Cali World

Cali

On 7/25/2023 at 9:46 PM, Cali said:

I felt like channeling my inner Elvis and wore these blue suede JS stilettos today.

A woman walking her dogs in front of my house said "oh those are cute."  😁

elvisblueHH.jpg

Great looking ankle boots indeed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Carl Perkins is the man who actually wrote the song. Elvis made it rather more famous a year later. 

Thanks, how it works in the real world. Delivery is more important than creativity. 

Had an interesting day yesterday. Since it was the last "Mess with Your Mind Thursday” of the summer. (I have a 3-week vacation coming up.)  I started off the day with my suede knee high Jessica Simpson stilettoes and shorts. It’s amazing how this is just a normal summer look for me a work.

I wanted to go to an afternoon retirement celebration and didn’t want my heels to distract, so I changed my outfit into long pants and “mild” FreeBird booties – still 4-inchers. A lot of higher administration at this retirement. The organizer of this event is a short VP that always compares her stilettoes to my heels., and she asked, “why no stilettos?’ I told her they were in the car, which they were. She had een me on Tuesday in the blue suede stilettos (above).

Later, a short (<5 foot) Vietnamese women came over and complimented my heels. She told me she loved heels, but she can only wear them for 2 – 3 hours before her back hurts and wonder how I could do it.  I started to tell her, but we were interrupted and never got back to it.  

On the way out another woman stopped me and told me how much she liked the heels I had on. She told me her favorite were stilettos by Jessica Simp – something, not thinking I would know them. I said “You mean Jessica Simpson, I love her stilettos, in fact I have a pair Jessica Simpson knee highs in my car.” We chit-chat-ed a bit more, but I was on my way out and needed to leave.

Should I have worn by knee highs to this event?

• Like 4

Perhaps, with the knee highs, but not with shorts. I think a lot of people would consider shorts too informal for something like a retirement party. I like your boots though

Sounds like you had some very pleasant encounters - but then not too surprising. You’re a very good advertisement for men in heels. 

• Like 1

I considered wearing the skinny jeans and knee highs.  

Today the nurse told she remembers me from the last time in early February when I had boots and skinny jeans. She was jealous I was so skinny. I just had to laugh.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

People who see me only occasionally often remember me. Has to be because they see me in real 5 inch stiletto heels. It does leave a mark.

I love it and own it like you Cali and Melrose among a few others here. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, Cali said:

I considered wearing the skinny jeans and knee highs.  

Today the nurse told she remembers me from the last time in early February when I had boots and skinny jeans. She was jealous I was so skinny. I just had to laugh.

They say skinny jeans are out of fashion, but were they ever in fashion for us over 50s? I like how these Loft jeans *almost* make me look like I have a backside. Mine fell off about 20 years ago, if I ever had one. I realize they're not quite skinny jeans, but they are close.

loftjeans2023.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
  • Like 2

I wear skinny jeans all the time - they work better with knee boots - and just don’t bother reading what is “in” for people my age, or any other age.  I have been buying girls skinny jeans because all the men’s versions I’ve encountered would be better described as “slightly less baggy than than normal” and certainly not skinny. I wish I could find some genuinely skinny men’s jeans.

• Like 1

As some well pass the 50's, I wear skinny jeans. They fit better inside tall boots. I will sometime get shorter ones so that there is less material inside the boots. I now use Express high Flexx, size 8-10-12.

I am pretty solidly a size 4, otherwise known as a size 27(!). In pretty much any brand. But I have to buy ankle jeans, otherwise they're too long. I am vertically challenged. But as I proved yesterday at work, this old man can still go places normal men (as well as our lone woman apprentice) can't g0. They don't call me Squirrel for nothing. A nickname I have been unable to escape.

• Like 1

We had a plumbing problem and the plumber had to bring in their squirrel. You should ask for premium pay for those assignments.  Don't settle for peanuts.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today was an All Hands meeting at work. Many people I hadn't seen in months.  I got a second order comment on my heels.  Several women came by to say hello and to see what heels I had on, then one women told me she was enjoying seeing women come up to me to see and talk about my shoes.  One of the women that came over to see what I had on also always wears high heels, and we are the same size. However, we have yet to swapped heels, we've talked about it, but haven't done it yet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cali said:

One of the women that came over to see what I had on also always wears high heels, and we are the same size. However, we have yet to swapped heels, we've talked about it, but haven't done it yet.

sounds like she is game.  I wouldn't hesitate, and just do it!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Mr. X said:

sounds like she is game.  I wouldn't hesitate, and just do it!

Unprofessional. We've worked together for at least 15 years. We both wear 4 inch heels all the time, it's a very smaill club at work.

Fun thing, she also told me she was walking in  pair of platform sandals and the platform separated from the shoe.  I had tht happen in the spring too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cali said:

Unprofessional. We've worked together for at least 15 years. We both wear 4 inch heels all the time, it's a very smaill club at work.

Fun thing, she also told me she was walking in  pair of platform sandals and the platform separated from the shoe.  I had that happen in the spring too.

That happened to me three! In fact, I believe it was last spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had a governing board meeting.  I walked into the  meeting room 10 minutes early with a female colleague.

As I walked past the woman who was hosting the meeting, she asked me to stop so she could see what shoes I had on, old black Charles David gladiator wedges - 5.5 heel, 1.5 platform. The woman I walked in with also stopped and she had strappy black sandals – 2 inch heels, the host had on black strappy sandals and the woman that followed us in also had black strappy sandals.

Never thought the pre-meeting talk would be about BLACK strappy shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

These aren't new but its the first time I really wore them. I think I got the 5 years ago but never wore them. I got them because I had gotten a similar pair, and these where my back up chill booties.  Will the heel gave way on the light tan shoes after hundreds of miles.  But then my feet were too swollen to put these on. The issue with many things, including swollen feet was sovled this spring.  So out came these shoes.  Today was the first day I wore them to work.

notnews.jpg

These booties are both Sodas, so they aren't expensive, but they are in my stealth range.  Sometimes you just need a good bootie.

I have been search for replace heel shown below

twobootiesH.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cali said:

Everybody needs a pair of simple booties for the fall/winter. Flying internationally tomorrow on American wearing these booties. Hope the Aussies let me in.🙃.  

Your feet always swell on long flights. Good luck. Flew to and from Brazil in pumps, always tight on landing. 

I have done this set of flights before in the light tan booties shown above with no problem. If I was really bold, I would wear my Jessica Simpson knee high stiletto boots.  My brother is picking me up and he knows I wear heels.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Have a good flight! It’s a long one. I have done it - from the US and from Europe - more times than I can count and it is never easy, no matter which part of the plane you’re in!

I like to upgrade my seat on the way home.

I once flew first class on Emirates from London to Sydney - a very nice assignment! - and ended up arriving more exhausted than if I’d flown economy on a lowly airline, mainly because of my own greed and gypsies-in-the-palace mentality. I simply refused to waste a moment of that over-the-top luxury in sleep!

• Haha 2