Teens to 20's in public

johnieheel

Well I am 43 now, but I have done it a lot in my 20's and 30's and if anything the public attitudes have been improving since about 1995. This is a Uk perspective, London and home counties mainly, but I have done it all over the world including NY, Moscow, Paris, NL, Belgium, Turkey etc If you want to keep a respectable profile I recommend chunky heels or cowboy boots up to about 4 inches, at least to start with.

I am 27 and I'm not exactly the type to want to wear hidden heels. As I've mentioned before I'm a platform fanatic. And I would love to break them out in public on a regular basis I am scared to death of what people think.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Well I am 43 now, but I have done it a lot in my 20's and 30's and if anything the public attitudes have been improving since about 1995.

This is a Uk perspective, London and home counties mainly, but I have done it all over the world including NY, Moscow, Paris, NL, Belgium, Turkey etc

If you want to keep a respectable profile I recommend chunky heels or cowboy boots up to about 4 inches, at least to start with.

Hi big magician,

compared with me (55) you are still a teenager! But I have to agree completely ...

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I'll be 17 in January and Ive been wearing my 5 inchers for ages now and Im an expert, 4 is simple but i still have not dared the deadly six inch yet. Im not sure if its possible with my size 5 (UK) feet. Ive spoke about my exploits in past posts

I'd distinguish between northern and southern Europe. From my experience, north States seem to be more open, tolerant, while here in Italy "man in heels = this".

0.02$

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 21, bought first per of heels last friday, and wore them around town the same day. They are a pair of knee high black boots with a 2 inch heel. I had my girlfriend with me, she kinda pushed/persuaded me into buying some and wearing them. I was scared to wear them out so soon, but i felt good wearing them, lil nervous of other people. Unfortuantely my sister and mum found out, as someone saw me. But it wasn't too bad, now for there sakes I'm not wearing them out where people that i know will see me. The experience was great, and I'm just gagging to get out in my boots again :smile:

Well, I turned 18 three weeks ago but still can't find the courage to wear heels publicly.

Well, speaking as an old fart (soon to be 49), I'm here to tell you it's no big deal. Really. Sure, the very first time out in public can be extremely unnerving, but then, so is any other sort of activity one does for the first time, especially when you have no idea what to expect. We've all experienced that nervousness, so we know where you're coming from.

For that first outing, might I suggest you wear a muted color like black with long jeans that will hide most of whatever shoe you choose to wear. Just take a short walk around the corner from where you live (if possible) to acclimate yourself to wearing heels outside. Once you've gotten that initial outing under your belt, slowly expand your boundaries, the more you do something, the less frightening it becomes.

Others here will tell you this, but I'll say it too. Ninety-nine percent of people you come across won't notice or care what you're wearing on your feet as passersby are far too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to give you so much as the time of day. And in the case of that rare one percent who do notice, the most they'll usually do is give you a long look or double take but won't say anything. That's it.

Wearing heels in public isn't as scary as one might think, if anything, it can be uplifting, exciting, and, most of all, fun. Hopefully, you'll get to experience that as well. Take care.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

gee jeffB, I've got 4 years on you!! (LOL) I agree 1000% percent with you!!!! and since we humans are not a race or species of mindreaders, what anyone else may (or may not) think one way or the other, it HARDLY matters, it is when some insecure (or idiotic) person HAS to vocalize their opinion to you in the guise of FREE SPEECH, you can ALWAYS ignore it if it is negative toward you. they dont seem to know that their opinion was NOT asked by you in the 1st. place.

I'll add my two cents worth to the previous posts. I agree completely that the first few times out in public in high heels is somewhat scary and unnerving. I have to admit that a couple of times I probably would have turned around and headed for the car if my wife hadn't been there pushing me to venture forth. Every time I did it, it got easier and easier to the point that I now get quite disappointed if I'm wearing a beautiful pair of boots with a 4-5 inch heel and no one seems to really notice. The thrills I crave now are seeing how people react when they do notice my heels.

I've only worn heels in public once. I was 2 weeks from 18 at the time, and being nice to a female friend who was complaining her feet hurt and wore her boots for an hour. They were black, knee high, block 3 inch heel. Couldn't see them that well because I was wearing jeans. I got some strange looks, one older guy almost started running away from me, no one said anything to me but I wasn't game enough to look at the people behind me.

well here is something I want to share with you great folks I went out with my friend who I live with and who knows about my boots, she lets me wear them so thats just what I have been doing. However I decided last weekend to break from the tradition of wearing black low block heel knee boots whilst out to wearing something simillar but in brown leather and so I did. Well were in an upmarket cafe in the countryside, frequented by the Mercedes and Bentley driving stuck up rich so and so's so I thought as I always have done with boots, what the hell We go in get a coffee and sit down and I crossed my legs un beknown to me that my jeans had come up my leg exposing one of my brown boots and then it happened. Some woman came up and said "Oh excuse me but are you aware that they are ladies boots!" Well then it happened I heard a voice in my head with an answer but it was from someone on here who had been in a simillar situation and so I said what this guy said but sadly I cant remember who it was or I would thank him for such a brilliant come back So I said "They arent ladies boots, they are my boots!" She looked down her nose at me in disgust and walked away Whoever said that on here, I thank you sincerely

well here is something I want to share with you great folks

I went out with my friend who I live with and who knows about my boots, she lets me wear them so thats just what I have been doing.

However I decided last weekend to break from the tradition of wearing black low block heel knee boots whilst out to wearing something simillar but in brown leather and so I did. Well were in an upmarket cafe in the countryside, frequented by the Mercedes and Bentley driving stuck up rich so and so's so I thought as I always have done with boots, what the hell

We go in get a coffee and sit down and I crossed my legs un beknown to me that my jeans had come up my leg exposing one of my brown boots and then it happened. Some woman came up and said "Oh excuse me but are you aware that they are ladies boots!"

Well then it happened I heard a voice in my head with an answer but it was from someone on here who had been in a simillar situation and so I said what this guy said but sadly I cant remember who it was or I would thank him for such a brilliant come back

So I said "They arent ladies boots, they are my boots!"

She looked down her nose at me in disgust and walked away

Whoever said that on here, I thank you sincerely

Well I amongst others I believe have said if ever approached and asked I would reply "Are they on a lady? They're on a man so they must be mans boots or shoes"

real men wear heels

great reply, too! I'd say much the very same thing myself. you really have to wonder about the question itself when some people dont seen to know that you (as a person) may actually have some brains in you, in that you might really KNOW what kind of footwear you are wearing!!

• 1 month later...

We go in get a coffee and sit down and I crossed my legs un beknown to me that my jeans had come up my leg exposing one of my brown boots and then it happened. Some woman came up and said "Oh excuse me but are you aware that they are ladies boots!"

The manner in which this comment was made is not entirely clear but it sounds as if the woman was at best intruding and at worst trying to put you firmly in your place, Crushinboots. You might have replied along the lines of: 'How do you know; your intrusion tells me that you cannot be a lady?'

Reminds me of an occasion when, very tired and suffering from backache, I sank with relief into the last seat on a crowded train. A snooty-looking woman of about 60 who followed me on looked down her nose at me and said rather imperiously 'If you were a gentleman, you would give up your seat to me.' I could not resist replying 'And if you were a lady, you would not dream of asking', which brought smiles from other passengers and a look of shocked resignation from the woman - but she got my seat anyway 3 minutes later as I was changing at the next station!