Never quite satisfied with what I've got......

heelium

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone else suffers the same expensive heel trait that I do. When I have bought a pair of heels I convince myself that these are my dream ultimate heels, which is fine until I see another pair weeks later that I kinda like just a bit better. When showing a 'new' potential purchase to my wife she says "but you have several pairs just like that already dont you?", I try and justify them on the basis that the heel is thinner/thicker-higher/lower than the almost identical pair(s) that I already own, she is of course right. I have countless pairs of black stiletto boots which are not scratched, but yet I still buy more-convincing myself that as I dont smoke & drink in limited amounts, that I can justify them. Sound familiar at all? Heelium

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Sort of. A couple of my friends have threatened to start calling me Imelda, but it's not that I become dissatisfied with ones that I already own. It's just I keep seeing more that I like when the new ranges come out. Being a fan of boots autumn / winter is often financially painful! I've got a new pair in the post as we speak... Chris

Boy do I know how that goes. I need to add more shelves for all the purchases I've made in the last year. I find something sweet and looks not only stylish, but comfy, and I gotta add it to my list. I found a pair of red-patent mary-jane platforms that have a slightly thicker than stiletto heel and a .5" platform plus baby-doll toe. They look SWEET and are under $40! Methinks I just may have to order 'em....then get something to go with 'em. Gives me a reason I suppose - not that I ever needed one. I so love a nice healthy passion!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Guest ilovepumps!

Same for me. After I have purchased some new heels, couple of days I am looking again. Couple of days ago, I bought three pairs of heels and now waiting on delivery.

Same here, I get something I like only to find something else in a couple of days or more. Some may consider it a problem, but what the hell! It could be a lot worse so I just roll with it!!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Oh YA! I'm never satisified. Every time I buy a pair of heels I know are going to be my favorites, I see anotherpair and think I will never get another chance to get them again so , yep! I buy them. Real problem but there are worse things I suppose and I have a couple pair comming in the mail also as we speek.LOL.

real men wear heels

Ohhh, Yeahhh! Definitely strikes a chord! When we hear a woman talk about her out-of-control shoe fetish (usually we overhear it when she is talking to her girlfriends), I think we can all relate.

Have a happy time!

after saying "no more heels" I am now planning these "beauties"

Posted Image

I haven't bought alot of shoes ( my old "avatars" my new ones, the ones I'm planning....

I'm even toying about buying a par of Knee-high Ballet heels next year!...

I have that exact problem. i spend years looking for a certain style and in the meantime I buy umpteen "similar" pairs. Say I want a pair of leather pull-on slouch boots with a skinny, stiletto stack 5" heel in burgundy that come right up to the knee. I first see a brown pair of pull-ons with a thicker heel at 3.5" that come up to the knee so I buy them. Then I see a burgundy pair with a burgundy stiletto heel that come up to the calf with a zip. Then a pair with the heel I want but are zip up in black and so it goes on. Sometimes I see something which is totally outside the realm of my ideal but they speak to you don't they? :-)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

E Bay, ones that I don't wear or does not fit well, I just recycle them to some one else and turn the money over to another pair or to keep me alive when unemployed. Would not recommended it for investing as a retirement fund though. So the loss of money and the burden of storing is reduced. Size 12 can be a PITA to find. However the ones I keep are the best of the best and convinced my self their will all ways be another pair to play with. But I should stop buying shoes form Payless, To dam inexpensive and fill up my shelve fast. I should start looking at Zappos and Nostrums more often and just save my money until boot season arrives. But that is a bit hard to do. :rocker:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The Mrs and I have had the same problem for years. Even before we met each other ! ! LOL

Together we have so many pairs of heels that we no longer wear or enjoy, but we find ourselves buying more.

We have been trying to change our ways and instead of buying a lot of cheaper shoes / boots, we have been waiting for quality instead of quantity.

Now with Nine West, Nordstrom, Steve Madden, Zappos etc, carrying many styles in 11's and 12's, we are starting to save for the quality purchase.

So help us with this! Check out what we are selling on eBay.

Many 11's & 12's and once in a while a 13 or two.

eBay - Gary0618 & MrsHeels Shoes & Boots on eBay.com

More will be coming soon.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Heelium:-) Boy---can I relate to what you say completely. During November alone, I have purchased 4 pair of heels, A pair of boots, am waiting for a new pair of boots to arrive, and I started to break in a new pair of boots just before my heart attack came. And I saw another pair of yummy boots in an ad the other day. Mickey keeps saying, "No more boots", but I keep finding more of them on sale. She also said, "How come all of your boots are black, don't you think you should consider another color sometime"? My reply, "I want them all black so that I can use them out in public for streetheeling and I can wear them any place at any time". Does this all sound familiar to anyone? I also have purchased a new full length leather coat, a pair of leather gloves, a new blouse, and a new leather skirt during the same time period. We do practically all of our purchases through the mail order. Mickey has also gotten some new clothes during the same time period, including a new genuine rabbit fur coat that she has wanted for sometime, and she is looking at some new shoes for herself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi all: i know how you all feel. I love buyinh high heels and love all the different styles. I have over 300 pairs and counting. I love to buy knew heels and slide my feet into them when I get home. Nothing better, Happy shopping!

well, I've been going out every day to work and other situations like shopping, WalMart, etc in high heel boots of the examples I have been sharing with you in my previous posts..

...I feel like I have passed a milestone and like an "undiscovered country..." I am growing impatient with the accommodation that the boots have provided for me up til now and I am becoming excited with the growing possibilities of taking this into ladies-style stiletto pumps/courts under my Wrangler jeans...

...I will probably stay with boots for the time moving closer to a true stiletto and getting my "public" all the more comfortable and complacent being but this delicious possibility hangs there just beyond my reach for the moment...

...I must admit to you that I never envisioned that this desire to cut right to the spikeheel pump would become so enticing but it is becoming more and more within the realm of "what's possible" every day and, quite frankly, it's a little bit scary that the "stuff of dreams" can become the adventures of a lifetime...

"To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep...what dreams may come...

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

No traveler returns..."

Hamlet, III, i, 56, Shakespeare

From Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 16th Edition.

Posted Image

Jim

JSpikeheels