Tell us how you got into high heels

Firefox

Wow, so many "Guests" posts. I guess everyone is so excited to tell their stories they forget to log in,...or maybe it was on purpose, kind of like confessions??? hmmm :) I don't remember when I started (maybe because I was too young), but my parents told me as a child I would always run around in females shoes/heels/flipflops even though there were male shoes or my own nearby. They just thought it was odd, but didn't think anything more of it about my preference as a child. Got into elementary school and didn't think much about them, and just wore male shoes as it was the proper thing to wear. I would still occassionally wear females shoes, but it was more out of necessity than desire, like throwing out the trash and those were the closest shoes by the door. I didn't play with girl dolls or clothes, but was just a regular boy that did what typical boys do. Got to middle school and started paying more attention to females. Noticed they had nice sandals and I wanted a pair. Got a few strappy sandals in my teens and kept them in my room. My late teens was when platforms were coming back in style, early to mid 90's??. My girlfriend got me a pair of platform chunky heeled sandals as a gift. Amazing how open minded she was, being that we were so young. I still have them in fact. When I started working and could buy many non-necessity items, I started buying more flip flops, strappy wedged sandals, and maybe an occassional pointy heel. I'm still a sucker for buying platform flip flops though. Some I've just bought and tried them on and never wore them again because I didn't want to get them dirty or worn. Then I would collect all the colors available for that style. Some people collect memorabilia, I collect these :o I'm getting off topic here, sorry. I noticed some people's post that their heel fascinations started around puberty. I guess with the onset of puberty, it triggers something?

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

Like a typical American boy, I tried on a few of my mom's things, including her heels, around the time they fit, which for me was in the 7th grade. And in the fifth grade, I tried on a few of my neighbor's heels, during the two weeks I was feeding her fish while they were on vacation. I even wore a pair of her white clogs while wearing a kimono as I gave a speech on Japanese culture during fifth grade. Other than that, and a short period in college where I'd occasionally wear my girlfriend's heels (HH clogs - warm!) when my own shoes were wet after sledding on the golf course after a big snowstorm, I'm pretty much averse to heels. In fact, when the orthopedist who was looking at my soccer-blown ankle told me the best remedy for me was to wear an elevated heel, I thought "ok" - until I saw the prices. That's when I stopped by Payless to see if they had anything that was fairly indiscrete I could wear around the house. I did, and after a while, began wearing more stylish, but still discrete, ladies shoes. It progressed into occasionally wearing around town, then pretty much into full-time wear. I still wear flats on the job, though, for various reasons we've beat to death on this board.

My fascination with heels started when I was a kid, although it wasn't until I was in seventh grade that I actually tried some on. What really sealed it was seeing my aunt wearing black pumps during a visit to Chicago on Easter weekend in 1971. The heel height was 3 maybe 3 1/2 inches, and seeing the arches of her feet wink with every step she took was a ig turn on. As I recall, stiletto pumps weren't all that big during most of the 70s. They did come back during the 80s. I looked forward to subbing at high schools, where I would almost always see at least a few girls in stiletto pumps. Fast forward to August of last year, when I finally took the plunge and bought my first pair of heels - Sexy Pumps from Frederick's of Hollywood. Since then I've acquired Jantes and Pleasers, with the Pleasers being my favorite. I was surprised at how easily I took to wearing and walking in 5-inch stilettos.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

i started with moms boots. she wore stylish medium heel knee boots. after my feet got too big for them i began buying my own. i would tell the clerks i was buying them for my sister,gf,whatever. now when i go to payless i wear my thigh or crotchboots in there and try on the boots i like. i have established a rapport with the ladies there,they know me by name now

I was about 12-13 when I started trying on my mothers boots. She didn't wear any with much style but I enjoyed the time wearing them while she was out until my feet grew too big. I have always admired women wearing most any style of boot although high heels are my favorite. I didn't wear any heels again until the early 70's when platforms wear a big thing and I had a couple of pair, mens only at that time. I didn't act on my urge to wear heeled boots/shoes until about 5-6 years ago when I was able to get online and find what I wanted. It was nice to shop from home and have them delivered to my door. This got me started and I now have 4 pair of boots ranging from 3-5" heels and one pair of 5" stiletto pumps. I haven't as of yet gotten my wife to come around to my wearing them so my time out and about is limited to when I am alone. I hope after the new year to work on this. I really enjoy heel wearing, especially boots.. Jim

