Tell us how you got into high heels

Firefox

There must be some stories from your teens and childhood that other would like to hear. Maybe you can relate to their experiences too. Post your replies in this thread. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-05 17:25 ]</font>

I've always been fascinate by shoes and used nick a few of my mum's to try on when I was younger and I liked to watch to see what heels the teachers were wearing at school. That was in the days I tried them on in secret until I went to university since when I have progressively been wearing them more in public. I did that a bit at uni, but since my early 20's I have been wearing them pretty much when I want.

I won't repeat my story since childhood on this board. It is extensively written down and illustrated on my website on the "about me pages".

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

My tale starts long ago in the dark recesses of my mind. I was born flat footed and this was not rectified until I was 4. Consequently, I always felt awkward in flat shoes. It was not until I was 14 that I discovered that high heeled shoes aided my walking, but trying to hide them in the house was next to impossible. Father being a military type would have hit the roof in a split second. Bought my first real pair of shoes when I was 15 under the pretense that they were for the Rocky Horror Show we were going to and everyone dresses for that :smile: He didn't seem to mind, but got concerned when I bought a basque, stockings and knickers to go with them. Result was that they disappeared one night and I'm sure he had a lot to do with it. Now that I've no longer had the spectre of my parents looming I have been free to express myself how I see fit. Currently wearing 3" heels everyday, I feel that with my latest purchase I should push to 4". That should make certain people happy B)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a pair of strappy silver platforms that belonged to my Mum that I used to wear when I was 3 or 4. Her shoes got more boring as she grew older, so I only really wore her heels during my pre-teenage years. I bought a really horrible pair of pumps from C&A when I was 15 and have been steadily improving my wardrobe ever since. No idea why I do it, but I'm glad that I do.

I`ve also started early, remember secondary school my mum boots and shoes I was wearing when parents went out to visit their friends snicking out to backyards and walk few steps with high level of adrenalin. I have a brake during my University time - I`ve been in other city and I couldn`t wear mums shoes - SIZE!!! When back home I bought first pair of boots chunky heel knee high and then .... till now but unfortunetly wear them almost only at home sometimes night walk

I started wearing heels as a kid when I'd try on my mum's shoes. She always wore high heels back then and had a large collection so when I was alone in the house I'd sneak into her room to try on a few pairs. This was back in the 80's when very high stilettos were in fashion so there were plenty of great shoes for me to wear. She stopped wearing heels years ago and threw almost all of her stilettos out when I was 17. I got them out of the bin and secretly carried on wearing them. I still have them all to this day and still wear them alot.

• Like 1

My side of it is similar to shauns, i used to try on my mothers heels when i was a small kid, and have been fascinated with high heeled shoes/boots since i was small, and have always wanted to wear high heels everywhere i go, i used to think the only way of doing that was to dress like a woman, but then i grew up LOL, and now i wear heels everywhere i go (AS A MAN) :smile: Thats my story !!!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I really got into heels when I raided my sister's wardrobe and found a pair of 2 inch block heeled loafers. I was around about 11 or 12 then. When she went to university, she came home one holiday with a marvellous pair of 3.5 inch chocolate brown sandal type shoes with a tapering heel and a strap. Considering this was the highest heel I'd worn, this was pretty incredible, sneaking into her room on a Sunday evening, and slipping them on!! What an amazing feeling! I will never forget that. I'm 16 now, and being skint, and living under my parents roof, I have little opportunity to buy heels. I try to keep my heels secret, but I'm sure my parents have twigged. My dad has dropped hints, but I've never been confronted about it. I guess I'm pretty lucky in that respect. I don't know whether they would mind or not, this remains to be seen! :smile: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I kinda just go into them! Quite literally fell upon jenny's website and thought what the hell, bought a pair and a week later was wearing them in public thanks to everyone posting (and e-mailing) through the forum, thanks guy's!

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

Hello, good question, my interest into high heels started in my ealry childhood - I really liked the look of them and wondered how it would feel to wear one of those. The frist try one were several years later... the rest of the story should be well known! best wishes Joak :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboy boots! The old kind (Roy Rogers etc). I always loved them, the ones with 3"+ heels. I was told I couldn't have them cause they would ruin my feet. I found out some 25 years later they were the best thing I could wear.

On 2002-02-01 00:18, Slim wrote:

Cowboy boots! The old kind (Roy Rogers etc). I always loved them, the ones with 3"+ heels. I was told I couldn't have them cause they would ruin my feet. I found out some 25 years later they were the best thing I could wear.

I totaly agree with you, those cowboy boots are great to walk in. But I have not the experience of Roy Rogers, I have seen them but never to sale. My Western Ranch cowboy boots with 3" heels are great and comfortable to walk with. I have also a female style with higher heels, 4"+ heels from Sacha. I always have my eyes open for great cowboy boot styles.

