What about strappy heels?

seth_nj111

Hi all, My wife thought I should try a pair of strappy heels or something open since summer is approaching. She also thinks it's a great way to show off the pedicure she wants to give me. I am kinda thinking i'd shy away from the look, but maybe give a try. My reason is, it's one thing to have heels on, but to start showing off my feet, which will get more attention with the shade of Red nail polish my wife picked out. Anyway - what's your thoughts? Seth

Hi all,

My wife thought I should try a pair of strappy heels or something open since summer is approaching. She also thinks it's a great way to show off the pedicure she wants to give me. I am kinda thinking i'd shy away from the look, but maybe give a try. My reason is, it's one thing to have heels on, but to start showing off my feet, which will get more attention with the shade of Red nail polish my wife picked out.

Anyway - what's your thoughts?

Seth

Go For it!

real men wear heels

It is my opinion that you should wear whatever you want whenever you want as lobg as you are comfortable. You are also fortunate to have such a supportive wife.

Style is built from the ground up!

Hi all, I did it.. Here's how it went: Before opting for strappy heels and painted toes, we gave just painted toes a shot with a pair of sandles - just trex type that i'd wear around in the summer. Instead or going for RED, my wife figured she's ease me into it and she put a silver polish on me instead. Spent most of the day out and about on Friday and Saturday running errands and such. Saturday day, on went the stappy sandles with about a 3 1/2 inch heel and off we went to dinner. We noticed a few people look, some double takes etc. Wasn't expecting any comments but would have enjoyed one if they were nice. After going for a few days with painted toes, it's not as scary as I thought it would have been. Guess I will keep wearing it, esp when wearing open toed shoes. And I really like the look while in strappy heels. Seth

Hi all,

My wife thought I should try a pair of strappy heels or something open since summer is approaching. She also thinks it's a great way to show off the pedicure she wants to give me. I am kinda thinking i'd shy away from the look, but maybe give a try. My reason is, it's one thing to have heels on, but to start showing off my feet, which will get more attention with the shade of Red nail polish my wife picked out.

Anyway - what's your thoughts?

Seth

I like strappy heels, but only the classic pump with the strap over the toe, or the ankle. In other words, i prefer a closed-toe pump. Still, whatever floats your boat! If you like strappy ones, and wanna show off a pedicure, with red nail polish, then go for it! There's nothing like a good feet pampering, especially by a female.

I love strappy shoes. So does my SO. She just doesn't like them on me in public. You are a lucky person to have a wife that is cool with you expressing yourself with whatever footwear you want. What I want to do is get up the nerve to go to yoga with painted toes. You have to be barefoot in class and I'd love to have cute piggies.

hi all - just wanted to post and update... So the weather has been getting nicer, so out come the sandels and away go the boots. I've been trying to get out once or twice a week in heels but this past weekend was really good. I got very brave and let my wife paint my toes with red polish. Once dry, she strapped me into a pair of sandels with a 3 1/2 inch heel. My heel and toes just peaked out of my pants enough for anyone who's looking to notice. I spent all weekend like this and we spent Saturday night at a friends place (they already knew of my heel wearing). We didn't know that two other couples were coming over also and my friend offered me up a pair of socks if I wanted. My friends wife looked at him and said 'who cares if his toes are red and he's in heels. Why should he hide what he likes to wear.' So my friend tossed the socks back and that was that. A little while later the other two couples showed up, there was a few questions about my shoes/toes and that was the end of it. All in all, either they were very accepting, or just didn't want to make a scene. Was a great weekend.

That's great, seth! It's so cool to hear about positive experiences and responses from others.

Personally, I would not want to polish my toenails, but if it's what you want to do, go for it without hesitation. I think most guys could pull off strappy heels or sandals pretty well, with or without polished nails.

