Why Do You Wear Heels?

johnieheel

I love wearing stilettoes, boots and shoes. I have strappy sandals, court shoes, ankle boots, and d'orsey pumps. I love the way they look. To me, they're all individual works of art. I love the feel on my feet, how they make me stand and they way I walk in them. I love the sensation of feeling sexy, and the feminine way I get to feel. Wearing high heels also makes me feel confident and to a degree, powerful. My wife loves me in my boots and thinks I look very sexy too. I love high heels!!!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

As my name implies, I prefer boots. They don't have to have a heel, I have a couple that are about an inch high, and about 10 pair that are 3-4 inches and a pair of 5 inch stiletto THB. I love heels and boots because they look natural and feel natural. Flat feet are just so dull and unnatural looking. When you are in heels, you seem to be ready to move, ready to pounce! I love the sound of a clacking heel on hard surfaces, I love the way the heels change your body posture and improve it. Boots seem to just be an extention of your legs. There are so many colors, textures, heel shapes and heights that you can't ever get tired of them. I guess this applies to shoes as well. But in the wet NW of USA, boots can also keep your feet dry. Try walking through a water puddle in a pair of sandals!! I guess there is also a mild bondage theme in boots because you can't them them off in an instant, although that is secondary to me. Maybe a reason that isn't thought about is that heels are normally reserved for women and by wearing them, we (males) like taking the risk and the chance of being seen. Naturally, I wish we could wear whatever we want without any concern at all, but would this diminish the allure of heels? I dunno, Heel Up! BG

well theres that thing again about "reserved for women" which I can not understand & the so-called meaning behind it, I mean to say here folks gee, there only heeled footwear, what in the heck makes them so "special" or even more so-"feminine" that men arnt "supposed" to wear them (I see a lot of guys in public that couldnt even FIT into them as such, being SLOBS that they are) this so-called "need" to COMPLETLY seperate them as to the style of footwear year after year in the stores just makes NO sense to me @ all.

I totally agree that they are just shoes and/or just heels and we should ask ourselves what the big deal is. Taken from another point of view, some people may say that a bra is just a piece of clothing. True, but its basic purpose is to support breasts. Therefore a bra is labeled a female exclusive garment. So when a male wants to wear something that traditionally is common to the womens department, it is seen as abnormal to the average person. We all know that they are really narrow minded, but that's because "we" are enlightened! Reading posts here, I am getting the impression that when men wear heels out in public, the general reaction is not that big of a deal. I imagine it would all depend on where you are. If you lived in a fishing or logging community, like myself, you had better use descretion. It seems like the worst areas are where the teenage toughs are. They have to make a name for themselves and act tough. I just went to a Christmas party and there were a number of men who just wore blue jeans, some with holes, and everyday shirts. Not quite the attire of a semiformal setting. A nice pair of heels would have looked so much better under a nice pair of slacks, than a pair of dirty sneakers under a pair of cruddy jeans. It made me want to tell them that the Salvation Army has nicer pants for $5 and maybe they should go get some. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Frustrated!!! BG

One evening, not long ago, I happened to switch on a TV station that was reporting the local evening news. The last item was a sequence of video tape taken of a man shopping in the ladies lingerie section of a local department store. The tape was of a man looking over brassieres hanging on a rack. Over his arm, was a dress, a skirt and a couple of blouses. After he selected a bra, the camera followed him to the dressing rooms. When he emerged from one of the dressing rooms, he was shown returning everything, except the bra, to the place he found them. The last view of this man was as he was at the checkout counter paying for the bra. The woman at the cash register was very courteous, even asking if needed help finding other items. All the while the tape was running, the reporter kept up a running commentary about how unusual it was for a man shopping in a woman’s department and taking dresses and other items of women’s apparel into a dressing room to try them on and then purchasing a bra that – the commentator opined – must have been a good fit. Needless to say, his comments were snide, disparaging and unflattering towards the man’s manhood. While I didn’t email the station with my thoughts on the report, I really wonder how many “flaming emails” the reporter received about his attitude?

I too love the way they feel on my feet. I'm not saying they make me feel "sexy", but they do make me feel different some times. I don't have the same feeling everytime, but it does make me feel better. Is it wrong for a guy to feel SEXY when wearing heels? I'm not suggesting is it, just throwing out the question. I think it depends on our mood, what kind of heels we are wearing, what else we are wearing(or not wearing), the situation, and most important, who we are with. So yes, you could feel "sexy" and it be a perfectly normal response. A male sexy vs. a female sexy vs. a TV/TG sexy? Thoughts? BG

What's wrong with feeling sexy? Women wear high heels for the same darn reason - it's just that it's taboo for men to wear them, particularly the stiletto type.

I don't know that I've ever felt "male" sexy wearing heels; certainly sexy with a feminine slant to it would be more realistic for me.

It's all about the heel!

Your exactly right BootGuy. I see men shopping all over wearing ugly dirty tennis shoes and jeans when the women they are with are dressed to kill. Then I go walking by in nice pants and heels. Who do you think they're lady is looking at now? It just discussed me to see how inconsiderate men are with the way they dress to go out now days.

real men wear heels

i love the looks of the shoes and how they feel. i dnot think i look sexy nor am i trying to look sexy. i think it stems from my love of womans feet. i would show a pic of what i wore to work today but i cant upload images (?). also, how do i put an icon under my name?

