Where Do You Guys Store Your Heels?

Curt

I live in a one bedroom apartment downtown, and not sure where to store them. I would like to keep them togetther. And problem is, I have a lot of tall boots. Should I srtore them in the closet, or build shelves for them. I,ve got 20 pairs of shoes and boots. I but a new pair once a month. I spent over two thousand dollars on heels in the last 3 months. Got to put myself on a budget. I now put money aside for shoes. No cheap thrift store shoes anymore. Now I shop at fluevog, scarpino, nine west, aldo, and maybe some stores online. Only the best for this guy!

I have a bunk bed and have some pairs of boots on the unused top bunk and some pumps on the floor in my closet. I'm not really trying to hide them at all, if someone sees them and asks me about it I will tell the truth. Somehow nobody's asked yet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

Well now, I do not have to hide them but storing them is becoming a problem. I have 8-9 pairs under the bed, dozen plus in our shared closet and several more in a second closet, and other nooks and crannies. I would love to be able display them all.....some day. New house maybe..........someday! Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

I spent over two thousand dollars on heels in the last 3 months.

Yes, you do need a budget - it took me thirty years to spend $2,000 on heels, so slow down!

As for storage, how I store them depends on who I expect to have over. When it's just myself, they come out and I store them in hanging cloth shoe racks, attached to my clothes hanger bar. When I've guests, who might see that, I sometimes hang a sheet over them, but when nosy relatives come to visit, I put them away in a duffle bag.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

The answer is patience. You need to talk. Communicate with her and find out what her objections are. Explore whether there is any wiggle room and common ground for compromise. Maybe she can't stand you in stiletto pumps, but would be ok in loafer style pumps with a thicker heel? Maybe she doesn't like pumps at all, but would be ok with boots. You need to find out, and go there. Stay inside her comfort zone and make sure your life revolves around her and not around your shoes. But push the envelope slowly as she gets used to you in heels. Take baby steps and watch her body language. Give her reassurance and attention, and if she's worried about you becoming gay, a cross dresser, etc., address those concerns. A lot of it has to do with her security or lack thereof. Good luck and let us know if we can help. Steve

I don't really have a place that I store my heels. They just kinda sit whereever I happen to take them off at or place them after work. Most of my heels tend to wind up in front of my dresser. Since I had to start wearing them for medical reasons I didn't have to hide them anymore. -Nikki

I keep mine in under-bed storage and in/on-top of the wardrobe, a few in their original boxes but most wrapped in plastic bags to keep them clean and save space. I'm not particularly trying to hide them, I just don't like them lying around all over the place. In-season styles (like sandals in the summer, boots in the winter) tend to find their way to the more easily accessible places. Occasionally a pair will wear out (usually a cheap pair that falls to pieces), otherwise when I run out of space the odd bad purchase (poor fit or just unflattering for my feet, from the days I used to buy without trying first) will find its way to the charity shop to make space. I once made a rack to store them all on display, and it was great to look at every day but it took up too much space and so wasn't practical.

If you like it, wear it.

I'm totally intrigued, what medical reasons would you need for wearing high heels? I'm nit trying to be funny, just curious.

I have achilles tendonitis in my left heel. The heels allow me to walk without pain. My research lead me to heel inserts for my shoes along with stretches and exercises. As I had a couple pairs of heels already on hand, I gave that a try instead of buying a set of lifts. That was 3 months ago. I am now able to wear 2 inch heels without pain and sometimes can do short jaunts in trainers or barefoot.

And yes i did see a doctor. She did advise that I should wear lower heels, I was wearing 3 inch heels at the time, to work out the tendon. She also recommended the exercises that I was already doing.

-Nikki

I'm supposed to keep mine with the rest of tbe shoes in the cupboard under the stairs, but I frequently get told off by my partner for a growing collection next to the bed where I take them off before bed.

• 4 weeks later...

I have achilles tendonitis in my left heel. The heels allow me to walk without pain. My research lead me to heel inserts for my shoes along with stretches and exercises. As I had a couple pairs of heels already on hand, I gave that a try instead of buying a set of lifts. That was 3 months ago. I am now able to wear 2 inch heels without pain and sometimes can do short jaunts in trainers or barefoot.

And yes i did see a doctor. She did advise that I should wear lower heels, I was wearing 3 inch heels at the time, to work out the tendon. She also recommended the exercises that I was already doing.

-Nikki

That's almost always an injury associated with overuse. I've had it twice, back when I was young. Dr. Shoe might know more.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Guest IronCross

Under the bed on my side of the bed. I live in a studio apartment with my girlfriend so we're a little pressed for space. I'd have mine in the closet with hers but there isn't much room left in there.

We have a shoe closet for my wife's 400+ pair and about 60 pair of mine. I also have more (30-40 pair) under the bed in boxes. It's funny that we all start believing that everyone is going to see them and question us but the reality is, no one is really observant. Heels in boxes in a closet won't attract attention unless you draw it to them.