Akron-Canton area

johnieheel

To Everyone:

Just a last-minute reminder of this event. Come and join us! Wear your heels in public with the rest of us - dine in heels and afterward shop for heels while wearing heels. We'll have a great time. This is for both gals and guys. Everyone is welcome. Just show up and ask for the high heel table. You can miss us!

Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011

Time: 11 am.

Place: Ruby Tuesday's Restaurant

5449 DRESSLER ROAD NW

NORTH CANTON OH 44720

330-494-0232

For a map, go to http://www.rubytuesday.com/locations and enter the zip code.

Thanks to Johnieheel for organizing the event! See you there!

Steve

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all, I am in Cleveland now for business and will be in Canton Friday night before the heel meet. I just had a pedicure done on Weds afternoon in Mansfield Ohio. It was great and a very relaxing experience. I will have my peep toe boots on and ready to walk the streets of Canton. Thanks Steve for the update and hope we have a great turnout. Walk Tall, Bernheels

To all,

I am in Cleveland now for business and will be in Canton Friday night before the heel meet. I just had a pedicure done on Weds afternoon in Mansfield Ohio. It was great and a very relaxing experience. I will have my peep toe boots on and ready to walk the streets of Canton.

Thanks Steve for the update and hope we have a great turnout.

Walk Tall,

Bernheels

Hey - you went right by me - OK figuratively. You probably drove down SR250and SR13 to get to Mansfield. I was at the other end of I71 anyways.

So where in the hec do you get a pedicure in Mansfield.

I have bad news. :) I have been called to work. I am soooooo sorry to inform you all that I will not be there. If anything changes and I can swing even a brief visit, I will. I hope everybody has a great time as I am sure you will. Johnieheel :):(:wave:

real men wear heels

Hey Heelster; I went to Micheles in Mansfield - google them and you can find them. Carrie was the gal that did mine and she was a great person. Easy to look at with a personality. Made me feel very comfortable. i was there about 1 1/2 hrs - no one pushed to get you out the door. very relaxing. I would definately go back. Phone = 419-529-4338 1621 West 4th Street Mansfield, Ohio 44906 Have fun and tell Carrie that Bernie said hi! Bernheels

Meet Message and up date Went to the Akron-Canton meet. Sat. 6-25-2011. I arrived in plenty of time. Those in attendence were Spikesmike-iloveboots-Steve63130-Bernheels-Victor & Marie. Steve and spikesmike are from Ohio. iloveboots from Canada. Bernheels from Michagen. Victor and Marie came from the state of New York. You will notice there was no one there from Canton or Akron. We met at Ruby Tuesdays Restaurant and had a great time getting to know each other. The lunch was good-the servers were great. The restaurant opened at 1100 hrs. The meeting ended at 1400 hrs. So three hours of great conversation, and pictures at the end. Perhaps iloveboots-Steve-Bernheels or Victor will Post the pictures. Hope So. NOTE: As good as this meeting was I will NEVER go back to Canton for another meeting. Everyone in attendance traveled (drove) hundreds of miles to the meeting and not one (1) local person showed up. In the future, If I am going to a meeting in Ohio I will advocate having it in Columbus where it is more centrarly located. Excuses are unexceptable. <---- Hard line I guess. Mike

Meet Message and up date

Went to the Akron-Canton meet. Sat. 6-25-2011. I arrived in plenty of time. Those in attendence were Spikesmike-iloveboots-Steve63130-Bernheels-Victor & Marie. Steve and spikesmike are from Ohio. iloveboots from Canada. Bernheels from Michagen. Victor and Marie came from the state of New York. You will notice there was no one there from Canton or Akron. We met at Ruby Tuesdays Restaurant and had a great time getting to know each other. The lunch was good-the servers were great. The restaurant opened at 1100 hrs. The meeting ended at 1400 hrs. So three hours of great conversation, and pictures at the end. Perhaps iloveboots-Steve-Bernheels or Victor will Post the pictures. Hope So.

NOTE: As good as this meeting was I will NEVER go back to Canton for another meeting. Everyone in attendance traveled (drove) hundreds of miles to the meeting and not one (1) local person showed up. In the future, If I am going to a meeting in Ohio I will advocate having it in Columbus where it is more centrarly located.

Excuses are unexceptable. <---- Hard line I guess.

Mike

I deeply regreat not being able to show after all the time I personaly put into this meet. Unfortunalty ther are some things I have no control over, like what my boss tells me to do. Sory I disapointed you Mike but I got a mortgage to pay. 1st things 1st. Have a nice day.:)

real men wear heels

Spikes Mike:

I need to transfer my pictures to photobucket so that I can post here. Victor took pictures with my camera but not low enough to show our great heels:( Hopefully he will have some others that he took that show our heels.

I agree with all that you said about the meet in Canton. Would have been more fun if some of the locals would have shown to share with places to have fun after the meet.

We need to plan future ones where there is more to do after people drive so far to participate.

