Master Resource: General Public Discussions of men in heels

kneehighs

Crickets on this one so far. I think we're to the point where we don't have to gush over every article which refers to us in a positive light. Wordy, but not in an academic way. I'm not sure what the heck it was I just read.

22 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Crickets on this one so far. I think we're to the point where we don't have to gush over every article which refers to us in a positive light. Wordy, but not in an academic way. I'm not sure what the heck it was I just read.

I agree, although I had to look-up what you meant by 'crickets'.  Not an expression I have ever heard so used in the UK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

I agree, although I had to look-up what you meant by 'crickets'.  Not an expression I have ever heard so used in the UK.

It's a very common expression on this side of the pond. Of course, the sound of the actual insects only happens about six months out of the year where I live, so I have no idea how that became part of the slang lexicon. It's been fairly recent, I would say within the last couple of decades.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I skimmed it just now. I have a strong suspicion that it was written by AI. 

I think you are right.   One can admire (and simultaneously fear) the technology that makes this article possible, but deprecate the excessive length, dull style and needless repetition.   Overall, it adds almost nothing to our fund of knowledge - and precious little to that of those outside our circle.