First Time Out In Public

In the last 5 months I took every chance I got to get out in heels. But all those events had one thing in common, only if nobody could see me. So for example when I had to fix some computers or installed a new program at the office of one of my clients in the middle of the night or on weekends and I was sure there was nobody else then me there I often would take the chance to wear heels. Also when I was driving for a longer distance I quite often would do so in heals. Then 4 months ago I had to fill up the gas will driving in knee hight boots (Black Pleaser Electras), but I thought I really don't want to take theme off. So I drove up to the gas pump and than just sat in my car for ages. Finally I got the courage and stepped out of the car, and walked to the other side of it to fill up the gas, and hide. Then I had to walk into the shop to pay the bill. My heart was racing, but I had no choice. So I walked into the shop and up to the cash desk. I payed my bill and was gone as fast as I could. I got no looks as I walked in because couldn't see much of the black boots from the front under my black pants. But I'm sure everyone had a good view while i was walking out of the shop, witch by the way had a tiled floor. The next months nothing similar happened. I only took a walk in the middle of the knight on a road where you have a great view over the city where I live, but where nobody is around at this time. Then I bought a nice pair of black wedge ankle boots and from the time I bought theme planed my first time out in public. I was going to fly to Hamburg, Germany in December and the chance that I would run into somebody I know where so small that i could take the chance. Well but the wheel of fortune took a bad spin on my and 2 of my friends also planed to visit the same conference, so no heels this time. :sad:

Then one night had a lot of work to do at the office of one of my clients, I went to get something to eat at 2 am. and thought I'll just pick it up in heels why not. So it again took me aegis to get out of the car but I did it. This time i wasn't that bad, my heart was still pumping dough.

The next big step was about one month ago, i was driving home from a day long business trip and stopped at a highway rest stop to get something to eat. I than sat in the car for about 20 minutes and finally decided that I'm going in with my heels. This time i was wearing black wedge pumps. The place wasn't as busy as I expected it to be (it was around 10 p.m.), and I even went to mens room. The whole places had tiled floors and I was quite happy that I wore the wedge pumps and not some stilettos.

A few days later I went out for a walk to a park along the river which runs trough the city I live. Again in the middle of the night but this time in 5 inch stiletto pumps, witch was quite a bit of a challenge.

But now to the main event. Three days ago I went to London to visit a trade fair, and planed to do all the sightseeing in the afternoon in heels. So when I arrived in the hotel and looked around in the web for a thing to do with the rest of the day. I decided to visit the London Eye. I put on my black wedge ankle boots and without any hesitation started my journey. I had to walk to the underground station (~10min walk} and than had to ride the tube for about 20 min. Siting in the tube a few people noticed but didn't stare or anything else. I then got on the London eye an was in a capsule together with 4 Japanese tourists. I'm not sure if the noticed. I than got something to eat in a nearby restaurant and went back to the hotel. On the way back there was young women sitting opposite of me on the tube, and did a double take on my shoes, but trough out the ride i noticed here again and again glancing at my shoes when she thought i didn't see. Back at the hotel I tough to myself how bad it would be if now the room key would be broken and I have to walk into the lobby / hotel bar witch is full of people watching a sports game. I what do thing happed? YES the room key was broken and had to go back to the lobby and wait there while the receptionist reprogrammed my room key. My feat where already hurting because it was the longest time i was walking and standing around in 4 inch heels up till now.

Why I'm writing all this? Because without this site and all the stories and encouragement here I would never have had the courage to go out into the public in heels. I hope this can help somebody else how had the same fears as I did. So a BIG BIG thank you to everybody here on hhplace.

I'm still not ready to come out to friends and family and run around in heels in my home town, but I'm going to leave my hotel room now to enjoy my last day here in London in heels.

The wedges i talked about:

post-17286-0-48966300-1362146512_thumb.j

Congratulations on you first outings. I don't know about your location, but a park at night is not generally a good idea.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

mbheel, I also say conratulations on your outing!! I agree, a dark park is not a good idea as shafted said. Please read my thread "heels and flying", in the for everybodys section. I believe that should help your confidence. It was my first major outing in red 5" heel pumps traveling from Atlanta's busy airport to Baltimore. I had a great time with red heel pumps fully exposed and couldn't believe the great comments form other women travelers. After that trip I am now comfortable to wear these anywhere along with all my other heels which don't stand out as much as these!!! Just went to a local old fashioned barber shop yesterday in the red pumps. All got to see me sitting in the old style barber chair getting a haircut. Sure I got looks but not one negetive comment. So, let them look! By the way all 3 of the barbers there were beautiful younger women. :) You know I'll be back!! Get out there heeling and have fun! Jim

Congratulations on you first outings. I don't know about your location, but a park at night is not generally a good idea.

