we need your help....

kneehighs

DIGG idea not working efficiently

Okay, I've been spending alot of time trying to get people to follow through on Richie's DIGG.com idea.

After 52 days, we have 4 DIGGs. While I am open to the possibility that we will receive more DIGGS (2 World Heel Meet organizers have yet to DIGG--:smile: ), I feel there is a better way for us to network socially online.

Myspace is a better social networking alternative to DIGG

And that way is through creating an hhplace.org myspace.com account. I'll personally create the account, but I have FOUR major life projects that are currently keeping me extremely busy: a new job promotion, renovating my new condo, updating and promoting my new street fashion photography site, and the World Heel Meet 2008. Thus, I don't have the spare time needed to promote the Myspace account.

Having a myspace account, artfully finished, could be a very positive thing for hhplace. It would be a great way to promote our community (we could insert a clip of Evangeline Lilly saying she wouldn't mind a man in heels, add pics of men in heels on the runway, add comments about celeb men who wear heels, and add additional street sighting pics of men in heels..... Whether it's our own Shoe Company, or the World Heel Meet, on myspace, with ONE CLICK OF A BUTTON, you can send out private messages to thousands of interested prospects. Some other shoe sites have over 50,000 friends.

How to add hhplace friends to the hhplace myspace account

It's a numbers game really. The more friend requests we make, the more people will add hhplace as a friend. The more that add hhplace as a friend, the more we can market to these people whatever idea it is that we might be trying to promote.

What we need is a few people to take the time to go through all the groups (shoe interest groups) and add people as friends. This process is time consuming, but I believe the efforts are rewarding. In just two hours, for my street fashion site, I processed 180 friend requests and have already received 19 approvals with 141 pending requests.

1. Click on the members or friends list of your target audience

2. Click their user name

3. Click "add to friends"

4. Confirm Add to friends by clicking "Add to friends"

5. Click your browser back button 3 times to return to original list.

6. Repeat process as necessary

7. Occassionally, you will click on someone who "only accepts add requests from people he/she knows. You must enter either so and so's last name or email address to send your request. " If this happens, you will Private Message that person instead. You can have a private message cut and pasted into your pc to say, "Hello, Thought you might be interested in visiting this member site....etc."

8. About 40 myspace members appear on a standard myspace page. It will take about 7-10 minutes to speed through 40 friends.

9. The hhplace list of myspace friends will soon number more members than we have here at hhplace.org.

10. We need a few dedicated people to follow through on this. Alot of people like to talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. If we have a team of 5-10 guys who pick sites and work those sites for friends, we could soon have a large friendship base with which to market our community.

11. We will add a Google Analytics account or some alternate web site analysis tool to the page, so we can effectively measure our site popularity and bulletin effectiveness.

Who are the interested prospects??

As well, if anyone has any other ideas about how to efficiently market the site on myspace, please speak up!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I don't see what the big deal is with Myspace. I've had my profile for over 6 months and it's been viewed just over 200 times, while my blog in EB has been read over 45000 times. My blog on my personal website just over 58000 times.

If people wont even spare 2 minutes to simply provide a username and password to DIGG an article, then why will they spare 10 minutes to pratt around with myspace? The whole point of DIGG.COM is that its very quick, and easy, yet requires users to know absolutely nothing at all other than to be able to click on a digg icon, so if they cant manage that, or simply cant be bothered, then myspace, or other more complicated things surely wont get a look in? :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

DIGG idea not working efficiently

Okay, I've been spending alot of time trying to get people to follow through on Richie's DIGG.com idea.

After 52 days, we have 4 DIGGs. While I am open to the possibility that we will receive more DIGGS (2 World Heel Meet organizers have yet to DIGG--:smile: ), I feel there is a better way for us to network socially online.

Yep, finally also I have dugg. Sorry that it took so long.:wavey:

If people wont even spare 2 minutes to simply provide a username and password to DIGG an article, then why will they spare 10 minutes to pratt around with myspace?

The whole point of DIGG.COM is that its very quick, and easy, yet requires users to know absolutely nothing at all other than to be able to click on a digg icon, so if they cant manage that, or simply cant be bothered, then myspace, or other more complicated things surely wont get a look in? :smile:

I'll bet I can get a myspace friends list nearly the same size as the entire hhplace membership before the heel meet and heighten awareness of our men in heels community among the 55 million members at myspace.

Only 4-5 people, sharing one user account, working just ONE hour a week can achieve a substantial friends list by the time of the heel meet.

Why didn't you make that clear the first time?

I'll bet I can get a myspace friends list nearly the same size as the entire hhplace membership before the heel meet and heighten awareness of our men in heels community among the 55 million members at myspace.

Only 4-5 people, sharing one user account, working just ONE hour a week can achieve a substantial friends list by the time of the heel meet.

Make what clear?

The whole point of digg.com is that its quick and easy, and does not require a handful of people putting in an hour a week to acheive substantial results.