i remembered always liking women's shoes... i first wore heels when i was about 8, my aunt had a walk-in closet full of shoes and a light in it (she was only a size 6m which was perfect for me then)... a couple pairs of sandals turned into me walking in some green 3" heels made by proxy. i remember almost falling on about the 3rd step, then regaining my balance and never even rocking in them again. a few years passed and i eventually outgrew every pair of shoes she had. my grandma actually had some rather nice shoes (some wedges, mules, a couple pairs of pumps), and when I'd go to her house, she let me wear what i want when i wanted, as long as i didn't wander into the hallway. i think these summer visits were what really got me hooked onto all types of women's shoes. eventually i outgrew her size 10s, so i was without for awhile, but i would always shop to myself (ie, the internet, jcpenney's catalog) which kept the interest alive. today i own a pair of slingback sandals (flat :)), some 2" wedges, a nice pair of flip-flops (howdy flipflip klipklop!), and the 5" stilettos from fredericks i mentioned in another thread. i'm looking to expand my collection with pumps and a couple pairs of boots too.

i plan to, and i'm gonna follow the advice of one of the other members here (don't immediately remember who) that said wear other women's shoes whilst shopping to remove the shock factor very good advice i must say!

Most people seem to have tried on heels as their first experience. Mine was more a fetishistic approach resulting in masturbation. The smell and feel were wonderful to me. Only later (late teens) did I first think to wear high heels. I now enjoy both aspects.

Did anyone else start this way?

I also started this way. My first pair of high heels didn't even fit. I bought them so I could fondle them, caress them, kiss them, lick and suck them, and smell them. I masturbated all over them. I knew then that I would have to have a pair that fit me. I bought a pair of black leather pumps that had two inch heels. I got an indescribable sexual thrill when I first put them on. I've been wearing high heels ever since. I still masturbate every time I put a pair of shoes or boots on. What power they exude!

HIGH HEELS FOREVER!!

i plan to, and i'm gonna follow the advice of one of the other members here (don't immediately remember who) that said wear other women's shoes whilst shopping to remove the shock factor

very good advice i must say!

It's always a thrill to go shopping for women's shoes or boots while wearing women's shoes or boots. I feel llike I'm in charge.

It's always a thrill to go shopping for women's shoes or boots while wearing women's shoes or boots. I feel llike I'm in charge.

Yes, walking into a shoeshop wearing women's shoes is like 'presenting your credentials' at an exclusive club. No matter your appearance, by wearing heels you have, in effect, uttered the secret password.

Similarly, I remember appearing at the Dartmouth (as in Royal Naval College) sailing club looking like something the cat had dragged in. A well dressed gentleman sailor enquired if he 'could help'. I asked for the showers and what time dinner was being served. Having been told this, he enquired where I had come from .... St Ives. My boat? .... the 32 footer on the pontoon. My crew? .... singlehanded ! We don't get many people singlehanding boats that large .... I hope you enjoy your stay here.

..... credentials presented and approved !

Xa

I was about 10 years old when I remember trying on my moms highheels. My mom is very short, she is only 5'2" tall, so she has worn highheels all of her life. Moms feet were excptanally large, she wore a size 10. My mom has more pairs of highheels then Imelda Marcos, all of them 5 to6" tall. So I found some of her heels that she didnt wear because of the style, my dad was the worlds worst shoe buyer, so those shoes were the ones given to her for her birthday, or christmas, so I knew that mom wouldnt miss them. At first her shoes were loose, but as I got older, they fit me perfectly, I was in the 7th grade in 1974, so disco was just getting started, and highheels and platforms were starting to come into style for both male and female also bellbottom jeans were in style.By the time I was in 8th grade, I was wearing moms highheels to school, and loving it. About the middle of the 8th grade, mom caught me wearing her old heels and she encouraged me!!! She thought that it was awesome that I loved the same types of shoes that she did and for my birthday she took me out shopping for my own shoes. At that time I was 13 years old and I have worn at least 4" highheels ever since. Mom is now 83 years old and cant wear highheels any more. But she still loves highheels and still buys them for me and sends highheels to me for my birthday and christmas, I cant wait for moms package to come. she knows what size that I wear in the different styles and insists that I take pictures of the shoes on my feet after getting them and sending the pictures to her.....I know that this is kind of long, and I hope that you enjoy reading it....

High heels forever, ward

Your story is the exact opposite of what my mom would do for me.

She actually opened my parcel that my stilettos came in then charged into my room to yell at me, saying I needed help with harsher words.

She was mad that I bought heels for myself; I was mad that she opened something addressed to me.