Thank You! It,s not really a park more of a walkway with trees and grass along the river, and here in Austria it's quite save. At least were I live. There are also streetlights every 10m or so on the walkway. I know the location pretty well and was there often without heels. In the summer you have to be careful not to disturb the couples enjoying the fresh air ;-)

mbheel,

I also say conratulations on your outing!! I agree, a dark park is not a good idea as shafted said.

Please read my thread "heels and flying", in the for everybodys section. I believe that should help your confidence. It was my first major outing in red 5" heel pumps

traveling from Atlanta's busy airport to Baltimore. I had a great time with red heel pumps fully exposed and couldn't believe the great

comments form other women travelers. After that trip I am now comfortable to wear these anywhere along with all my other heels which

don't stand out as much as these!!!

Just went to a local old fashioned barber shop yesterday in the red pumps. All got to see me sitting in the old style barber chair getting a haircut.

Sure I got looks but not one negetive comment. So, let them look! By the way all 3 of the barbers there were beautiful younger women. :)

You know I'll be back!!

Get out there heeling and have fun!

Jim

Thanks allot, I've read your thread before. I thought about flying home in the heels, but I'm most likely going to be picked up by a family member at the airport witch is a small one where i have no possibility to change to a another pair of shoes till I'm outside. :sad:

But I'm looking forward to an opportunity to fly in heels. I'm visiting the states in the summer so maybe there will be an opportunity to try it.

Thank You! It,s not really a park more of a walkway with trees and grass along the river, and here in Austria it's quite save. At least were I live. There are also streetlights every 10m or so on the walkway. I know the location pretty well and was there often without heels. In the summer you have to be careful not to disturb the couples enjoying the fresh air ;-)

Thanks allot, I've read your thread before. I thought about flying home in the heels, but I'm most likely going to be picked up by a family member at the airport witch is a small one where i have no possibility to change to a another pair of shoes till I'm outside. :sad:

But I'm looking forward to an opportunity to fly in heels. I'm visiting the states in the summer so maybe there will be an opportunity to try it.

Maybe a good time to say hello and how do you like these. Just watch out for the foot swelling on the plane! Had that problem with mine and it was only just under a 2 hour flight. I was picked up at the airport by a friend I have known since 4th grade and this was his first exposure to my heel wearing. Took it well and thought they looked great!

Well done on your fist public heeling! I was thinking about doing a similar thing - going to London for a couple of days and doing some anonymous heeling. I think it'd be a great way to get your confidence up before showing friends and going more public in your home town. I actually have a trip there planned in a week or so after which case I'll be reporting back...

Its good to read such positive tales of public heeling, I would love to do it more but daren't. I think next time I visit London I may have to try it too....the furthest I get to at home usually is going to the bins with my rubbish (apart form the odd night out). The best thing about London is no one cares, you can just be yourself :-)

MBHeel, Great post. Thanks for sharing. As you can already see, it gets easier every time. Pretty soon you'll be disappointed that nobody is noticing. You'll gain confidence the more you go out in heels, and at some point you'll share it with your family and friends, who will probably not care one bit. Good luck, and keep posting your stories. Steve

mbheel,

Great for you!! I'd like to relate something that happened yesterday so you'll keep it in mind just how enjoyable, and how easy it is, to wear the footwear of your choice wtihout fearing the sky will fall on you.

