Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

While I have used makeup and painted my nails a few times in the past, I find the practice too fussy for me. I am more of a quickly get dressed and get on with things, kind of a guy.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If you don't want to take the time to paint your nails yourself I'd suggest going to a salon. I get a manicure every 2 weeks and a pedicure every 4 weeks - been doing it for over 5 years now. I get a color called "Baby Pink" in my finger nails - it's almost clear so it's not real obvious unless you notice the shine. On my toes is usually a dark red of some sort - right now it's almost crimson. I wear sandals - usually a low wedge - when I get the pedicure and my toes are out there for anyone to see. if they care to look. The lady who does my nails treats me like any other customer and her other customers have no problem when I'm there. We all have a great time and I have never heard a bad comment. I've even been asked my opinion on colors once or twice! Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my polished toes,but in my opinion they look best with hairless legs, but that's just a personal opinion. My finger nails get done as well but not in the colours more of a pale colour that's not noticed unless the shine shows, have this done after my regular manicures at a salon. Have been thinking about a pedicure and polish. It's a pity more men don't do it.

I was in the nail salon the other day getting a manicure and a pedicure as my wife and I were going to an affair. The nail tech asked me did I want black, red or just clear! I would have tried black my my wife wouldn't hear of it (I knew that she wouldn't go for red either). Truly, I was amazed at the question.

It's all about the heel!

Last time I was at the nail salon, the Vietnamese nail tech decided I needed a design on my fingernails. We negotiated over prices and styles, and she offered to hand paint designs on all ten fingers, for $10. So now, I have glossy dark blue polish, with gold glitter, topped with a white snowflake, on each nail. Very wintery, that, and my woman loves it.

I do red nails, but never done red with red sandals - i tend to do a contrast so the sandals and nails both show more - i do red with white sandals and white jeans for example. Have done black with red sparkle top coat with red patents from Office - now that was nice !!

Hi, I'm into nails in a big way, i keep mine long whenever i can, polish them clear/nude, black or very dark colours verging on black. I especially like the OPI shades, black onyx, midnight in moscow and lincoln park after dark. My other half isn't so keen on them :w00t2: saying that she has just this second asked me to paint hers :santa_hat:

• 2 weeks later...

I have several colours now. At the moment, my toe nails are a dark red (my fingers were the same colour a couple of days ago but I removed it).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

"Random Thoughts at the Nail Salon" All eyes, at the nail salon, were focused on a cheesey movie, about a spirit medium, doing battle with an evil spirit, at a haunted tavern. I was an innocent bystander, waiting for my nails to dry. The woman seated next to me, on pedicure row, told me that her husband grew up in a haunted house. I didn't know whether to believe her or not. She said she had two children, ages nine and eleven, but she had never told them of the haunting of her husband's boyhood home. Admittedly, I was quite ticklish, as the nail tech scrubbed my feet. The nail tech said it was a true story, about the brutal murder of a young girl, and the subsequent haunting, in the old tavern. I demurred. A long time passed, as I waited, while everyone focused on the wide screen TV. "It is only a movie," I told the nail tech, but she was unconvinced. Dark blue, with gold glitter, now, are my fingers and toes, but the long dead ghosts commanded universal attention. Before I knew it, the closing credits rolled down the screen. How could it be explained, I wondered, that this low brow pseudo-documentary invaded and conquered the minds of all, save me, at the nail salon? Just another day, I thought, at the haunted nail salon. I walked out the door, proudly, my nails shining bright, in the late afternoon sun.

"Were your toe nails in plain view?" Yes, they were, in the nail salon. But it was a bitter cold winter day, zero degrees, and outside, I was wearing my boots. The boots were Nine West, knee high, black leather, with 4" stacked heels. Come springtime, I can wear my strappy wedge sandals outdoors, with my pedicure visible to all.

Sounds like a big salon. The one I go to has three nail stations of which two are usually occupied. They face different directions though they are close enough that people could talk. I leave wearing thong wedges, as the girl wants the toes left bare for a while for the polish to harden more. Temperature is not a problem here. She picked the color last time to match hers - a bright red. She says she wants to go out with me with both of us wearing clear stiletto slides with matching bright nail polish. I not sure I could handle that!

• 2 weeks later...

all the above, but then i'm a very public crossdresser in many ways.

i don't do all the above together or all the time, but all of them are done pretty regularly.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

How many of you actualy shave your legs/paint your toes/wear toe rings & ankle bracelets and short shorts and actually go out like that in say.. sandals or flip flops. :santa_hat: I do it all.....

I do as well, except for ankle bracelets, they're a bit tarty

• 2 weeks later...

I have painted toe-nails every summer when they can be seen wherever I am. Have had them red, brown, pearl, light blue, wine (a favourite). Don't bother in winter as they won't be seen, but I may do them just now....!

I always shave my legs (and other places too as I can't stand the body hair). I have been doing clear nail polish for about a year and a half now and have finally graduated to black toe nail polish. I have a thin white gold bracelet that I'm going to convert to an anklet soon.

And I go out like that with appropriate weather.

It's all about the heel!