Im no longer a shoe virgin!

LiveAndLearn

Im sorry for creating yet another new post, but im TOO excited to simply hold it all in! I managed to get my first pair of heels today. They're perfect, but being a 6 inch heel and a platform my feet are simply killing while having them on sitting down, but thats excted, they are my FIRST PAIR! hahahah Please excuse the legs!

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

Shouldn't we send out the official welcome pack now? Hehe. Give it time and those heels will feel like any other pair of shoes as you get used to wearing them. Just keep wearing them, the more you wear them, the more the shoe will change to the shape of your foot (even the pvc types do to a degree!). Once you've got the hang of them, I'm guessing you'll be wanting to take them outside? Chris

Good for you ! I hope you get as much joy in wearing your heels as I do mine.

Remember Practice, Practice and more Practice. Don't forget to have fun in them to.

Thank you, and don't worry I am already dancing in them, im just learning to cope with the pain, but when you stand up for 9-12 hours a day in a retail shop, it's not a forigen feeling unfortauntly :)

Congratulations on you first purchase of high heels. A wonderful life of heeling awaits.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congratulations! They are terrific!!¨!

aren't they a pair of Nite Life?

What is your normal size and what size did you buy?

Bye!

Indeed they are! And im a size 11-12 it depends but I got a size 12 and they're fine so far, my toes feel a bit squashed and sometimes the heel comes out when i walk but i've got some heel grips to fix that and yeah, im just adjusting to them

OK, so the next steps are: 1) shave the legs at least a bit and you'll feel more comfortable 2) buy some heels from leatherworks London, e.g. 7 inch heels with 2 inch platform. If you cope with these, wearing the whole rest of the "usual" shoes will be easy as counting 1,2,3:) Best regards and let the group of heeles raises:)

Six inchers for a first pair... Good Grief. :)

Cushoned insoles go a long way towards easing the pain. The goal is to enjoy your heels, not endure your heels.

TBG

Believe it or not i've gotten uset to them already, i'm already dancing in them and everything, i love them!

My toes hurt a lot in them but I do have to endure it but it's so worth it!

And yes.... 6 inch platformed court shoes as a first, go hard or go home!

Im sorry for creating yet another new post, but im TOO excited to simply hold it all in!

I managed to get my first pair of heels today. They're perfect, but being a 6 inch heel and a platform my feet are simply killing while having them on sitting down, but thats excted, they are my FIRST PAIR! hahahah

Please excuse the legs!

It must be the red, cause I really LOVE them! ;D

Formally "HHDude"

Six inchers for a first pair... Good Grief. :)

Haha, that was my first thought as well - "Talk about jumping in at the deep end." I've got nothing over 3.5 inches yet, that's enough for me so far. Congrats tho, but I dunno if the idea of "my toes hurt a lot in them, but I'll endure it" is the smart way to go, though. At least in my experience, having a pair of shoes that fit properly and are well made, are a million miles away from having a pair of heels that you can sorta squeeze into.

Haha, that was my first thought as well - "Talk about jumping in at the deep end." I've got nothing over 3.5 inches yet, that's enough for me so far. Congrats tho, but I dunno if the idea of "my toes hurt a lot in them, but I'll endure it" is the smart way to go, though. At least in my experience, having a pair of shoes that fit properly and are well made, are a million miles away from having a pair of heels that you can sorta squeeze into.

I'm with you, Mick! Heels don't have to hurt, and if they fit right, they won't. True, if they're new and need some breaking in, ok, but that should be a short period of time. TBG is right - the idea is to enjoy wearing the heels, not to endure pain just to wear them. Pain is nature's way of saying the shoes don't fit right, and wearing them could be causing injury in the long term. LiveAndLearn, don't cut your heeling life short with foot injuries. If the pain doesn't go away after wearing the shoes a few days, get some different ones that fit better.

Although this technique works better with real leather rather than synthetics, you might try wearing the shoes in very hot water (a bath or shower) and wearing them afterward for a few hours until they conform better to the shape of your feet. The heat will soften the plastic and the glue that holds the pieces together to allow the whole assembly to fit your foot shape better. Pace yourself.

Steve

I totally agree with TBG's "enjoy not endure". It can sound counter-intuitive to insert cushioned insoles when it feels like there already isn't enough space for your toes, but if you have a bit of space in the length (you said sometimes your heel slips out) it's worth a try. I just bought a pair of those "party feet" gel insoles for my old black ankle boots which really made my feet sore before but they're a joy to walk in now. I don't blame you for wanting to dance when you put them on... I feel like an idiot dancing in flat shoes but slip into a pair of heels and everything changes (well maybe I'm just kidding myself, but it sure feels good).