I had the chance to finally meet some people from this forum in Chicago yesterday. They wore regular clothes with leather jackets and such, I had more girlish look with a long sweater, bootcut jeans, a Pulsar ladies dress watch, carried a tan fringe handbag,and wore these Jessica Simpson platform sandals you see here. I gave a lift to a friend of mine who runs a shoe store and we walked about three blocks from my car to the restaurant. I crossed intersections and walked past people and storefronts and the sky didn't fall. I sat on a high bar=type stool at our table with my stiletto heels clearly visible and a great time then walked back to my car dressed the same way amid all the clubgoers and such at 2215 at night and...the sky didn't fall!! All the others i the group had on boots but I really wanted to wear sandals despite the temperature being just under 32F (0C). I even stopped at a McDonalds on the way home for coffee and purposely went in to get the coffee becuse those stillettoes will give you an enormous sense of attitude. A few looks and a big smile from the cashier girl. That's the world that awaits you. I'm glad you found helpful advice here but really you are just expressling the personality you have had along. Keep doing that and keep telling us about it. HappyinHeels

Thanks for sharing your experiences mbheel, and congratulations on making your debut in daylight with people around instead of hiding. It's so much better to wear heels with pride and not shame. Those wedges look like a great choice. I'm sure many people can relate to the same fears, and also to your gratitude for the inspiration to find the courage to overcome those fears. I hope you enjoyed your last day in London.

If you like it, wear it.

Happyin Heels, Sounds like a fun evening! I like those sandals even though I have never thought of myself as a sandal person. How are they to walk in and feel? May have to expand my shoe selections this spring! Jim

Thanks for the great post mbheel. Those wedges look like a great choice. I can relate to so many of your stories. I too have sat in cars for 20mins at petrol stations before going in to pay. It was amazing. I haven't been able to go heeling in public during the day yet but maybe it is just around the corner. Due to my situation I don't own any heels at the moment but I'm planning an early morning visit for Saturday to a department store and that will be my first experience of trying on heels. If I manage to get the courage that is

jimnj3, The JS Carlow Sandals are not for heel newbie as the stiletto heel is a full 6" but they are a cool to wear as they are to look at. I have high arches and shorter legs so my center of gravity is four inches lower than expected given my upper proportions and this gives me an extremely good sense of balance. They are an easy on/off sandal and easy to walk in PROVIDED you watch for sidewalk cracks, plant grates, etc. You should expand your footwear choices since you obviously have no fear of flying in heels it will only add to the excitement. While the Carlow is a sandal the toe opening is smaller so that only two of my toes (light purple) were visible. I wore mid-rise bootcut jeans which allowed 3/4 of the heel and shoe to be seen and an anklet which could only be seen when seated at the restaurant. One style I love are wedge sandals which are cumfy and stable and would be perfect for trips especially the ones with rubber soles. Wedges also offer the distinct advantage of being good for grass so if you get invited to a backyard event you can go! HappyinHeels

As any veteran heeler can tell you, the very first time is always the hardest and the toughest. Your mind churns up all sorts of horrors, real and imagined about what might happen when venturing out, and that fear of the unknown can be so great, it keeps some inside, afraid to step out into the big, bad public. However, once you do go out and discover that the world doesn't come to an end, nor do angry hordes chase you down with torches and pitchforks, you find yourself wondering what all the fuss was about. But the good feeling from being out is both tremendous and intoxicating. Welcome to the club, mbheel!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

So finally I have some time to write a update on my last day in London. Actually I was quite uneventful. I went to a site I wanted to visit a had to ride the overground. There was a group of teenagers (guys) who apparently thought my choice of footwear hilarious. I was a little bit relieved when I arrived at my station and exited the train. I then walked to my destination, using on Google maps on my iPhone. Not far from the station the police was handing out flyer's informing passing people that there a thieves around snatching phones out of peoples hands. The first cop I passed ignored me but the second tried to give me a flyer an I respectfully said I don't need one. At this time I didn't know what the flyer was saying. The policeman said I should be careful that there are phones being stolen out of peoples hands, as I was using my phone at the time. So I talked to him for a minute or two. I don't think he noticed the heels. So another thing the check on the list of heels in public, interacting with the police will wearing heels. Which actually isn't anything special. Still altogether I for some reason didn't felt that safe and confident ass the other day so after the reached my point of interest I went back to the hotel. Thats the end of my story in London. One thing for sure, the heels will be in my suitcase when I travel somewhere where nobody I know lives, or is traveling with me. I'm looking forward to the next time wearing heels in public, but I'm still far from coming out to friends and family. So wearing heels around where I live is no a option yet. But I maybe will break the ice a little bit this Halloween.