First time to new york and in heels

peterborough

There is a distinct, if subtle, difference between sore feet and tired feet. I normally log anywhere from 10-15,000 steps a day at work, and sometimes my feet are mighty tired at the end of the day, depending upon the exact nature of those steps. In construction, not all steps are created equal! However, I can certainly remember in years past barely being able to walk by the quitting time. That is what I would consider "sore" feet. Which would you characterize as your condition at the end of your day in 3 inchers?

I personally find 3 inchers in generally to be good walking shoes, especially heels such as you describe. I also would not hesitate to go to 4 inch, depending upon the exact shoes/boots. I don't know that I'd want to wear 4 inch stiletto pumps for 20,000 steps (plus you'd have your heels tips worn significantly down by then), but a nice 1 inch broad block heel should be no problem. I should be interested to see how it went. I've never been to New York City before. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Well today has been fun. Messing around with the kids at the hotel (no shoes on) stubbed my toe on door and broke it, put 4” heels on and still managed to walk 8,000 steps. 

i could walk easier in heels today then flats my toe is pointing  up

Yes the day is not over yet. Now 11,876 steps. Nothing can be done with broken toe and trainers kill to walk in as my toes are more flat. Looks like im stuck in heels for 6 weeks all day and every day lol

Well 12 hours done in heels total 15,809 now no shoes on.

broken toe swollen

got two more days here yet before going home to UK.

These are the heels warn 3.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, peterborough said:

Well today has been fun. Messing around with the kids at the hotel (no shoes on) stubbed my toe on door and broke it, put 4” heels on and still managed to walk 8,000 steps. 

i could walk easier in heels today then flats my toe is pointing  up

Broke your toe?  When you said you stubbed your toe on the door and broke it I thought you were talking about breaking the door.  ;.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I can’t understand how wearing heels would be more comfortable than flats with a broken toe. Gravity would keep blood in the area of the injury and increase swelling - rest, ice, compression and elevation is what woukd want for an injury like that 

On 12/24/2023 at 6:44 PM, peterborough said:

Well nothing new to me wearing heels but today did over 20,000 steps in 3” heels in New York. No comments at all. Doing 4” tomorrow lol

Good for you buddy, must have felt great.  People in NYC are busy getting "where they are going", no time to notice others' footwear.  Sounds like your heels were perfectly suited for a long day on rugged city terrain

I will get lots of rest when home.

my tow was pressing on the top of the inside shoe and was hurting to walk.the heels did not 

Yes it was good to walk around new york in heels so far today almost 12,000 steps and more to do. My feet are hurting a bit today as lots of standing around. Can walk further if not standing still for ages.

Finished the day with 15,829 steps in 4” heels over 12 hours

Below is my heel walking since 23rd to 27th

Steps.jpeg.png

Edited by peterborough
  • Like 1

Final day 27th just over 13k steps in 4th heels.

i have found that if there is alot of standing around it reduced the total distance i can walk without discomfort.

been a good few days experiencing walking on many types of surfaces such as concrete, metal, wood, rubber, marble.

i have found the nosiest to be wood and the most uncomfortable being rubber.

Fly home in morning if my broken toe allows i will do the airport visit in trainers if not heels. Then once on plane they are coming off for the flight and travel home.

with the toe rubbing the top of trainer causing me to limp when walking and in heels i could walk ok. Flight is at 7:55 new york time so will see how far i can work in trainers. If not far then heels it will be.

Edited by peterborough

Been off the net for a few days.

Get early boarding with your toe. You don't want some stepping on you foot will in the aisle.

A broken toe is the PERFECT time to wear open toe sandals.  The cold will numb the pain. In the early 70's I split a bone lenghtwise in my baby toe. There was no way I could put my foot in ANY shoe, so I went barefoot.  And there was a very rare snowstorm that week. The cold helped with the pain.

Get that toe looked at when you get home, you want it to heal straight.

I totally get the idea of getting home before you get an X-ray. I had a friend break her wrist in NYC years back, her medical bill was $3984, $750 for the X-ray in that total, $22 for paracetamol. The crazy thing in itemised bill was the $84 to get the medical notes emailed to her doctor here, herself and for the two pieces of A4 with her medical notes on them.

Hope Peterborough gets home and gets the treatment he needs.

just got Back in UK now and will be going to hospital tomorrow.

No problem at airport with my heels both in New York and UK.

everyone had to take shoes off at the New York Airport.

i was getting quite some speed up walking in the airport and could hear every step lol.

was a blessing my toe issue as it forced me in heels when i might otherwise  wear trainers (to the airport) so was a very good heel experience prob walked a total of 15 miles in them over since my stay in NY.

i feel like i never want to wear flat shoes anymore as i get the fun from the heels.

i seem to prefer to have a hard heel v a rubber type heel. Sound + how it makes my feet feel.

I went with my brother, sister-inlaw and his 3 kids and my partner.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, peterborough said:

just got Back in UK now and will be going to hospital tomorrow.

No problem at airport with my heels both in New York and UK.

everyone had to take shoes off at the New York Airport.

i was getting quite some speed up walking in the airport and could hear every step lol.

was a blessing my toe issue as it forced me in heels when i might otherwise  wear trainers (to the airport) so was a very good heel experience prob walked a total of 15 miles in them over since my stay in NY.

i feel like i never want to wear flat shoes anymore as i get the fun from the heels.

i seem to prefer to have a hard heel v a rubber type heel. Sound + how it makes my feet feel.

I went with my brother, sister-inlaw and his 3 kids and my partner.

Yeah, I get you about that. I rarely wear flats anymore on my own time. Because, why would you want to? As far as the other, yes, I kind of like the click click, although with shoes like yours, I find it to be more of a "Tok, tok." However, there are limits to that obnoxiousness. I currently have 3 pairs of shoes at the moment that I consider to be too loud. Usually, this is fixed with a reheel, just to keep things down to a dull roar.

well went to the hospital and had xrays confirmed the toe was dislocated. They was amazed by how i was able to work around new york with the toe like it was. Did not mention about the heels. 

They gave me gas and air and they tried to reset but was too painful so they had to give me an have injection to num the area and then tried to reset but keep popping out so they got it in place and tied to the other toe and did another xray to confirm the bone is still in correct position.

i guess that this means no heels for a few weeks yet they are the only shoe i can walk in ok. 

35 minutes ago, peterborough said:

i guess that this means no heels for a few weeks yet they are the only shoe i can walk in ok. 

Like I said before, open-toe sandals. Let the cold be your friend.

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, good ol NYC.  Aside that I hope your toe is finally okay, these stories bring back many fond memories of my stomping ground from 2000-2021.  Hope you found the people in NYC warm and kind. 

Miss my love (NYC).

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.