Jarod81 out and about

jarod81

Well it’s been ages since my first outing and my post about it which was nearly a year ago. Since then my confidence has gone through the roof, which is good. Since my first outing I have been out several times by myself and lately, as of the few months ago, have been going out for coffee with friends that don’t mind what I wear. A few months ago went out and brought a couple of new outfits to go with my boots (high heel of course) and other heels but do find myself needing a new pair of heels to go with a new out fit. Anyway since I have been out a few time I will recall my last time which was last week when AI went out to a shopping centre for coffee with a friend that I haven’t seen in ages. As a whole it went rather well however I got figured out by a four year old boy. On this day I was wearing my skinny jeans, ¾ top with frills on the front, with a black jacket over the top, a black and white scarf and black knee high boots over my jeans. As I was entering the shopping centre and about to go down the escalator , this little boy was coming up with his dad. Now dad and I were too busy having a staring contest, the little boy has turned around and said “ that’s a boy dad, that’s a boy” to which dad said “ no it’s not boy don’t be stupid.” Clever boy I say. Any who, walked to the coffee shop with no drama and meet my friend where we had a lovely time then went out for a bit of window shopping. I wanted to get a pair of flat boots, but unfortunately after trying on several pairs I discovered that they a) don’t look good on me and :) I have skinny calves which sucks. However that ‘s ok with me cause I guess It’s heel for me. We continued to look around and went to several other various stores and ended up at a candle store where I brought my fiancée a lovely new candle set. After that we said good bye and went home. That had been the longest time out in public with heels and it felt really good and didn’t feel uncomfortable. So that has been my latest outing and have just started 4 week holiday so I am aiming for a lot more outing over the next few weeks and will do my best to keep you all updated .

Any chance of a photo of what you wore. I'm just trying to figure out what the dad thought the big deal was. It sounds like you were very stylishly dressed.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Wow, and I thought waiting 2 months after posting my first outing was a long time. Great to hear of your continuing adventures, that sounded like a really good day out (that's a lovely gift for your fiancée), despite the bad luck with the flat boots. Do keep sharing your adventures with us.

If you like it, wear it.

Any chance of a photo of what you wore. I'm just trying to figure out what the dad thought the big deal was. It sounds like you were very stylishly dressed.

Here is a couple of photos of what I was wearing. Sorry if they're not that good.

post-25121-133522943467_thumb.jpg

post-25121-133522943492_thumb.jpg

Here is a couple of photos of what I was wearing. Sorry if they're not that good.

Bravo, my friend! BRAVO! Your pics look good to me! And the outfit was terrific!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nothin' wrong with your look jarod81. You definitely are stylish. Some people just don't get it. I personally like your mildly androgenous look. Killer boots btw.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Well it’s been ages since my first outing and my post about it which was nearly a year ago. Since then my confidence has gone through the roof, which is good. Since my first outing I have been out several times by myself and lately, as of the few months ago, have been going out for coffee with friends that don’t mind what I wear. A few months ago went out and brought a couple of new outfits to go with my boots (high heel of course) and other heels but do find myself needing a new pair of heels to go with a new out fit. Anyway since I have been out a few time I will recall my last time which was last week when AI went out to a shopping centre for coffee with a friend that I haven’t seen in ages.

As a whole it went rather well however I got figured out by a four year old boy. On this day I was wearing my skinny jeans, ¾ top with frills on the front, with a black jacket over the top, a black and white scarf and black knee high boots over my jeans. As I was entering the shopping centre and about to go down the escalator , this little boy was coming up with his dad. Now dad and I were too busy having a staring contest, the little boy has turned around and said “ that’s a boy dad, that’s a boy” to which dad said “ no it’s not boy don’t be stupid.” Clever boy I say. Any who, walked to the coffee shop with no drama and meet my friend where we had a lovely time then went out for a bit of window shopping. I wanted to get a pair of flat boots, but unfortunately after trying on several pairs I discovered that they a) don’t look good on me and :) I have skinny calves which sucks. However that ‘s ok with me cause I guess It’s heel for me. We continued to look around and went to several other various stores and ended up at a candle store where I brought my fiancée a lovely new candle set. After that we said good bye and went home. That had been the longest time out in public with heels and it felt really good and didn’t feel uncomfortable.

So that has been my latest outing and have just started 4 week holiday so I am aiming for a lot more outing over the next few weeks and will do my best to keep you all updated .

It sounds like dad's remark did not phase you and that is very good. You were on the receiving end of just one negative remark among the many people that I am sure noticed you and what you were wearing.

I hope that you enjoy your future outings and that they are frequent and very enjoyable. If I were to encounter you, I would definitely stop and promote some conversation.

Good luck.