Very recently I discovered I also like sandals and and strapped shoes. However, I don't like to fully expose my toes, and I hate going sans socks, so I got a couple pairs of flesh-tone knee-highs to wear with my new Payless sandals, when the time is right. I love knee-highs; they look and feel classy and actually stay up, unlike every men's sock on the face of the earth. They would also be good to wear with sandals if the weather becomes a little cool for bare feet.

-EdwardianEra

Check out www.comfilon.com - their men's socks are thin nylon, like women's knee highs and trouser socks, but big enough for men and stay up very well. I buy from them and their service is good, too. I wish somebody would come out with heels for men like they've done with tights and pantyhose!

GWL

well it was really pleasant to hear such a good experience :smile: on Walpurgisnacht(30apr) i gone 2nd time public whit my skirts, well i thought its 50/50 that anybody would say anything... i was prepared to get crap to my head, but no, all who noticed sad that they hasn't enough bravery to wear them and they wanting to, well that was interesting... 2 ppl even sad that they will made for them too... both was whit they girlfriends...

every human has they own choices...

That's great, Seth! I've been trying to mustard up the courage to wear these wooden mules I have from Aldo's during the day. I chickened out today. But I did see a girl at the mall today with a similar pair by Aldo, but I know these have a higher 5" heel. They sure were looking good on her. All I kept saying is, "That could be me too!" lol

I too wish like GWL that they come out with heels for men. They had them back in the mid 70's- funky clunky diso abominations were all the rage. For the next go around I hope that they are a little bit more feminin than what they had back then.

You should wear what you want, and I concurr it is great having a suportive wife. Mine feels the same way and likes me in sandles too.:wavey: I just don't wear too many open toed strappy heels myself simply because I don't really like the look for men or women. I just think closed toed heels with cleavage are sexier because they leave something for the imagination. Must be the American in me, culturally repressed, regressed, and depressed. Afterall I live in the "Don't ask don't tell" society.:sad: Honestly the imagination is almost always better than reality. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Well it is summer and summer means sandals!! I love thiss site but too bad it caters mostly to BOOTS... I have regularly worn girls hh sandals in public (size 11) for quite some time. I don't do nail polish in colors but do wear a clear coat. Try it, it's FUN.... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

. . . I love thiss site but too bad it caters mostly to BOOTS. . . SF

Although it is true that a lot of HHplace members are partial to boots, sanals are very welcome here! In fact, anything with a heel is welcome here!

Most of us like boots because they are less conspicuous to wear in public, especially if they have a block or wedge heel.

If you like strappy shoes and have the confidence to wear them out, by all means do so! Show us how it's done!

Have a happy time!

I just don't wear too many open toed strappy heels myself simply because I don't really like the look for men or women. I just think closed toed heels with cleavage are sexier because they leave something for the imagination. Must be the American in me, culturally repressed, regressed, and depressed. Afterall I live in the "Don't ask don't tell" society.;)

Honestly the imagination is almost always better than reality. :smile:

I totally agree with that but I am French :wavey: (could this cheer you :sad:)

But there's one style that really turns me on : Mary-janes, with closed toe-box and an ankle-strap, and open sides.

sorry 2 be a bore, but nail colour is best suited 2 match the outfit; bright red can be tarty, but with red or white jeans its wkd; i'd prefer darker - dk blue or purple is original and fun and better with blue jeans and - to take your point - lets the heels be the main feature. My designer opinions, so please accept it as that! Wkd yr wife luvs you having the bollox to wear heels too!

• 4 weeks later...

Katrina,

I attend yoga every week and wear red polish on my toenails. There are mostly women in the class and they always compliment me on my toenail polish. The men in the class just ignore it. Get a professional pedicure with red toes and go to yoga class. You will love it.

I love strappy shoes. So does my SO. She just doesn't like them on me in public. You are a lucky person to have a wife that is cool with you expressing yourself with whatever footwear you want.

What I want to do is get up the nerve to go to yoga with painted toes. You have to be barefoot in class and I'd love to have cute piggies.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!