Heels Mainstream For Men

Curt

The topic that can never be answered, let alone actually be a one-sided topic among us men (and even women). I'll admit: I expected everyone to give the "if we don't do anything, then no. It won't change" or "yes, I believe it can change". But no, there's a vary of answers I've read (or what I bothered reading). And it's quite a read, too. I couldn't answer this even if you paid me to. I can't really say what will happen, other than continued spotlight on the ever-changing fashion industry, as well as a streetlight over fashion men working the runways in heels. The only thing public about it is that: " :o! That guy's in heels! He must be gay!"

Formally "HHDude"

bootcat, We didn't give you your life back rather we showed you the light you already saw through the door and YOU took the step through that door to bask in the light of fashion freedom. Tolerance does wonders for people who only want to live a free life with dignity. HappyinHeels

"Tolerance" works best for me when it comes to this topic. Mainstream acceptance of men in heels is a pipe dream, something I don't think will ever happen, at least not in my lifetime anyway. Again, we should concentrate more on enjoying our unique passion whenever we can, not tilt at windmills attempting to achieve a lofty goal that, in my opinion is beyond our power.

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Something that bears repeating: Tolorance is given freely in today's society, acceptance is something you earn as an individual.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Something that bears repeating: Tolorance is given freely in today's society, acceptance is something you earn as an individual.

Right-on, Shafted

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

We normally agree on almost everything, but I would highly and respectfully disagree about ' tolerance ' being freely given. I would agree about acceptance and would even add ' respect ' in regards to the things we do earn of our own merits every waking moment of our lives.

There are many given things that I outright refuse to ' tolerate '. There are many others whom have beliefs that, without infringing upon another's, would also be found ' intolerant '.

This is why I can agree with others in saying if men in heels never goes mainstream, I wouldnt be bothered at all. I would still be myself and wear what I choose so long as I'm presentable enough for my own standards and ( more then likely ) respectful enough to those around me.

Edited by ilikekicks

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

This is why I can agree with others in saying if men in heels never goes mainstream, I wouldnt be bothered at all. I would still be myself and wear what I choose so long as I'm presentable enough for my own standards and ( more then likely ) respectful enough to those around me.

Bravo! Well said, my friend. At the end of the day, shouldn't that be the ultimate goal of everyone here? Chasing that pipe dream of mainstream acceptance is a waste of time and energy that will only bring about disappointment since I don't think it will ever come to pass. Let's just enjoy our passion and be happy just the way we are.

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

We normally agree on almost everything, but I would highly and respectfully disagree about ' tolerance ' being freely given.

My observations concerning tolerance come from first hand experience from the places I've been and my home state. True, it may not be the same everywhere.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Bravo! Well said, my friend. At the end of the day, shouldn't that be the ultimate goal of everyone here? Chasing that pipe dream of mainstream acceptance is a waste of time and energy that will only bring about disappointment since I don't think it will ever come to pass. Let's just enjoy our passion and be happy just the way we are.

I feel where Im different then most people is my thought on ' individualism ' and ' collectivism '.

Im not chasing any pipedream of acceptance. Theres no need to as it ALREADY EXISTS. It exists for *myself*. It exists for you! It exists for everyone if they will just embrace it.

' Acceptance ' to me is just something that *I* need to deal with in my own ways. I ( usually ) wear whatever I want. Some mornings, its the workboots as its tough to work on a ladder all day in stilettos. When I come home though, and after a shower.. theres absolutely NOTHING I cannot do so long as it doesnt harm/endanger anyone else.

Im not getting in a car while being drunk. Im not selling pain killers to kids. Im not performing some armed/violent act.. Im putting on a pair of shoes, just like most others do when they leave their homes.

I believe you and I are of a similar mindset and often ask ourselves ( I do all the time ) of ' whats the big deal about going out in a pair of shoes? '. We dont see anything wrong with this. Many others dont see anything wrong with this. Some people question if its ' right ' or ' wrong ' or worry about ' acceptance '.

I accept im putting my shoes on my feet. I accept that I bought them freely or they were gifts ( or I might be cheesing them out of Darians closet without asking ;) ) .

