First Time Street Heeling

thighboots

Hi there, I have always been impressed and in ore of people on this site who openly wear heels outside. I have said in my previous posts that I love wearing heels, but only do so in the privacy of my own home. I have a sexy pair of Italianheels Amanda Thigh boots - they are great, black leather, 5 inch stilleto heel, pointed toe and fully leather lined.

I normally wear the boots with jeans, I do however have a leather mini skirt that I very occasionally wear to show the boots off to myself. I definately do not consider myself to be a TV, just a man who loves wearing high heeled boots!

Anyway I have spent the morning pottering around the house wearing my thigh boots under my jeans. I have always wanted to courgae to be able to just forget the rest of the world and be comfortable wearing my boots day to day without fear of hat people willl say.

I had to go and check on a freinds place as they are away, so I thought go for it. Its such a shame to own such a sexy pair of boots and not use them, so I went for it!. I have to admit I took a pair of trainers with me just in case, but I did not need them!

So, I opened my front door in the middle of the day and walked out for the first time. I never thought I would have the confidence to do that!

Straight away a young lad saw me, he did not bat an eye lid. I walked accross the road and got into my car and drove to my friends house. Driving in 5 inch heels was an expereince!

My friend lives in an apartment block and as I pulled into the commual parking area, there were quite a few people around. I neary chickened out and opted for the trainers, but I didnt. I stepped out of the car (admittedly pulling my jeans down nice and low) then started walking towards the door. The first thing that struck me was how natural it felt, as if its the way it should be. I really enjoyed hearing the noise the heel made on the ground. Im sure the people noticed, they must have heard the noise of the heel of caught a glimpse of the boots under my jeans!

Once in the commual door I had three flights of steps to reach the landing I needed.

I am over the moon, I feel I have taken a high heeled step forward and wont go back. I think its going to be a while until I am 100% confident, however my boots are no longer confined to indoor use!

Thanks to all those member of this site, this community is a real help.

I am going back to check the place again tonight, I hope that I see more people this time, I almost want people to see me in heels now!

My last dilema - my long term girlfriend stiil does not know I wear boots at every opportunity - she goes out, I put my boots on. Does anyone have any idea how best to approach this last hurdle??

I long for the day I do not have to hide this from my partner! :santa_hat:

Would be great to hear any other heel lovers views!

Please make sure you tell your girlfriend about your heel wearing before you make any longterm commitment. Give her an opportunity to factor this bit of information about your personality into the "mix" so that she doesn't feel betrayed that you didn't reveal your whole self before deciding to marry you (if she does). If you do this, it just mightl save both of you, and possibly some children, a ton of heartache.

Congrats to you, thighboots! The very first time out is always the hardest, but once you've gotten that under your belt, it only get easier from there. And I agree with JNR, full disclosure is always the best way to go.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thighboots –

I full agree with JeffB’s comments. CONGRATULATIONS

Although I can’t offer firsthand advice about telling you girlfriend, it sounds like JNR has offered good advice.

On wearing thigh boots, I can offer firsthand advice.

As you noticed, the hardest step is getting out of the car. It sounds like you managed that with the expected reserve. The next thing is walking with confidence and from your comment, “The first thing that struck me was how natural it felt, as if it’s the way it should be” it sounds like that went well also. :santa_hat:

The main thing to remember is that you have to project the confidence you feel. If you don’t have confidence to project, go back to wearing your boots inside. People will pick up on the confidence you project and they really will respect it. If someone does appear to notice, throw them a confident “yep, I know” smile and keep on going.

It is going to take a little while for you to be fully comfortable while you are out and about wearing boots with 5" heels, but it will soon happen. When it does, it’s time for the next step. Wear your boots over your jeans. The down side is you have to start the confidence building exercise all over again, but once you do, it’s a great experience.