Ward:-) Your Mom must be completely at ease with you wearing heels and it is amazing that she let you wear them to high school too. What were the remarks from the administration, teachers, principal, and other students when you showed up in heels to classes? It sounds like an interesting situation. I'm curious on this. Please enlighten me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i plan to, and i'm gonna follow the advice of one of the other members here (don't immediately remember who) that said wear other women's shoes whilst shopping to remove the shock factor

very good advice i must say!

Absolutely, man ! If you wear heels and you ask for a size, you often don't even have to pop the question "Can I try them on ?" I have had often sales people asked me right away if there was anything in the store that I wanted to try on.

I actually started with women’s gloves. When I was 12 or so I used to take my Mom’s gloves into my room and wear them. I never tried her shoes because I’ve always had big feet and they didn’t fit. I finally bought a pair of nylon opera gloves but it took me long time to discover where to buy them.. Back then department stores had a full time glove counter. Anyway, my first pair of boots were when I was about 14. Knee high boots were just coming into fashion (at least that I noticed) and I went into a store and bought the largest pair they had (:). There was only one style and it had a very low block heel. Of course I hadn’t tried them on and they didn’t fit at all so I cut the shafts off and attached them to my regular shoes and wore then under my pants. I also remember when stretch thigh boots first made the scene when I was around 16. I bought a pair from JC Penny’s catalog. These were skin tight and I had to wear them under my jeans or with shorts. I found lots of other boots and gloves in thrift stores but never ventured out in public. After a stint in the Army, I found a pair of suede over the knee boots with a high (at least 4”) chunk heel. I had never seen boots that tall in a shoe store before. I had a great time with these boots and wore then until they fell apart, but almost always under my jeans. I made my first pair of thigh boots by sewing together the leather shafts and attaching them to a pair of boots. I remember wearing these outside, but never in public. I found my first real pair of leather thigh boots in a discount shoe store in Dallas Texas (business trip) about 20 years ago (wearing them right now). Its just been the past 3 years that I started wearing thigh boots like regular shoes in public. I still love opera length leather gloves but haven’t worn them in public without a coat. Sorry this was so long but it brought back a lot of memories.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I was introduced to the world of womens shoes when I was a kid of 8 or 9. I was playing at my friend's house and he had two older sisters that always wore flip flops in the summer. For whatever reason we both ended up wearing a pair of their flip flops and I was firmly hooked. By the time the 70's came around several years later with all the platform shoes and sandals I started my collection and have been at it ever since. The only real complaint from my wife is that we are running out of room for my shoes!!! :)

