Androgynous fashion trend and heels?

SleekHeels

Does the women's androgynous fashion trend help the acceptance of heeling?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does the women's androgynous fashion trend help the acceptance of heeling?

• Yes, it's positive and helpful.
    • No, it's negative and unhelpful.
    • Both, it's positive and negative.
    • Neither, it makes no difference

A big feature of the recent Paris fashion week has been the androgynous look for women. On the one hand it seems helpful in opening up freestyling fashion and the androgynous look for men too, but on the other hand where are the heels? Is this trend positive or negative for fashion freestyle heeling? What do you think?

If you like it, wear it.

Had to google it, I don't seem to keep up with the latest "it" trends apparently. :silly: I don't think it will do much for men's heeling cause, probably won't even affect it at all. Several of the photo's I saw looked like a bunch of ultra skinny women dressed as men, so yeah, don't see how that will matter to anyone, man or woman.

If anything it could have a negative impact for men wearing heels because men tend to shy away from women's trends so as not to even suggest a hint of not being masculine. Of course the guys I'm refering to here are the insecure type who wouldn't deviate from the normal drab male wardrobe so who knows for sure? Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I voted that it doesn't make any difference. I believe that because the world is learning to accept different people and lifestyles irrespective of any one trend in fashion. At its core is the basic human desire to live life without too much interference and interact with others naturally. HappyinHeels:wavey:

I agree with HappyinHeels. It makes no difference or influence to me. I'm going to wear what I want to wear, be comfortable, and be happy. Live and let live.

Oh me too roniheels. To be more clear, I was speaking to the influence on the general public only.

Charlie

I doubt very much if the androgynous look will appeal to the masses who buy their clothing on the High Street.

Unfortunately, society seems to be hell-bent on imposing on very well defined gender stereotypes in areas such as clothing at present, and I don't see this changing much.

Whilst we still have the poisonous 'Lad/Ladette/Gangsta' culture rammed down our throats, then any sense of individuality will be confined to the backs of people's minds.This odious trend is obviously aimed at the younger generations, who can be easily impressed by appearance - and have money to spend.

As long as youngsters continue to be more interested in their looks rather than what they DO as human beings, then a fashion, that by its very nature, denies them a well defined gender identity - is unlikely to appeal.

As far as the ordinary man and woman on the street is concerned, androgyny will continue to be the domain of rock stars, artists and fetish freaks.

Sad....but true.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I agree with HappyinHeels. It makes no difference or influence to me. I'm going to wear what I want to wear, be comfortable, and be happy. Live and let live.

I would agree. The ONLY fashion trend you should follow is your own.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

pussyinboots,

Your comments and views are right on the mark. And what really gets to me is when I see a "youngster" dressed what some might deem "outrageous," and they look down their nose or snicker at me when I'm wearing high-heeled footwear, and I'm even talking higher-heeled cowboy boots or men's boots with a higher block heel, I can see where peer pressure and contradiction come into play with this group. As you say, sad, but true.

I would add that no one want to change how people dress. I am not sad at all. I just want people to accept diversity and not feel offended by it. This trend add to the diversity of clothing, yet it is only intended for women. Men will wait for the next one. But yes, if women wear men clothes, what will men wear to be more manly ??? Have to retrieve the old bearskin from neanderthal ?

pussyinboots,

Your comments and views are right on the mark. And what really gets to me is when I see a "youngster" dressed what some might deem "outrageous," and they look down their nose or snicker at me when I'm wearing high-heeled footwear, and I'm even talking higher-heeled cowboy boots or men's boots with a higher block heel, I can see where peer pressure and contradiction come into play with this group. As you say, sad, but true.

You haven't lived until you've received fashion critique from a jackass with his pants hanging below his a$$. LOL

That happened to me once and I threatened to pull his pants the rest of the way down and hang him from a tree branch with them. LOL

Charlie

Charlie: You said a mouth full. I'm so tired seeing the's kid walking around with there A-- Hanging out and talking smack. I wash that all States would pass a law on them showing there Be-hines. I'm sick of it. I don't care how they dress but I don't need to see the crack in there A--. Any way thats how I feel. And if I'm wrong some one say SO.

for the average person in the street? no difference...with them and their small minds it all "fook them faggots".

He was actually commenting on my Bruins jacket.

Charlie