I seem to have reached my goal...

Bootylicious

Well guys, 2 yrs. of searching and 2 pairs of too feminine looking boots later I think I have reached my destination with my latest purchase: a pair of black leather Western-style kneehighs from Paolo Biondini with 3 inch heels.

I have worn these magnificent boots to WORK the last 2 days of last week. Yes, you read it correctly, to WORK!

Posted Image

I just couldn't resist it anymore, these boots are exactly what I had in mind as the perfect pair for me so I just plunged in. After a (still nervous) short walk through my neighborhood after dark last Sunday evening I wore 'm to the pool this week. That went so well from my part that I suddenly got the urge to wear them to work. Mind you, I wasn't planning on doing that AT ALL but I'm not really an outgoing person so the chances I have for street heeling are not that common.

I still don't know what got over me but on Thursday I just put them on in the morning and left. I matched them with a plain black straight legged Levis of which the hems covered the heels only 1/2inch, so no complete cover up but the heels exposed. I did take my regular shoes with me however, in case I would chicken out at the last moment. The walk from the car to the front door is short and my desk is some 15 metres from there on, so the entry was pretty safe. Our office however is one big open space so there was no chance of hiding the entire day in my own private cubicle or room.

First hurdle was going over to the coffee corner, in plain view for everyone. When I got there a female colleague was getting coffee when another male colleague unexpectedly came in from the factory. He spotted my boots instantly: "WOW, I'd better stay clear of you with those sharp points. Did you just buy these boots?"

"Relax," I replied, "I'm not gonna kick you and yes, these are my new boots."

"Aren't those difficult to walk in?" he asked and I told him no but that I had my regular shoes with me, just in case my feet would get painful. At that point the female colleague said: "My husband wears Western boots a lot, his are not as sharp pointed and high heeled as these but the pointy toes are no problem. He doesn't want any other footwear."

Well, that went perfect and as I walked back to my desk I said to the female colleague: "You have to try something new once in a while, don't you?"

"You are SO right, good for you.", she replied.

I was a bit baffled by these positive reactions and happy that I was exposed before I had the chance to sit down, I might not have dared to stand up for quite some time but now the cat was out of the bag from the start.

At the 1st coffee break the male colleague came over to my desk and asked: "How are your boots doing? Do you like 'em?"

I said: "They're just perfect. They feel great!"

More to come later if you're interested...

Of course! We're always interested in hearing how "outings" go. Positive reportings can not but help those members that are right on the edge of taking the plunge into the open wearing their heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Congratulations on your outing. That heel style looks really cool. You've broken the ice at work so you should be able to get more creative. Good for you!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/9398-boots_contest-4.html#post145710

OK, here it goes...

It wasn't exactly the easiest day I had picked for my coming-out. After half an hour our CEO (who resides at another location normally) came in for an appointment with a colleague sitting closest to me, some 5 metres away and he spent the whole morning there. We don't have a dress code or anything and after some hesitation I just decided to walk around normally. Our office is carpeted but it's very thin so my boots still cause a distinct thumb. (I love it!) No reaction.

After he had left I had an appointment with 2 sales reps. of a potential new supplier. I walked up to great them and lead them upstairs to the conference room. The stairs is made of wood and my heels caused a nerv wrecking hell of a noise but again, no funny looks.

The meeting was very good, very nice guys and I could really feel I was getting more and more relaxed. I even started to feel really happy thinking about the boots I was wearing. Almost surrealistic.

After the meeting I just proudly clacked downstairs after them and didn't care anymore. Nobody in the office even glanzed up. Back behind my desk I just had to take peeks at my beautiful boots every time: I couldn't believe I'd actually done it and apparently it wasn't a big deal to anyone. I mean, we're not talking 6 inch metal stilettos here but these boots aren't exactly Joe Average footwear either. They're sold as darn sexy female boots and this lucky guy is wearing them like it's perfectly normal!