What about confidence and a sense of control? When I'm out in heels, I love the feeling of confidence and having the strength and power to walk like a man in heels without stumbling or wobbling all over. It's really a great feeling when you walk buy a lady in heels and yours are taller than her's and you are walking better than she. Most women I know are very jealous of the way I sport my heels but that is not what I'm after. I just wanta have fun.

real men wear heels

For me, it's about wearing something that I find attractive, and something that was long denied while growing up. So often I would lust after the adorable, sexy shoes women would wear and wonder what they must be like to wear. At the same time, I would look at the boring, ho-hum shoes I was wearing and wonder why I have to wear such boring shoes. Now that I met my wife who encouraged me to explore it, I'm glad I did. Still working on the confidence to wear them outside, but I'm sure the day will come.

I wish I knew the real reason. It is some form of inner compulsion, coupled to a feeling of relaxation and satisfaction. In the beginning there was also the excitement of breaking a taboo, but that has gone long ago. It is still there when I go out with heels though. Talking about compulsions: More than a year ago I saw a program on dutch television about someone who as a boy saw a movie about a mermaid and he got so obsessed by that that from then on, all he wanted was to become a mermaid. Someone had made him a tail to put on, but at the moment of the program (s)he was in a very advanced stage of a sex change. I think the operation was rather imminent. They showed that movie and watched it and the person became so emotional that they only thing that could be done was go to the pool, put on the tail and go for a swim. How powerful the mind can be. Hence I am happy that my compulsion only makes me do things that are easy to do. And the shoes are very elegant as well. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I feel good in them and the look is good. I have been wearing cowboy boots for many years, now I wear ladies boots with a higher heel. I would like to find ladies cowboy boots in size 12 with a heel of about 3 inches but no luck yet.

To Boots welcome to the group. I have worn cowboy boots all my life and all of my boots except one pair of ropers have at least a 2" rideing heel. Wearing womens heels is such a differnt feeling and to me are very comfortable to wear. My next purchase will be ladies boots with a 3.5" or 4" heel.Note preferably cowboy boots. Boots check out Tony Lama or Cowtown boot company they have some really nice ladies boots.:santa_hat:

I wear heels because I like them. When I see my boots on my feet I feel like they look really good on me. Besides I feel really sexy wearing high heeled boots, they give me a sense of sexiness that cannot be described. If you feel sexy and good in them you shouldn't worry about it, just use them and be thankful that you can feel like that.

For me, it's about wearing something that I find attractive, and something that was long denied while growing up. So often I would lust after the adorable, sexy shoes women would wear and wonder what they must be like to wear. At the same time, I would look at the boring, ho-hum shoes I was wearing and wonder why I have to wear such boring shoes.

This seems to sum up my experience as well. Growing up I was much enamored of the shoes that the women wore in my dad's office. He made some good hires! Still, I couldn't even think about asking them about their shoes at the time... Only just under 6 years ago did I finally get my own place and was able to experiment.

Men's shoes are very boring for the most part, though I do have one pair that is pretty good and that almost appear feminine, w/o being women's shoes.

I really like the look of pumps or flats on my feet and some of the pairs I have tried fit much better than my men's shoes. Others, well, have not been quite so comfy... but almost all of them have looked good.

I was always fussy with shoe selection growing up. It could easily take me an hour to "settle" on a pair as I didn't like anything. I guess it was because I was looking in the wrong section. :santa_hat:

I also love the U-throat look on pumps or flats that just can't be found on men's shoes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's certainly good to read simplistic, uncomplicated responses to the "why" question. No need to reinvent the wheel or try to come up with some multi-faceted explanation for what we do when it boils down to nothing more than just enjoyment. We wear heels because we like to, nothing more, nothing less. And that's the way it should be! Period!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

We wear heels because we like to, nothing more, nothing less. And that's the way it should be! Period!

Thanks Jeff; we keep reinventing the same wheel and truthfully, it gets boring after a while. Thank you for clearing the air concisely!

It's all about the heel!

Thanks Jeff; we keep reinventing the same wheel and truthfully, it gets boring after a while. Thank you for clearing the air concisely!

I think the real reason we tend to "reinvent" this wheel over and over is because we're constantly searching for a plausable explanation to a practice that currently stigmatizes "men wearing high heels" as devient behavior, into the "socially accepted practices" column.

I think the real reason we tend to "reinvent" this wheel over and over is because we're constantly searching for a plausable explanation to a practice that currently stigmatizes "men wearing high heels" as devient behavior, into the "socially accepted practices" column.

I beg to differ. I for one don't search for any explanation, plausible or otherwise for what I enjoy doing. Don't need to search for one either because I strongly believe that men wearing heels is no more deviant than women wearing combat boots. What's more, I don't need to explain to anyone why love wearing women's shoes because it's my business, not society's. Only narrowminded people, still locked into gender stereotypes attributed to clothing would get worked up over something as simple as footwear. I'm not going to get my boxers in bunch worrying about whether or not what I do is "socially accepted". Life's too short for such minor concerns.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!