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

This is my first post to the board, after lurking for what feels like at least a year, so forgive me if I get a lot off my chest. When I was young, I was very shy and frightened of my own shadow, but had an older sister who was in most regards the exact opposite. She wore some pretty sophisticated clothes and footwear and although I had nothing than familial love for both my sisters, I thought her clothes and shoes/boots were incredibly sexy. For the longest time, from adolescence into adulthood, I thought I was going to wind up into crossdressing, but since then it's turned out that it's really about the shoes. I won't lie and say I do not fantasize about crossdressing, I'm way too guy-like and, well, hairy, to carry it off. I'm going to be forty in a few months, and I've learned some things about myself: this is me, I really enjoy wearing high heels, I'm getting too old to worry too much about what the next person thinks, and in fact, I think the next person is way too wrapped up in his own thoughts to think too heavily about my choice in footwear. I'm now happily married to my second wife, and she's very okay about my heels, in fact she's helped me pick some of them out at the stores. A funny story about how I let her know I was into high heels: We had gotten pretty serious but she'd still not spent a night over at my place, nor had we been intimate yet. I wanted to be right up front about it, and at that time, I owned no heels except my first pair, thighboots I'd bought online, Pleaser 8868 4 inched heels in the black pigskin (extremely comfortable, BTW.) I kept them in my bedroom closet. So, my girlfriend (now wife) and I finally spend a night together and in the morning I'm getting ready for work and I decided that was the time to tell her. I said that I had something to show her, this big buildup, and pull my thighboots out of the closet, and she says, "Oh my god, is that all? I thought you were going to tell me you had a dead body or something in there!" I forgot to mention that at this time, we were both living in the Florida Keys, where nearly anything goes anyway, and my wife was basically what they call a "fresh-water conch," someone who wasn't born in Key West but had come in as a youngster and had grown up there. What my wife thought was funny was that I told her after our first intimate episode, by then it was too late! Later, I dressed up as a pirate for Fantasy Fest only as a pretense to wear my thighboots in public (I got lots of attention and compliments!) My wife worked at the time for a company that sponsored, built and rode on a float in the big finale parade. What a hoot! However, in the walk from the hotel to the car and from the car to the float staging area, I about walked the heel tips off the boots and thought my feet were going to fall off, they were so sore! It didn't help that I had to haul all her and her niece's stuff like the makeup tacklebox and luggage and what-not to the car. So, long story short, I wound up walking to the staging area in my thighboots, got into a few photos with all the other folks from my wife's company, and had to take them off and put on my Tevas. I'd never have made it through five hours of parade. Since then, I've made some strides (pun not intended, but appropriate!) A couple of months ago, on the advice of my wife, I picked up a really cool pair of these black high-heeled trainer affairs, kind of like Reebok-looking things with about a 4in heel. The toes aren't at all pointy, so there's plenty of room in the toebox. They're really comfortable, too. I wore those all weekend two weeks ago, except for some work my Father-in-law and I did around the house (he's okay with my heels, too, although a little more guarded about it than his daughter.) I drove all the way from the Keys to Jacksonville in them, stopping for gas, restroom, chow, etc liberally, and back again on the following Sunday. It was just fine and it felt really awesome. It's like high heels make me feel a little more forward, encourage a little attitude, and I like that they force me to walk the way they do, with a little more deliberation. I even like that they make my behind sway when I walk. I like being a man, but have a side that I'm not afraid any more of allowing out. That said, I think I've found that to me, one of the downsides of heeling is that I find the need to pay closer attention to the rest of my outfit when I want to wear heels. I'm not a dandy or anything, and I don't often feel like working that hard to make the picture complete. Before I close (I realize how long this must be) I wanted to say that I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way, and that this board is here. Two weeks ago, when I spent the weekend in heels, I was at first terrified, but thought that if there's anyone else out there who might feel emboldened enough by seeing me in my heels out and about in St. Augustine and on I-95 or the Florida Turnpike and think they can do it too, then the fright was worth every minute. If more of us got out there and wore our heels normally, naturally, they might become regularly accepted wear. Very Happy Holidays to everyone! Ray

This is my first post to the board, after lurking for what feels like at least a year, so forgive me if I get a lot off my chest. When I was young, I was very shy and frightened of my own shadow, but had an older sister who was in most regards the exact opposite. She wore some pretty sophisticated clothes and footwear and although I had nothing than familial love for both my sisters, I thought her clothes and shoes/boots were incredibly sexy. For the longest time, from adolescence into adulthood, I thought I was going to wind up into crossdressing, but since then it's turned out that it's really about the shoes. I won't lie and say I do not fantasize about crossdressing, I'm way too guy-like and, well, hairy, to carry it off. I'm going to be forty in a few months, and I've learned some things about myself: this is me, I really enjoy wearing high heels, I'm getting too old to worry too much about what the next person thinks, and in fact, I think the next person is way too wrapped up in his own thoughts to think too heavily about my choice in footwear. I'm now happily married to my second wife, and she's very okay about my heels, in fact she's helped me pick some of them out at the stores. A funny story about how I let her know I was into high heels: We had gotten pretty serious but she'd still not spent a night over at my place, nor had we been intimate yet. I wanted to be right up front about it, and at that time, I owned no heels except my first pair, thighboots I'd bought online, Pleaser 8868 4 inched heels in the black pigskin (extremely comfortable, BTW.) I kept them in my bedroom closet. So, my girlfriend (now wife) and I finally spend a night together and in the morning I'm getting ready for work and I decided that was the time to tell her. I said that I had something to show her, this big buildup, and pull my thighboots out of the closet, and she says, "Oh my god, is that all? I thought you were going to tell me you had a dead body or something in there!" I forgot to mention that at this time, we were both living in the Florida Keys, where nearly anything goes anyway, and my wife was basically what they call a "fresh-water conch," someone who wasn't born in Key West but had come in as a youngster and had grown up there. What my wife thought was funny was that I told her after our first intimate episode, by then it was too late! Later, I dressed up as a pirate for Fantasy Fest only as a pretense to wear my thighboots in public (I got lots of attention and compliments!) My wife worked at the time for a company that sponsored, built and rode on a float in the big finale parade. What a hoot! However, in the walk from the hotel to the car and from the car to the float staging area, I about walked the heel tips off the boots and thought my feet were going to fall off, they were so sore! It didn't help that I had to haul all her and her niece's stuff like the makeup tacklebox and luggage and what-not to the car. So, long story short, I wound up walking to the staging area in my thighboots, got into a few photos with all the other folks from my wife's company, and had to take them off and put on my Tevas. I'd never have made it through five hours of parade. Since then, I've made some strides (pun not intended, but appropriate!) A couple of months ago, on the advice of my wife, I picked up a really cool pair of these black high-heeled trainer affairs, kind of like Reebok-looking things with about a 4in heel. The toes aren't at all pointy, so there's plenty of room in the toebox. They're really comfortable, too. I wore those all weekend two weeks ago, except for some work my Father-in-law and I did around the house (he's okay with my heels, too, although a little more guarded about it than his daughter.) I drove all the way from the Keys to Jacksonville in them, stopping for gas, restroom, chow, etc liberally, and back again on the following Sunday. It was just fine and it felt really awesome. It's like high heels make me feel a little more forward, encourage a little attitude, and I like that they force me to walk the way they do, with a little more deliberation. I even like that they make my behind sway when I walk. I like being a man, but have a side that I'm not afraid any more of allowing out. That said, I think I've found that to me, one of the downsides of heeling is that I find the need to pay closer attention to the rest of my outfit when I want to wear heels. I'm not a dandy or anything, and I don't often feel like working that hard to make the picture complete. Before I close (I realize how long this must be) I wanted to say that I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way, and that this board is here. Two weeks ago, when I spent the weekend in heels, I was at first terrified, but thought that if there's anyone else out there who might feel emboldened enough by seeing me in my heels out and about in St. Augustine and on I-95 or the Florida Turnpike and think they can do it too, then the fright was worth every minute. If more of us got out there and wore our heels normally, naturally, they might become regularly accepted wear. Very Happy Holidays to everyone! Ray