If you like it, wear it.

While pain is beauty, I do agree with you that the shoe has to be somewhat painless or comfortable. The only issue right now is that my big toes seems to be taking all the pressure, by pushing against the front of the shoe a lot. Im not sure if this is due to improper sizing or not, I mean my heels slips out the back sometimes so the shoe can't be any bigger, but if I got any smaller it wouldn't fit at all. Im thinking about getting some pads or insoles or something to try and help with it. Because it's almost like the shoe is pushing the nail down into my toe which obviously over time is never a good thing. Any insights?

Ahh, sounds like your foot is simply slipping forward in the shoe as you wear it. Gel pads or insoles are what you need! They'll keep your foot stationary inside the shoe, taking the pressure off your toes and anchoring the back of the heel. Also try tights or stockings. Allowing your foot to breath a little better in the shoe and removing the potential for 'sweaty feet' to cause you to slip around inside the shoes might help. Just experiment with different things until you get to grips with what you need for those shoes. Chris

Ahh, sounds like your foot is simply slipping forward in the shoe as you wear it.

Gel pads or insoles are what you need! They'll keep your foot stationary inside the shoe, taking the pressure off your toes and anchoring the back of the heel.

Also try tights or stockings. Allowing your foot to breath a little better in the shoe and removing the potential for 'sweaty feet' to cause you to slip around inside the shoes might help.

Just experiment with different things until you get to grips with what you need for those shoes.

Chris

Im not a tights or stockings kind of guy, i've only worn tights once and that was part of an outfit to see lady gaga.

I'll try wearing them with socks or something and see what it feels like, and also i'll try to find some insoles or something. My toes quite hurt at the moment anyway as I was wearing my heels for about 10 hours if not more yesterday :)

do you have a link to where you bought them please :-) Well done and cant wait to see what you buy next, I warn you tho it can get adictive, I was at 63 pairs before I had a huge clearout... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

do you have a link to where you bought them please :-) Well done and cant wait to see what you buy next, I warn you tho it can get adictive, I was at 63 pairs before I had a huge clearout...

Andi

I got them here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004KS6P5M/ref=oss_product

I bought heel pads for the back of my shoes but they didn't work. my shoes are fine if i take just a bit shorter than normal steps, but if i try to walk at normal pase my heels will pop out the back so, im not sure. I just tried my heels on with normal mens socks an they seem fine but they stil slip out so I mean im not sure.

Nevertheless I love these heels

...The only issue right now is that my big toes seems to be

taking all the pressure, by pushing against the front of the shoe a lot.

Greetings LiveAndLearn :-)

Nice shoes ! These are your first heels and you already endure pain wearing them ?

Why not make your heeling experience more enjoyable ?

You like the heels shape, height and platform of these shoes.

Did you ever consider wearing a boot with similar heel and platform ?

With a boot you will get better support and your feet won't slip toward the toe box.

You will be amazed to feel the difference and you will enjoy wearing them a lot more without pain !

You may want to give it a try and let us know ?

Happy heeling !

PS:

If possible, try the boots in the store before buying them !

Greetings LiveAndLearn :-)

Nice shoes ! These are your first heels and you already endure pain wearing them ?

Why not make your heeling experience more enjoyable ?

You like the heels shape, height and platform of these shoes.

Did you ever consider wearing a boot with similar heel and platform ?

With a boot you will get better support and your feet won't slip toward the toe box.

You will be amazed to feel the difference and you will enjoy wearing them a lot more without pain !

You may want to give it a try and let us know ?

Happy heeling !

Yes unfortauntly I am enduring pain when wearing them, however I am going to buy both insoles soon a long with some cushion-poitns to put on the inside for my toe. It seems to be both big toes but mainly the left, as my feet are SLIGHTLY different sizes too. But all the people I know who wear heels, both men and women, say that unfortauntly that is a factor when wearing heels.

I prefer boots, but finding NICE looking ankle boots in a size 12-13 is hard.

...But all the people I know who wear heels, both men and women,

say that unfortauntly that is a factor when wearing heels...

There will be some pain if the shoes is very narrow or with a pointy toe box.

All my shoes and boots (even the highest ones) are very comfortable.

(And some of my boots are very pointy)

I agree finding nice ankle boots in your size may not be an easy task.

What about higher boots ? There are many vendors out there on the internet.

Good luck !

PS: Nice boots on your avatar !