Normally during the lunch break I check this site for new posts or Google around for some more boot-related material but this time I had no urge to do that: I had all the boot-related material I needed right there on my feet! So I walked up to the female colleague for a chat when male colleague #1 came in again. He and I like to tease each other so he pointed his fingers at me and called out: "Tomorrow you're gonna be armed, right! Or better still, wear spurs!"

I replied: "Yeah, that would be cool, wouldn't it."

"I have plenty of spurs for you." the female colleague reacted, (she owns horses) and we had a laugh. At that point another male colleague first saw my boots and looked at us in a mixture of surprise and disbelief but he kept quiet.

So, satisfied and proud I walked back to my desk and I must say this was turning out to be the best working day in years because it has been a long time that I was so relaxed and productive. No more boots on the brain but right there where they belong: on my feet!

Strange thing is that during lunch I didn't even feel like typing this all down for you guys already, it came all so natural that it didn't seem something special to be writing about...

To be continued...

Bootylicious -

Congratulations on winning the head game we are all playing. :smile: It is really all a matter of believing (really believing) you are not doing anything wrong and projecting confidence in what you are doing. I am starting to conclude that experiencing that win is the only way to understand it was a head game all along. Having a supporting group around, as you have described your co-workers helps a lot, but most people really don’t care.

By the way the boots do look great and I’m looking forward to reading more of your posts.

I started a thread Boots at Work that you might find interesting. I do make a distinction about what I wear at work and when I’m not at work. We do have a dress code that expects appropriate business attire but so far no one (managers included) have said anything about my wearing boots at work.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 months later...

A little update of my experiences with wearing my heeled boots a couple of months to work now.

I feel declined to start with a negative reaction from 1 colleague in all this time now. The only negative one so far I must add and this guy's got a big mouth anyway. It's been a while back now, the 1st time he saw my boots when I walked up to a group of 6-7 co-workers he noticed the clacking and glanced down at my feet. "What the hell are those..." he blurted out but I immediately changed conversation and hoped that would be the end of it. Too bad, a few secs. later he walked up to me and asked in a loud manner, trying to attract everyone's attention: "Since when are you wearing stiletto heels?" He then tried to step on the point of a boot stating laughingly stupid: "There's something wrong here, they are pointing upwards. You have to bring them down."

I warned him I was wearing very expensive boots and he'd better not touch them and back off. Which he did. I quickly glanzed round to see the faces of the other co-workers and they seemed embarrased by his stupid behavior more then about me. Not another word about it was spoken. Everytime this guy sees me now he tries to act normal but as far as I'm concerned he's history.

Posted Image

I feel more secure by the day and to be honest: Going to work has become even more fun now because a new dimension is added in the form of choosing the right outfit for the day. I upgraded my entire wardrobe to match the boots and I just have to walk by the full length windows in the office each day to see my reflection and how cool these high heeled boots make me look and walk. Now and then I wear my regular shoes, only to be really longing to wear the boots the next day again.

Last week I brought up the subject with the female co-worker by saying that I really liked my boots and they performed better than I'd expected. We talked some more about boots and she suggested there were also Western boots with lower heels that might be even more comfortable for me. I said: "Yeah well, I know these are pretty extreme and may shock some people but I love 'em."

"Don't let other peoples reactions stop you," she concluded, "that's their problem, not yours."

Anyway, last night I visited a friend and his wife and decided to dress up and wear my boots for the 1st time. His wife never even looked at them once (as far as I could see) but my friend couldn't keep his eyes of them. It was hilarious, I placed my boots in plain view for them and every time his puzzling eyes wandered down at my feet, drawn like a magnet, but he didn't say a word about them.

I started to teese him a bit by moving my feet around and touching and looking at the boots myself but I couldn't get him to react. I would love to know if he said anything to his wife after I'd left.

It's been said numerous times on this forum and I can agree: Wearing heels as a guy is mostly a head game. I'm glad I found the right look that gave me the confidence to come out first to people that already know me well. For me that works better than starting out in public and hoping to not encounter someone who knows me.

I'll take it from here...

Awesome story and even more awesome boots! I also agree they are western style boots perfection.