I may have said this before somewhere, but I admired the girls at work in their high-heeled slides many years ago. They were so sexy, so I bought a pair - way too small - but I still liked them. You could only find up to 10 then, I take a 13. Went through a number of pairs before marriage, secretly through a first marriage, then openly in the second one. The dream of a lifetime, wearing heels that fit, though not in public, unfortunately, as I like the 6.5" platform stiletto slides. But, I lost the second wife 3 years ago. Had a girl friend for a year who thought my heels were sexy, but am alone now. It's restricting having a son living at home. I don't wear them in front of him, though he has seen them when the wife, and then the girlfriend were here. I do wear them outside, but not away from the house. A little out of place at my age! I get pedicures and polished nails at at salon - a bright red with sparkles yesterday - which probably provides a topic of conversation among all the ladies there. The salon girl is a friend of the wife and me for some years.

Partially copied from another thread: I got my first women's high-heeled boots in late 1978 from Lane Bryant. That would have made me ~26 at the time. They were ~15" knee-hi black leather with a side zipper, plastic "stacked leather" look embossed heels, about 2.75" at the back, ~2.1" at front, size 12. Before that I had a pair of shoes remarkably similar to the "comfy loafer" avatar, and before that, a couple of pairs of decidedly feminine moccasins from Minnetonka (my feet hadn't reached their full length when I was 22--could still, barely, fit into a size 10), and a pair of canvas penny loafers, aka women's deck shoes. I also had access to a pair of my grandmother's "granny-style" wing-tip pumps when I was 12-14, though they grew too small for me as I got older (~size 7.5) and a pair of my older brother's "Spanish boots" that he bought in 1963 (later known as "Beatle Boots") with about the same heel height as the granny's--about 1.5" at front, 2" at back, though they were size 9. Finally, I had a pair of suede mens boots, similar heel height, that I got in 1967, size 10. They eventually got too small also. After they went out of fashion, my parents forbade me to wear them. I didn't, completely, kowtow to their wishes however... My first interest in girls' shoes was in the third grade--I had a crush on a Japanese-Hawaiian girl that wore black patent leather shoes--I had never seen patent leather before. Then there were the twins in the 5th and 6th grades and their white patent go-go boots...all the way to my senior year in high school coveting the brown suede knee boots of a 13-year old girl that I knew, and had a very secret crush on as well.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 years later...

Hi: From my childhood I love to tuoch women legs in my house, to do this, I went under the dinner table and touched the women stockings and jumped like a horse rider over her high heeled pumps, girls loved me too much because I was about 3 Y.O. so the laughed a lot, and caressed me. When I was ill, I went to my mom's bed with her heels and stockings on, then after I was a bachelor about 17 Y.O. I bought my first pair of high heels, a wonderful 4 1/2" heeled pumps, and then, so on, so on, up to my 7" heels and a little more. in my size 11.8)