the threshold of what I would consider comfortable to be bending my toes in a shoe (the Ellies, for instance, are not that comfortable to wear sitting, and standing/walking seems like it would damage the tendons in my toes). The "special arch" they talk about is where the comfort comes from. It allows the whole bottom of your foot, arch included, to help bear the weight while wearing them. Even getting them on is much easier because of this - it actually conforms to the natural shape of the foot, instead of the sole just going STRAIGHT DOWN like a lot of other extreme heels. As far as the quality of the materials and craftsmanship - the upper is all leather, and very nice. These were used, and the shoe was obviously nicked at one point, which made a little blemish in the leather. It's real leather, that's for sure - so they're a little more susceptible to wear, but more comfortable. I'm not sure how HIGH a grade this leather is, so bear that in mind. The stitching seems to be top notch. Everything is lined up straight, and there's no popped stitches or any indication that they will ever do so. These are used, shoes - but I noticed that the inside sole, while comfortable, looks like it was glued on by hand. It's not "perfect" looking. But I pulled on the inside of the sole, and it wouldn't budge. You know how you get a cheap pair of heels, and the toe box inside sole can come "unglued"? You won't see that problem with these (at least I haven't, yet). As far as my enjoyment of the shoes, I love them. But she mentioned that after all was said and done, it cost them $189 which is about right - the $150 + the money for shipping. Would I pay this much for them? Maybe, maybe not. If I knew I was going to get the perfect size for my foot, certainly. But remember, I had the luxury and privilege of trying them on before I bought them. They feel great. To be honest, they're EXACTLY what I was looking for in a high heel. They make you feel really high without bending your toes into oblivion. I finally feel satisfied in regards to how "high" the heel feels. They are a lot of fun, and my girlfriend has requested that I bring them the next time I visit her (yay!) If I left any details out, let me know - please, I'll answer any questions. I have to leave right now, so I'll check back later.