It's funny how we adapt our wardrobe to the shoes/boots and not the other way round lol. It's necessary though since nothing looks worse than an uncoordinated fashion look with a pair of heels (on men AND women).

While most people don't mind or won’t comment negatively on a guy in heels there's always the retard who tries to give him/herself a confidence boost on your expense and they figure a guy in heels is an easy target. I liked how you handled it though, made the guy look like an idiot in front of everyone, which he is. If that sob would've stepped on my new pointed toe boots (or any of my boots/shoes for that matter) he'd be surprised how ferocious a retaliation by a 5'4" guy can be.

Please keep feeding us your adventure stories, you certainly have a crowd of readers, myself included.

• Like 1

i really like your taste in boots...those ideal in my eyes,altho i would prefer them up to my crotch. as far as mr negative, let him fornicate with himself and the horse he rode in on. one thing ive found out from years of wearing in public is that i totally exposes the truly boorish and subhuman among us.

Booty Way to go congratulations and keep it up the more of us that wear in public and to work and post how it is going the easier it becomes for others to try heeling out and the more that wear their heels move the fashion closer to normal. Again way to go. ;)

http://www.stiefel-laden.de/Shop/product_info.php?info=p530

I had another encounter with Mr. Negative this week. I came down the stairs when he was in the office again. "Jeez, first you see a couple of long pointy toes and then the rest of you follows along." he started. Nobody, incl. me reacted. "You know guys," he continued, "I believe he's a line-dancer. Are you a line-dancer?" he now asked me.

I was in a 'feel good about my boots' mood and not about to be provoced so I just smiled and sat down. Nobody else gave him any comment either. He shrugged and went on his way saying: "I know, I know, I've got a big mouth but if I see something like this I can't stop myself from commenting, I'm sorry."

I just know at one point when we're alone he will ask me why I'm wearing these high heeled boots. I can't wait till that happens cause I got just the answer for him. This is the image I'm torturing him with:

Posted Image

He's weird but not really a bad person. I think he just can't grasp the idea that I'm the same guy who proudly showed up one day last year in his new sports coupe from Münich, which also caused his jaw to drop. To him wearing heels and fast cars are on opposite sides of the masculinity spectrum, for me they're 2 things that excite me and give me great pleasure, especially combined.

I like to look at my boots as I do on the wheels of my car: they should stand out to create a powerful and sexy image which gives any car an edge. However, they can also stand out too much and draw all the attention, that usually doesn't look good and shifts the image out of balance.

I'm now on the search for a pair of heeled summer boots, I hate the idea of having to go back to normal shoes for a couple of months. I've never worn such comfortable footwear as the last couple of months.

Let me just say again how much I LOVE your boots. I have a pair of Old Gringo "Dona Carlota" 2.5 inch heel cowboy boots that look similar, (1)

only pointier and not knee high. I'd probably buy the pair you have later on, can't afford them at the moment. Are they Italian made? soft Nappa leather?

Let me also commend you on your look. The white shirt/jeans you're wearing and the boots are a winning combo! All you need is a nice leather jacket and a pair of aviator sunglasses to complete the badass look.

Personally I think it is very masculine. You'd get lots of compliments from the cowboys/cowgirls in Alberta which is kinda like the equivalent of the State of Texas in the US (horses/cowboys/big pickup trucks/oil/rednecks lol etc).

How does that weirdo dress? Maybe it's jealousy or that he simply has a big mouth like he says and doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. I know the type and I agree that most are not bad people, just annoying.

How is Munich, tolerant wise to freestyle fashion? I know you could easily get away with almost anything in Berlin but what about in the Bavaria region?

If I may ask (A bit off the subject I know), what kind of sports coupe? I like German salons. I won't mind eventually getting my hands on a BMW 5 series or better yet, a VW Phaeton.

Keep up with the interesting stories!

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to say those are a great looking pair of boots and you where them well. I liked the way you handled the loudmouth. I'll bet you've won the admiration of everyone in your office. I wear high heeled men's and cowboy boots to my office and there are a few silly comments. But no one yet has confronted me like you were confronted. Good job and good luck to you.;)

• 7 months later...