E

Oh My....you are VERY cute aren't you..?!!:):winkiss:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Thanks to everyone for your comments. It has taken a while to get the style right and I can say there have been many fails at it.

Well, that's what practice is all about. You work at your look until you get it just right, and, judging from your pics, I'd say you succeeded. Once again, bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

jarod81 - Echoing what others have alredy said... I think it's a great look. (Would look even better with thigh boots. :))

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Not a bad look, I must say. Can't say I saw a problem with it, either. Kudos to the little boy, though. Hopefully that dad opens his eyes just a little bit each day, cause his son's gonna be an open-mind of Greatness :)

Formally "HHDude"

Well I've been out and about again. I wore what I wore last time with my knee high boots. Went out to catch up with a friend and had some coffee. Once done there did a bit of walking around and shopping. First on the agenda I needed to by my fiancee a new set of Ipod earphones as our lovely puppies thought the ones she had tasted good. Next was a new game (yes I am a gamer as well) for my xbox. And finally brought a new top which is a nice grey colour 3/4 sleeve top with some ruffles/frills down the front. Also while walking around with my friend I couldn't help myself but check out some shoe shops but really didn't anything that I could buy that I liked. I am noticing the more I go out in heels the more my confidence grows and less i care about what other people think. My friend loved seeing some peoples faces adn there reaction to me. she asked how I deal with it and asked her who do you think is happier me or them? My friend I should point out I have only know for 2 months. She is 20 years old and is a university student doinga paramedic degree and got placed with me 2 months ago for six weeks. For some strange reason after knowing her for a few days told her about what I wear jokingly adn she thought that it was in her words "awesome." In short it is good to see that there are people who are so open minded and being so young as well. Well hope you enjoyed the breif read and will continue to keep posting.

Your reason for telling her up front is not strange at all. If you respect this person you'll tell them so they won't be blind sided later, which might not be a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All, Well I have been out and about again this week, well mainly yesterday . Went out for coffee and some hunting for a pair of heels to go with my skinny cargo pants that I had brought a few months ago. Because of where I go for shopping and the fact I don’t go there very often I ended up wear what I have wore the past few times which are my black stiletto knee high boots, skinny jeans, cream top and black jacket with a scarf. Boring I know but .. Well can’t be help as I have lost a bit of weight of a lot of the stuff I had doesn’t me that well anymore, but anyway. First up was meeting a friend whom I had a coffee with wear we sat down and talked about work ( both of us are paramedics and can’t help but see who has done the best jobs). After coffee is was time to find some heels. I had been doing a bit of research on the net and had found a pair of ankle boots that I like which were on sale so we went straight for that store. Once there I managed to find my boots which were black ankle boots with a stiletto heel, laced up the front but with a side zip to get in and out of with 2 other zips on the other side for show. I asked that sales assistant for my size and was able to help and got me a pair that I could try on. I proceeded to try them on and fell in love with them. While I had them on a lady that was in the store looking at shoes saw me in them and made the comment at how good they look on me. I smiled and said thank you with my friend I was with also stating that she loved them and wanted them. With that I purchased the boots and continued looking/ walking around the shopping centre. After a while I went to a women’s clothing store called portmans which I have been to several times to say hello to a staff member who has been so helpful and so positive towards me with what I wear. She has practically dressed me so I try to say hello when I’m there. While there we had a quick chat, she loved what I was wearing and my new purchase. Afterwards it was time to head back home, so said goodbye to my friend and went home. This is always the part of my day I dislike and that is 20mins prior to my fiancée coming home from work it time to get out of everything as she is not so approving. Anyway a few hour later I decide to go see my parents so I was able to get back in to my favorite clothes and went and saw them . All of my family are aware of what I wear and have no problem which is nice. After 2 hours there It was getting late and need to get home. All in all it was a pretty good day and look forward to my next outing.

Sounds like another great outing, jarod81. The level of confidence you get from going out in heels is remarkable. Love the ankle boots btw.

Jarod, I love the tales and you look good. One thing I have to ask is why are you going to marry someone who doesn't approve of something that brings you enjoyment and is relatively harmless? Have you spoken to her about why she has a problem? And yes, it's her problem and not your problem. Your family approve, which is one of the best things you can be blessed with. Think how life could be with a lover and sparring partner who pushes you further and eggs you on! There are other fish in the sea my friend. Thanks, Ben

Jarod81, I caught that comment, too. Please enlighten us, Jarod. We're your friends here. If you're planning to marry a woman who doesn't approve of your choices in clothing and shoes, this relationship may be headed for disaster. What's going on? Steve

Jarod81,

I caught that comment, too. Please enlighten us, Jarod. We're your friends here.

Steve

This subject has already been discussed at great length here:

http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/19664-would_like_some_general_advice.html

Rather than deviate this Thread - why not contribute to the existing debate...?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"