Articles (Things that have been dug so to speak) can acheive first page news with as little as 150 votes, and yet can acheive an audience of 10,000 in 1 day as I have seen on other communities I'm involved with.

Just take a look at the digg.com homepage and you will see how many times other front page items have been voted for.

The #1 news item at this moment is showing 158 diggs, yet we have more than 158 members that log on to this website within any 24 hour period, so we can easily acheive these results if we wanted to.

So thats really all the point was, maximum exposure (10,000+ per day) for minimum effort, and like I said, if people wont give up 2 minutes to digg a post, then how are they going to put in 1 hour a week, and all communicate with each other sharing 1 user account to make sure 2 people are not logging on at the same time with the same user account?

I never said the DIGG idea was bad. I liked the idea to incorporate it into the WHM 2008 thread. It's just not really working, IMHO, that's all. The bottom line is in the number of DIGGs we have. Myspace is just a bit more well known, has a huge membership base, and you can post bulletins to thousands of friends with one click of a button. It's wildly popular with the younger generation too, the men that will one day lead our community. Everyone has a right to their opinion and that's cool. But personally, I'd put more time into socially evangelizing the myspace community over trying to get the hhplace membership to DIGG threads.

I'm surprised no one's utilised MySpace before. Loads of alternative fashion types on there. There's also Facebook but that is more tricky as people use their real names on there. But still a men in heels event and group can be set up on there - for anyone who's brave enough. I've just set up a Digg account and Digged the heel meet. Again like KH, I'm currently in the middle of a new job, lodging in London, going back to Oxford on my days off and in the process of finding a flat in London. So my life is quite busy right now also.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Okay, I set up a myspace account:

http://www.myspace.com/meninheels

This is just the rough draft version, but gives enough to get started with.

EDIT: upon further reflection, I think I'll take the time to start this up myself. This way, I can limit the specific people to which I market to (fashion types, style conscious crowd, photographers, trendy magazines).

I think this will be a great way to get people talking about men in heels in a positive way.

EDIT 2: Okay, not too bad. 23 friends so far with professional photographers included. Given a margin of error for people that don't reject friend requests, that's roughly 20 positive reactions from the general public....most of the friends are high quality fashion conscious types too.

3 street fashion photographers are also "friends.", including Europe's best known street fashion photographer, the Facehunter. If I can get the street fashion photographers to keep an eye out for men in heels and use frequent bulletins to all my friends, I can keep men in heels alive long enough to increase the chance they will find a guy wearing heels and capture him in a pic.

This should also be an easy way to get celebrity "friends" too. That sure would be a fast track to assimilation.

Having one myspace page sure beats writing each individual separately.

So far, the response is pretty good at 64 friends. Miss Meghan, who is America's most well known shoeologist, added me as friend. At least now, I'll be able to keep an influential crowd updated on new developments for men in heels. A few people, both men and women alike, have written me private messages saying they think the idea is "brilliant."

Well now we have almost 200 friends...the foremost street fashion photographers in the world are all now actively aware that men wear heels...and hopefully open to photographing a man in heels if they see it. I don't know if you guys have clicked around the friends section a bit, but some of the people are runway models, professional photographers (hopefully feeling inspired to support pics of men in heels), and designers (who have written me stating they like the front page). Leaning into this to see what happens is going to be interesting...can't wait to see where the site is by X-mas time.

About 250 friends now...including the private/personal myspace profiles of runway models and young fashion designers. I have someone else contributing from this site...hopefully that person will be at the World Heel Meet so I can give him credit in person. TWO AMAZING THINGS HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED. One fashion designer from CA wrote me to say he and his friends were looking at all the pics together and love the idea. Another guy from Asia wrote me and said he never knew there was another man with an affinity for heels like himself. Women are even writing. One fashion stylist from Holland put my page at the top of her friends list, which as far as I know, one of the sincerest compliments one can pay on myspace. This is going to work. I've learned alot over the years through my various promotional endeavors (message boards, hotornot, other forums). Most of all, I've learned how to talk to people one on one about men in heels. I've learned what WORKS. And now that I can control the environment through which our message is communicated and terminate pests that post negative comments, I think I can positively reach more people in a constructive way than possibly ever before. Just my two cents worth though.

I'll second the brilliant comment. Well done, great pics, and it's off and running. The only thing is that I'm getting it in German. Is there a way to default Myspace to English, or am I stuck because of where I live?

. . .The only thing is that I'm getting it in German. Is there a way to default Myspace to English, or am I stuck because of where I live?

Log into MySpace and click "International", it's in the upper-right corner (at least as the page is formatted for me). This will take you to a page where you can select your language and formatting from a list or a map. Make sure "Save in my Account settings" is set so it will come up that way next time.

Have a happy time!

Hey KH

Thats fantastic news, and very highly commendable for your efforts! :smile:

" "

That's shorthand for "I'm speechless"!!!!

I'll second the brilliant comment. Well done, great pics, and it's off and running.

The only thing is that I'm getting it in German. Is there a way to default Myspace to English, or am I stuck because of where I live?