After reading a lot of posts of would-like-to-be and 1st time streetheelers I decided to update my post with some new experiences. I consider myself still as a beginner though.

Since a few weeks I've started to wear my +3" heeled Western boots to work again. During summer I've had them on in the house a lot so they're really 2nd nature now. I started out the 1st week with a new bootcut, slightly flared light blue Levis that I specially bought for the boots. Without heels the pants are useless unless I want them shred after a week, they show only 1/2" of heel and the tip of the toe.

I faced 2 new challenges the 1st week: bringing my car to the dealer for repairs was the 1st. While I was waiting at the desk a female customer came in. The also female clerk walked me to the back to pick up the rental but it wasn't there. When we both click-clacked back and went outside we passed the female customer and she was looking at me passing by. Women usually don't look at me a 2nd time so I guess she was intrigued by my boots. I didn't care and left with the rental which turned out to be manual (BMW 120i) and that was a 1st in pointy heeled boots too!

The 2nd challenge that week was that I finally found a mate for playing pool during lunch. A new colleague likes to play too so after a week in normal shoes I now had to face him in my boots. Now, last year that would have worried me still and I might have backed out but now I don't care anymore. Anyway, there is no carpet around the pool table and I can tell you guys it's my favorite part of the day now. There's just something sexy about walking around and hanging over a pool table in heeled boots. I deliberately clack my heels sometimes or play with my feet before a shot. And my colleague: he hasn't looked or reacted in the slightest...

The 2nd week proved some more challenges: a few colleagues from another branch office came over to work with us for a period of time. One of them was going to work closely with me and I've known him for a long time already. He respects me but I expected him to say something about my boots at some point. I wore them with a black slim Levis with the trouser legs slightly over the heels. This is the best looking combo I've got. When my colleague caught the first glimpse of the pointy toes he was obviously intrigued cause he kept looking at them every chance he got. At some point he sat next to me at my desk and I slid back a bit and crossed my right leg over the left to give him a good look at the high heel. That caught his attention for sure but he kept quiet. Since then he has gotten used to it and it doesn't distract him anymore.

Last year I was still a bit unsettled sometimes and didn't just do everything spontaneously, but more planned as to when and where I would venture in the office. That's all in the past and everything comes natural again now, I really feel the boots are an integral part of me and just look damn good!

The 3rd week I was planning on wearing my oldest pair of Levis: it's the skinniest I got and the trouser legs barely go over my calves. That presented another challenge: this pants is also the shortest I have, it's long enough for flat shoes but with my boots on they only touch the top of the heels when I'm standing straight. I practised a bit on Sunday and I just love the way they make the boots stand out. Bootcut's are fine and might make you feel more secure but there's nothing better than seeing myself really wearing underslung high heels and long pointy toes. So I went for it on Monday...

Posted Image

For a meeting that week a few other colleagues came over, they hadn't seen me in heels before either and there I was challenged again. When I lead them up the stairs that gave them a good close-up look of my boots. At the top one of them complimented me:

"Nice shoes you're wearing! Or are those boots?" (sounding sincere)

"Hmm, yep..." (slightly embarrased)

"Wow!" (impressed)

Needless to say that gave me an enormous confidence boost.

The only challenge I didn't face was the visit to a trade show in my boots. I did bring them with me but my feet are not up to hours and hours of walking in the boots. Not up for walking in plain shoes for that long either BTW. I would like to have done it because trade shows are a paradise for heel lovers: some of those magnificent women in crazy high heeled boots and pumps would surely have reacted at the sight of a guy in heels but I guess that would have been pushing my luck.

Hope I wasn't too wordy...

• 1 month later...

Hello Bootylicious ; Great story ! I guess i recognice both pair of boots . I bought the same pair BIONDINI boots and they are Great !. Those brown western boots in your avator are now mine ! . Great to wear them and a perfect fit . Thanks for selling them to me . Prutske255