Lovely chat in a shoe shop!

JohnW

Hi I went to Bristol yesterday, and ended up in my favourite shoe shop, Kurt Geiger, when I bought a fabulous pair of 6" heels. The girl where was so incredibly helpful and sweet and understanding and chatty. She said that she had a pair of the same shoes, which she went clubbing in. She said that she loved wearing heels, and that she got used to a pair by doing the hoovering in them! I tried them on, and walked around in the shop, getting a few odd looks from the couple of female customers there. The girl said that the best way to get around in them was to get a taxi! We had such a lovely chat, and of course I will be going back there again to get some more heels and to have another, er, stimulating chat! Has anyone else had a similar experience when buying heels?

Hi

I went to Bristol yesterday, and ended up in my favourite shoe shop, Kurt Geiger, when I bought a fabulous pair of 6" heels.

The girl where was so incredibly helpful and sweet and understanding and chatty. She said that she had a pair of the same shoes, which she went clubbing in. She said that she loved wearing heels, and that she got used to a pair by doing the hoovering in them! I tried them on, and walked around in the shop, getting a few odd looks from the couple of female customers there. The girl said that the best way to get around in them was to get a taxi! We had such a lovely chat, and of course I will be going back there again to get some more heels and to have another, er, stimulating chat!

Has anyone else had a similar experience when buying heels?

As it happens had a similar experience in Kurt Geiger in Manchester; picked up a shoe off the shelf turned to a sales assistant, asked to try the other on; she didn't bat an eyelid.

As it turns out they have a couple of guys that try and buy in the shop - so where I was hoping to be unusual, i felt like the wind had been taken out of my sails. Anyway, had a pleasant chat none the less.

Shame i have nowhere near the confidence to try it in my own city!:silly:

R

does kurt geiger carry large sizes?

In the UK they claim up to UK9 which they equate to EU42. I rather fancy a pair of these but knowing my luck they'll run small, just like so many so-called UK9 shoes.

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/180226-nine-west-korvino

Tracking these down at a store would likely be a problem so it would have to be mail order and risking the delivery charge if they don't fit.

Hi

Has anyone else had a similar experience when buying heels?

To answer this question, yes, I have had similar experiences buying high heels. It is so refreshing when you do have a salesperson who is friendly, helpful, and open minded to make you feel comfortable when trying on and purchasing high heels. I am now seeing, on a regular basis, one of the women who sold me several pairs of my high heels and boots.

To answer this question, yes, I have had similar experiences buying high heels. It is so refreshing when you do have a salesperson who is friendly, helpful, and open minded to make you feel comfortable when trying on and purchasing high heels. I am now seeing, on a regular basis, one of the women who sold me several pairs of my high heels and boots.

Glad to hear it! Are you seeing her in the shop only or 'socially'? I've seen a couple of sales girls from shoes shops 'socially' as well - great fun!

hi guys i went to a shoe shop in a mall about 30 mins from my home iwas wearing skirt & heels i walked past and the lady poked her head out the front door after i passed, on my return i walked into the shop and broused she complimented me on my heels saying that she thought they were quite high, didn't mention my skirt though i want to go back there as she was quite attractive cheers malinheels :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

Love to hear stories like this, ive had one like this too in the Schuh shop in Oxford street, the assistant had me in these in front of the mirror complimenting me which i sucked up like a sponge ^^

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-red-schuh-tauro-collar-court/1106433040

i wanted them in black and didnt end up buying them but you may recognise them from the

Im jealous you managed to find KG's in uk9's i have been hunting around london for their Auroras in 9 and never found them since it seems they sold out fast, they have an Aurora 2 but i despise the pointed toe!

Carvela, Dune, Kurt Geiger size 8's are available but are a size too tight on me and the 9's seem rare, especially since im drooling for these Carvelas right now that ive seen around london city.