Thanks guys...349 friends at the time of this writing. The neat thing about myspace is that it allows you to put your "favorite" friends at the top of your friends list. You can choose how large you want your Topfriends list to be: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 etc.

So based on the old adage that you are judged by the company you keep, I will customize my Top Friends based on which type of friends I am requesting at the moment. So when I am mass requesting friends from runway models, I'll make sure most of my top friends are runway models. When I request friends from photographers, I'll change my Top Friends to be photographers...and so on.

In way, I'm glad I didn't tap into MySpace's enormous popularity until now. I may have caused more damage a few years ago, plus I've learned extraordinary lessons from my past mistakes.

I do have someone from this forum helping me, whom I will keep a secret until I feel the time is right to reveal their identity.

kh, is there any reference to hhplace in your "myspace" website or did I overlook it?

Good question to which the answer currently is no.

I love hhplace, but I want to keep the myspace page operant in a vacuum of professional style, fashion, design, and photography.

Friends and counting. I don't know if any of you have taken the time to click around a bit through the friends that are presumably supportive of a man in heels, so I'll do a bit of the work for you.

Here you go:

The Private MySpace page of Adriana Lima, Victoria's Secret runway model.

http://www.myspace.com/ana___beatriz___barros'>The Private MySpace page of Ana Barros famous model for Guess, Victoria's Secret, and Sports Illustrated.

The Private MySpace page of Raquel Zimmerman famous runway model for Chloe.

The list of runway models is virtually endless, honestly. Their profiles are set to private, but I do have one member from here who will testify to the fact that they are indeed true friends of "meninheels".

Soon, I'll be sending out a mass bulletin promoting a new editorial from Germany, featuring men in heels, which hasn't even been posted here yet.

Stay tuned for details.

Soon, I'll be sending out a mass bulletin promoting a new editorial from Germany, featuring men in heels, which hasn't even been posted here yet.

Stay tuned for details.

Can't wait to read this editorial. I bet it will please Joak and Micha without end!

Kneehighs, Your doing a super job with this - your upto 614 friends at the time of writing. You certainly have linked to some interesting friends. 8) TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Kneehighs,

Your doing a super job with this - your upto 614 friends at the time of writing. You certainly have linked to some interesting friends. 8)

TB2

Hey thanks! With the demands on my time coming at me from 360 degrees, there is no way I could be doing this alone. I have a secret helper assisting me from the forum, whose name shall be revealed in due time. He's provided the true labor behind the myspace page, not me.

One of the best private messages I've ever received came through today. It just proves how great of a concept this myspace page really is. The private message, from a very cute female in Southern California, came through as follows, " i am quite fond of your concept, men in heels. it is one that i have never considered before. i never thought the look could be so appealing. men in high heels are pretty hot....no doubt about it.

nice work,"

Wow! Here's a private message from a male in his late 30's out of the U.K., " I don't know who you are but thanks for asking me add you. I love the concept. "

And did you read the comment, left for public display from Liebemarle Vintage, "

I completely agree with you guys. Great page and photos." Not only is this girl beautiful, but she has a great sense of style too, which in my opinion creates added value over and above the average individual's praise.

Last time I checked, we were up to 930 friends. If I can think of a really good way to mention the World Heel Meet 2008 and not compromise the professional fashion slant the myspace page is themed around, I'll send a bulletin to my entire friends list.

I just received a message from chameleon a guy who lives in nyc. And interestingly enough, on his page there are pics of him wearing high heels! There are more of us out there than represented on this forum.

Today I went to Girls Love Shoes, a vintage boutique on Hester Street. Zia who is the owner is amazingly supportive of men who wear high heels. In her own words she thinks its "sexy!"

I never would have networked with these people if it wasn't for the myspace page. Thanks myspace!

I just received a message from chameleon a guy who lives in nyc. And interestingly enough, on his page there are pics of him wearing high heels! There are more of us out there than represented on this forum.

Shame his myspace page is unreadable! I felt dizzy just looking at the background. As I couldn't read it I couldn't find his pics!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Shame his myspace page is unreadable! I felt dizzy just looking at the background. As I couldn't read it I couldn't find his pics!

Well HeelD,

You are not the only one. What a STUPID looking page.

I also gave up after about 4 minutes.

To each his own.

Kneehighs, Not really a good reference to that idiot.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Well HeelD,

You are not the only one. What a STUPID looking page.

I also gave up after about 4 minutes.

To each his own.

Kneehighs, Not really a good reference to that idiot.

I have to agree with you Gary

anybody who comes up with a page like that, is definately not somebody I would want to associate with..

the bloke must a right knobhead.. (Or blind)

(I reserve the right to be incorrect)8)

Hey, I like the look. And the profile's background- yes, it's FUGLY! First, I thought "hey, the profile is fine, so WTH do they complain about?", but when the background was loaded, I ran away as fast as I could! BTW. Over 1100 friends in only 3 weeks? It's a world record! If I register at Myspace [which I don't plan right now, because I'm already really addicted to the net], you'll definitely be on my list!

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!