Jumpsuits.

ilikekicks

Im starting to get a vibe on jumpsuits. Especially satin ones. I think being slender I could really pull one off.

Opinions on them?

The first two varieties might work well - - - not so sure about that third one though - - but hey - your call!

Not likely to work well with me. I can just hear it - - - "When are you due??"

Edit - - Oh, the first two pics are the same outfit. Yep, go for it.

Hmm! Interesting! I haven't seen women wear jumpsuits in public for quite a few years. However, I think it could be made to work, especially the first two pics. Hey! Go for it, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I like the material of the third suit but the design of the first+second one. Definitely wouldnt want an open chest type one as I dont have boobs. :D I tried one of Darians but it was actually to small in the waist ( Im up to a 28 now! :) ). I like the idea of something having shape without being skin tight. Id like to find a suit that has 3/4 sleeves as well.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Like the first two pics..I've experimented with a similar style jumpsuit. Like skirts, I'm not presently happy with it on me. Unlike skirts, I want it so to work on me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The closest I come is the coveralls I wear when I'm working on our cars, although I do have a nice "nightgown" that I wear regularly, that is a jumpsuit style. It's very comfortable for sleeping but if you need to use the bathroom you have to pretty much completely disrobe. If yo are going to be out and about in a jumpsuit you need to take that into account - I don't think many jumpsuits will have a fly in the front :princess: ...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Good point Aly! No ' fly '. Definitely something to consider. Was looking at more this past evening after the game.. I like the 2 on the left dont care for the third one for some reason..

post-12379-0-94208400-1360567428_thumb.p

Good point Aly! No ' fly '. Definitely something to consider. Was looking at more this past evening after the game..

I like the 2 on the left dont care for the third one for some reason..

I think the middle one is my favorite of the three.

Last time I wore a jumpsuit was in High School AFJROTC as a kinda casual uniform. Wife turned it into a painters coveralls years later.

Good point Aly! No ' fly '. Definitely something to consider. Was looking at more this past evening after the game..

I like the 2 on the left dont care for the third one for some reason..

I like the one in the middle, if but for no other reason than because of the full length pants.

I tend to think your slight build would lend itself well to wearing a jumpsuit. JUst, remember...if you rock it with some open-toe sandals you should treat yourself to a pedicure!!! You could at least try it and then you can honestlysay you hate it or love it. Otherwise it's a jumpsuit and pumps only which you would probably still look good in is my guess. You'll never know until you take the plunge (good Niagara word there). HappyinHeels

I like jumpsuits and catsuits too. I have about 8 leather catsuits and a couple of PVC ones. I also have some jumpsuits, one is a gold satiny material which is a little stretchy but loose except round the waist but has stirrups like ski-pants keeping it taut. My other jumpsuit is a black flying suit which looks absolutely stunning with heels.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

To all : I ordered the one in the picture in the middle that everyone liked. Color will be black though.

I tend to think your slight build would lend itself well to wearing a jumpsuit. JUst, remember...if you rock it with some open-toe sandals you should treat yourself to a pedicure!!! You could at least try it and then you can honestlysay you hate it or love it. Otherwise it's a jumpsuit and pumps only which you would probably still look good in is my guess. You'll never know until you take the plunge (good Niagara word there). HappyinHeels

I dont have any ' open toe ' or ' peep toe ' shoes at all.

My slender build is starting to change. Ive gained a few pounds and hope to gain a few more over this summer. Im up to a 28inch waist and 139lbs. Im hoping to hit 160ish ( the most I will ever have weighed ) by this coming winter. ;)

I like jumpsuits and catsuits too. I have about 8 leather catsuits and a couple of PVC ones. I also have some jumpsuits, one is a gold satiny material which is a little stretchy but loose except round the waist but has stirrups like ski-pants keeping it taut. My other jumpsuit is a black flying suit which looks absolutely stunning with heels.

I LOVE satin! I feel so absolutely comfortable wearing it. Light weight, cool in feel.. If I could find a jumpsuit like the ones pictured in Satin.. I wouldnt really mind expending the cash for it.

Any way you could lay-out that flying suit and take a picture of it? Its sounds really nice!

To all : I ordered the one in the picture in the middle that everyone liked. Color will be black though.

Cool! I'll be most interested in seeing how you look in that jumpsuit. What shoes will you wear with it?

Dunno what will be on the feetz yet Jeff. ;) Im not really into sandals or any ' open toe ' types of shoes. Probably some kind of ' classic pump ' or wedge booties of some variation. The inseam on the suit I ordered is 33 inches and they have zipper closures on the leg endings. With a 32inch inseam, wearing flats, the cuff of a pant leg lands right on the top of my foot and doesnt hit the ground. With a 34inch inseam, the cuff usually just hits the ground where the heel of a normal pair of flats is. I figure, with a pair of pumps, these should work quite well and not hide the shoes at all. -Ilk.

Dunno what will be on the feetz yet Jeff. ;)

Im not really into sandals or any ' open toe ' types of shoes. Probably some kind of ' classic pump ' or wedge booties of some variation. The inseam on the suit I ordered is 33 inches and they have zipper closures on the leg endings. With a 32inch inseam, wearing flats, the cuff of a pant leg lands right on the top of my foot and doesnt hit the ground. With a 34inch inseam, the cuff usually just hits the ground where the heel of a normal pair of flats is.

I figure, with a pair of pumps, these should work quite well and not hide the shoes at all.

-Ilk.

