Easiest heels to walk in?

krazykev64

Just a quick question asking for opinions. If you had to walk in 5'' heels which would be easiest? 5'' with platform soles or 5'' with thin soles? Would you choice also be your choice for walking longer distances? Could you walk 5 miles in 7.5'' heels with platform soles and a broad heel?

this is a question of common sense i guess. Shoes that high arent meant for walking 5 miles for most people. Im sure there are those who have no problem doing so but as you are asking i assume your not an experiences 5inch heel wearer. lol 5inch thin soles will make sure you feel every stone on the path. with a platform you wont feel that but then theres the balance issue of the platform too. by 5 in with a platform i assume you aremeaning eg 5inch heel with 1 in platform. Thus this would feel like the lift of wearing a 4in heel and should be easier... if that all makes sense ;)

Heels higher than 2.5 inches are more for personal aggrandized vanity than for walking great distances, unless you have trained or have the experience for such undertakings. Most plastic or hard rubber heel tips would probably wear off before the distance was achieved anyway. To mention the wearers condition after the traveled course would be somewhat redundant. However, for those with high heeled adventures to experience, this does have a certain endurance intrigue in heeling fantasy.

well now, believe it not I find that my avitar (the black DEMONIA boots) are easier to walk in then the NINE WEST blade heel boots, for the basic reason that I've got more "elevation" on the sole on these boots so my feet can handle them longer than the NW ones, even though the DM boots are fake leather while the NW ones are real leather.

I agree the less the lift the easier the distance and the heel wear would be minimal with a wide heel. My 70s platforms be they 1 size too tight I could stay a full evening (6hours) and walk into kingston and back (2 miles+ each way). Because of the size Yep I wanted to get them off once I got home, but then after a morning shift and a late night I was normally knackered by then anyway. However they still have their original sole/heel. Half inch heel tips I can wear down in two days (4 miles) and are ready to be replaced before it's too late. Some do wear well but some will disappear in a mile. As I mentioned previously for your "heros" tour,- DO practice, DO the route in different heights to prove you CAN do it and the shoes will do it. It may seem a cop out but for future events 2-2.5 miles you may get more takers to come and join in than a full 5 mile marathon. Al

• 3 weeks later...

Today I wore my Pleaser XTC826 heels for around 4 hours while I was doing a collection to promote my sponsered walk on August 22nd 2009 and I have to say that I cannot believe how comfortable they are considering the height. I had a few aches but nothing too bad. Seems as if a few people have been trying to scare me. I feel ready to take on the world. The best bit was the looks I had. I was collecting in a busy supermarket and it was not the fact that I was wearing womens heels but the height of them. When I say I am doing a 5 mile walk in them they cant believe it. Anything for a good cause eh?

Good luck with your walk! As long as you don't have any hills to go up or down, you will do fine. Did anyone compliment you on your shoes while you were at the market? I have a pair of Pleasers similar to yours. They are easy to walk in and I like the extra height over a non-platform heel. The downside is I can see all the dust that's collected on top of the bookcases!

Today I wore my Pleaser XTC826 heels for around 4 hours while I was doing a collection to promote my sponsered walk on August 22nd 2009 and I have to say that I cannot believe how comfortable they are considering the height. I had a few aches but nothing too bad. Seems as if a few people have been trying to scare me. I feel ready to take on the world.

The best bit was the looks I had. I was collecting in a busy supermarket and it was not the fact that I was wearing womens heels but the height of them. When I say I am doing a 5 mile walk in them they cant believe it. Anything for a good cause eh?

If it seemed I was trying to scare you into wearing heel heights below 5 inches for walking great distances, then I will try to clarify my position on high heel usage. The slope of the foot while walking needs preparation if you haven't been walking at such inclines. With the heels depicted in your avatar, you may be higher than the 5 inches, but the inclination of your feet is not as great as walking in 5 inch heels with the single sole of the shoe being the platformed height. Therefore, walking in the XTC826 Pleasers would be easier in some respects, but the balance in such platformed heights has to become the priority concern on uneven terrain. A quarter inch difference in the surface, such as an unleveled sidewalk tile or a round pebble, could cause you to turn your ankle, not to mention fall, if you aren't ready for it.

If it seemed I was trying to scare you into wearing heel heights below 5 inches for walking great distances, then I will try to clarify my position on high heel usage. The slope of the foot while walking needs preparation if you haven't been walking at such inclines. With the heels depicted in your avatar, you may be higher than the 5 inches, but the inclination of your feet is not as great as walking in 5 inch heels with the single sole of the shoe being the platformed height. Therefore, walking in the XTC826 Pleasers would be easier in some respects, but the balance in such platformed heights has to become the priority concern on uneven terrain. A quarter inch difference in the surface, such as an unleveled sidewalk tile or a round pebble, could cause you to turn your ankle, not to mention fall, if you aren't ready for it.

