Wearing Heels In Public: Daring To Do It Or Feeling Ready To Do It?

Black_Boots

I do not want to start another thread about wearing heels in public, but I would like to share my feelings. I have been buying heels since year now and also for year, I was only wearing them at home when alone, which means not that often. About a year and half ago, I started to wear them on my scooter going to work and back home, which was for me a big step forward. Continuing this "process", I also wear them sometimes when I go to buy fuel (at night!!!) or when I go get some money at the ATM. Wearing them almost everyday going work, it becomes something more "normal" to me, I feel less and less anxious about being seen or recognized. This morning I felt, for the first time, the feeling to be ready to wear them, during day, in public, of course with a little hide from trouser, but, I felt I could do it and "feeling good in my shoes". This feeling is really good and helps me to build up my self confidence. Bye bye. Matt

post-13927-0-87629600-1342075637_thumb.j

post-13927-0-60025700-1342075643_thumb.j

post-13927-0-58210400-1342075650_thumb.j

My personel thoughts on this subject are I find as I get older I tend to do what I want and don't really care what others think, but when I was younger I would worry about other peoples thoughts etc and how they would judge me, but now I get up put on my black ankle boots with say 3 inch heels and wear them all day don't even think about what I am wearing and nobody even notices.

life is not a rehearsal

Matt;

Experience is the only way to build confidence.

I’m sure you have read many other posts where folks say that they were out, obviously wearing heels, and either no one noticed, or when they did notice, no one cared. You are not going to believe those posts until you experience it for yourself.

DDW’s comments about “when I get older” got me to thinking that I wish I had started wearing heels in public when I was younger. I’ve missed a lot of fun.

I don’t want to spoil your fun of discovery but as you venture out in your heels you will:

• Soon be disappointed that no one notices
  • Start wearing trousers that let more of the heels show
  • Start wearing boots over your trousers
  • Wonder what all the concern was about and have fun

I’ve never been a platform fan but those are nice looking heels.

Enjoy your heels

TBG

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Black_Boots, I am fairly new to wearing heels in public on daily basis, 2 months now. I have noticed, in my area and places I go, that most people are to engorossed with their own life to notice that I am wearing shoes let alone heels. I had 3 co-workers ask me the other day why I was wearing heels. One of them asked me if I lost a bet, haha. 2 of them have seen me daily over the past couple months. I will also agree with TBG on his bullet points, I have thoughts on letting my heels show more. I am even entertaining the Idea of brightly colored heels and matching shirt, I was thinking a pink shirt that says "Real men wear pink" with pink heels and hose, maybe black fishnets or both pink hose and black fishnets ;) lol. Oh and let's not forget the obligitory "way to go" on your outings in heels. "Keep it up" :). -Nikki

You're spot on, that sense of "feeling good in my shoes" is a great foundation for self-confidence. Those high-heeled boots peeping out from under the jeans is a really nice look. Wearing your heels on the scooter sounds like a lot of fun too.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for your comments,

It is exactly what it is about: experiencing and building up experience.

TBG:

• Soon be disappointed that no one notices
  • Start wearing trousers that let more of the heels show
  • Start wearing boots over your trousers
I would agree with what you said, but it is also linked with the kind of heels you have. I like spike heels platform, which are really not "masculine" and i might take time for me to start to show them off...

W6ish: Thank you!

SH:

Reading your adventures shows you are much further then I am, still a lot to do for me!!

By the way, the heels are not boots but platform MJ's!!

Matt

Black_Boots, I love the look of those shoes with the stiletto heels peeking out from your bootcut jeans.I have worn ankle boots, knee-boots, pumps, and wedges with exactly the same look and loved it. One can't tell how high your heels are but I guess 4-5". If you are at this point then your confidence is hardly an issue. If you're riding a scooter then you should have no issue to go shoe shopping, go to the movies, eat out at a nice sit-down restaurant. I think we all applaud you and certianly I appreciate your thoughts. HappyinHeels

Just to be ' funny ', I would be more worried about being seen on a scooter then in heels ;) . If you wish to stand out less, go with a traditional sole until your fully confident/certain/up-to being totally on display. They might not be the type of shoes you wish to wear, but it will put you into the comfort zone of ' Im wearing heels, theres no problems '. The platforms tend to ' stand out ' more.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a place that a person can wear a pair of heels and no one notices. Yesterday I went to the local supermarket with a pair of 3 1/2" wedge sandels on with a pair of docker shorts. not one look. But as most have said most people are tied up with there lives and dont notice. I think that we all notice shoes more because we notice shoes.

Yep, I've worn heels to the grocery many times and nobody notices or cares. People aren't that observant to start with, but those with the high heel gene, like us, do notice. More than once my wife and I would pass somebody and she'd say, "Did you like her hair (or jewelry or blouse or hat or...)?" and I'd reply, "I'm sorry, my eyes never got above her legs." HA HA (followed by her elbow in my ribs...) Steve