Why Do You Wear Heels?

johnieheel

I just have since I can remember. I like what they do for my stature. (I think that's the word) I like them even more than chocolate or flowers, even a sauna massage and clean sheets don't come close.

Amanda, if the word you had in mind is a synonym for "height" then you got the right one. JeffB, I would change one word in your comment a couple of posts back. I would change the word "simplistic" to "simple". Other than that, I am in full agreement. There's nothing wrong with simple statements like "I wear heels because I like the way they feel" or "I like what they do for my stature." Our society seems to have gotten hung up on long-winded, wordy explanations rife with deep-seated and hidden meanings, explanations that require a PhD in something to understand. Some things in life just ain't that complicated. (Thank goodness.) Whatever your reason for liking or wearing heels, just figure out how to live with it and have fun!

Have a happy time!

Amanda, if the word you had in mind is a synonym for "height" then you got the right one.

JeffB, I would change one word in your comment a couple of posts back. I would change the word "simplistic" to "simple". Other than that, I am in full agreement.

There's nothing wrong with simple statements like "I wear heels because I like the way they feel" or "I like what they do for my stature." Our society seems to have gotten hung up on long-winded, wordy explanations rife with deep-seated and hidden meanings, explanations that require a PhD in something to understand.

Some things in life just ain't that complicated. (Thank goodness.)

Whatever your reason for liking or wearing heels, just figure out how to live with it and have fun!

Oh, I forgot, they make me feel sexy and elegant too...hmm, now it's becoming complicated.:roll:

I beg to differ. I for one don't search for any explanation, plausible or otherwise for what I enjoy doing. Don't need to search for one either because I strongly believe that men wearing heels is no more deviant than women wearing combat boots. What's more, I don't need to explain to anyone why love wearing women's shoes because it's my business, not society's. Only narrowminded people, still locked into gender stereotypes attributed to clothing would get worked up over something as simple as footwear. I'm not going to get my boxers in bunch worrying about whether or not what I do is "socially accepted". Life's too short for such minor concerns.

Just a minute, please! Read what I wrote in context. I'm sorry you took my comment as being personally offensive or being critical of men wearing heels. It isn't. Secondly, JeffB, given your past history of wearing heels to your work place, for what must have been over a year, I should believe that you wouldn't be anxious if you encountered an acquaintance while out and about wearing a skirt and/or heels in public.

Now, there are very few or our members (Firefox, Calv, Xphod, Francis, kneehighs, you, Johnnyheels, ronie, and several others) out of hhplace's entire male membership of well over 3,000, that are comfortable enough with their persona that it wouldn't matter if they happened to encounter a family member, old friend, neighbor, business or other acquaintance while wearing women's shoes, especially high heels.

Why then would the other members that are not as self-assured seem agitated, concerned or uneasy if they encounter someone they knew that wasn’t aware of their preference for high heels? Why else would they be looking for a plausible explanation as to why they are wearing women's shoes? The fear of the stigma of a man openly wearing articles of women's attire while in public, as well as the fear of being recognized for participating in what is currently recognized in our society as a deviant sexual sexual activity.

The search for a plausible excuse for their appearance is, as you said, socially driven by "narrow minded people, still locked into gender stereotypes attributed to clothing (that) would get worked up over something as simple as footwear. Therefore, they search for some valid reason they can recite to "save face, avoid shame" and convince others they are acting perfectly normal.

Regardless of how much the members of this community wish that the general public would approve and accept our wearing our high heels in public as "normal," let's face it -- it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. It doesn't matter if Johnny heels, you or any other member, presents an attitude of "a sharp stick in your eye and a pox on your house” if you don't approve -- the identification of gender through dress, mannerisms, physical appearance (beards, etc) has been ingrained into civilization over the past several thousand years. So it doesn't matter if a few men shout, bawl, bellow, bluster, call, clamor, cry, halloo, holler, roar, vociferate, whoop, yawp, yell, blare, scream, shriek or proclaim in any other blatantly startling way that "society is being unfair" to men that want our current society to accept men wearing what has been traditionally women's clothing, as normal.

Now, these are the facts. Most of us accept these facts and try to go about our business and live the best we can,as happily as we can, regardless of what we think of people that don't approve. That doesn't change anything. Men wearing women's clothing in today’s society is still looked upon as abnormal and anyone participating is practicing deviant sexual behavior. It's the way of the world. Not of hhplace.

This is my opinion. I take total responsibility for all that I've written. Those of you that want to disagree or challenge me, have at it. But, before you go off half cocked, please read my comments very carefully and think through your responses -- otherwise, you will just be proving my point.

And, under no circumstances should you think that I am being critical of any man that wears high heels or cross dresses to any extend, degree or manner, Because I am not. I am a high heel wearer. I wear my high heels in public. I fully understand your feelings and the cause of your anxieties. I have them myself. Although, they have all but disappeared over time and with experience.

I feel more confident in heels, both in terms of being higher up, and in terms of just feeling sexy. I got into heels at home because I thought they were a good way to train my legs as I was doing a lot of dance back then. I don't know if it helped but it was fun. I wear heels now as much as I can out of the house, and another reason I wear them is because my BF loves me wearing them inside, so I wear them for him!

I like to wear highheels because of the restrictive feeling mainly; (the same reason i love to wear corsets :roll:) I like the effort it takes, and it pays off with a very proud feeling. Somehow when i wear them it gives me an extra submissive feeling towards women. Now i think of it... i recon if i wear them, i walk correctly etc etc.. i feel like a happy puppy-dog towards a lady:silly: i suppose my reason to wear heels is allittle different than most i've read here... oh well

I like to wear highheels because of the restrictive feeling mainly; (the same reason i love to wear corsets :roll:) I like the effort it takes, and it pays off with a very proud feeling. Somehow when i wear them it gives me an extra submissive feeling towards women.

Now i think of it... i recon if i wear them, i walk correctly etc etc.. i feel like a happy puppy-dog towards a lady:silly:

i suppose my reason to wear heels is allittle different than most i've read here... oh well

dizzy ...

It doesn't matter if your reasons are different. What matters is the reasons that matter to you. You're right, everyone feels the same in some regards, yet there are sidebar, personal reasonsin addition to "I love wearing high heels." What matters is that you enjoy wearing high heels, you wear them privately or publicly, and it makes you happy.

got it in one !

thanks !

Heels are part of our personality; people all do different style ideas and we choose heels - at least - as part of ours. We are as valid in our style as much as anyone else, in fact i admire anyone who dares to be original, be it heels, dreadlocks, emos, rockers,; the important thing is to be full on....

Most 'fashion' is boring clones....