The problem lies in ' collectivism '. Everyone is worried what the others will think instead of thinking for themselves. The old ' Jones Syndrome '. F-that, I dont have time for it and frankly, I have things to clean up in my own house before I tell others about theirs. Common courtesy would be best displayed by sometimes not saying anything then to say " I have the freedom to tell others I think they are gay/wearing the wrong shoes/looking like a woman.. blah blah blah.. '.

Collectivism doesnt allow for an individual to grow to their best potential as they are limited by ' the group '. It restricts thinking as a whole as individual inputs are cancelled out by the ' majority ' or whats ' mainstream '.

I dont strut that line or speak that jive. Peace to all and do as you please so long as you harm no others.

My observations concerning tolerance come from first hand experience from the places I've been and my home state. True, it may not be the same everywhere.

I've found varying imagery in my times about. Some people ( hecklers ) have been vocal. I have seen some faces where people laughed but didnt say anything directly to me. Ive posted some of my stories of adventures from a mall, Niagara Falls, a place I often gig at.. theres all sorts of variances. Some were outstanding and I even made new acquaintances from them.

I have yet to have anyone tell me I needed to remove my shoes. I cant explain why this hasnt happened but it could be a number of things. I could be mistaken for a woman ( has happened many times ). I could just be in a place where nobody cared what I was wearing. It could have been many things which I will never know about.. but none of it would matter anyway.

Im not a super intellectual kind of guy, Im more idiot then master mind ;) . I just have a couple dollars worth of common cents.. er common sense that tells me to leave others alone so long as they arent bothering me. Tolerance/acceptance.. Blah, lemme buy someone a few beers and that whole scheme of Tolerance/Acceptance goes out the window.. Ill be a good friend ;) .

Those are my observations and Im sticking to em! :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

What I long for is the attitude that others can wear them and not be ridiculed. At one time earrings were new to men and a lot of people ridiculed them. Now it's not even an issue. I can't see why shoes would be such a sore spot but it seems to be with some folks.

blueparrot, Consider those trail-blazing, earring-wearing men of yesteryear and the comments they may have faced but they prevailed until the rest of the sheep joined in. It is exceedingly easy to follow and exceedingly hard to lead by example as we want to erect barriers in our heads. DO NOT LONG TO DO ANY THING IN THIS LIFE. The more you long for something the more of life you waste. As I said before in this post heels for men will never go mainstream if 95 of every 100 of us are wearing heels in the closet and completely out of view. Enjoy the products you buy! Start slowly and steadily work the footwear of your choice into your warddrobe and get out there. HappyinHeels

Well said, HIH. The pioneers are the ones who blaze the trail. That's us. We're out there showing the world it can be done, getting compliments, and most of all, having a good time wearing what we want. Occasionally we get arrows in our backs, like when people take a picture thinking we don't see them, or teenage girls giggling. But we just have to get over it and move on. We're on an important mission! If you want to wear heels, the only thing stopping you is the demons in your head. Steve

blueparrot, Consider those trail-blazing, earring-wearing men of yesteryear and the comments they may have faced but they prevailed until the rest of the sheep joined in. It is exceedingly easy to follow and exceedingly hard to lead by example as we want to erect barriers in our heads. DO NOT LONG TO DO ANY THING IN THIS LIFE. The more you long for something the more of life you waste. As I said before in this post heels for men will never go mainstream if 95 of every 100 of us are wearing heels in the closet and completely out of view. Enjoy the products you buy! Start slowly and steadily work the footwear of your choice into your warddrobe and get out there. HappyinHeels

You will be happy to know that I do wear shoes and boots with 4"+ heels several times a week. Actually, where I am right now the locals are pretty cool about it. When I said I long for I was meaning a change in other peoples' attitudes. I have noticed a major difference in cities where I lived. Some places are full of hateful, mean people. Here people are a lot nicer. I am working temporary job at the moment but would like to stay. Where I came from it was much more difficult.

blueparrot, Weel that's better! Hey, Colorado is one cool state and I was just there in late early June. Stayed at my favorite motel in Durango and drove through the middle of the state. Took the wife up Mt. Evans which is higher than she's ever been. Most of the cactus in my yard came from a friend's ranch near Salida and they like it here! As for heels, I stopped at Cherry Creek Mall last year as I was passing through Denver and wore wedge sandals as I shopped. Cool venue and a good time. Like I said I like the place so I'm always in a great mood out there. How can you not be with 14,000-foot mountains and an statewide average of 330 days of sunshine a year! HappyinHeels