It really is a shame to have a pair of “Italianheels Amanda Thigh boots - black leather, 5 inch stilleto heel, pointed toe and fully leather lined” and not share them with the rest of the world. :w00t2:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Congratulations! And I agree completely with the others. It is best to tell as soon as possible. But first you better prepare a bit in that sense that she may have a lot of questions and if you have some answers ready, it may save lots of uncertainty. The obvious questions you will have the answers to, like yes you love her etc. But a bit of research on the net can reveal some things that might come in handy. Like how many men share this with you? It is hard to get accurate numbers but it looks like more than 5% of men is doing things like this (either with shoes, tights, underware or more). It may be even as much as 10% or more. And there seems to be no correllation with sexual preference. If you can dig up a few facts like this, you may not need them, but they sure would help. In my case I dug them up after I had the discussion with my wife. She was very good about it, but I think some of these facts would have given her a lot more sleep that night. It is of course possible that she will accept it immediately. In that case you are the very lucky guy. But don't wait too long. If you look in some old threads you will find lots of cases where the wife, after many years of marriage, finds out about it and isn't accepting and there are lots of problems. We all wish you much strength and hope for the best. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I can only suggest that honesty is the best policy. If you tell her up front what your fetishes/desires are, then she has a choice to accept or not. But once you have a real relationship and plans and she doesn't know, that's not fair and not nice.

Now the other day, my wife made an offhand remark about some thigh high boots and pantyhose on the bed (we had just come back from out of town). Now whether she was serious or not, I really don't know, but I said to her, "You married me that way - so...." And that was the end of the story!

It's all about the heel!

Heelmeet next mate! As for telling your girlfriend try something like this: (don't try to memorise it, use your own words) "We've been together for a while now and I love you so much that I feel that it's time to share something with you. For a long time now, in fact since I was a kid really, I have had this passion for high heels like a lot of guys do. It isn't a fetish as such, just a fascination really though I do like how they feel to wear them. I'm not a transvestite or anything and I certainly don't want to change sex, it's only the shoes. Now, I can appreciate that you may think I'm strange or something but I am still the same person I was ten minutes ago and although it is a big thing in my life then I can try to put the whole idea out of my mind for your sake..." It is important to let her know that the only reason you're telling her now is because she's so important to you. Also indicate that you're not the only one. Hope this helps.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for the comments Dr Shoe, sounds like some good advice.

I really want to broach the subject with her as, to be honest I am fed up with having live this part of my life as some sort of seedy secret! I would love to be able to leave my boots in the bedroom, living room......., instead they are hidden away!

I do not expect her to be over the moon with it, nor would I mind if she did not want to me to leave the house in them, just a mutual understanding!

:santa_hat:

Since x-mas, when she brought me a 'joke' presnet of some high heeled shoes (I posted this in another thread) - basically I wanted to buy her some Christain Louboutin knee high boots - she said they were to high, I said I could not see what the fuss was about and that if she brought me some heels I would wear them. On x-mas day I had a cheap pair of high heeled stilletos, great!!!

So I pushed things, kept them on, walked around the house etc.....

So I think she has an idea I like heels, its, however Im not sure how she will react when I tell her about my thigh boots!

On another note - I have just been back to my friends and wore the boots again. I was much more confident this time, parked further away and did not keep looking around like a nervous rabbit! LOVED IT!!

When I stepped out of my car a middle aged lady caught an eye full of the boots as my jeans had ridden up as I got out - she did a double take but nothing was said!

I have attached a few pics, as I have said Im not exactly flaunting my heel wearing, but I have been out in my leather thigh boots - what a feeling!

The pics were taken just before I went out, let me know what you think!

When I go back to my friends tomorrow I will try and get some out and about shot!!

:w00t2:

post-8959-133522852315_thumb.jpg

post-8959-133522852328_thumb.jpg

post-8959-133522852337_thumb.jpg

post-8959-133522852346_thumb.jpg

Way to go, Thighboots! As you are discovering, the more often you go out, the easier it becomes. An unobvious observation... It seems that the bigger the crowd, the less attention you bring. A crowded mall is an excellent place to get some practice and build confidence.

Hi thighboots I'm thrilled your enjoying you outtings - great isn't it?! As for coming out to your SO, if I were in your position I'd do something alongs the lines of bring the Xmas occasion up in conversation and say (quite shyly probably) that you're embarrassed to admit it but you really liked wearing the shoes. Tell her how you feel / felt. It was weird at first but then a bit of a turn on - it that's what is was. You might want to leave a silence to see what her reaction is and then if you think she'll be ok, say either, 1, you wore them earlier "today" or sometime recent; or 2, that you want to wear them again and how would she feel about it. I'm almost typing out loud here so forgive me if this doesn't look fine tuned. What I am sure about from personal experience is don't push too hard, too fast. A little bit of patience pays dividends. I hope you get there :santa_hat:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Thanks for the comments loswabs! I have decided that I am going to tell her, its no longer an option to live as I am. Today I have the house to myself and am making the most of it, the thigh boots are out of hiding and back where they belong - being worn by me. Sadly is the last day for me to check on my friends place, I am going to have to find a new 'place' to go! :santa_hat:

thighboots wrote - “I think wearing my thigh boots over jeans may be a way off yet, but you never know.”