I love the buzz you get afterwards with a huge smile coming from your face after having a chat like that in a shop, even though its only happened to me once or twice now i always look forward to it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I visted a Dorothy Perkins concession today and the older lady who served was SO kind and polite. I was wearing my 4" black courts with slim jeans and once she'd decided I was 'serious' then she couldn't have been more helpful. She helped me try various heels (such as http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2235971&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208738&parent_categoryId=208609&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=200&refinements=Shoe%20Size{1}~[8]^category~[208948|208738]&noOfRefinements=2) and gave honest advice on sizing etc. She related that occasionally other guys have come in and bought heels, including recently some very flashy sliver platform sandals. The younger shop girls looked slightly surprised but made no comment, so hopefully their collegue's great attitude will rub off on them. It still takes courage to try in a shop but experiences like this definitely make it easier!!!

ALL, Most of the reason I buy heels in-person now over two years ago is exactly this kind of personal interaction. I find you get to personally experience new people and ensure the best fit by trying the shoes on the spot. One can go wearing all guy's clothes or you could even put on your favorite boots or other such heels and go shop where you like. Going to a store like Bakers and having the salesgirls look at my feet and ask what I am wearing is very nice indeed. If I'm not wearing heels then they are just glad to see me as I am a regular, and informed customer, who happens to be male. We need as many people here as possible to be as confident as possible when out there shopping. Monday is a holiday here and I will be shopping at my nearest Bakers and looking at the latest spring lineup. I highly recommend this to others. You can wear the heels or not to the store or wear other feminine clothing or not but the ONE requirement of all is confidence to assert yourself in the retail environment. Once salespeople in any retail establishment know you are confident they will believe you to be sincere. They will enjoy selling to you and you will enjoy buying from them. It's just that simple.In this type of economy any customer traffic is good but confident and sincere customers are a retailer's dream. Roniheels has lots of experience wearing and buying heels and can be considered good source material for this topic. I have learned much the last two years buying in person at places like Bakers,DSW, Macy's, Charlotte Russe, and just two weeks ago at Forever21 (as I was turning 51!). I bought some tan wedge sandals with 5.7" heels and a nice long sweater. No comments and no problems. The point is to present yourself confidently and engage people earnestly and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. No BS!! HappynHeels:wavey::silly:

I totally agree with you! As well as confidence, I would add politeness as well. I learnt fairly early on when buying high heels that not all sales assistants are keen for men to be buying them for themselves (though things have changed a lot!), and that they have to be aware of the feelings of their female customers. So if I'm going to a new shop I always ask if it's convenient to buy, or if they want me to come back at a different time. Several times they've suggested I use the stockroom to try on heels, which is fine, though in my favourite shop, Kurt Geiger, the girls are very happy for me to walk around the store in heels. The best time was when I went into one of my regular shops, and one of the girls who knows me produced a fabulous pair of black high heeled boots. She told me that they jad just come in and she had put them to one side because she knew I would like them! You can't ask for more than that!

Happyin Heels 'splained it all... Just go and do it. I have never had any problems buying (trying on) womens shoes in stores either!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I visted a Dorothy Perkins concession today and the older lady who served was SO kind and polite. I was wearing my 4" black courts with slim jeans and once she'd decided I was 'serious' then she couldn't have been more helpful. She helped me try various heels (such as http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33053&storeId=12552&productId=2235971&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208738&parent_categoryId=208609&sort_field=Relevance&pageSize=200&refinements=Shoe%20Size{1}~[8]^category~[208948|208738]&noOfRefinements=2) and gave honest advice on sizing etc. She related that occasionally other guys have come in and bought heels, including recently some very flashy sliver platform sandals. The younger shop girls looked slightly surprised but made no comment, so hopefully their collegue's great attitude will rub off on them. It still takes courage to try in a shop but experiences like this definitely make it easier!!!

Wobblyheight, I love the shoes in your avatar. Could you give us a larger view? Are they still available anywhere?

• 1 month later...

Hi RonC, Sorry for the slow reply and sorry to say no to both your questions :-(

Cheers, Wobblyheight.

Well, I just have to get closer to the screen to drool at them then....lol

I had a nice experience in a Steve Madden store near where I live. I did not try on the shoes in the shop but after telling the girls that I CD and showing them some pictures, they were more than happy to assist me. Even asked if wanted to try them on. I did not to0 many shoppers around. When paying for them I asked if I get the crossdressers discount. The manager said sure why not and took 10% off the price.