It was great meeting all of you and we all had fun.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Canton%20Heel%20Meet/SAM_1384.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Canton%20Heel%20Meet/SAM_1385.jpg

Thanks to all,

bernheels

We had a fabulous time, good food, good service, great conversation - we all really enjoyed the event and the 3 hours passed quickly. Mike, it was great seeing you again. Your outfit was fearless! I dunno how you do it. Mike, I'm sorry you feel so strongly about never returning to Canton. To me it was no big deal. Johnie has hosted the previous two heel meets and it was unfortunate that he couldn't make this one, but he does have a job responsibility. You are retired and have more control over your life than he does. I don't think your words above were very understanding of his situation. After all, he apologized in advance for not being able to make it. I'm sure he felt badly about it, and he did miss a great time. So no need to pour salt on his wound, as it were. Vector, I certainly enjoyed meeting you and your bubbly and charming companion, Marie. You are a delightful couple to be with and great conversationalists. I look forward to seeing you again soon, too. Thanks for coming all the way from NY. Hope you enjoyed the Football Hall of Fame. Bernie and David, I really enjoyed meeting you; the conversation was great and I loved your boots. I think we all hit it off very well and I look forward to another encounter with you both in the near future. I'm glad you two travel a lot in your jobs. It makes the chances of a future meeting that much better. Thanks for coming! RadioDave: Where were you? I was hoping you'd be there, after you indicated you would be. Hope you didn't get sick. It would be good to see you again soon, also! Johnie, thanks for setting up the event. We appreciate your effort to plan it, and I'm sorry you could be there. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Please don't be bitter at Mike's comments. Let's celebrate what unites us (our common interest in high heels) and not dwell on what divides us. Thanks again. To everyone who was thinking of coming but didn't, you missed an absolutely delightful time. Please do yourself a favor and attend the next Ohio heel meet, whenever it is! Steve

Nice 2 pics..hopefully there will be more. Hard to believe a heel meet and nobody took pics of the heels...although David had nice thbs reflected in the store window. Love to see Mike's 6" boots if that's what he wore. But I'm sure the bottom line is the camaraderie with those who love heels and not the pics. Looks like another heel meet success...albeit with a few bumps...congrats!

Mike, it was great seeing you again. Your outfit was fearless! I dunno how you do it. Mike, I'm sorry you feel so strongly about never returning to Canton. To me it was no big deal. Johnie has hosted the previous two heel meets and it was unfortunate that he couldn't make this one, but he does have a job responsibility. You are retired and have more control over your life than he does. I don't think your words above were very understanding of his situation. After all, he apologized in advance for not being able to make it. I'm sure he felt badly about it, and he did miss a great time. So no need to pour salt on his wound, as it were....

I agree fully. The lack of empathy for johnieheel is disappointing. Maybe johnieheel is on the radar for a raise, for a promotion, for new responsibilities that will enable him to live a better life with more freedom and less financial pressure. Maybe johnieheel needed to go into work to improve his job security, to insure his basic job survival in an economy rampant with joblessness.

He's still spent two years organizing meets, following through on something that requires steadfastness of purpose that only 3-4 people on hhplace have ever possessed.

I experienced a similar situation for the 2009 World Heel Meet. It was the 4th consecutive annual world heel meet that I had poured my heart into organizing. I couldn't make the meet at the last minute due to a last minute career opportunity, but now I've escaped the corporate rat race as a result and work when I want (unless it's a corporate gig), where in the world I want, pretty much with whoever I want and own property in NYC. It's the ultimate lifestyle of freedom few people achieve during their working years.

Like Steve63130 said, "Let's celebrate what unites us (our common interest in high heels) and not dwell on what divides us."

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

hihls567 The pictures on my SD chip show the heels and all. As I have said befor, I am computer stupid. However, If someone who knows how, could send me step by step instructions on the process, I will post them forthwith. If anyone can do this, please do not leave out any steps. I can screw it up anyway. Mike

hihls567

The pictures on my SD chip show the heels and all. As I have said befor, I am computer stupid. However, If someone who knows how, could send me step by step instructions on the process, I will post them forthwith. If anyone can do this, please do not leave out any steps. I can screw it up anyway.

Mike

You will no doubt have used a digital camera to put the pictures onto your memory card right? Did you read the manual for that digital camera on how to transfer the pictures to your computer?

Instructions for posting pictures are already here on the website in the tech section, so, that should pretty much cover everything you need to know.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

hihls567

The pictures on my SD chip show the heels and all. As I have said befor, I am computer stupid. However, If someone who knows how, could send me step by step instructions on the process, I will post them forthwith. If anyone can do this, please do not leave out any steps. I can screw it up anyway.

Mike

spikesmike;

Can you send pic's by email?

If you can do that, I'll get them up on either a posting, or a gallery page.

Hi Steve,

Great comments, thank you. Just arrived back home after 10 days on the road (in the air). Had a great time, was awesome meeting you, Vector and his GF for the first time and getting together with SpikesMike and BernHeels again. The time flew by, could not believe that when I got into the car it was 2:30pm after we began our meet at 11am!

Lots of Fun! And let's keep the fun going....meets are a fantastic place to share, meet new friends and be yourself!! Have enjoyed help to organize many meets over the past 5 years, everyone has been rewarding whether its 2 of us showing up or 35 to 40 members showing up as we experienced at the World Heel Meets in London & Bristol, UK and the First North America Meet in Feb 2009 in Chicago.