That’s what everyone says, but the seed has been planted. :w00t2:

My 101 year old aunt used to say “Quality work takes time”. Don’t let the members on this board push you into something you are not comfortable doing. My test is to look in a full length mirror and considering if I am comfortable presenting what I am seeing to the rest of the world. (I like the way I look in thigh boots). If you are comfortable with the image you see, go for it, if you’re not comfortable, wait a while then look again.

One advantage of wearing heeled boots over jeans is that you never have to worry about “what if someone notices my heels”. Don’t laugh, currently you are worrying about what if someone notices AND how will they react. Wearing boots over jeans takes away half the worries. If you project confidence in what you are doing, people really will respect that.

All that said, don’t go somewhere where you expect trouble. Places where I have had a great time wearing thigh boots include: museums, restaurants, bookstores, almost any store.

Enjoy your boots. :santa_hat:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have been to Costco and to Jo-Ann fabrics with my wife while wearing my crotch high boots (33" top of heel to top of boot 4.75" heel) and have walked around a mall also,was great fun to hear my heels clicking. Lots of people around makes it easier.It was more difficult when I was the only one in the store but the confidense thing is the issue. Sorry Thighbootguy but they are worn under my pants. I have never liked boots of any kind or worn by either gender over pants.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Sorry: This post is not about me it is about Thighboots, the person,.

ALRIGHT, Way to go, Congratulations:clap:

now tell her, the last suggestion was fantastic she will take it well.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Some really inspiring stuff in this thread - great to hear about your successes and how it was, so thanks for sharing. :santa_hat: Also some great advice from the others in here too - keep it up, and nice pics btw.

First time....mid 1970's. I had just bought a pair of guys' 3.75" open-back platform clogs at a closeout store. My first few times my steps were a little uneasy, but soon my stride was o.k. I'm glad we can get comparable shoes today, even if we have to visit the ladies' department.:santa_hat:

Thanks for the comments loswabs!

I have decided that I am going to tell her, its no longer an option to live as I am.

Today I have the house to myself and am making the most of it, the thigh boots are out of hiding and back where they belong - being worn by me.

Sadly is the last day for me to check on my friends place, I am going to have to find a new 'place' to go!

:w00t2:

Hi thighboots

have you told your lady? how did it go? hopefully very well :santa_hat:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Congratulations thighboots, on your street heeling, it's cool, and maybe i would use a scientific approach with your girlfirend, my wife and i discovered my taste for heels after we were married, and it really was a little bit of a shock to her, luckily for me she has been supportive, but besides the fact that you love heels and there simply is no explanation for it, some psycological research about philias and cross dressing may help her understand, that it's more natural than it may seem, and that there's anything to do about it, yet it really gives a fun boost in your relationship when she sees you really understand how wearing heels feels, and maybe even some other garments, making it easier for you to undestand her, women like sensible men.

i remember the first time i wore heeled boots in public. it was late in 1971. the boots where a pair of black knee high stretch boots with a nice 3 inch heel. i wore them shopping one afternoon with jeans tucked into them. man,what a rush it was. been doing it ever since,judiciously of course.

• 2 months later...

My first time street heeling was to the Post Office at night to pick up my mail. Three people saw me in stiletto heels. There were looks, but no comments. It was a major rush. Good luck on future street healing. On the serious side, take it slow and easy withy your significant other. Be honest of your feelings and respectful of hers, and try to, at least initially, meet half way. I hope everything turns out OK.;)