How did I get started? The earliest interest in heels I can remember was in the early 1970's when I was an inmate at the local grammar school. I remember looking at the girls (and teachers) shoes and boots. My favourite teacher Mrs Butler had a pair of granny boots which saw lots of service teaching us biology! At the time I also worked part-time in a local shop and was asked by several of my colleagues to baby-sit whilst they were out having fun. I can remember looking at their shoes in the wardrobe but none ever fitted. On one occasion I tried to smoke a cigarette but after almost choking after half a smoke I decided to give up! 32 years later I've never ever smoked another ciggy. On another occasion I was babysitting for my colleague Margaret who I know possessed a pair of high cork wedge sandals. I found these and tried them on and was wearing them when her eldest daughter came downstairs and spotted me!! However nothing was ever said but I wonder if it was ever discussed? Since then I've never looked back. Hope you enjoy this issue of my ramblings.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Actually, I have alwasy been interested in high heels but never wore them till I went to a shoe shop and saw a pait on high heels boots. I was looking at them and the lady sales person said "we have them in your size". I told her I didn't think so and she bet me she did. I tried a pair on and bought them and never looked back. GerryG

My first real serious recollections were from when I was 12-13 and was staying with a friend who had an older sister who was in to the fashion at the time (mid 70s), and I had to try them secretly while she was out. I was hooked after that, although I had little opportunity for 'real' heels of my own until several years later. Going away to college and, particularly, a spell abroad, gave me scope for trying them, and I kept a couple of pairs of 4" heels for closet wear. I told my wife of my penchant a year or so after our marriage and at first she accepted it, even buying me a pair of 6" stilettos for my birthday, but she went back on her acceptance a bit later and I got rid of my small collection until last year when I went and bought a pair of Bertulli boots which she eventually accepted. I wear these a lot, everywhere, but I also have a pair of 4" loafers (got them on at the moment) and a pair of mules with 5" heel and 1" platform which are nice in warmer weather. I wear these in house and garden, but I'd love to get out in the loafers! I think I'll have to put the brakes on acquiring more shoes, as my wife's not very keen and only tolerates my 'hobby'. However, I've got this far... :smile:

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

im currently 16, and have been really into shoes for as long as i can remember...only recently (2 years ago or so) did i REALLY start to notice the girls at my school who wore knee high boots, and ever since then the thought of wearing them has dominated my mind completely! unfortunately for me though, im size 11men shoe, while my mom and sister are 5-7 womens =( my mom only has one pair of shoes that fit me, and they are a pair of wedge sandals that only fit because they have an adjustable strap...i curently do not own my own pair, but im soo proud and excited because last week after nearly 2 years of obsession i finally got up the courage to order my very first pair of knee high boots, they are a size 12.5 womens, 2inch platform with 5 inch chunky heel, and look so incredibly good! they should be arriving any day now, and i can hardly wait! although my familly still does not know, im kind of hoping my mom will find them one day, because although i know she would most likely be open minded about it, im still to scared to come out and mention it first.

Mmmmmmm.... 12.5 women’s? Where did you order form that has a 12.5? Generally sizes between 10 and 15 are whole sizes. I had put/send many shoes back because a 12 was small or tight and 13 was to big. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-02-19 05:05 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I got into high heels when we had a girl living with us called Sandra. She was only about 4 foot 8 tall and used to wear the most amazing 4 and 5 inch heels and platforms (this was in the mid to late 70s).One night she left a pair of platform sandals in the bathroom and I tried them on. from that moment I was hooked. I have about 4 pairs of heels at the moment, none of which I could wear in the street. Unfortunately health problems are preventing me wearing these heels at all but I still like to get them out and look at them ocassionally

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I was a teenager and tried on out of interest my sisters 4" court shoes, I had such an erection and the feeling was fantastic. When she left home she left her shoes which I acquired and hid, when alone I wore them until my feet became to big. I was 14 when that happened. As time progressed I traveled the world in my employment, found very high heels for sale in some cities, especially Germany. I was hooked. Never looked back. have now a very large collection of 51\2" to 71\2" and 8" heels (ballet). I also wear 4" cuban heels with boots out shopping etc even though I am happily married. My wife is fully aware of my heel addiction and sees no harm in it. so guys, keep heeling. I always wear my boots beneath my jeans for dignity.

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

I find it interesting that several people started wearing heels because of their school teacher. In the later part of the fifties I was at an all male secondary modern school, the only woman there was the school secretary who was a very stylish lady who wore straight black skirts and high heels. I became interested in her skirts and shoes, I used to look everyday to see what she was wearing. I lived in the county at the time and she was the only woman that I came into contact with who wore tight skirts and high heels. I have always accredited her with sparking my interest in these skirts and shoes.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

well, the boots are a size 12, but apparently they run about 1.2 size big. hence the 12.5 =)

I think boots are purposely made a half size larger than shoes so

heavy socks can be worn. I have shoes from Ellie in size 11

that fit perfectly. The the exact same style from the same manufacturer,

except in a boot, is a little big and I have to wear socks with them.

http://www.snaz75.com/el-557-amber.html

http://www.snaz75.com/el-557-dolly.html

RobertB.

Most people seem to have tried on heels as their first experience. Mine was more a fetishistic approach resulting in masturbation. The smell and feel were wonderful to me. Only later (late teens) did I first think to wear high heels. I now enjoy both aspects. Did anyone else start this way?

There's no easy answer to this one for me, as I've been attracted to wearing womens' shoes for as long as I can remember. In my first year of school I was trying on the womens' shoes in the dressing up box, and was sneaking into my parents' bedroom and trying on my mum's shoes and boots from being very young. This continued until my early teens when my feet got too big for her shoes, but we used to visit my aunt on a regular basis, and she wore a size 7. As I was old enough to be left alone while they went shopping, I had a good hour or two with my aunt's shoes and boots most weeks and loved to wear them, especially her high heeled boots. I've always preferred boots to shoes, something which has stayed with me to this day. Chris