Cheers, David

We had a fabulous time, good food, good service, great conversation - we all really enjoyed the event and the 3 hours passed quickly.

Mike, it was great seeing you again. Your outfit was fearless! I dunno how you do it. Mike, I'm sorry you feel so strongly about never returning to Canton. To me it was no big deal. Johnie has hosted the previous two heel meets and it was unfortunate that he couldn't make this one, but he does have a job responsibility. You are retired and have more control over your life than he does. I don't think your words above were very understanding of his situation. After all, he apologized in advance for not being able to make it. I'm sure he felt badly about it, and he did miss a great time. So no need to pour salt on his wound, as it were.

Vector, I certainly enjoyed meeting you and your bubbly and charming companion, Marie. You are a delightful couple to be with and great conversationalists. I look forward to seeing you again soon, too. Thanks for coming all the way from NY. Hope you enjoyed the Football Hall of Fame.

Bernie and David, I really enjoyed meeting you; the conversation was great and I loved your boots. I think we all hit it off very well and I look forward to another encounter with you both in the near future. I'm glad you two travel a lot in your jobs. It makes the chances of a future meeting that much better. Thanks for coming!

RadioDave: Where were you? I was hoping you'd be there, after you indicated you would be. Hope you didn't get sick. It would be good to see you again soon, also!

Johnie, thanks for setting up the event. We appreciate your effort to plan it, and I'm sorry you could be there. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Please don't be bitter at Mike's comments. Let's celebrate what unites us (our common interest in high heels) and not dwell on what divides us. Thanks again.

To everyone who was thinking of coming but didn't, you missed an absolutely delightful time. Please do yourself a favor and attend the next Ohio heel meet, whenever it is!

Steve

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Well said and I second that in motion!

David

I agree fully. The lack of empathy for johnieheel is disappointing. Maybe johnieheel is on the radar for a raise, for a promotion, for new responsibilities that will enable him to live a better life with more freedom and less financial pressure. Maybe johnieheel needed to go into work to improve his job security, to insure his basic job survival in an economy rampant with joblessness.

He's still spent two years organizing meets, following through on something that requires steadfastness of purpose that only 3-4 people on hhplace have ever possessed.

I experienced a similar situation for the 2009 World Heel Meet. It was the 4th consecutive annual world heel meet that I had poured my heart into organizing. I couldn't make the meet at the last minute due to a last minute career opportunity, but now I've escaped the corporate rat race as a result and work when I want (unless it's a corporate gig), where in the world I want, pretty much with whoever I want and own property in NYC. It's the ultimate lifestyle of freedom few people achieve during their working years.

Like Steve63130 said, "Let's celebrate what unites us (our common interest in high heels) and not dwell on what divides us."

Hi Johnie,

Thank you for organizing and sorry we did not get a chance to meet. Look forward to finding another opportunity in the future. It was great having the staff all ready for us at Ruby Tuesday's; table set up; reservation showing; and a great location.

Cheers,

David

I deeply regreat not being able to show after all the time I personaly put into this meet. Unfortunalty ther are some things I have no control over, like what my boss tells me to do. Sory I disapointed you Mike but I got a mortgage to pay. 1st things 1st. Have a nice day.:)

Gentlemen, We had a great time meeting and chatting with you all at our first heel meet. My GF and I did have a little trepidation, but that was done with once we sat down amongst the company of wonderful people. It felt kinda like catching up with old friends. I look forward to doing another meet again! BTW, sorry for the delay, here's a pic- with shoes to boot!! (Pun intended) vector

post-2025-133522946654_thumb.jpg

Thanks Vector for the post!

David

Thanks to Vector for posting the pic he took. The characters from L to R are Bernheels, Spikesmike, Iloveboots, Vector's lovely princess, and Steve63130.

Nice shoes and boots!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Really glad you all had a great time and sorry I missed it. Don't know if I will be putting together another one in the near future but if I do I would appreciate it if spikes mike stayed home. He also got an attitude with my date I brought to the last one. Don't intend to be rude but thats just the way it is. End of story. :irked:

real men wear heels

Really glad you all had a great time and sorry I missed it. Don't know if I will be putting together another one in the near future but if I do I would appreciate it if spikes mike stayed home. He also got an attitude with my date I brought to the last one. Don't intend to be rude but thats just the way it is. End of story. :smile:

I have re thought all this and contacted Spikesmike and hope we can let all this crap go and move on to what brings us together.

I am thinking of planning another meet that I promise to attend only it will be in Massillon Ohio at Falcones tavern. Will speak to them this week about it. O and would be honored to have Spikesmike as our star guest with his flamboyant style.:irked:

real men wear heels

Johnie and Spikesmike, I am really glad to hear that you two have behaved as honorable gentlemen and patched up your differences in a dignified way. You're both good guys and it tore me up to see you not getting along. So let the bygones be bygone and let's move forward, together! I look forward to seeing you both again soon! Let us know the date! Steve