Smart call on going with classic pumps. I think that's the right choice. Now, will the shoes be the same color as the jumpsuit, or will you opt for some contrast?

Dunno yet. I have Red, white, black, blue, tan/beige pumps so.. I'll have to see what looks good/matches.

Well, here's an idea: Go with the red pumps and pair them with a red belt, thus providing a goodly amount on contrast with the black jumpsuit.

Update : I want to cry! The sizing is all wrong! I ordered a ' large '. The sizing for a ' large ' has an inseam of 33 inches , a waist of 28inches and a chest of 38. Well.. the inseam fit but the waist? My god, you could fit 5 of me in here! I feel like Im wearing a damn tent! So.. I had Darian try it on. Were roughly the same size. It was better in the chest on her as she has boobs but it was still a tent! She wears a 34 or 36 bra and the top part was just flapping all over the place! The only thing correct was the inseam. I need a smaller size or a tailor. Probably a tailor as I do like the suit and for what it cost ( 48$ ), to ship it back.. and waiting.. I could probably have this one taken in for 15-20$ and have it back in a day or so. What a shitty monday :( !

Update : I want to cry!

The sizing is all wrong! I ordered a ' large '. The sizing for a ' large ' has an inseam of 33 inches , a waist of 28inches and a chest of 38. Well.. the inseam fit but the waist? My god, you could fit 5 of me in here! I feel like Im wearing a damn tent!

So.. I had Darian try it on. Were roughly the same size. It was better in the chest on her as she has boobs but it was still a tent! She wears a 34 or 36 bra and the top part was just flapping all over the place!

The only thing correct was the inseam.

I need a smaller size or a tailor. Probably a tailor as I do like the suit and for what it cost ( 48$ ), to ship it back.. and waiting.. I could probably have this one taken in for 15-20$ and have it back in a day or so.

What a shitty monday :( !

That's annoying, I hate it when stuff like that happens! Hope you get it sorted, can't wait to see what it looks like!

The fit. Catsuits are a second skin.

YEP!

Im not one for really tight clothing. I dont mind leggings or skinny jeans that arent really tight.

Update : I went to the tailors/seamstress. It was a place I havent gone before. I walked in and it was like the woman had a crystal ball. Before I said a word she told me " You ordered something and it doesnt fit. You want it altered ".

Damn. If she can read minds maybe she already knows my measurements?

I pulled out the Jumpsuit and she had a puzzled look on her face. " You do know that.. "

' Yep, its a womans jumpsuit and its for me! '

" Thats not what I was going to say but I figured it was for you as your wearing such an adorable pair of booties. What I was going to say is that most items are returnable. Apparently you either know this or want something done properly locally so it wont take forever. "

' Umm.. are you like a genie? Can I have 3 wishes or something? '

" No, not a genie, I just spoke with your wife earlier when she called. She said a guy matching your description would be stopping by probably wearing a pair of booties like the ones you have on your feet.. "

pw3nd! :(

' I see.. Well, how do we do this? '

She measured me. I have a 29 inch waist, 39inches around the butt cheeks/hips and 38 in the chest. Inseam from groin to the floor with my foot flat on the ground is 33inches.

The waist on the suit was 32 inches. It has elastic in it and wasnt being stretched at all. The chest was 48inches! ( 24inches across laying flat ) and the inseam is 34 inches.

What was really cool is she has a mannequin thingy that adjust sizes so she can make a torso/body the same size and shape like mine.

The part that sorta bothered me.. " Well.. I can make this fit really nice but I need to ask... do you ever wear breasts? "

' Do I WHAT?!?!?! ' WTF!?!?!? Where did that come from!?!?!? ' NO! Im a guy! '

She laughed and stated she didnt know me and its not to often a guy comes into her shop wearing wedge booties. Its even more-so ' not too often ' a guy walks in wearing wedge booties carrying a female jumpsuit and asking for it to be altered to fit them.

So.. I can pick up the suit on friday. I guess its a busy season right now as ' prom ' for high schoolers is coming soon. There were a LOT of dresses/suits in her shop.

I think she had some questions she wanted to ask but didnt want to make me feel uncomfortable. Shes going to add belt-loops on the sides and make the ' sinch ' that draws the back together a bit smaller as even with it all the way in and dangling all over.. its just not right.

Total cost 20$.

Yep ILK, when buying online a tailor is a big help.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

5:30am and a voice mail hits the phone. I need to stop by the tailors place today for a fitment of sorts. I guess theres so much material being taken out, she wants to see how everything looks when ' pinned up ' before she cuts anything. Whats ' pinned up '? Its all good! Ill stop by there on the way to the in-laws to finish the bedroom were working on.

Pinned up is essentially holding the new seams together with straight pins to check fit before stitching.

Thanks for the info! Im supposed to stop by there in the morning after I go look at another ' new relatives ' home. Water damage to their kitchen ceiling from the bathroom above it. Im wondering if it would be wrong to start telling the ' new family ' to pay me in clothing ;) . Let them do all the running around. So.. I was watching a TV program called ' Arrow '. One of the babes was wearing a RED jumpsuit with some heels.. It looked awesome on her! Screen capture of it :

post-12379-0-00951200-1362109701_thumb.j

Tailors do wonderful things! I'm amazed how they can take a difficult project like you mentioned and turn it into a brand new garment (and the price is cheap!) I hope it all works out for you and you will have to show us how it looks. and P.S. - that red jump suit is amazing!!