Great stories here i really enjoyed and learn My first time was at night i worn black pantyhose, long black dress, one black curly wig, and 5 inch thigh high cord boots, "it was halloween" i was trying to look like a sexy sourceress, makeup, everything, i still dont have the guts to appear in public if it is not halloween, but there is only one point that applies to me, as long as i am satisfied and i have motivation and gives me pleasure is great, maybe never will have the guts but always will be a challenge and feel the butterflies in my stomach, thats an emotion that i like to feel and like to keep feeling it. A second time was at midnite and was only two blocks in a solitary neighborhood, not a big deal and i freakout when a car just passed by think didnt noticed i was wearing heels and pantyhose, but just that feeling made me come back to my car and go back home. guess it counts. other trial in a park a couple noticed me and i felt bad, i got nervous and left couldnt enjoyed much. I think is a bit difficult, some times is satisfying, sometimes is not and may create a real problem. For thighboots: Just a question that i always ask my self after i do something, are you sure that what you will do or say is something that the outcome will satisfy you? Why am I telling you this question? because im in the same scenario "boots" as you, my wife doesnt know, i dont think that something else is going to increase the level of happiness i have with my own hobbie, and my relationship, it grown as is, and as is should stay unless a perfect scenario may evolve, but at this time If i make this confession there is a great possibility that if I am lucky to keep her, my relationship with her surely will change and this is something i dont want to. this is something serious to people that doesnt share this feeling or attraction to hh, and we cannot make them feel for us, so we wont be able to explain perfeclty, evern if they say "I understand" surely they wont, so be selfish and keep doing what you normally do, and wait for the moment if it comes one day, but keep enjoying the feeling, and the emotion. I think. sorry for the grammar again.....trying to speak my mind

V. Morpho

Morpho -

The secret to going out is having confidence in the way you look. If you look in a full length mirror and like what you see, and want to present yourself that way, then go for it. If you don’t like what you see or don’t want to be seen that way, stay inside. Its all a matter of you being comfortable with a different look.

I know all about the butterflies in the stomach and the rush you get going out in heels but, that will just cloud your common sense (been there, done that).

On your comment to thighboots, “I always ask my self after I do something, are you sure that what you will do or say is something that the outcome will satisfy you?” I suggest you ask that question before you do something rather than after.

Heeling can be great fun. It flies in the face of what “society” considers to be the norm and lets you make an individual statement. It is a non violent way to get others to reconsider what their baseline is. (That may be what threatens folks when they see someone heeling). But, heeling in public takes the confidence to present yourself without reservations. You should not be uncomfortable when a car drives by or someone notices your heels.

I suggest heeling in more public places that a dark street at night. I have found that the more people that are around, the less chance there is for an adverse reaction from anyone.

Enjoy your heels in public or in private.

I don't know if this was the first time this guy went streetheeling, but it sure turned out to be a problem for him.

Arrested judge wore dress, women's hosiery

By KATHRYN MARCHOCKI

New Hampshire Union Leader Staff

Friday, Feb. 15, 2008

http://stats.unionleader.com/ad.aspx?ZoneID=13&Task=Get&Mode=HTML&SiteID=1&PageID=87347

http://stats.unionleader.com/ad.aspx?ZoneID=54&Task=Get&Mode=HTML&SiteID=1&PageID=42079

http://www.unionleader.com/uploads/media-items/2008/february/214a1judge_60px.jpg

The federal bankruptcy judge who was convicted of DWI in Manchester this week is resigning as of April 1. Robert Somma was in a car accident on Feb. 6 after leaving a gay bar wearing a dress, fishnet stockings and high heels.

Federal judge guilty in Manchester DWI (37)

Isn't it just this sort of event that has most of us afraid to appear in public wearing high heels or dressed in any way that will leave us open to public exposure and embarrassing ridicule?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thighboots: JNR's comments are exactly on-target. Use patience. Gradual steps.

You are very fortunate - you've discovered a personal preference before you've made a life-long commitment to someone. I would suspect many readers to this site (and I am one of them) made this discovery after the commitment. As has been said, it's much more difficult that way. Best of luck.

CONGRATULATIONS - It's a big jump, isn't it? I'm impressed that you chose 1) not to be anonymous in another town, and 2) broad daylight.

From here, it gets easier.

Dan

Bubba136, Those of us who have no special status( working class) don't have as far to fall. If exposure is an issue, one has to decide if a risk exists and what damage would happen. Fear is ok, but there are many here who have made the choice to be open; eg xa in the gallery, would the youtube video exist if his jeans had been worn over the boots?, probably not, but he made a statement and was prepared to accept the risk. Only he can say if anything has changed, but for the most part, the effects are short term and if they occur on a regular basis, the shock effect diminishes to a level that breeds tolerance.

totter along into history