The "I hate sunday night" feeling

How many of you get that I hate Sunday night feeling? Its Sunday, it's 7pm and you realize in a few short hours you will have to go to bed and be up for another week of work! You free time is coming to an end, and you will soon be back in the chains of work. or more recently for myself, its Saturday night, and I know my weekend if 1/2 over! I'm in a good job, many people could only dream of being where I am at the moment but I always get that feeling, sometimes even on a Sunday morning, that the following day I'll be back at work, sitting at the desk at 9am watching the clock, every second waiting for my lunch break, then the end of the day! Counting down to the weekend, again! It's not as if I'm in some low paying dead end job, but I think its time to move on and start searching for a new job, in a slightly different direction. Sorry rant over, just needed to release a little bit.

Wow, if you have a great job I don't know what you're so worried about. As for me, I'm not in my dream job, but I don't hate it either. It's something I have to do to pay the bills. but I never get that Sunday blues feeling that you have. Once at work, I'm all about the focus and that's it. Next thing you know, the work week flies. It goes by very fast for me. Quite a few times, I confuse Thursdays and Fridays for Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

ImInHeels, you are far from alone. I have my dream job, love the people I work with and have a huge amount of time off (including the next 10 weeks or so) but I still get the Sunday evening blues. I think it goes back to when I was a kid, having all of the school work put off until Sunday and knowing I could never get it done. Since I still work in education, my Sunday nights are often my catch up time and I always feel swamped. Who know... The singer/songwriter John Prine wrote a song called "The Late John Garfield Blues" about not being able to sleep on a Sunday night and watching old movies on TV (WAY before cable) and to him it seemed that the actor John Garfield was always in those movies. So, as I said you are not alone in this...

Style is built from the ground up!

I do much of my work from home, but have to travel to one company's office every week for a meeting. Still, weekends are quieter because almost everyone else is off, and I know it will pick up on Mondays with more work demands, etc.

that is the 'litmus test' for me, when I feel like that, its time for a change. There is another thread here, live to work or work to live, what did you answer there? Keep your chin up, keep smiling and buy yourself some more heels on a Monday lunchtime or evening to cheer yourself up.

The angels have the phonebox.

Perhaps once you've been unemployed for 18 months you might start to see things a little differently.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Unfortunately it doesn't go away when you're retired.

There's a question in life that no man or woman should ask themselves. There is a facile self-delusion which most people accept as an answer and bury the fact that they're just kidding themselves. Prompted by my making an arse of myself with a woman I've known for a while now on Saturday night, I watched FAR too much TV on Sunday.

I would have gone for a road trip on the motorbike, but the weather was rubbish, so now I'm faced with all the jobs I had planned to do on Sunday !

Here's where I was planning to go.

http://www.picturesofengland.com/England/Essex/Dedham/pictures/thumbnails

Xa

I eagerly look forward to spending Sunday with friends and family. Church, a good Sunday dinner either at home or at one of the many 5 star class restaurants that abound in this area, playing with at least two of my six grandchildren and sometimes even some time alone on the water fishing or catching shrimp and crabs in the tidal estuary behind our house. Life is good!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

happy feat - yea, its less so when I'm busy and having a good time, however there is always some point when i get home, realize the weekend is over and am a short stop away from work. heelguy - Your right I am lucky that i'm not working weekends (yet). Money is tight. sendra45- I've had a meeting with a recruitment consultant, While I feel my stills are not as good as they think, however they believe i could get an extra £10,000 - £15,000. I work to live, would so be doing something else if i could! On the plus side I did order some shoes on Thursday which arrived today. Dr. Shoe - I spent close to a year on medical leave, after that I couldn't want to get back into work and out of the house, I started full time which was a mistake, but worked out in the end. Bladerunner - that's an option for the future

All, I used to feel that way, but now, after a weekend of two kids keeping me busy (one is two years, other two months), sometimes I don't mind Monday rolling in and I can sit at my cube in relative quiet and have an actual schedule. Over the weekend there is no such thing, just improvising depending on how the kids feel, weather, wife, honey-do-list, which seem a lot more chaotic. The way the economy is, good thing to have a relatively good job! Regards, MHH

well so do I (if I work the next day that is, like today) then I'll hear music in my grocery store (RALPHS) such as........."just another manic monday", make you kind of wonder you know..............:)

Well, I hate to say this, but I am jealous that you have the "I hate sunday night" feeling. Right now for me, it is I hate every night, because I don't have a job to get up for. Have been out of work for 5 weeks now, and can not even get a nibble on anything. I have had several interviews, all which end up with "we'll give you call." I either hear nothing, or they hired someome more qualified. It is really getting frustrating. My wife is really getting nervous that I haven't found anthing yet. But I keep plugging away, hoping someone will take a chance on me. Sorry about my little rant.

Well everyone, Monday is over!!! Do you guys feel better somewhat? I was suppose to get back on my weekly diet (after splurging over the weekend), but there's always somebody at work throwing parties. Ughhh, more cake, muffins, crossiants, etc. This time, it's a retirement party for someone else. You guys remember that one Seinfeld episode with Elaine at work and there seems to be a birthday party or some other kind of party that involves cake all the time? That's what I'm going through, lol.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I really feel sorry for those of you that are locked into jobs or careers that you don't like. I can safely say that I've not had one position during my entire working years that I found "unexciting." First career directly after college was the USAF. Pilot training and 10 years of flying really big aircraft all around the world, allowed me to provide a good home and stable life for my wife and three children. Second career, after being medically boarded off of flying status and eventually out of the service, working in my Grandfather's import/export business in Baltimore. And after leaving that position, working for myself where I started, ran and eventually sold three successful businesses, not to mention my current thriving engineering consulting business. Mission preparation, interaction with people that I truly admire, respect and had the good fortune to work with, kept me thanking my "good lord" for giving me a loving family and the opportunity to lead a full and exciting life. Every "Monday" was/is a challenge. A challenge to pick up the "issues/problems" laid aside at the close of business on Friday afternoon. The prospect of solving situations has always made life full and exciting -- and still does. So, the excitement and awe of flying directly over Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Fuji, Mt. Everest, the Amazon river and Jungle of Brazil as well as the windswept,cold geography of the arctic circle and the South Pole and the mouth of the Mediterranean Sea, directly between the Rock of Gibraltar and the Moroccan coast at 3 am and looking at Hally's comet with a pair of binoculars as it streaks across the heavens, while on a flight to Tunis. Looking at the minuter bodies of my twin granddaughters that were born dangerously premature, with profound amazement,wonder and fear that they wouldn't survive their first 24 hours. Genuinely, prayerfully and thankfully celebrating the 3rd birthday of these beautiful, inquisitive, intelligent and extremely active little girls. Life is what you make of it. If you're content to allow yourself to live your life reacting to what comes your way, that's your choice. But, I have chosen to live my life by making my own opportunities and taking advantage of those that come my way. If you are not content with your current situation, then do something to improve and change the direction in which you're headed. Retrain, return to school, and reinvigorate your joy for living Am I happy? You betcha! Because, life, with all of it's trials, tribulations, fears, desires, successes and failures -- when you add it all up -- is good.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Life is what you make of it. Keeping a family together, able to support all of their needs and some wants, getting a proper education, staying healthy and coping with the day to day things that won't let you relax but keeps you on your toes constantly is all part of it and then some. And then comes retirement time and you say to yourself that it is now finally time to relax and enjoy life a bit differently. But then---is it really? Retirement is one of lifes big changes and now there is a different set of circumstances to deal with daily. It isn't the same for everyone. Work for one is not the same as work for everyone and retirement for one is quite different for another. And that is what makes the world go around. Enjoy your job and all that it provides and enjoy your retirement and all that there is to be had there. You can't go around a second time so you better make due the first time as the alternative isn't going to do anything for you at all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I really feel sorry for those of you that are locked into jobs or careers that you don't like. I can safely say that I've not had one position during my entire working years that I found "unexciting."

First career directly after college was the USAF. Pilot training and 10 years of flying really big aircraft all around the world, allowed me to provide a good home and stable life for my wife and three children.

Second career, after being medically boarded off of flying status and eventually out of the service, working in my Grandfather's import/export business in Baltimore. And after leaving that position, working for myself where I started, ran and eventually sold three successful businesses, not to mention my current thriving engineering consulting business.

Mission preparation, interaction with people that I truly admire, respect and had the good fortune to work with, kept me thanking my "good lord" for giving me a loving family and the opportunity to lead a full and exciting life.

Every "Monday" was/is a challenge. A challenge to pick up the "issues/problems" laid aside at the close of business on Friday afternoon. The prospect of solving situations has always made life full and exciting -- and still does.

So, the excitement and awe of flying directly over Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Fuji, Mt. Everest, the Amazon river and Jungle of Brazil as well as the windswept,cold geography of the arctic circle and the South Pole and the mouth of the Mediterranean Sea, directly between the Rock of Gibraltar and the Moroccan coast at 3 am and looking at Hally's comet with a pair of binoculars as it streaks across the heavens, while on a flight to Tunis.

Looking at the minuter bodies of my twin granddaughters that were born dangerously premature, with profound amazement,wonder and fear that they wouldn't survive their first 24 hours. Genuinely, prayerfully and thankfully celebrating the 3rd birthday of these beautiful, inquisitive, intelligent and extremely active little girls.

Life is what you make of it. If you're content to allow yourself to live your life reacting to what comes your way, that's your choice. But, I have chosen to live my life by making my own opportunities and taking advantage of those that come my way.

If you are not content with your current situation, then do something to improve and change the direction in which you're headed. Retrain, return to school, and reinvigorate your joy for living

Am I happy? You betcha! Because, life, with all of it's trials, tribulations, fears, desires, successes and failures -- when you add it all up -- is good.

Truly inspiring. I got teary eyed when you mentioned your granddaughters. I'm very happy that they are all right and are as happy as they can be knowing they have such a wonderful and supportive grand-daddy in you!!! All my blessings...

I have no complaints about where I'm at in life. Came to NYC with no friends, no family, no job and not even a place to stay. I think my friends back in the midwest called me every name under the sun. They thought I'd come crawling back begging for mercy. "Don't go, NYC will eat you alive"

Right now I'm working from Central America and when I get back will be visiting Sweden, Paris, London and Portugal. With an average work day of 4 hours, a newly renovated condo back in NYC, I have no complaints.

In fact, it's really just the beginning as I'm currently developing multiple residual income streams -- the kind of money I work hard for to initially acquire, but the kind of money that keeps coming in virtually effortlessly thereafter.

Back to invoicing, volcanos, and tropical climate!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Wow, you are brave. I don't know if I can do something like that without a good friend at least. Getting a job as got to be the hardest part going anywhere because you need income to earn a living. I would have to make sure that where ever I'm going, I have a job waiting for me. Otherwise, I won't be in good shape. So far, we're halfway through the week. Again, this week seems to be flying. Especially when I come on here to chat. Incredible!!!

• 2 months later...