Polished toes

Guy N. Heels

Should men polish their toe nails?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. Should men polish their toe nails?

• YES! Definitely!
    • Maybe
    • Not Sure
    • Definitely Not!
    • I am male
    • I am female

Here is a nice way of getting an uber-pretty look: Do 2 coats of OPI Kyoto Pearl followed by 1 coat of OPI DS Shimmer The look is to cry for! :-) Love it!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Here is a nice way of getting an uber-pretty look:

Do 2 coats of OPI Kyoto Pearl

followed by

1 coat of OPI DS Shimmer

The look is to cry for! :-) Love it!

How about a photo QS?

Sure! I mean, why not? If you like it, then I say "go for it" because you only live once. Seriously though, men don't typically paint their toenails. Most men anway. But an increasing number of guys with a sense for adventure, looking for something a little more exciting, or even men who have been coaxed by their wives or girlfriends into enduring a pedicure complete with nail polish have experienced something that cannot be fully described with text here. It is, well, rather exciting and fun! Probably because it is a bit dangerous (men are not 'supposed' to wear nail polish), sexy (by a surprising number of women's opinions), it feels good and I will admit, it's very addicting. Let's face it, most men's feet just don't look that great. They are typically dry, callused, rough and their nails are crusty, uneven and yellow. It's no wonder men don't want to show their feet in public! But, once you have experience a profesisonal pedicure with massage, callous removal, with smoothing and shaping of the nails, your feet will look and feel a whole lot better. And as an added treat, I encourage you men to follow up with polish in either a subtle neutral color of even go for the color! You will like it much more than you can imagine, and when you begin receiving compliments on your feet, you will like it even more. That's why I said it becomes addictive. Positive feedback is one of the basic principles in learning a behaviour, and it serves to reinforce the chance you took by trying it. Hey, don't take my word for it, you really need to prove it to yourself. In fact, it's a well-appreciated treat for men considering this to go with their wife or girlfriend for joint pedicures. You will both enjoy it!!

I will next time I go back to that one. This week during my fill, I did "Lincoln Park After Dark", which is a deep purple colour with a nice shine. I had them trimmed down a bit as I didn't want them to get too long, and give them room to grow between sessions.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, picture time again! I love this shade - it's called "Teal The Cows Come Home" by OPI, and when done with a clear top coat, it just looks really nice.

post-29-13352286384_thumb.jpg

Okay, picture time again!

I love this shade - it's called "Teal The Cows Come Home" by OPI, and when done with a clear top coat, it just looks really nice.

Nice shockqueen! Blue is my favorite colour.

all agreed, my feet look well bad plain, but nailed up, quite sensible !

Soulmates' feet look nicer, although we r the same size. My feet, being very thin and size UK 6, got done in, ironically, from wearing mens shoes one size smaller than ideal - so they wouldnt fall off ! -at school / early work. Womens shoes are a better fit for me, without even going into the look / feel area.

Making a virtue out of a necessity - and the choice !!!

Today's yet another fill day, so I get to try another colour on the rack. I'm actually hoping to find a nice copper colour today. We'll see what happens!

Okay, picture time again!

I love this shade - it's called "Teal The Cows Come Home" by OPI, and when done with a clear top coat, it just looks really nice.

Very nice! Cool and interesting color and perfect length of nails.

I decided to do something really daring tonight, so I did a base of "Malaga Wine" and then did a french-style tip in "Golden Rules". They're drying in top coat now, but this is the result! I'm very happy how they turned out since this was my 1st attempt at it.

post-29-133522864689_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I was amazed they turned out at all, but I wasn't happy after a day, and had to re-do them. I did the red base coat, then let it dry overnight. Then the next morning, did the gold, waited about an hour, then did the clear overcoat - the gold lines turned out much smoother this time, so I'm happier about it. As they say, practice makes better.......

It's quite all right, jojo....don't sweat it. As much as I'd love to take credit for the length, it's all my fave nail technician's doing. I do love painting them up though! :-)

The easiest way to get a great looking pedicure is to let the lady at the salon do it... Honestly, they will treat you like any other customer and your feet will feel great when you're done! I get mine done every 4 weeks and I just love it!

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

I have tried to paint my toenails in the past and find it looks a complete mess when I have finished. Are there any tips that I could use as i would quite like to paint them again?

Try to paint your nails in as few strokes as possible, a friend of mine done a beauty and hair course, and showed me how they only do three strokes, middle and either side just overlapping all pulling the brush the same way. Don't be tempted to paint your nails like you do the side of your house, and keep going over and over the same bits.

As with all coatings, preparation is the key. Make sure you have clean nails, grease free. And practise.

Hope this helps.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I keep my toes done all the time. Unfortunately only myself and wife get to see them though. I have found Revlon nail colors to be easy to work with and they seem to last quite a while as long as I take the time to do them right and not just rush through it.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do only you and your wife see your nails? Why don't you wear sandals so that everyone can see them? Recently a lot of guys like Chuck Liddell (UFC Champion) and Scott Speed (Nascar Champion) have been doing this. There is even an article on the OPI website about men wearing nail polish on their toes. It is becoming quite popular.

I keep my toes done all the time. Unfortunately only myself and wife get to see them though. I have found Revlon nail colors to be easy to work with and they seem to last quite a while as long as I take the time to do them right and not just rush through it.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

To Selene: I agree with what Jamie001 said in his post. I encourage you to start wearing sandals in public so that everybody can see your painted toenails. I have been painting my toenails for over a year and I really enjoy wearing sandals in public. I have got a lot of compliments from women. I was nervous the first time I done it but after that it was easy, I could not get enough of it. I think you would enjoy it if you would give it a try. Good luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got a surprise today--overnight while I was sleeping, my girlfriend painted my toenails a deep red. I didn't even realize it--I didn't look at all--when I put my sandals on. We went out, she was laughing once in a while--but she just shook her head when I asked her what was so funny. I was getting looks and wondered why until one woman stopped me and told me I looked good and at least one man had the guts to go out with a good looking pedicure. At that point I looked down and got the shock of my life--and my girlfriend was just about falling over laughing. I'll admit I wouldn't have done it on my own--but now I just may do it again. Oh, yes, we spent the rest of the day out, and even though I got a few looks, I got used to it pretty quickly.

Already posted, but probably in the wrong thread. Well, I got a surprise today--overnight while I was sleeping, my girlfriend painted my toenails a deep red. I didn't even realize it--I didn't look at all--when I put my sandals on. We went out, she was laughing once in a while--but she just shook her head when I asked her what was so funny. I was getting looks and wondered why until one woman stopped me and told me I looked good and at least one man had the guts to go out with a good looking pedicure. At that point I looked down and got the shock of my life--and my girlfriend was just about falling over laughing. I'll admit I wouldn't have done it on my own--but now I just may do it again. Oh, yes, we spent the rest of the day out, and even though I got a few looks, I got used to it pretty quickly.