While some people can put on a pair of heels for the first time and charge off into the traffic without any problems, other people have to "get used" to wearing them because of the difference between walking in heels and their flat shoes.

Foot placement on the ground is important to maintaining your balance when wearing heels. It takes experience to recognize what the ground is like where you are going to plant your foot at the end of a stride. This is where any number of high heel wearers have problems. And, not being able to recognize how the ground "feels" beneath your foot, in that split second before you transfer your entire weight onto the shoe as you step onto the ground can lead to turning your ankle.

Actually, histiletto, you've described the "fault" perfectly. When wearing plats the "feel" of the surface on which you are about to step, isn't telegraphed in the same way as they are in normal single sole shoes. Therefore, delaying the "recognition" and adjustment factor just enough to cause a disaster if you fail to react quickly enough. Plats are dangerous. Once, years ago, while wearing a pair of sandals with 2½" platforms and 6½" heels, I steped on a stone and twisted my ankle so badly it took weeks to heal. And, that was the last time I wore plats that high. It was a painful experience and kept me off heels for a long time.

So, please be careful. It not only hurts, but it's embarassing to admit that you "injured yourself" while out and about wearing a pair of high heels. The reason why you are wearing heels doesn't make any difference.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Not sure I saw it mentioned by anyone, but thicker, almost chunky heels can make a huge difference, since it greatly reduces the unsteadiness that you'd have in stilletto heels. It make not be as attractive as a thinner heel, but if stability and long-term walking ability are more important, it's worth considering.

Interest variety of responses. Bubba136 is astute pointing out it is wise to think about the consequences of hurting yourself while "out" wearing heels and not important the reason you were wearing them. I find that wedge heels, especially some are stylish enough to be worn from the car to a restaurant or even to a wedding. If you are going to a fetish or Halloween party and want to wear 7 or 8" platform sandals, wear a wedge or something stable, and once inside where the floor is level put on your "party" shoes. Wearing platforms on uneven pavement is asking for trouble, but wearing them on the party floor is devine!

Easiest heels for me to walk in are Frankenstein boots. But I agree- watch out for uneven dirt floor in your basement. The 5" heel and 4" platform makes it easier to work on house repairs near the ceiling. The one piece polyurthane sole and heel is lightweight and stable on most surfaces.

The heels I find most comfortable are my http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/guys/1512d1203993191-thigh_boots_public-8899.gif'>Ellie 8899 5” stiletto thigh boots. Mine are size 14 and I use a cushioned insole and I can go for hours in them. The geometry of the heel and arch of these boots really works well for me. I have others in 4”, 5” and 5.5” that don’t work as well at all.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I can't talk about 5" heels, but my defacto boots for around the house wear (skirts) and beneath jeans when I go out to movies have 4-1/4" heels. I have many pair of lower heels, but for some reason, these boots are just "all-day" boots, and I've often worn them around the house, or out, for 10 to 15 hours.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Actually, histiletto, you've described the "fault" perfectly. When wearing plats the "feel" of the surface on which you are about to step, isn't telegraphed in the same way as they are in normal single sole shoes. Therefore, delaying the "recognition" and adjustment factor just enough to cause a disaster if you fail to react quickly enough. Plats are dangerous. Once, years ago, while wearing a pair of sandals with 2½" platforms and 6½" heels, I steped on a stone and twisted my ankle so badly it took weeks to heal. And, that was the last time I wore plats that high. It was a painful experience and kept me off heels for a long time.

So, please be careful. It not only hurts, but it's embarassing to admit that you "injured yourself" while out and about wearing a pair of high heels. The reason why you are wearing heels doesn't make any difference.

Your so right about the platforms the first night i went out for a late night in my new mj's i got about as far as i was going from the house and went flying. I mean i ended up flat on my back ;) . At least no1 looked out of there windows at me.......

Anyway after that i learned that high plats need to be treated with respect. I still think there great but the huge scuff on one of them is there to remind me to think before i ever leave the house in them again.

Hi, I would have to say a non-platform stiletto heel. Stiletto heels are easier because similar to a non-platform shoe they allow for you to present the sole at different angles without a chunky heel forcing the heel and sole flat to the ground - thereby forcing your ankle and foot in line. Any experienced wearers will know a pavement is never anywhere near flat (unless you're in a mall) and I find the stiletto heel is more forgiving when walking distances. It allows me to lean a heel into a corner slightly - or to walk easier when crossing a street that is on a hill, or walking on a pavement with a steep sideways camber....Chunkier heels always end up being more tiring. Additionally the stiletto heel is lighter and I find the light weight feel is very important to me. Heel tips last for ages (metal ones do) - probably get 25km out of a pair of heels, and if you're honest (and alternate your shoes) it takes some time to grind them down. Cheers Heel-Lover