Got a bit more attention than I expected

dblair

I went for a walk after supper this evening, wearing a pair of 5" stiletto boots, with slim jeans over-top (not hiding my heels at all), and a turtleneck sweater (it was quite cool today after the huge dump of rain that we had over the weekend). Attached is a crappy quality image of the exact outfit I was wearing. Now, keep in mind, I've been out in public in high heel boots many times and have had very little in the way of negative reaction. I guess today was the first time that I was motivated to walk the whole way in broad daylight, right from my own doorstep, to the mall, and back again without taking the car most of the way. I walked down my front street to a near-by main drag, and then over to the shopping center. The whole walk was entirely uneventful, except for when I got to the intersection of my street and the main drag. Just when I arrived at the intersection, there was a car there with 2 girls, maybe late-teens or early twenties, waiting to make a u-turn. They saw me immediately and both started screaming at the top of their lungs. I guess I could best describe it as female cat calls that they were yelling, lol. I'm am not sure if they liked what they saw, or if they were just ridiculing me (probably the latter) but anyway, they just wouldn't quit. It seemed to go on for at least a minute or two, they just wouldn't shut-up...they even missed their opportunity to make their turn when there was a break in the traffic because they were too-focused on yelling at me. I've got a fairly thick skin and didn't really care about their reaction, but after 30 or 40 seconds of that continuous yelling I was really getting self-conscious and starting to feel that everyone else was now looking at me as well, which got me nervous and somewhat stressed. Anyway, I just kept going and the car eventually disappeared into traffic and then all was cool again. I have to admit that had this happened to me 6 months to a year ago, I probably would never go out in heels again. But at this point, I am actually feeling pretty good about myself and I am really happy that I went out tonight. I plan to get out for a lot more daytime public heeling as a result.

post-20364-133522915254_thumb.jpg

Good job. Girls and heels, gotta love their reactions. What did their non-verbals communicate? Were they motioning you over, were they smiling?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I was too-shy to look closely enough at them to see their gestures. I'm pretty sure that they were ridiculing me more than anything, but I can still pretend that they thought I was hot, LOL:smile:

oh that has happened to me before dblair, its so immature when these young punks do that, cause they are really just calling attention to themselves mostly boy, talk about real idiots, too!:) makes you wonder whats really going on in their grape seed sized brains, too:-? I myself just ignore it like they dont even exsist-this universe is WAY too big for me to care about what a few moronic young people who havent learned to growup yet might react to about my choice of footwear when they see it for the first time on a planet that is in all probability one of BILLIONS like it (more or less).

Well done in not being too intimidated by those imbosiles. You look great in your heels, you have a natural look about you wearing them, so i wouldn't worry about whatever comments you get, i bet you anything that neither of them would have said anything on their own. Keep on wearing your heels with pride, you do it extremely well.

dblair -

A gaggle of giggling girls on foot is bad enough but putting them is a car just lets them turn up the volume. Sounds like you had a reasonable reaction to them though, congratulations. I avoid confrontations with hecklers because it gets me nowhere (others have been more successful), but just looking at that group with a pleasant smile and a slight shake of you head might have been appropriate.

By the way, nice looking outfit.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I would be totally frozen, if it happened to me, Similar feeling i got when one day i was heeling in a office comercial area, when it was after hours and nobody was there, i was trying my new outfit and new boots, after some seconds i went inside my car becasue i got the feeling that i needed to leave (sixth sense), two cops came thought the entrance of the parking lot in their patrols so quick as if an alarm was set, i dont know, i completely got frozen and decided to go out calmly in my car, i passed exaclty by their side and i left, dont forget i was completely in a cd mode, maybe i was crazy that day, but i was wearing like a hooker maybe....i think someone call the cops on me thinking i was a hooker, since then i cant go out. going out in heels need a prep for sure.

V. Morpho

Thats the best thing to do, smile and wave. Especially since they were shouting at the top of their lungs and you couldn't hear what they were yelling. Sounds like a JeffB response doesn't it. Smile and wave. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

First of all, great outfit dbalir, you look really good. Second, you're only responsible for your behaviour, no one else's. If a couple of feral girls want to shout and scream like banshees, they'll do it. What this goes to show is they don't have the wit they were born with. It also shows you have a maturity and strength of character that millions of other can only wish for. Good for you for carrying on with your day, I salute you, and know you'll have loads more fun ones in heels.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. Don't worry, I'm not discouraged in any way, as much as I was freaked-out at the moment, I am laughing about it now.:)

They were idiots and cowards (hecklers tend to show their colors when they have a quick getaway capability such as a vehicle so that if crap hits the fan, for instance, you were to pull out a gun, they could put the peddle to the metal), the world is full of them. Yet you survived to tell the tale. That wasn't too bad was it? 9 times out of 10, such an event would never occur. So the odds are in your favor that every heel outing would go smoothly. Besides, you looked great and if you felt good about your outfit then you were rightfully supposed to feel that way. Guys, work on improving your own self confidence to the point where you stand in front of the mirror and say to yourselves "Damn, I look good". If you believe it then no amount of non physical heckling would intimidate you. It would actually make you laugh and you'll be able to turn the table on the hecklers by ridiculing them. In this case, a fake laugh and a wave towards the teenagers would show them (and anyone who spotted you) that you neither care about their opinion, you're confident about your look and that you think that they are idiots, all of this by seeming friendly. Funny that these girls responded in such a fashion. I figure that they'd hate it if one of the millions of primate males were to whistle at them while they were walking down the street. Maybe they were drunk, plain stupid or both.

I had a similar situation a few nights ago while in line at the store.. At the time, it was weird, and I could'nt wait to pay for my items and get out of there.. Later on I thought "I wish I would have had on higher heels than what I was wearing"..:)

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

dblair- Nice outfit and sexy boots too! I wonder what these two navigationally-challenged whizgirls were wearing on their feet that they spent that amount of energy yelling at you?? As others have inferred, your actions were first-class in the face of such boorish behaviour. Imagine a guy making fun of a woman wearing basketball sneakers?? Oh, that's right I forgot about the double standard where they get to wear whatever they want......but only if we allow it. You apparently didn't. Well done. Personally, I would have said "Make a GPS purchase, not U turns. These stilettos have your backside written on them!" HappyinHeels

I've always found that, provided you make no comment and attract attention to yourself, all that happens is that other people about the place look at those making most noise, namely the plonkers in the car. The others will usually be thinking something along the lines of:- 'what are those idiots in the car making a racket about ..... oh, just leave us in peace ! ' Xa

I have to agree with most others. Great outfit and i think you handled it perfectly!

That sort of thing doesn't happen very often.

Laugh and enjoy!

Take care Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS